Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Would Nikolas Cruz be more famous or less famous if he suicide?

Go down 
+3
Ricochet
weyofox
BlackAndWhiteKittenz
7 posters
AuthorMessage
BlackAndWhiteKittenz

BlackAndWhiteKittenz

Contribution Points : 28772
Forum Reputation : 225

Would Nikolas Cruz be more famous or less famous if he suicide? Empty
PostSubject: Would Nikolas Cruz be more famous or less famous if he suicide?   Would Nikolas Cruz be more famous or less famous if he suicide? Icon_minitimeSat Jun 01, 2024 8:56 pm

Nikolas Cruz is probably one of the most iconic school shooters of the 2010s behind Lanza. The thing unlike many before him he did not commit suicide after his attack and just went to nearby restaurants and then was caught by police. I know the AR-15 made the attack famous and the movements of activism that followed but would his attack still be more infamous if he committed suicide? The court hearings made Cruz known years after his attack but I feel like if he died that day on Valentines Day 2018 he would have a more cult following with the more suicidal copycats. Also has anyone ever been a copycat or cited Nikolas Cruz?
Back to top Go down
weyofox

weyofox

Contribution Points : 4362
Forum Reputation : 25

PostSubject: Re: Would Nikolas Cruz be more famous or less famous if he suicide?   Would Nikolas Cruz be more famous or less famous if he suicide? Icon_minitimeSat Jun 01, 2024 9:14 pm

Probably less famous, since his trial drew a lot of attention, but he would have had more copycats and stupid fangirls on tumblr. His trial showed that he was a total loser, i mean look at his search history, it's literally a meme now. He would have more of a mysterious sort of appeal to his case. Less famous, but would have a larger following I reckon.

Koltin, Sabratha, Kartoffeln, Denethor, Ricochet, ravenwood and weyofox like this post

Back to top Go down
Ricochet

Contribution Points : 11574
Forum Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: Would Nikolas Cruz be more famous or less famous if he suicide?   Would Nikolas Cruz be more famous or less famous if he suicide? Icon_minitimeSat Jun 01, 2024 9:31 pm

In regard to your second question, Ethan Crumbley called Nikolas Cruz his "idol" in his journal and said he wanted to "do what he did". He also spoke about his idolization of Cruz to a prison psychiatrist.
Back to top Go down
Variache

Variache

Contribution Points : 9590

PostSubject: Re: Would Nikolas Cruz be more famous or less famous if he suicide?   Would Nikolas Cruz be more famous or less famous if he suicide? Icon_minitimeSun Jun 02, 2024 2:00 am

I think a lot of the attention towards him comes from that JCS video, so if he killed himself most people wouldn't really care.
Back to top Go down
weyofox

weyofox

PostSubject: Re: Would Nikolas Cruz be more famous or less famous if he suicide?   Would Nikolas Cruz be more famous or less famous if he suicide? Icon_minitimeSun Jun 02, 2024 5:47 am

One of the most iconic SCHOOL shooters of the 2010s. It's strange how the two deadliest mass shootings occurred in the 2010s yet nobody talks about them because they don't fit the typical idea of a lonely male in his teens or 20s going to town on a school. The idea of a mass shooting being like that is a new idea, most mass shootings before Columbine do not fit the typical idea of a mass shooting. It always has bothered me that these cases don't get nearly as much attention.

Kartoffeln, BlackAndWhiteKittenz, Denethor, plasticsoup and weyofox like this post

Back to top Go down
Sabratha

Sabratha

Contribution Points : 101956
Forum Reputation : 440

PostSubject: Re: Would Nikolas Cruz be more famous or less famous if he suicide?   Would Nikolas Cruz be more famous or less famous if he suicide? Icon_minitimeSun Jun 02, 2024 2:37 pm

weyofox wrote:
Probably less famous, since his trial drew a lot of attention, but he would have had more copycats and stupid fangirls on tumblr. His trial showed that he was a total loser, i mean look at his search history, it's literally a meme now. He would have more of a mysterious sort of appeal to his case. Less famous, but would have a larger following I reckon.

This.

