Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!
 
HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
 

 Nikolas Cruz talked with e-friends about getting bullied, suicide

Go down 
+3
InsaneIntruder
Tommy QTR
QuestionMark
7 posters
AuthorMessage
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark

Posts : 3972
Contribution Points : 90730
Forum Reputation : 2925
Join date : 2017-09-04

Nikolas Cruz talked with e-friends about getting bullied, suicide Empty
PostSubject: Nikolas Cruz talked with e-friends about getting bullied, suicide   Nikolas Cruz talked with e-friends about getting bullied, suicide Icon_minitimeSat Oct 20, 2018 1:03 pm

Haven't seen this shared yet so I figured it was worth making a thread on.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Quote :
'It's Disappointing and Sad': Washington Girl Was Internet Friends With Nikolas Cruz


He's the face behind the mass shooting at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School. His pictures on Instagram allowed him to make a connection with a girl in Washington, who detectives learned he talked to often in the months before the Feb. 14 massacre.
Although she never met him in person, 14-year-old Mia Hoff considered Nikolas Cruz as a friend. She met him through Instagram last October when she was 13 years old. Eventually, they started texting and talking on the phone.
“It’s disappointing and sad to know someone you knew did something so bad to people,” Hoff told NBC 6 through a video call.
She said Cruz was having a hard time and would talk to Hoff about school and about being bullied.
“He said that people used to beat him up," Hoff said. "...He said he wanted to overdose and cut himself, which was big because I was going through a lot and he was going through a lot and we talked about it.”
Detectives contacted Hoff after the shooting and interviewed her during the investigation.
“When I found all of this out, I was crying so much," she said. "I cared for him so much and didn’t think he would do that ... I didn’t think he would hurt someone ... I was really depressed.”
It wasn't until then her mother learned that her daughter knew Cruz.
"I didn't believe it until (the detective) told me Mia's number was one of the last numbers he had called besides family," Lisa Srsen told NBC 6.
Hoff recalls the last time she talked to Cruz was about a week before the massacre that killed 17 people.
"All I could remember is that he said he loved me and we never talked after that," she said.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



Nikolas Cruz talked with e-friends about getting bullied, suicide Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nikolas Cruz talked with e-friends about getting bullied, suicide   Nikolas Cruz talked with e-friends about getting bullied, suicide Icon_minitimeSat Oct 20, 2018 1:14 pm

@QuestionMark wrote:
Haven't seen this shared yet so I figured it was worth making a thread on.

https://www.nbcmiami.com/news/local/Suspected-Parkland-Shooters-Internet-Friend-Speaks-Out-498083961.html

Quote :
'It's Disappointing and Sad': Washington Girl Was Internet Friends With Nikolas Cruz


He's the face behind the mass shooting at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School. His pictures on Instagram allowed him to make a connection with a girl in Washington, who detectives learned he talked to often in the months before the Feb. 14 massacre.
Although she never met him in person, 14-year-old Mia Hoff considered Nikolas Cruz as a friend. She met him through Instagram last October when she was 13 years old. Eventually, they started texting and talking on the phone.
“It’s disappointing and sad to know someone you knew did something so bad to people,” Hoff told NBC 6 through a video call.
She said Cruz was having a hard time and would talk to Hoff about school and about being bullied.
“He said that people used to beat him up," Hoff said. "...He said he wanted to overdose and cut himself, which was big because I was going through a lot and he was going through a lot and we talked about it.”
Detectives contacted Hoff after the shooting and interviewed her during the investigation.
“When I found all of this out, I was crying so much," she said. "I cared for him so much and didn’t think he would do that ... I didn’t think he would hurt someone ... I was really depressed.”
It wasn't until then her mother learned that her daughter knew Cruz.
"I didn't believe it until (the detective) told me Mia's number was one of the last numbers he had called besides family," Lisa Srsen told NBC 6.
Hoff recalls the last time she talked to Cruz was about a week before the massacre that killed 17 people.
"All I could remember is that he said he loved me and we never talked after that," she said.




Damn, that poor girl. Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



Nikolas Cruz talked with e-friends about getting bullied, suicide Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nikolas Cruz talked with e-friends about getting bullied, suicide   Nikolas Cruz talked with e-friends about getting bullied, suicide Icon_minitimeSat Oct 20, 2018 1:14 pm

Young people who feel bad are left alone and resort to talking to people on the internet. This is very sad.
Back to top Go down
Tommy QTR



Posts : 2444
Contribution Points : 68892
Forum Reputation : 550
Join date : 2017-12-28
Age : 19
Location : UK

Nikolas Cruz talked with e-friends about getting bullied, suicide Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nikolas Cruz talked with e-friends about getting bullied, suicide   Nikolas Cruz talked with e-friends about getting bullied, suicide Icon_minitimeSat Oct 20, 2018 4:37 pm

Neah wrote:
Young people who feel bad are left alone and resort to talking to people on the internet. This is very sad.
Sometimes it can be easier to talk to people on the internet about your problems than to your own family and friends.

