Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Nikolas Cruz talked with e-friends about getting bullied, suicide

Go down 
+3
InsaneIntruder
Tommy QTR
QuestionMark
7 posters
AuthorMessage
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark

Contribution Points : 119628
Forum Reputation : 3191

Nikolas Cruz talked with e-friends about getting bullied, suicide Empty
PostSubject: Nikolas Cruz talked with e-friends about getting bullied, suicide   Nikolas Cruz talked with e-friends about getting bullied, suicide Icon_minitimeSat Oct 20, 2018 1:03 pm

Haven't seen this shared yet so I figured it was worth making a thread on.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Quote :
'It's Disappointing and Sad': Washington Girl Was Internet Friends With Nikolas Cruz

He's the face behind the mass shooting at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School. His pictures on Instagram allowed him to make a connection with a girl in Washington, who detectives learned he talked to often in the months before the Feb. 14 massacre.
Although she never met him in person, 14-year-old Mia Hoff considered Nikolas Cruz as a friend. She met him through Instagram last October when she was 13 years old. Eventually, they started texting and talking on the phone.
“It’s disappointing and sad to know someone you knew did something so bad to people,” Hoff told NBC 6 through a video call.
She said Cruz was having a hard time and would talk to Hoff about school and about being bullied.
“He said that people used to beat him up," Hoff said. "...He said he wanted to overdose and cut himself, which was big because I was going through a lot and he was going through a lot and we talked about it.”
Detectives contacted Hoff after the shooting and interviewed her during the investigation.
“When I found all of this out, I was crying so much," she said. "I cared for him so much and didn’t think he would do that ... I didn’t think he would hurt someone ... I was really depressed.”
It wasn't until then her mother learned that her daughter knew Cruz.
"I didn't believe it until (the detective) told me Mia's number was one of the last numbers he had called besides family," Lisa Srsen told NBC 6.
Hoff recalls the last time she talked to Cruz was about a week before the massacre that killed 17 people.
"All I could remember is that he said he loved me and we never talked after that," she said.

anna444 likes this post

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Nikolas Cruz talked with e-friends about getting bullied, suicide   Nikolas Cruz talked with e-friends about getting bullied, suicide Icon_minitimeSat Oct 20, 2018 1:14 pm

QuestionMark wrote:
Haven't seen this shared yet so I figured it was worth making a thread on.

Quote :
'It's Disappointing and Sad': Washington Girl Was Internet Friends With Nikolas Cruz

He's the face behind the mass shooting at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School. His pictures on Instagram allowed him to make a connection with a girl in Washington, who detectives learned he talked to often in the months before the Feb. 14 massacre.
Although she never met him in person, 14-year-old Mia Hoff considered Nikolas Cruz as a friend. She met him through Instagram last October when she was 13 years old. Eventually, they started texting and talking on the phone.
“It’s disappointing and sad to know someone you knew did something so bad to people,” Hoff told NBC 6 through a video call.
She said Cruz was having a hard time and would talk to Hoff about school and about being bullied.
“He said that people used to beat him up," Hoff said. "...He said he wanted to overdose and cut himself, which was big because I was going through a lot and he was going through a lot and we talked about it.”
Detectives contacted Hoff after the shooting and interviewed her during the investigation.
“When I found all of this out, I was crying so much," she said. "I cared for him so much and didn’t think he would do that ... I didn’t think he would hurt someone ... I was really depressed.”
It wasn't until then her mother learned that her daughter knew Cruz.
"I didn't believe it until (the detective) told me Mia's number was one of the last numbers he had called besides family," Lisa Srsen told NBC 6.
Hoff recalls the last time she talked to Cruz was about a week before the massacre that killed 17 people.
"All I could remember is that he said he loved me and we never talked after that," she said.

