Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

photos from my trip to colorado

Go down 
+9
mysistersbike
Throwaway21
Vendex64
BlackAndWhiteKittenz
Bookish
NEXT STEP UP
symbolz
Kinkeloukaitis
tellecat
13 posters
AuthorMessage
tellecat

tellecat

Contribution Points : 18908
Forum Reputation : 461

photos from my trip to colorado  Empty
PostSubject: photos from my trip to colorado    photos from my trip to colorado  Icon_minitimeWed May 10, 2023 11:06 am

i recently visited colorado to see my family and got the chance to register for the 17th annual run for remembrance at columbine high school. it was bright and early at 8 a.m. and the route was around the school and around clement park. it was a beautiful day and i got some gorgeous photos of the school and memorial. being there really helped me recognize what a central piece of the community columbine high was. the school is on the edge of this amazing park where the community picnics, fishes, runs, and bring their kids and dogs to play. i always thought of it as just a school but being there felt like the heart of the community. the school was also selling columbines for charity (yes i brought mine home through tsa)

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

the run registration was inside the school, which was something i wasn't quite prepared for. i only took a couple pics inside.

west entrance / west stairs

cafeteria / stairs (yeah i put my phone against the window what about it)

memorial pics, many many tears were shed (after the 5k we went to king soopers for flowers)

i visited lauren townsend's grave (i really should have saved some flowers)

i also got to drive by eric and dylan's houses

BONUS: visited the century theater in aurora

Joa89, CanIHelpYou, wrath17373782, ANOMIC, Nelson216, Ennui, anna444 and like this post

Back to top Go down
Kinkeloukaitis

Kinkeloukaitis

Contribution Points : 43755
Forum Reputation : 102

PostSubject: Re: photos from my trip to colorado    photos from my trip to colorado  Icon_minitimeWed May 10, 2023 1:26 pm

Dylan's house is beautiful with the landscape

tellecat likes this post

Back to top Go down
tellecat

tellecat

PostSubject: Re: photos from my trip to colorado    photos from my trip to colorado  Icon_minitimeWed May 10, 2023 3:08 pm

Kinkeloukaitis wrote:

it was so gorgeous. i've never seen rocks like that before, they remind me a lot of the red rocks amphitheater. bro really did live in the foothills, it's pretty far from the school.

Koltin and Kinkeloukaitis like this post

Back to top Go down
tellecat

tellecat

PostSubject: Re: photos from my trip to colorado    photos from my trip to colorado  Icon_minitimeWed May 10, 2023 3:11 pm

tellecat wrote:
Kinkeloukaitis wrote:

it was so gorgeous. i've never seen rocks like that before, they remind me a lot of the red rocks amphitheater. bro really did live in the foothills, it's pretty far from the school.

another rock near dylan's house

Kinkeloukaitis and anna444 like this post

Back to top Go down
symbolz

symbolz

Contribution Points : 17254
Forum Reputation : 127

PostSubject: Re: photos from my trip to colorado    photos from my trip to colorado  Icon_minitimeWed May 10, 2023 6:27 pm

Thank you for sharing these.

tellecat likes this post

Back to top Go down
NEXT STEP UP

NEXT STEP UP

Contribution Points : 42548
Forum Reputation : 720

PostSubject: Re: photos from my trip to colorado    photos from my trip to colorado  Icon_minitimeWed May 10, 2023 9:05 pm

Man, the Cafeteria looks not too different. The tables are closer together ig. When you think of Columbine, you think of this great, terrifying structure. In reality, it looks like a normal high school, if a bit outdated.

Think with your noggin, not your n!ggin'.

tellecat likes this post

Back to top Go down
Bookish

Bookish

Contribution Points : 21500
Forum Reputation : 195

PostSubject: Re: photos from my trip to colorado    photos from my trip to colorado  Icon_minitimeThu May 11, 2023 7:51 am

Thank you for sharing your visit.
I think when you are in any school at first it seems massive, then it shrinks as you find your way around. As an adult they don’t seem like the massive places they once were. I don’t live near my high school but I bet if I went in there it would seem normal size. Sorry I’m not getting my words out right for this.

tellecat likes this post

Back to top Go down
BlackAndWhiteKittenz

BlackAndWhiteKittenz

Contribution Points : 23919
Forum Reputation : 125

PostSubject: Re: photos from my trip to colorado    photos from my trip to colorado  Icon_minitimeThu May 11, 2023 11:35 pm

Nice pictures. Looks beautiful despite the tragedy. Was the King Soopers the Boulder one where the shooting happened in 2021?