_________________
"Life's short but I wanna die."

-Lil Peep
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



Nikolas Cruz talked with e-friends about getting bullied, suicide Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nikolas Cruz talked with e-friends about getting bullied, suicide   Nikolas Cruz talked with e-friends about getting bullied, suicide Icon_minitimeSat Oct 20, 2018 4:48 pm

@Tommy QTR wrote:
Neah wrote:
Young people who feel bad are left alone and resort to talking to people on the internet. This is very sad.

Sometimes it can be easier to talk to people on the internet about your problems than to your own family and friends.

I agree with that. A rank stranger will have no expectations of someone that usually comes from knowing them personally. So you wouldn't have things like "Well little Billy you shouldn't feel/act that way, because your family seems perfect, etc."
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



Nikolas Cruz talked with e-friends about getting bullied, suicide Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nikolas Cruz talked with e-friends about getting bullied, suicide   Nikolas Cruz talked with e-friends about getting bullied, suicide Icon_minitimeSat Oct 20, 2018 4:49 pm

@Tommy QTR wrote:
Neah wrote:
Young people who feel bad are left alone and resort to talking to people on the internet. This is very sad.
Sometimes it can be easier to talk to people on the internet about your problems than to your own family and friends.

Sure, I understand that and I did the same. But I also think it is important adults know what is going on and don't turn a blind eye to what their child is going through. Maybe if the child is feeling the need to talk to strangers on the internet it is because he doesn't feel safe talking to his parents or friends, which is an issue that should be solved.

If I had a daughter or a son and I discovered he had issues and was talking to people online to get help I would feel that I failed at something. To me it would mean that he or she doesn't trust me enough to talk to me, that he or she doesn't think that I could help.
Back to top Go down
Tommy QTR



Posts : 2444
Contribution Points : 68892
Forum Reputation : 550
Join date : 2017-12-28
Age : 19
Location : UK

Nikolas Cruz talked with e-friends about getting bullied, suicide Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nikolas Cruz talked with e-friends about getting bullied, suicide   Nikolas Cruz talked with e-friends about getting bullied, suicide Icon_minitimeSat Oct 20, 2018 7:41 pm

Neah wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
Neah wrote:
Young people who feel bad are left alone and resort to talking to people on the internet. This is very sad.
Sometimes it can be easier to talk to people on the internet about your problems than to your own family and friends.

Sure, I understand that and I did the same. But I also think it is important adults know what is going on and don't turn a blind eye to what their child is going through. Maybe if the child is feeling the need to talk to strangers on the internet it is because he doesn't feel safe talking to his parents or friends, which is an issue that should be solved.

If I had a daughter or a son and I discovered he had issues and was talking to people online to get help I would feel that I failed at something. To me it would mean that he or she doesn't trust me enough to talk to me, that he or she doesn't think that I could help.
I think the main reason kids do it is because people on the internet are going to be less judgemental than their family and friends will be. A lot of kids also don't want to feel like a burden of their family and friends and will keep their problems hidden. There is also the fact that a lot of kids family and friends will not be understanding and would further ostracise and isolate them if they asked for help.

_________________
"Life's short but I wanna die."

-Lil Peep
Back to top Go down
View user profile
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark

Posts : 3972
Contribution Points : 90730
Forum Reputation : 2925
Join date : 2017-09-04

Nikolas Cruz talked with e-friends about getting bullied, suicide Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nikolas Cruz talked with e-friends about getting bullied, suicide   Nikolas Cruz talked with e-friends about getting bullied, suicide Icon_minitimeSun Oct 21, 2018 12:33 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
Neah wrote:
Young people who feel bad are left alone and resort to talking to people on the internet. This is very sad.
Sometimes it can be easier to talk to people on the internet about your problems than to your own family and friends.

Pretty much. God knows I have absolutely no-one to talk to off the internet. 

I can't imagine Nick felt he had too many other options either.