Damn, that poor girl. Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Nikolas Cruz talked with e-friends about getting bullied, suicide   Nikolas Cruz talked with e-friends about getting bullied, suicide Icon_minitimeSat Oct 20, 2018 1:14 pm

Young people who feel bad are left alone and resort to talking to people on the internet. This is very sad.
Back to top Go down
Tommy QTR

Contribution Points : 91192
Forum Reputation : 575

PostSubject: Re: Nikolas Cruz talked with e-friends about getting bullied, suicide   Nikolas Cruz talked with e-friends about getting bullied, suicide Icon_minitimeSat Oct 20, 2018 4:37 pm

Neah wrote:
Young people who feel bad are left alone and resort to talking to people on the internet. This is very sad.
Sometimes it can be easier to talk to people on the internet about your problems than to your own family and friends.

-Lil Peep
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Nikolas Cruz talked with e-friends about getting bullied, suicide   Nikolas Cruz talked with e-friends about getting bullied, suicide Icon_minitimeSat Oct 20, 2018 4:48 pm

Tommy QTR wrote:
Neah wrote:

Sometimes it can be easier to talk to people on the internet about your problems than to your own family and friends.

I agree with that. A rank stranger will have no expectations of someone that usually comes from knowing them personally. So you wouldn't have things like "Well little Billy you shouldn't feel/act that way, because your family seems perfect, etc."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Nikolas Cruz talked with e-friends about getting bullied, suicide   Nikolas Cruz talked with e-friends about getting bullied, suicide Icon_minitimeSat Oct 20, 2018 4:49 pm

Tommy QTR wrote:
Neah wrote:

Sure, I understand that and I did the same. But I also think it is important adults know what is going on and don't turn a blind eye to what their child is going through. Maybe if the child is feeling the need to talk to strangers on the internet it is because he doesn't feel safe talking to his parents or friends, which is an issue that should be solved.

If I had a daughter or a son and I discovered he had issues and was talking to people online to get help I would feel that I failed at something. To me it would mean that he or she doesn't trust me enough to talk to me, that he or she doesn't think that I could help.
Back to top Go down
Tommy QTR

Contribution Points : 91192
Forum Reputation : 575

PostSubject: Re: Nikolas Cruz talked with e-friends about getting bullied, suicide   Nikolas Cruz talked with e-friends about getting bullied, suicide Icon_minitimeSat Oct 20, 2018 7:41 pm

Neah wrote:
Tommy QTR wrote:
Neah wrote:

Sure, I understand that and I did the same. But I also think it is important adults know what is going on and don't turn a blind eye to what their child is going through. Maybe if the child is feeling the need to talk to strangers on the internet it is because he doesn't feel safe talking to his parents or friends, which is an issue that should be solved.

If I had a daughter or a son and I discovered he had issues and was talking to people online to get help I would feel that I failed at something. To me it would mean that he or she doesn't trust me enough to talk to me, that he or she doesn't think that I could help.
I think the main reason kids do it is because people on the internet are going to be less judgemental than their family and friends will be. A lot of kids also don't want to feel like a burden of their family and friends and will keep their problems hidden. There is also the fact that a lot of kids family and friends will not be understanding and would further ostracise and isolate them if they asked for help.

-Lil Peep
Back to top Go down
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark

Contribution Points : 119628
Forum Reputation : 3191

PostSubject: Re: Nikolas Cruz talked with e-friends about getting bullied, suicide   Nikolas Cruz talked with e-friends about getting bullied, suicide Icon_minitimeSun Oct 21, 2018 12:33 am

Tommy QTR wrote:
Neah wrote:

Pretty much. God knows I have absolutely no-one to talk to off the internet. 

I can't imagine Nick felt he had too many other options either.

InsaneIntruder

InsaneIntruder

Contribution Points : 85078
Forum Reputation : 340

PostSubject: Re: Nikolas Cruz talked with e-friends about getting bullied, suicide   Nikolas Cruz talked with e-friends about getting bullied, suicide Icon_minitimeSun Oct 21, 2018 4:33 am

QuestionMark wrote:
Tommy QTR wrote:
Neah wrote:

Pretty much. God knows I have absolutely no-one to talk to off the internet. 

