Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

So if Eric and Dylan had been caught...

Go down 
+8
Z_Splatter
PaintItBlack
lasttrain
Draw_It_White
Mj2beat
Jenn
Undyne
12 posters
AuthorMessage
Undyne

Contribution Points : 102438
Forum Reputation : 27

So if Eric and Dylan had been caught... Empty
PostSubject: So if Eric and Dylan had been caught...   So if Eric and Dylan had been caught... Icon_minitimeWed May 14, 2014 8:32 pm

... where do YOU personally think they should have gone?  Jail?  A mental hospital?  For how long?
Back to top Go down
Jenn
Forum & Discord Server Owner
Jenn

Contribution Points : 119333
Forum Reputation : 1004

PostSubject: Re: So if Eric and Dylan had been caught...   So if Eric and Dylan had been caught... Icon_minitimeWed May 14, 2014 11:08 pm

If they had done exactly what they did but didn't commit suicide? Then I think they both should have gotten life in prison with no chance of parole.

Back to top Go down
Mj2beat

Contribution Points : 95629
Forum Reputation : 24

PostSubject: Re: So if Eric and Dylan had been caught...   So if Eric and Dylan had been caught... Icon_minitimeThu May 15, 2014 12:17 am

I see them in jail, with no chance of parole and marrying with girls that try to meet them like some killers do now.

The most terrifying fact about the universe is not that it is hostile but that it is indifferent; but if we can come to terms with this indifference and accept the challenges of life within the boundaries of death — however mutable man may be able to make them — our existence as a species can have genuine meaning and fulfillment. However vast the darkness, we must supply our own light
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: So if Eric and Dylan had been caught...   So if Eric and Dylan had been caught... Icon_minitimeThu May 15, 2014 5:15 am

Eric was 18, so I wouldn't be surprised if he had gotten the death penalty.
Back to top Go down
Draw_It_White

Draw_It_White

Contribution Points : 98568
Forum Reputation : 154

PostSubject: Re: So if Eric and Dylan had been caught...   So if Eric and Dylan had been caught... Icon_minitimeThu May 15, 2014 11:01 am

Mj2beat wrote:
I see them in jail, with no chance of parole and marrying with girls that try to meet them like some killers do now.

PaintItBlack  ;) 
Back to top Go down
Mj2beat

Contribution Points : 95629
Forum Reputation : 24

PostSubject: Re: So if Eric and Dylan had been caught...   So if Eric and Dylan had been caught... Icon_minitimeThu May 15, 2014 12:53 pm

Radioactive_Clothing wrote:
Mj2beat wrote:

PaintItBlack  ;) 

PaintItBlack ???

The most terrifying fact about the universe is not that it is hostile but that it is indifferent; but if we can come to terms with this indifference and accept the challenges of life within the boundaries of death — however mutable man may be able to make them — our existence as a species can have genuine meaning and fulfillment. However vast the darkness, we must supply our own light
Back to top Go down
lasttrain

Contribution Points : 102738
Forum Reputation : 74

PostSubject: Re: So if Eric and Dylan had been caught...   So if Eric and Dylan had been caught... Icon_minitimeThu May 15, 2014 6:39 pm

Eric would have blamed Dylan like he did in the van report.
Back to top Go down
PaintItBlack

PaintItBlack

Contribution Points : 97116
Forum Reputation : 52

PostSubject: Re: So if Eric and Dylan had been caught...   So if Eric and Dylan had been caught... Icon_minitimeThu May 15, 2014 8:17 pm

Mj2beat wrote:

PaintItBlack  ;) 

Thank you for mentioning me. I feel almost flattered.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: So if Eric and Dylan had been caught...   So if Eric and Dylan had been caught... Icon_minitimeThu May 15, 2014 8:28 pm

Oh, a mental hospital. Definitely.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: So if Eric and Dylan had been caught...   So if Eric and Dylan had been caught... Icon_minitimeThu May 15, 2014 10:21 pm

Caught prior to the attack: I would have sent them to jail or a state mental facility.

