Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Accidental Mass Murder

Go down 
+3
QuestionMark
Blaze88
Mr Bubbless
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Mr Bubbless
Top Contributor
Mr Bubbless

Contribution Points : 39196
Forum Reputation : 731

Accidental Mass Murder Empty
PostSubject: Accidental Mass Murder   Accidental Mass Murder Icon_minitimeSat May 22, 2021 8:13 am

Last edited by Mr Bubbless on Fri Apr 22, 2022 4:52 am; edited 2 times in total

MilverSoxie likes this post

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Accidental Mass Murder   Accidental Mass Murder Icon_minitimeSat May 22, 2021 8:31 am

Not exactly accidental, but there’s the UpStairs Lounge arson, from 1973, where 32 people died. According to a documentary (“Upstairs Inferno”), some people speculated that the arsonist was just trying to scare the people from the bar. I haven’t really researched the case, though.
The only suspect took his own life a year later.

From wikipedia: "A friend later told investigators that Nunez (the suspect) confessed on at least four occasions to starting the fire. He told the friend he squirted the bottom steps with Ronsonol lighter fluid, bought at a local Walgreens, and tossed a match. He did not realize, he claimed, that the whole place would go up in flames"
Back to top Go down
Blaze88

Blaze88

Contribution Points : 43118
Forum Reputation : 65

PostSubject: Re: Accidental Mass Murder   Accidental Mass Murder Icon_minitimeSat May 22, 2021 8:40 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

There are countless incidents accidental large causes life, mainly as a result of vehicular accidents and or accidental fires but I'm sure there are some more bizzare freak incidents out there.

QuestionMark, MilverSoxie and Mr Bubbless like this post

Back to top Go down
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark

Contribution Points : 120403
Forum Reputation : 3191

PostSubject: Re: Accidental Mass Murder   Accidental Mass Murder Icon_minitimeSat May 22, 2021 2:08 pm

Mr Bubbless likes this post

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Accidental Mass Murder   Accidental Mass Murder Icon_minitimeFri May 28, 2021 1:08 am

On February 18, 1977, a 12-year-old Chinese child named Zhao Guanghui( 赵广辉) was playing with fireworks in a cinema in Xinjiang, when he misfired one of the pyrothenics, causing a fire that killed 694 people and wounded 164 others.

Source: Text in Chinese
Back to top Go down
Mr Bubbless
Top Contributor
Mr Bubbless

PostSubject: Re: Accidental Mass Murder   Accidental Mass Murder Icon_minitimeFri May 28, 2021 2:38 am

Last edited by Mr Bubbless on Fri Apr 22, 2022 4:52 am; edited 2 times in total

MilverSoxie likes this post

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Accidental Mass Murder   Accidental Mass Murder Icon_minitimeFri May 28, 2021 4:26 am

Mr Bubbless wrote:
Enesbrietchvonfrederitch wrote:
On February 18, 1977, a 12-year-old Chinese child named Zhao Guanghui( 赵广辉) was playing with fireworks in a cinema in Xinjiang, when he misfired one of the pyrothenics, causing a fire that killed 694 people and wounded 164 others.

Source: Text in Chinese

I can't access the article. There's next to no information about the incident online; can you please give me another source?
I attempted to search this case at a Brazilian newspaper archive and translate a report about it here, but I can't find none. I also attempted to search the case by putting the keywords and the name of the child, but yet no results. Did you try putting "赵广辉1977" on Google? The sources are in Chinese. I was about to put one of those Chinese sources here, but I can't test if they are available.

Could you attempt to see if there are sources available in Chinese by putting that keyword (the one with Chinese characters and the year of the incident) into Google? Also, do your computer block foreign websites from China? I think that might be a possible reason.
Back to top Go down
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark

Contribution Points : 120403
Forum Reputation : 3191

PostSubject: Re: Accidental Mass Murder   Accidental Mass Murder Icon_minitimeSat May 29, 2021 3:29 pm

Here's one that generated a lot of outrage from the court ruling:

Killisaki
Top Contributor
Killisaki

Contribution Points : 42343
Forum Reputation : 93

PostSubject: Re: Accidental Mass Murder   Accidental Mass Murder Icon_minitimeSun Jun 20, 2021 11:50 am

On December 2, 1969, Louis Chiasson, aged 64 at the time, started a fire at a seniors' residence in the town of Notre-Dame-du-Lac, Quebec, Canada. He started the fire with paper matches with the intention of putting out and look useful, instead the fire got out of control and 44 people died. He would confess for the fire, saying he felt guilty and unable to sleep for what he did. He would be sentenced to life in prison, dying on November 21, 1971, from heart failure.