_________________
"My guns are the only things that haven't stabbed me in the back."
-Kip Kinkel
Back to top Go down
View user profile
InsaneIntruder

InsaneIntruder

Posts : 2241
Contribution Points : 62811
Forum Reputation : 315
Join date : 2016-06-28
Location : my room

Nikolas Cruz talked with e-friends about getting bullied, suicide Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nikolas Cruz talked with e-friends about getting bullied, suicide   Nikolas Cruz talked with e-friends about getting bullied, suicide Icon_minitimeSun Oct 21, 2018 4:33 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
Neah wrote:
Young people who feel bad are left alone and resort to talking to people on the internet. This is very sad.
Sometimes it can be easier to talk to people on the internet about your problems than to your own family and friends.

Pretty much. God knows I have absolutely no-one to talk to off the internet. 

I can't imagine Nick felt he had too many other options either.
Same here. Also I find it easier to talk to people online.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



Nikolas Cruz talked with e-friends about getting bullied, suicide Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nikolas Cruz talked with e-friends about getting bullied, suicide   Nikolas Cruz talked with e-friends about getting bullied, suicide Icon_minitimeSun Oct 21, 2018 7:14 am

@Tommy QTR wrote:
Neah wrote:
@Tommy QTR wrote:
Neah wrote:
Young people who feel bad are left alone and resort to talking to people on the internet. This is very sad.
Sometimes it can be easier to talk to people on the internet about your problems than to your own family and friends.

Sure, I understand that and I did the same. But I also think it is important adults know what is going on and don't turn a blind eye to what their child is going through. Maybe if the child is feeling the need to talk to strangers on the internet it is because he doesn't feel safe talking to his parents or friends, which is an issue that should be solved.

If I had a daughter or a son and I discovered he had issues and was talking to people online to get help I would feel that I failed at something. To me it would mean that he or she doesn't trust me enough to talk to me, that he or she doesn't think that I could help.
I think the main reason kids do it is because people on the internet are going to be less judgemental than their family and friends will be. A lot of kids also don't want to feel like a burden of their family and friends and will keep their problems hidden. There is also the fact that a lot of kids family and friends will not be understanding and would further ostracise and isolate them if they asked for help.

Yeah but isn't it a problem that kids don't feel comfortable talking to their parents?

I absolutely don't blame kids for doing so, I did it, still not so long ago (now I don't feel bad anymore). I was talking to strangers but in the same time I felt they couldn't really help me, they were young, they also had issues... They could help me feel better on the moment but I was aware that they couldn't help me on the long time. Only Sabratha, whom we didn't have the pleasure to read her comments for a long time now, helped me more because she was more mature and had knowledge. Otherwise, I only talked once to my little sister and immediately regretted it and I would never talk to people IRL. But still I know only some people IRL would really care about me. I don't think people I talked to online really cared about me.
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Other Crimes Moderator & Top 10 Contributor
Screamingophelia

Posts : 6185
Contribution Points : 166666
Forum Reputation : 1088
Join date : 2017-08-25
Age : 39

Nikolas Cruz talked with e-friends about getting bullied, suicide Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nikolas Cruz talked with e-friends about getting bullied, suicide   Nikolas Cruz talked with e-friends about getting bullied, suicide Icon_minitimeSun Oct 21, 2018 10:26 am

Neah wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
Neah wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
Neah wrote:
Young people who feel bad are left alone and resort to talking to people on the internet. This is very sad.
Sometimes it can be easier to talk to people on the internet about your problems than to your own family and friends.

Sure, I understand that and I did the same. But I also think it is important adults know what is going on and don't turn a blind eye to what their child is going through. Maybe if the child is feeling the need to talk to strangers on the internet it is because he doesn't feel safe talking to his parents or friends, which is an issue that should be solved.

If I had a daughter or a son and I discovered he had issues and was talking to people online to get help I would feel that I failed at something. To me it would mean that he or she doesn't trust me enough to talk to me, that he or she doesn't think that I could help.
I think the main reason kids do it is because people on the internet are going to be less judgemental than their family and friends will be. A lot of kids also don't want to feel like a burden of their family and friends and will keep their problems hidden. There is also the fact that a lot of kids family and friends will not be understanding and would further ostracise and isolate them if they asked for help.

Yeah but isn't it a problem that kids don't feel comfortable talking to their parents?

I absolutely don't blame kids for doing so, I did it, still not so long ago (now I don't feel bad anymore). I was talking to strangers but in the same time I felt they couldn't really help me, they were young, they also had issues... They could help me feel better on the moment but I was aware that they couldn't help me on the long time. Only Sabratha, whom we didn't have the pleasure to read her comments for a long time now, helped me more because she was more mature and had knowledge. Otherwise, I only talked once to my little sister and immediately regretted it and I would never talk to people IRL. But still I know only some people IRL would really care about me. I don't think people I talked to online really cared about me.


