Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

If Dylan never met Eric...

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage

If Dylan never met Eric... Empty
PostSubject: If Dylan never met Eric...   If Dylan never met Eric... Icon_minitimeFri Dec 30, 2016 9:51 pm

What would you think would happen to Dylan if he never met Eric?
What career do you think Dylan would have had?
Do you think he would have gotten the help he needed to stay alive, or do you think he would still have killed himself?
I might get shit for this, but I have no hate or anger, or any negative emotions towards Dylan. I can relate to him well, and understand his pain. Sad
Back to top Go down
shades

shades

Contribution Points : 79711
Forum Reputation : 38

PostSubject: Re: If Dylan never met Eric...   If Dylan never met Eric... Icon_minitimeMon Jan 02, 2017 12:20 pm

Dylan managed fine without Eric, he had good friends. In fact, it's the other way around where Eric needed Dylan. I think without some of Eric's rage influences Dylan would've just mellowed out and went with his original friends. He should have stuck with Nate, Nate's an alright guy.
I'm just assuming that he might have survived? He found ways to deal with his depression and by the time he went to college he could've snapped out of his sadness. Maybe find a girlfriend.

I'm not sure about career. I don't think he would have killed himself.

TheSpiral

Contribution Points : 74839
Forum Reputation : 63

PostSubject: Re: If Dylan never met Eric...   If Dylan never met Eric... Icon_minitimeMon Jan 02, 2017 12:30 pm

I don't think he would have killed himeself either. He would find a job and family eventually, and cringe at his edgy teenage years.

Now everybody dancing, the dance of the dead
The dance of the dead, the dance of the dead
Back to top Go down
Love

Love

Contribution Points : 67616
Forum Reputation : 38

PostSubject: Re: If Dylan never met Eric...   If Dylan never met Eric... Icon_minitimeMon Jan 02, 2017 1:12 pm

Honestly, I don't think that Eric is worse than Dylan or vice versa. Dylan needed treatment for his depression which in my opinion could be endogenous, that is, it is not something that goes away on its own. I don't think Eric has pushed Dylan. The boys found common interests, because they had similar problems. They complement each other. Eric and Dylan had suicidal thoughts. What they did is referred to as extended suicide. This is when a person wants to take the lives of others before he takes his. For example, the pilot of the plane, suffering from depression, sends it into a deadly dive.
If they never met, they still would've needed a solution to their problems.

anna444 likes this post

Back to top Go down
BlackandWhite

BlackandWhite

Contribution Points : 67287
Forum Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: If Dylan never met Eric...   If Dylan never met Eric... Icon_minitimeMon Jan 02, 2017 5:23 pm

Maybe Eric and Dylan would've been fine even if they didn't get proper treatment. They just needed to graduate and get out of that school. They both talked about the future, both wanted to work with computers.. I think if they made it to college things would fall into place for them

anna444 likes this post

Back to top Go down
spinvault

spinvault

Contribution Points : 73303
Forum Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: If Dylan never met Eric...   If Dylan never met Eric... Icon_minitimeMon Jan 02, 2017 6:04 pm

I think Dylan would not have committed suicide after he graduated. I would hope he would have matured as he aged and that going to college in Arizona may have helped him leave his high school mental demons behind him. Hopefully,he would have gotten some professional help and matured enough to have a stable loving adult relationship and a family and his high school days are simply a distant memory. As for Eric, I think maybe he would have gone to a community college and studied computers. I could see him joining a branch of the military after 9/11, if any branch of the military would accept him. I don't see him committing suicide or mass murder after he graduated from Columbine High School. I do hope that he also would have gotten professional help and his high shool problems are a distant memory.

anna444 likes this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: If Dylan never met Eric...   If Dylan never met Eric... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

If Dylan never met Eric...
Page 1 of 1