I can't imagine Nick felt he had too many other options either.
Same here. Also I find it easier to talk to people online.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Nikolas Cruz talked with e-friends about getting bullied, suicide   Nikolas Cruz talked with e-friends about getting bullied, suicide Icon_minitimeSun Oct 21, 2018 7:14 am

Tommy QTR wrote:
Neah wrote:
Tommy QTR wrote:
Neah wrote:

I think the main reason kids do it is because people on the internet are going to be less judgemental than their family and friends will be. A lot of kids also don't want to feel like a burden of their family and friends and will keep their problems hidden. There is also the fact that a lot of kids family and friends will not be understanding and would further ostracise and isolate them if they asked for help.

Yeah but isn't it a problem that kids don't feel comfortable talking to their parents?

I absolutely don't blame kids for doing so, I did it, still not so long ago (now I don't feel bad anymore). I was talking to strangers but in the same time I felt they couldn't really help me, they were young, they also had issues... They could help me feel better on the moment but I was aware that they couldn't help me on the long time. Only Sabratha, whom we didn't have the pleasure to read her comments for a long time now, helped me more because she was more mature and had knowledge. Otherwise, I only talked once to my little sister and immediately regretted it and I would never talk to people IRL. But still I know only some people IRL would really care about me. I don't think people I talked to online really cared about me.
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Other Crimes Moderator & Top 10 Contributor
Screamingophelia

Contribution Points : 192899
Forum Reputation : 1317

PostSubject: Re: Nikolas Cruz talked with e-friends about getting bullied, suicide   Nikolas Cruz talked with e-friends about getting bullied, suicide Icon_minitimeSun Oct 21, 2018 10:26 am

Neah wrote:
Tommy QTR wrote:
Neah wrote:
Tommy QTR wrote:
Neah wrote:

Yeah but isn't it a problem that kids don't feel comfortable talking to their parents?

I absolutely don't blame kids for doing so, I did it, still not so long ago (now I don't feel bad anymore). I was talking to strangers but in the same time I felt they couldn't really help me, they were young, they also had issues... They could help me feel better on the moment but I was aware that they couldn't help me on the long time. Only Sabratha, whom we didn't have the pleasure to read her comments for a long time now, helped me more because she was more mature and had knowledge. Otherwise, I only talked once to my little sister and immediately regretted it and I would never talk to people IRL. But still I know only some people IRL would really care about me. I don't think people I talked to online really cared about me.

I couldn’t talk to my parents at all about the feelings I was having. I was very good at hiding them. It’s interesting how my life kind of paralleled Dylan’s family at the time. My brother was a troublemaker and I was the one that got really good grades, stayed out of trouble. Even though I was the super super angry one who was depressed and my brother just in like school very much...

So once I found the community online back in the late 90s I was able to talk to people about my feelings. Oddly enough it was because of Dylan and Eric that I found online friends that I could talk to My parents didn’t like it very much they didn’t realize that I was talking to just regular people who were in college like me and have felt alone and angry when they were young too.. they thought we were hero worshiping (pre tumblr days so we were actually a lot calmer lol) If there was any worshipping or fangirling we usually set them straight

Top 10 Contributor

Contribution Points : 78103
Forum Reputation : 304

PostSubject: Re: Nikolas Cruz talked with e-friends about getting bullied, suicide   Nikolas Cruz talked with e-friends about getting bullied, suicide Icon_minitimeThu Dec 10, 2020 2:22 pm

Its a story from one girl. Cruz' Brother says that he bullied him, and therefore he wanted to start an anti- bullying campaign.

Yet, there are some stories that are also actually Fake News. Such as Emma Gonzalez bullying Cruz. The reason for that is very simple, and that is because Gonzalez is an anti- gun activist. Naturally, the alt right doesnt like this, so they spread misinformation about Gonzalez and Hogg.

Back to top Go down
bradt93

Contribution Points : 89206
Forum Reputation : 255

PostSubject: Re: Nikolas Cruz talked with e-friends about getting bullied, suicide   Nikolas Cruz talked with e-friends about getting bullied, suicide Icon_minitimeSun Dec 20, 2020 1:07 am

Norwegian wrote:
Its a story from one girl. Cruz' Brother says that he bullied him, and therefore he wanted to start an anti- bullying campaign.

Yet, there are some stories that are also actually Fake News. Such as Emma Gonzalez bullying Cruz. The reason for that is very simple, and that is because Gonzalez is an anti- gun activist. Naturally, the alt right doesnt like this, so they spread misinformation about Gonzalez and Hogg.