"Bullet Time" - a school shooting film from Poland
Back to top Go down
ThatDelawareReader

Contribution Points : 19800

PostSubject: Re: Would Nikolas Cruz be more famous or less famous if he suicide?   Would Nikolas Cruz be more famous or less famous if he suicide? Icon_minitimeSun Jun 02, 2024 9:33 pm

Just thinking. One of the reasons I don't like Nik Cruz is that he looks like a guy who was this asshole toward me in high school. Incidentally, I found a mugshot of him where he totally looked like crap after being arrested for DUI.
Back to top Go down
ThatDelawareReader

Contribution Points : 19800

PostSubject: Re: Would Nikolas Cruz be more famous or less famous if he suicide?   Would Nikolas Cruz be more famous or less famous if he suicide? Icon_minitimeSun Jun 02, 2024 9:42 pm

I don't think Cruz is going to kill himself, but I wouldn't be surprised if another prisoner ends up doing something to him.

Kartoffeln and plasticsoup like this post

Back to top Go down
BlackAndWhiteKittenz

BlackAndWhiteKittenz

Contribution Points : 28772
Forum Reputation : 225

PostSubject: Re: Would Nikolas Cruz be more famous or less famous if he suicide?   Would Nikolas Cruz be more famous or less famous if he suicide? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 04, 2024 7:48 am

weyofox your right its kind of weird how society didn't really give a fuck about the Pulse Night Club Shooting and Las Vegas Shooting because the victims were adults and I guess you could add the political perspective of victims too LGBTQ=Liberal leaning and Country Music = Conservative appealing but since Parkland with around a third of Las Vegas' body count took place in a school where the victims were deemed more "innocent" society gave a big fuck about it. Imagine if Parkland never happened would gun violence prevention be less sought after as it is today despite the shootings before? I guess you got to give some applause to March For Our Lives even though I don't like David Hogg and others taking advantage of their dead classmates

Kartoffeln likes this post

Back to top Go down
ravenwood

ravenwood

Contribution Points : 8572
Forum Reputation : 699

PostSubject: Re: Would Nikolas Cruz be more famous or less famous if he suicide?   Would Nikolas Cruz be more famous or less famous if he suicide? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 04, 2024 11:10 am

As mentioned above, he would most likely have had an aura of mystery. His overall image and mind would have been perceived differently and for the most part I think from his two videos before the attack with his shameful attempt at supervillain pretentious speech with the words "you all going to die", "I'm no one, my life is nothing", "wrath of my AR" etc. Some of his fans and copycats probably would think of it as something "cool".

There would be no nonsense and statements about demons, voices and that famous interrogation that irrevocably showed who he is and further court sessions, hearings that also showed it. All of that had ruined his image of god-like tough guy that he wanted to portrait

Denethor, Maldoror and FesteringThoughts like this post

Back to top Go down
weyofox

weyofox

PostSubject: Re: Would Nikolas Cruz be more famous or less famous if he suicide?   Would Nikolas Cruz be more famous or less famous if he suicide? Icon_minitimeFri Jun 07, 2024 9:49 am

ravenwood wrote:
As mentioned above, he would most likely have had an aura of mystery. His overall image and mind would have been perceived differently and for the most part I think from his two videos before the attack with his shameful attempt at supervillain pretentious speech with the words "you all going to die", "I'm no one, my life is nothing", "wrath of my AR" etc. Some of his fans and copycats probably would think of it as something "cool".

There would be no nonsense and statements about demons, voices and that famous interrogation that irrevocably showed who he is and further court sessions, hearings that also showed it. All of that had ruined his image of god-like tough guy that he wanted to portrait

at the end of the day, these shooters aren't some enigma or an edgy character, they're just insecure pricks like cruz

Taipei Metro Attack, Sandy Hook, Akihabara massacre, Kerch, Perm State, Virginia Tech, Bard College Shooting

"Even if my parents were on the train I attacked, I would have killed them" -Cheng Chieh

weyofox likes this post

Darkness, Kartoffeln and SuperspooksteR dislike this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Would Nikolas Cruz be more famous or less famous if he suicide?   Would Nikolas Cruz be more famous or less famous if he suicide? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Would Nikolas Cruz be more famous or less famous if he suicide?
Page 1 of 1