Caught after: life without parole probably.
Back to top Go down
Jenn
Jenn

PostSubject: Re: So if Eric and Dylan had been caught...   So if Eric and Dylan had been caught... Icon_minitimeFri May 16, 2014 1:55 am

Dominik528 wrote:

How come you think a mental hospital and not prison? I think it is actually pretty rare in America that these people who commit murder/shootings actually get away with the whole "mental health" defense.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: So if Eric and Dylan had been caught...   So if Eric and Dylan had been caught... Icon_minitimeFri May 16, 2014 2:43 am

Jenn wrote:
Dominik528 wrote:

How come you think a mental hospital and not prison? I think it is actually pretty rare in America that these people who commit murder/shootings actually get away with the whole "mental health" defense.
Well, because to this day, we're all curious as to what exactly was wrong with Eric & Dylan. It's clear that they both needed a lot of help, and they were pretty young.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: So if Eric and Dylan had been caught...   So if Eric and Dylan had been caught... Icon_minitimeFri May 16, 2014 10:20 pm

Dominik528 wrote:
Jenn wrote:
Dominik528 wrote:

Well, because to this day, we're all curious as to what exactly was wrong with Eric & Dylan. It's clear that they both needed a lot of help, and they were pretty young.

Yes but unfortunately these cases are usually treated in the adult system.

And as for mental defense - from what I understand the person has to be completely unaware of what they are doing. What the term - psychotic fugue? Anyhow, if they know to pay for the gas they are using to try and blow up the school the mental health defense usually won't hold up because they are AWARE.
Back to top Go down
Z_Splatter

Contribution Points : 97936
Forum Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: So if Eric and Dylan had been caught...   So if Eric and Dylan had been caught... Icon_minitimeTue May 20, 2014 1:48 pm

Dylan being under the age of 18 at the time of the offense would likely have gotten life w/o parole as the death penalty would not have been an option.

Eric was 18 so he likely would have gotten the death penalty.

I don't think either of them would have gotten away with an insanity defense because in order to be legally insane you cannot be able to tell right from wrong. Eric and Dylan both knew what they were doing was wrong and wanted to do it. The final basement tape would clearly have proved this.
Back to top Go down
Jenn
Jenn

PostSubject: Re: So if Eric and Dylan had been caught...   So if Eric and Dylan had been caught... Icon_minitimeTue May 20, 2014 7:49 pm

In my opinion, I don't think it is fair that one of them gets the death penalty and the other one doesn't. I know Eric was over 18 and therefore eligible to receive the death penalty, but it just doesn't seem fair that one gets a harsher punishment than the other when they both did the same exact thing.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: So if Eric and Dylan had been caught...   So if Eric and Dylan had been caught... Icon_minitimeTue May 20, 2014 9:42 pm

Jenn,

I don't feel the courts would give a harsher sentence to Eric. He had an equal part in the crime after all.

Back to top Go down
Draw_It_White

Draw_It_White

PostSubject: Re: So if Eric and Dylan had been caught...   So if Eric and Dylan had been caught... Icon_minitimeWed May 21, 2014 2:24 am

I bet Dylan would have been mortified if Eric got the death penalty and he didn't!
Back to top Go down
Z_Splatter

Contribution Points : 97936
Forum Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: So if Eric and Dylan had been caught...   So if Eric and Dylan had been caught... Icon_minitimeWed May 21, 2014 10:39 am

I know Eric was barely 18 but in the eyes of the courts it would have been enough. They likely could have proved about 4-6 murders that he directly committed. The only way he might have escaped the death penalty would be by pleading guilty.

They knew all of this. I think that is partially why they killed themselves so soon. They didn't want to risk getting caught by police and surviving.
Back to top Go down
Jenn
Jenn

PostSubject: Re: So if Eric and Dylan had been caught...   So if Eric and Dylan had been caught... Icon_minitimeWed May 21, 2014 11:05 am

midema wrote:
Jenn,

I don't feel the courts would give a harsher sentence to Eric. He had an equal part in the crime after all.  