"Said he was a wolf, only the difference
Was, a wolf’s skin was hairy on the outside,
His on the inside;"
- John Webster
"I cannot allow the cheap fireworks of some amateur terrorist to trigger my beatiful apocalyptic display!"
-Dr. Kabapu
"But hey, you wouldn't have signed on if you weren't planning to becoming a martyr. So let's get to work."
-Mannagaer lol
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Accidental Mass Murder   Accidental Mass Murder Icon_minitimeMon Jun 21, 2021 1:41 am

Probably not what you are looking for, but the 1993 Carlton Barber's Shop fire started because the perpetrator, Liang Hsin-teng, had an argument with the shop owner about the payment of NT$700,000 in gambling debt. Then, Liang doused himself with gasoline and, shouting curses, set himself on fire in the basement of the establishment, which occupied three levels of a 12-storey building on Songjiang Road (松江路). The blaze quickly spread to the two other levels of the shop, killing 20 people.

What's strange in this case for me is that one newspaper reported the story as "Suicide in Taiwan turns into slaughter". While we don't know Liang's true intentions, setting oneself on fire instead of dousing the establishment with gasoline sounds a bit strange to me. So I can speculate that he only wanted to commit suicide in the basement of that shop, but instead it got out of control and killed the people.
Back to top Go down
Mr Bubbless
Top Contributor
Mr Bubbless

PostSubject: Re: Accidental Mass Murder   Accidental Mass Murder Icon_minitimeMon Jun 21, 2021 8:01 am

Enesbrietchvonfrederitch wrote:
Probably not what you are looking for, but the 1993 Carlton Barber's Shop fire started because the perpetrator, Liang Hsin-teng, had an argument with the shop owner about the payment of NT$700,000 in gambling debt. Then, Liang doused himself with gasoline and, shouting curses, set himself on fire in the basement of the establishment, which occupied three levels of a 12-storey building on Songjiang Road (松江路). The blaze quickly spread to the two other levels of the shop, killing 20 people.

What's strange in this case for me is that one newspaper reported the story as "Suicide in Taiwan turns into slaughter". While we don't know Liang's true intentions, setting oneself on fire instead of dousing the establishment with gasoline sounds a bit strange to me. So I can speculate that he only wanted to commit suicide in the basement of that shop, but instead it got out of control and killed the people.

This reminds me of the Daegu subway fire when a suicidal man attempted to end it all by setting himself ablaze on a train. Somehow he managed to survive, but the fire killed 192 people.

Back to top Go down
Koschei

Koschei

Contribution Points : 30734
Forum Reputation : 2

PostSubject: Re: Accidental Mass Murder   Accidental Mass Murder Icon_minitimeWed Jul 21, 2021 7:14 pm

The Alleton House fire - where Mick Philpott his wife and a friend deliberately poured petrol through the letter box. His mistress had left the house a few months earlier with four of their children so they planned to set the house on fire to make it look like she had done. It all well Philpott would rescue the children and look like a hero who saved his children in the process. But the fire got out of control fast killing five of the children through smoke inhalation while a sixth died in hospital two days later.

DanielBryer

Contribution Points : 29578
Forum Reputation : 104

PostSubject: Re: Accidental Mass Murder   Accidental Mass Murder Icon_minitimeWed Sep 21, 2022 6:03 am

Not a murder, but a gangbang lead to 12 people being injured in Moss Side a few years ago.
Back to top Go down
EclipseSun

EclipseSun

Contribution Points : 3452
Forum Reputation : 177

PostSubject: Re: Accidental Mass Murder   Accidental Mass Murder Icon_minitimeThu Apr 04, 2024 3:52 pm

2014 Fire at a hospital in Korea that killed 21. The arsonist was identified as 81-year-old Kim who suffered from dementia. (WTF they even sentenced him to 20 years in prison later)

war criminal likes this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Accidental Mass Murder   Accidental Mass Murder Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Accidental Mass Murder
Page 1 of 1