tellecat likes this post

Back to top Go down
Vendex64

Vendex64

Contribution Points : 18392
Forum Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: photos from my trip to colorado    photos from my trip to colorado  Icon_minitimeFri May 12, 2023 5:40 am

tellecat wrote:
(after the 5k we went to king soopers for flowers)

What does 5k mean?
Back to top Go down
tellecat

tellecat

PostSubject: Re: photos from my trip to colorado    photos from my trip to colorado  Icon_minitimeFri May 12, 2023 8:58 am

BlackAndWhiteKittenz wrote:
Nice pictures. Looks beautiful despite the tragedy. Was the King Soopers the Boulder one where the shooting happened in 2021?

it was actually the one just down the street from the school. i actually didn't know about the shooting in boulder!! i'm pretty sure the one i went to was the same one dylan went to in the 'Dylan Shopping' video filmed on april 9th, 1999. i studied the parking lot in the video and looked at all the king soopers locations in littleton on google earth. my friend and i decided it was probably the one at 6760 S Pierce St, Littleton, CO 80128. here's my photo compared to the vid

Last edited by tellecat on Fri May 12, 2023 9:06 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
tellecat

tellecat

PostSubject: Re: photos from my trip to colorado    photos from my trip to colorado  Icon_minitimeFri May 12, 2023 9:01 am

Vendex64 wrote:
tellecat wrote:

What does 5k mean?

it's a 5 kilometer / 3.1 mile running competition. this one was for charity, so it wasn't about getting the best time (i came almost in last lol)

Throwaway21

Contribution Points : 8708

PostSubject: Re: photos from my trip to colorado    photos from my trip to colorado  Icon_minitimeFri May 12, 2023 9:02 am

Vendex64 wrote:
tellecat wrote:

What does 5k mean?
A 5 kilometer kilometer run. 5 kilometers is 3.1 miles.

tellecat likes this post

Back to top Go down
Vendex64

Vendex64

Contribution Points : 18392

PostSubject: Re: photos from my trip to colorado    photos from my trip to colorado  Icon_minitimeFri May 12, 2023 4:05 pm

What does 5k mean?[/quote]
A 5 kilometer kilometer run. 5 kilometers is 3.1 miles.[/quote]

Alright thanks
Back to top Go down
mysistersbike

Contribution Points : 10700

PostSubject: Re: photos from my trip to colorado    photos from my trip to colorado  Icon_minitimeFri May 12, 2023 7:41 pm

I love that area of Colorado, I just moved about 10 mins away from Dylan's neighborhood and it's absolutely gorgeous. Hope you enjoyed your time here.

tellecat likes this post

Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Other Crimes Moderator & Top 10 Contributor
Screamingophelia

Contribution Points : 193506
Forum Reputation : 1317

PostSubject: Re: photos from my trip to colorado    photos from my trip to colorado  Icon_minitimeFri May 12, 2023 9:28 pm

I love living in Colorado! I have been to the school a couple of times for some holiday stuff (I have friends who are alumni/survivors) and it does feel really small, and the first 2 years I went for the holiday fair when I was walking down the stairs to the cafeteria area there was a singer (she was a student so she was playing guitar and singing for everyone) she was singing "Hallelujah" which felt eerie to me. I actually felt a pit in my stomach.

On the 20th anniversary I brought Sunflowers to Lauren's grave. I was looking for it and a strange man asked me "have you found her grave yet?" that was eerie....

CanIHelpYou, Kaynhyde, anna444, tellecat, mysistersbike and Woundfucker like this post

Back to top Go down
Xtina
Top Contributor
Xtina

Contribution Points : 35392
Forum Reputation : 244

PostSubject: Re: photos from my trip to colorado    photos from my trip to colorado  Icon_minitimeWed May 17, 2023 7:29 am

Awesome pics. I hope to go there one day and to the memorial, pay my respects. Hard tho being in Australia lol

tellecat likes this post

Back to top Go down
Arkan

Arkan

Contribution Points : 24121
Forum Reputation : 872

PostSubject: Re: photos from my trip to colorado    photos from my trip to colorado  Icon_minitimeFri Jun 23, 2023 4:47 am

Looks like a nice city. hopefully I could go there and see where the whole thing happened.

tellecat likes this post

Back to top Go down
Ghost_Of_Pekka

Ghost_Of_Pekka

Contribution Points : 9692

PostSubject: Re: photos from my trip to colorado    photos from my trip to colorado  Icon_minitimeSun Jun 25, 2023 9:13 pm

I wonder if the guy who lives in Eric's house is a columbiner?

tellecat likes this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: photos from my trip to colorado    photos from my trip to colorado  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

photos from my trip to colorado
Page 1 of 1