Yes, that is what I was saying. I know they could have being that Eric was of legal age and Dylan wasn't but I just don't think it would be fair. I have seen that with court cases in other countries though where criminals who committed the same crime together got different punishments. For example one got the death penalty and the other gets life in prison. I don't think it is fair at all. Equal crime should get equal punishment.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: So if Eric and Dylan had been caught...   So if Eric and Dylan had been caught... Icon_minitimeWed May 21, 2014 7:44 pm

midema wrote:
Jenn,

Explain how he had an equal part in the crime when he murdered at least 2 or 3 extra people. You don't think that would be brought up in the courts, or would that just be swept under the rug because they're of similar age?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: So if Eric and Dylan had been caught...   So if Eric and Dylan had been caught... Icon_minitimeWed May 21, 2014 8:00 pm

It's ridiculous to think that Eric and Dylan would be treated equally in the courts. One committed more crimes than the other so they would be judged more harshly. It's as simple as that. No intangibles are going to make it an equal decision.
Back to top Go down
Draw_It_White

Draw_It_White

PostSubject: Re: So if Eric and Dylan had been caught...   So if Eric and Dylan had been caught... Icon_minitimeThu May 22, 2014 2:42 am

It's not that ridiculous - hardly as if Dylan just held Eric's duster whilst he did all the killing is it?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: So if Eric and Dylan had been caught...   So if Eric and Dylan had been caught... Icon_minitimeThu May 22, 2014 2:53 am

It's not that ridiculous - hardly as if Dylan just held Eric's duster whilst he did all the killing is it?
It is entirely ridiculous since Dylan killed fewer people than Eric and you expect them to have the same sentence. They didn't split down the middle and kill the people 50/50, Eric killed most of the victims. That's a fact, and one they would use in a courtroom.
Back to top Go down

Contribution Points : 93616
Forum Reputation : 1

PostSubject: Re: So if Eric and Dylan had been caught...   So if Eric and Dylan had been caught... Icon_minitimeThu May 22, 2014 2:59 am

Jenn wrote:
Dominik528 wrote:

Case in point: Sylvia Seegrist.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
although she did have paranoid schizophrenia.
Back to top Go down
Jenn
Jenn

PostSubject: Re: So if Eric and Dylan had been caught...   So if Eric and Dylan had been caught... Icon_minitimeThu May 22, 2014 1:29 pm

Ivan wrote:
It's ridiculous to think that Eric and Dylan would be treated equally in the courts. One committed more crimes than the other so they would be judged more harshly. It's as simple as that. No intangibles are going to make it an equal decision.

Yes, it is equal. They equally planned it, they equally set it up, they equally drove to the school, they equally set the bombs up and they equally open fired on innocent people. It just so happens that more of the people Eric shot died than the people that Dylan shot. But thanks a lot for calling my opinion on the matter "ridiculous' though, Ivan.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: So if Eric and Dylan had been caught...   So if Eric and Dylan had been caught... Icon_minitimeThu May 22, 2014 10:04 pm

Jenn wrote:
Ivan wrote:

Yes, it is equal. They equally planned it, they equally set it up, they equally drove to the school, they equally set the bombs up and they equally open fired on innocent people. It just so happens that more of the people Eric shot died than the people that Dylan shot. But thanks a lot for calling my opinion on the matter "ridiculous' though, Ivan.
'
It would only matter if they "equally planned it or set it up" if their bombs actually worked. In this case, they would be next to irrelevant in this discussion because the majority of their actions are attributed to the shooting in Colorado.

Eric killed more people than Dylan, so he would be punished harsher than Dylan was. Just like in the Oklahoma City Bombing case, when Timothy McVeigh was convicted of hundreds of murders and sentenced to death, while his accomplice got life without a chance of parole because his actions were proven to be lesser than that of Timothy McVeigh despite being in on everything they did.