She DID bully him, deny it all you want, but she did.

QuestionMark dislikes this post

Back to top Go down
Norwegian
Top 10 Contributor

PostSubject: Re: Nikolas Cruz talked with e-friends about getting bullied, suicide   Nikolas Cruz talked with e-friends about getting bullied, suicide Icon_minitimeSun Dec 20, 2020 5:43 am

bradt93 wrote:
Norwegian wrote:

They didnt. Its all Fake News. It denies the fact of Just how dangerous Nicholas Cruz actually was.

Now was he ever bullied? IDK, because I havent researched this case, and most of my focus have been on the Columbine- massacre.

Its incredibly depressing to talk about this, which is why.

So I cant say that he wasnt. But whatever the case, he was troubled. And, of course, the students at Stoneman High school tried to get law enforcement involved several times. Thats what Emma Gonzalez' statement is all about.

Emma did not bully Cruz. Thats completely false, and its totally made up, because US right wingers doesnt like them and their activism against firearms. Therefore its easier to smear them with all kinds of false stories you can possibly think of.

Nothing surprises me about those guys anymore.

How many Mountains of lies can the alternative right produce over anything?

Carnifex879 and anna444 like this post

Back to top Go down
Carnifex879
Hayden Jagst
Former Top 10 Contributor

Carnifex879

Contribution Points : 67497
Forum Reputation : 391
Location : Gretchen Whitler's People's Republic of "The Mitten"

PostSubject: Re: Nikolas Cruz talked with e-friends about getting bullied, suicide   Nikolas Cruz talked with e-friends about getting bullied, suicide Icon_minitimeTue Dec 29, 2020 12:43 pm

Norwegian wrote:
bradt93 wrote:
Norwegian wrote:

They didnt. Its all Fake News. It denies the fact of Just how dangerous Nicholas Cruz actually was.

Now was he ever bullied? IDK, because I havent researched this case, and most of my focus have been on the Columbine- massacre.

So I cant say that he wasnt. But whatever the case, he was troubled. And, of course, the students at Stoneman High school tried to get law enforcement involved several times. Thats what Emma Gonzalez' statement is all about.

Emma did not bully Cruz. Thats completely false, and its totally made up, because US right wingers doesnt like them and their activism against firearms. Therefore its easier to smear them with all kinds of false stories you can possibly think of.

Regardless of political views, you’re correct. Emma said that adults shouldn’t be mad that “they ostracized him” and said “you didn’t know this kid”. I don’t think Emma Gonzalez actually knew him before the shooting but if she did, she probably wanted to avoid him because he acted aggressive towards other students. Most students were intimidated by him, so they kept their distance, which I wouldn’t call “ostracizing” because that makes it sound like they purposely rejected him from everything, which I doubt they did. I think Nikolas might have been bullied a little by other students, but lots of people have experienced bullying and don’t end up like he did.

Norwegian likes this post

anna444 dislikes this post

Back to top Go down
Norwegian
Top 10 Contributor

PostSubject: Re: Nikolas Cruz talked with e-friends about getting bullied, suicide   Nikolas Cruz talked with e-friends about getting bullied, suicide Icon_minitimeTue Dec 29, 2020 5:27 pm

Carnifex879 wrote:
Norwegian wrote:
bradt93 wrote:
Norwegian wrote:

Regardless of political views, you’re correct. Emma said that adults shouldn’t be mad that “they ostracized him” and said “you didn’t know this kid”. I don’t think Emma Gonzalez actually knew him before the shooting but if she did, she probably wanted to avoid him because he acted aggressive towards other students. Most students were intimidated by him, so they kept their distance, which I wouldn’t call “ostracizing” because that makes it sound like they purposely rejected him from everything, which I doubt they did. I think Nikolas might have been bullied a little by other students, but lots of people have experienced bullying and don’t end up like he did.

Yup
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nikolas Cruz talked with e-friends about getting bullied, suicide   Nikolas Cruz talked with e-friends about getting bullied, suicide Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Nikolas Cruz talked with e-friends about getting bullied, suicide
Page 1 of 1