I couldn’t talk to my parents at all about the feelings I was having. I was very good at hiding them. It’s interesting how my life kind of paralleled Dylan’s family at the time. My brother was a troublemaker and I was the one that got really good grades, stayed out of trouble. Even though I was the super super angry one who was depressed and my brother just in like school very much...

So once I found the community online back in the late 90s I was able to talk to people about my feelings. Oddly enough it was because of Dylan and Eric that I found online friends that I could talk to My parents didn’t like it very much they didn’t realize that I was talking to just regular people who were in college like me and have felt alone and angry when they were young too.. they thought we were hero worshiping (pre tumblr days so we were actually a lot calmer lol) If there was any worshipping or fangirling we usually set them straight

_________________
"And you know, you know, you know, this can be beautiful, you say you're numb inside, but I can't agree. So the world's unfair, keep it locked out there. In here it's beautiful."
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Norwegian
Top 10 Contributor


Posts : 1068
Contribution Points : 53968
Forum Reputation : 250
Join date : 2018-12-06

Nikolas Cruz talked with e-friends about getting bullied, suicide Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nikolas Cruz talked with e-friends about getting bullied, suicide   Nikolas Cruz talked with e-friends about getting bullied, suicide Icon_minitimeThu Dec 10, 2020 2:22 pm

Its a story from one girl. Cruz' Brother says that he bullied him, and therefore he wanted to start an anti- bullying campaign.

Yet, there are some stories that are also actually Fake News. Such as Emma Gonzalez bullying Cruz. The reason for that is very simple, and that is because Gonzalez is an anti- gun activist. Naturally, the alt right doesnt like this, so they spread misinformation about Gonzalez and Hogg.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bradt93



Posts : 678
Contribution Points : 64116
Forum Reputation : 255
Join date : 2016-12-21
Location : United States

Nikolas Cruz talked with e-friends about getting bullied, suicide Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nikolas Cruz talked with e-friends about getting bullied, suicide   Nikolas Cruz talked with e-friends about getting bullied, suicide Icon_minitimeSun Dec 20, 2020 1:07 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
Its a story from one girl. Cruz' Brother says that he bullied him, and therefore he wanted to start an anti- bullying campaign.

Yet, there are some stories that are also actually Fake News. Such as Emma Gonzalez bullying Cruz. The reason for that is very simple, and that is because Gonzalez is an anti- gun activist. Naturally, the alt right doesnt like this, so they spread misinformation about Gonzalez and Hogg.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
She DID bully him, deny it all you want, but she did.

_________________
bt

QuestionMark dislikes this post

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Norwegian
Top 10 Contributor


Posts : 1068
Contribution Points : 53968
Forum Reputation : 250
Join date : 2018-12-06

Nikolas Cruz talked with e-friends about getting bullied, suicide Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nikolas Cruz talked with e-friends about getting bullied, suicide   Nikolas Cruz talked with e-friends about getting bullied, suicide Icon_minitimeSun Dec 20, 2020 5:43 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
Its a story from one girl. Cruz' Brother says that he bullied him, and therefore he wanted to start an anti- bullying campaign.

Yet, there are some stories that are also actually Fake News. Such as Emma Gonzalez bullying Cruz. The reason for that is very simple, and that is because Gonzalez is an anti- gun activist. Naturally, the alt right doesnt like this, so they spread misinformation about Gonzalez and Hogg.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
She DID bully him, deny it all you want, but she did.


They didnt. Its all Fake News. It denies the fact of Just how dangerous Nicholas Cruz actually was.

Now was he ever bullied? IDK, because I havent researched this case, and most of my focus have been on the Columbine- massacre.

Its incredibly depressing to talk about this, which is why.

So I cant say that he wasnt. But whatever the case, he was troubled. And, of course, the students at Stoneman High school tried to get law enforcement involved several times. Thats what Emma Gonzalez' statement is all about.

Emma did not bully Cruz. Thats completely false, and its totally made up, because US right wingers doesnt like them and their activism against firearms. Therefore its easier to smear them with all kinds of false stories you can possibly think of.


Nothing surprises me about those guys anymore.

How many Mountains of lies can the alternative right produce over anything?