Actually, they didn't equally open fire on people, and they also didn't equally plan it. Eric killed more people so it's evident that he opened fire more often than Dylan did towards innocent people. As for the planning, Eric got the guns. Eric got the fireworks. Dylan came up with the idea, told Eric and he ran with it. Dylan did not work towards the massacre, at all. Instead 4 months before participating in it he said something along the lines of "should I do it w/Eric?" (obviously referring to the massacre). The rest of the time he was writing tirades about his several crushes and how he thinks they're perfect. I wouldn't even say they equally "set it up" either.
Back to top Go down
Jenn
Jenn

PostSubject: Re: So if Eric and Dylan had been caught...   So if Eric and Dylan had been caught... Icon_minitimeThu May 22, 2014 11:32 pm

Ivan wrote:
Jenn wrote:
Ivan wrote:

'
It would only matter if they "equally planned it or set it up" if their bombs actually worked. In this case, they would be next to irrelevant in this discussion because the majority of their actions are attributed to the shooting in Colorado.

Eric killed more people than Dylan, so he would be punished harsher than Dylan was. Just like in the Oklahoma City Bombing case, when Timothy McVeigh was convicted of hundreds of murders and sentenced to death, while his accomplice got life without a chance of parole because his actions were proven to be lesser than that of Timothy McVeigh despite being in on everything they did.

Actually, they didn't equally open fire on people, and they also didn't equally plan it. Eric killed more people so it's evident that he opened fire more often than Dylan did towards innocent people. As for the planning, Eric got the guns. Eric got the fireworks. Dylan came up with the idea, told Eric and he ran with it. Dylan did not work towards the massacre, at all. Instead 4 months before participating in it he said something along the lines of "should I do it w/Eric?" (obviously referring to the massacre). The rest of the time he was writing tirades about his several crushes and how he thinks they're perfect. I wouldn't even say they equally "set it up" either.

I never said that they wouldn't be harsher on Eric. In fact, if you would have read what I said, I said I know that they could have been harsher on Eric because he was 18 and Dylan was 17. I said that I personally do not think it would be fair to give one the death penalty and not the other. That is my opinion, which is apparently ridiculous to you.

As for the planning. They equally planned it. With your argument, they would have been harsher on Eric because he killed more people. Well, with that way of thinking, why not think they would have been harsher on Dylan since it was his idea, like you said? If Dylan never had the idea in the first place, none of it would have happened, correct? I mean that is what you just said.

How did they not equally open fire on people, Ivan? They met at the top of the hill and started blasting the shit out of their guns. Wasn't Dylan the one running backwards, laughing and giggling and shooting the hell out of his gun? Wasn't it Dylan who blasted a kids face off? Didn't Dylan run up and down the halls shooting just as much as Eric? Didn't Dylan run around the Library laughing and screaming killing people and shooting just as much as Eric? Didn't Dylan shoot at the cops just as much as Eric? Didn't Dylan shoot and partially blow up one of the Cafeteria bombs? Dylan was shooting at people and wanted to kill people just as much as Eric did. It just so happens that Eric had more fatal shots than Dylan and that was probably because Eric was using his shotgun a lot and Dylan hardly used his. Probably because it was a pain in the ass to reload it after only 2 shots.

As for the planning. Didn't Dylan work at the firework stand too? Wasn't there like 4 of them who got fireworks? Not just Eric? Didn't Dylan help make bombs? The day before the shooting wasn't Dylan's car seen outside of Eric's house and the neighbor's heard them banging around in the garage? Eric got the guns you say? Wasn't it Dylan's friend who actually went and got them? Didn't she do it because she liked Dylan and not Eric? And didn't Dylan put money into buying the guns?

Wasn't Dylan the one carrying on about getting guns and going on a killing spree way before Eric ever mentioned it? As far as I am concerned it was Dylan's idea to get guns.

I really don't know much about the Oklahoma Bombing so I won't comment on something I have no knowledge of. But, in the case, in my own personal opinion, it was 50/50. They were equally in it and should be equally charged and given an equal punishment.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: So if Eric and Dylan had been caught...   So if Eric and Dylan had been caught... Icon_minitimeThu May 22, 2014 11:42 pm

Jenn wrote:
Ivan wrote:
Jenn wrote:
Ivan wrote:

'

I never said that they wouldn't be harsher on Eric. In fact, if you would have read what I said, I said I know that they could have been harsher on Eric because he was 18 and Dylan was 17. I said that I personally do not think it would be fair to give one the death penalty and not the other. That is my opinion, which is apparently ridiculous to you.

As for the planning. They equally planned it. With your argument, they would have been harsher on Eric because he killed more people. Well, with that way of thinking, why not think they would have been harsher on Dylan since it was his idea, like you said? If Dylan never had the idea in the first place, none of it would have happened, correct? I mean that is what you just said.

How did they not equally open fire on people, Ivan? They met at the top of the hill and started blasting the shit out of their guns. Wasn't Dylan the one running backwards, laughing and giggling and shooting the hell out of his gun? Wasn't it Dylan who blasted a kids face off? Didn't Dylan run up and down the halls shooting just as much as Eric? Didn't Dylan run around the Library laughing and screaming killing people and shooting just as much as Eric? Didn't Dylan shoot at the cops just as much as Eric? Didn't Dylan shoot and partially blow up one of the Cafeteria bombs? Dylan was shooting at people and wanted to kill people just as much as Eric did. It just so happens that Eric had more fatal shots than Dylan and that was probably because Eric was using his shotgun a lot and Dylan hardly used his. Probably because it was a pain in the ass to reload it after only 2 shots.

As for the planning. Didn't Dylan work at the firework stand too? Wasn't there like 4 of them who got fireworks? Not just Eric? Didn't Dylan help make bombs? The day before the shooting wasn't Dylan's car seen outside of Eric's house and the neighbor's heard them banging around in the garage? Eric got the guns you say? Wasn't it Dylan's friend who actually went and got them? Didn't she do it because she liked Dylan and not Eric? And didn't Dylan put money into buying the guns?

Wasn't Dylan the one carrying on about getting guns and going on a killing spree way before Eric ever mentioned it? As far as I am concerned it was Dylan's idea to get guns.

I really don't know much about the Oklahoma Bombing so I won't comment on something I have no knowledge of. But, in the case, in my own personal opinion, it was 50/50. They were equally in it and should be equally charged and given an equal punishment.

You implied that they would be treated equally in the courtroom, and I've presented facts that prove otherwise, age aside.

It was Eric's money that went into almost everything to do with the massacre, Dylan contributed very little in comparison. The fact that Robyn liked Dylan is irrelevant; the truth of the matter is Eric purchased most of the materials and a good portion of his money went into that. Robyn didn't just fork out enough of her own money, Eric and to a lesser extent, Dylan paid for it.

They didn't equally open fire on people because, like I said, Eric killed more people and I am about 80% positive (time away from Columbine has done that) he fired more rounds from his guns too. Dylan was shooting his gun at computers and killing a couple of people here and there. Eric was firing his gun more often than that and actually killing people.

Dylan's gun could be almost as fatal as Eric's guns, at close range, like when he killed Corey DePooter. He just chose to not take the massacre seriously and laugh, giggle and break the room apart. I forgot to mention he also wasted time loitering around and calling people names.

Dylan mentioned perhaps doing a shooting in 1997. Eric started talking about the massacre in early 1998, talking about getting guns. It's evident what I said previously is true.
Back to top Go down
Jenn
Jenn

PostSubject: Re: So if Eric and Dylan had been caught...   So if Eric and Dylan had been caught... Icon_minitimeFri May 23, 2014 12:06 am

Ivan wrote:
Jenn wrote:
Ivan wrote:
Jenn wrote:
Ivan wrote:

'

You implied that they would be treated equally in the courtroom, and I've presented facts that prove otherwise, age aside.

It was Eric's money that went into almost everything to do with the massacre, Dylan contributed very little in comparison. The fact that Robyn liked Dylan is irrelevant; the truth of the matter is Eric purchased most of the materials and a good portion of his money went into that. Robyn didn't just fork out enough of her own money, Eric and to a lesser extent, Dylan paid for it.

They didn't equally open fire on people because, like I said, Eric killed more people and I am about 80% positive (time away from Columbine has done that) he fired more rounds from his guns too. Dylan was shooting his gun at computers and killing a couple of people here and there. Eric was firing his gun more often than that and actually killing people.

Dylan's gun could be almost as fatal as Eric's guns, at close range, like when he killed Corey DePooter. He just chose to not take the massacre seriously and laugh, giggle and break the room apart. I forgot to mention he also wasted time loitering around and calling people names.

Dylan mentioned perhaps doing a shooting in 1997. Eric started talking about the massacre in early 1998, talking about getting guns. It's evident what I said previously is true.

Where did I say they would be treated equally? I don't recall saying that. What I recall saying is that they could have been harsher on Eric because he was of legal age. About them being treated equally, I said it was my opinion that they should be treated equally. That is personally how I feel and no matter what anyone thinks about my opinion on that, it doesn't change how I feel. They both spent over a year planning it, paying for it and they both went through with it, plain and simple as that.

And evidence proves that Dylan participated in the shooting as much as Eric. In fact, many witnesses said that Dylan actually seemed like he was enjoying it. And Eric tore the room apart just as much as Dylan. Eric was jumping on and shooting at bookshelves. Eric called people names too, didn't he make fun of Daniel Mauser before shooting him? So, like I said, they were equally doing the same things. Dylan and Eric were both in this together. And I do not believe that just because Dylan wrote in his journal "I wonder if NBK is the best way out" or something along those lines it would have gotten him a lesser punishment. Sure, he may have had second thoughts on it but that does not matter, he still planned it and still went through with it. Would Eric have gotten a lesser punishment because it seemed as though he wanted to get caught and kept leaving subtle hints all over the place?

And another thing, wasn't Eric more remorseful than Dylan? At least Eric had some compassion as to what this would do to his parents, Dylan couldn't give a fuck if his parents were devastated. All he did was whine and throw a pity party and seemed like he didn't care about anyone else except for himself. Would they use that against him in court too? I bet they would have. But that is kind of off topic but is just more proof that Dylan was equally involved. Also, Dylan was the one counting down the hours and telling himself to "have fun".

Also, how do you know that Dylan didn't take the massacre seriously? He most certainly seemed to take it seriously to me. In fact, he seemed like a God damn madman having the time of his life.

I've said this a few times. This is my opinion and I never said or implied they would be treated equally in the courts. In fact, I am well aware that in America court cases are hardly ever fair or equal and I am sure it is like that in most countries too. Like why did Mark Manes and Phil Duran get prison time but Robyn Anderson who purchased the guns got no punishment whatsoever?

Back to top Go down
sororityalpha
Top 10 Contributor
sororityalpha

Contribution Points : 124624
Forum Reputation : 1001

PostSubject: Re: So if Eric and Dylan had been caught...   So if Eric and Dylan had been caught... Icon_minitimeFri May 23, 2014 12:24 am

They both had the intention of killing on that day.

However, Dylan shortchanged himself of 74 rounds for his Tec-DC9 during the very early moments of the shooting.

Outside:
CBI 213/JCSO 2358 [50 Round Magazine with 40 Rounds],

BMW (Klebold):
CBI 991/JCSO 6004 [{36 Round} Magazine with 34 Rounds] - Found Between Driver's Seat/Floor Board

So, out of his 4 magazines [50 rd mag, 36 rd mag, 36 rd mag, 24 rd mag] Dylan really only had 2 magazines [36 rd mag, 24 rd mag] left on him outside and by the time he went inside the school.
Back to top Go down
Jenn
Jenn

PostSubject: Re: So if Eric and Dylan had been caught...   So if Eric and Dylan had been caught... Icon_minitimeFri May 23, 2014 12:43 am

sororityalpha wrote:
They both had the intention of killing on that day.

However, Dylan shortchanged himself of 74 rounds for his Tec-DC9 during the very early moments of the shooting.

Outside:
CBI 213/JCSO 2358 [50 Round Magazine with 40 Rounds],

BMW (Klebold):
CBI 991/JCSO 6004 [{36 Round} Magazine with 34 Rounds] - Found Between Driver's Seat/Floor Board

So, out of his 4 magazines [50 rd mag, 36 rd mag, 36 rd mag, 24 rd mag] Dylan really only had 2 magazines [36 rd mag, 24 rd mag] left on him outside and by the time he went inside the school.

How many rounds did Eric and Dylan shoot altogether? Like each one of them separately. And where exactly were all the rounds shot? I am sure you know the answer to that?

Back to top Go down
hopevicious

hopevicious

Contribution Points : 88177
Forum Reputation : 18

PostSubject: Re: So if Eric and Dylan had been caught...   So if Eric and Dylan had been caught... Icon_minitimeMon Sep 29, 2014 3:46 am

This is my first post so hopefully I did this right! I will have to look for the link but I recall within the last few days I guess it was the ballistics report of exactly how many rounds each boy fired, who shot who etc and it stated Dylan fired about 70 rounds while Eric fired around 120, almost double the amount that Dylan did. From what I have read it would seem Dylan was enjoying himself more, but also seemed like he didn't feel the desire to shoot as often? Also vaguely recall reading that Dylan didn't shoot at all when he was on his own while Eric did, implying Dylan only wanted to shoot when Eric was with him, but I don't recall ever reading that they were separated during the shooting so that may be incorrect. I do agree that although realistically Eric most likely would have gotten a harsher punishment because he was no longer a minor, that despite tiny facts about who planned it first, who killed more people, who put more time and effort into planning that they should have gotten equal punishment.
Back to top Go down
Juicy Jazzy

Juicy Jazzy

Contribution Points : 99094
Forum Reputation : 21

PostSubject: Re: So if Eric and Dylan had been caught...   So if Eric and Dylan had been caught... Icon_minitimeMon Sep 29, 2014 5:27 am

It's important to factor in the true meaning of the term 'insanity' when it comes to prosecution... as it is impossible to really determine if someone is truly insane or just acting insane, in the US the difference between being insane and being sane is whether you know you are committing murder or not... whether you are aware or not that you are breaking the law. For example, even the most demented of murderers have been put to death for first degree murder, simply because they have attempted to hide the body. Hiding a body is showing a court of law that the alleged knows that he/she has committed a crime and is disposing of the evidence.

With the above in mind, would Eric and Dylan have been found guilty due to reason of insanity? Was there evidence to suggest they knew what they were doing was wrong and against the law?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: So if Eric and Dylan had been caught...   So if Eric and Dylan had been caught... Icon_minitimeMon Sep 29, 2014 6:16 am

Wouldn't they be put on deathrow anyways?
If they went to jail they'd probaby be killed by another inmate just like happed to Jeffrey Dahmer.
Back to top Go down
MysteryMan

Contribution Points : 90808
Forum Reputation : 12

PostSubject: Re: So if Eric and Dylan had been caught...   So if Eric and Dylan had been caught... Icon_minitimeMon Sep 29, 2014 7:13 am

I assume that Dylan fired less ammo than Erick beacause of the guns which he used during the shooting. Tec jammed very ofen and a double barrel shotgun is awkward to use.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: So if Eric and Dylan had been caught...   So if Eric and Dylan had been caught... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

So if Eric and Dylan had been caught...
Page 1 of 1