Carnifex879 likes this post

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Carnifex879
Hayden Jagst
Former Top 10 Contributor

Carnifex879

Posts : 1414
Contribution Points : 45051
Forum Reputation : 227
Join date : 2019-01-26
Location : Gretchen Whitler's People's Republic of "The Mitten"

Nikolas Cruz talked with e-friends about getting bullied, suicide Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nikolas Cruz talked with e-friends about getting bullied, suicide   Nikolas Cruz talked with e-friends about getting bullied, suicide Icon_minitimeTue Dec 29, 2020 12:43 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
Its a story from one girl. Cruz' Brother says that he bullied him, and therefore he wanted to start an anti- bullying campaign.

Yet, there are some stories that are also actually Fake News. Such as Emma Gonzalez bullying Cruz. The reason for that is very simple, and that is because Gonzalez is an anti- gun activist. Naturally, the alt right doesnt like this, so they spread misinformation about Gonzalez and Hogg.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
She DID bully him, deny it all you want, but she did.


They didnt. Its all Fake News. It denies the fact of Just how dangerous Nicholas Cruz actually was.

Now was he ever bullied? IDK, because I havent researched this case, and most of my focus have been on the Columbine- massacre.

Its incredibly depressing to talk about this, which is why.

So I cant say that he wasnt. But whatever the case, he was troubled. And, of course, the students at Stoneman High school tried to get law enforcement involved several times. Thats what Emma Gonzalez' statement is all about.

Emma did not bully Cruz. Thats completely false, and its totally made up, because US right wingers doesnt like them and their activism against firearms. Therefore its easier to smear them with all kinds of false stories you can possibly think of.


Nothing surprises me about those guys anymore.

How many Mountains of lies can the alternative right produce over anything?
Regardless of political views, you’re correct. Emma said that adults shouldn’t be mad that “they ostracized him” and said “you didn’t know this kid”. I don’t think Emma Gonzalez actually knew him before the shooting but if she did, she probably wanted to avoid him because he acted aggressive towards other students. Most students were intimidated by him, so they kept their distance, which I wouldn’t call “ostracizing” because that makes it sound like they purposely rejected him from everything, which I doubt they did. I think Nikolas might have been bullied a little by other students, but lots of people have experienced bullying and don’t end up like he did.

_________________
"Now! Feel death, not just mocking you. Not just stalking you but inside of you. Wriggle and writhe. Feel smaller beneath my might. Seizure in the Pestilence that is my scythe. Die, all of you."
- T.J. Lane (in his Facebook poem)

Norwegian likes this post

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Norwegian
Top 10 Contributor


Posts : 1068
Contribution Points : 53968
Forum Reputation : 250
Join date : 2018-12-06

Nikolas Cruz talked with e-friends about getting bullied, suicide Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nikolas Cruz talked with e-friends about getting bullied, suicide   Nikolas Cruz talked with e-friends about getting bullied, suicide Icon_minitimeTue Dec 29, 2020 5:27 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
Its a story from one girl. Cruz' Brother says that he bullied him, and therefore he wanted to start an anti- bullying campaign.

Yet, there are some stories that are also actually Fake News. Such as Emma Gonzalez bullying Cruz. The reason for that is very simple, and that is because Gonzalez is an anti- gun activist. Naturally, the alt right doesnt like this, so they spread misinformation about Gonzalez and Hogg.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
She DID bully him, deny it all you want, but she did.


They didnt. Its all Fake News. It denies the fact of Just how dangerous Nicholas Cruz actually was.

Now was he ever bullied? IDK, because I havent researched this case, and most of my focus have been on the Columbine- massacre.

Its incredibly depressing to talk about this, which is why.

So I cant say that he wasnt. But whatever the case, he was troubled. And, of course, the students at Stoneman High school tried to get law enforcement involved several times. Thats what Emma Gonzalez' statement is all about.

Emma did not bully Cruz. Thats completely false, and its totally made up, because US right wingers doesnt like them and their activism against firearms. Therefore its easier to smear them with all kinds of false stories you can possibly think of.


Nothing surprises me about those guys anymore.

How many Mountains of lies can the alternative right produce over anything?
Regardless of political views, you’re correct. Emma said that adults shouldn’t be mad that “they ostracized him” and said “you didn’t know this kid”. I don’t think Emma Gonzalez actually knew him before the shooting but if she did, she probably wanted to avoid him because he acted aggressive towards other students. Most students were intimidated by him, so they kept their distance, which I wouldn’t call “ostracizing” because that makes it sound like they purposely rejected him from everything, which I doubt they did. I think Nikolas might have been bullied a little by other students, but lots of people have experienced bullying and don’t end up like he did.


Yup
Back to top Go down
View user profile
 
Nikolas Cruz talked with e-friends about getting bullied, suicide
Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum :: Other Crimes :: Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School Shooting-
Jump to: