Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

16 years seems like a long time

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
ThoughtBox

ThoughtBox

Contribution Points : 84171
Forum Reputation : 13

16 years seems like a long time Empty
PostSubject: 16 years seems like a long time   16 years seems like a long time Icon_minitimeThu Apr 16, 2015 9:56 am

16 years, huh? It sure goes by fast. Try explaining Columbine to a student about the same age as Eric or Dylan were, and 1999 seems so remote to them, you might as well be explaining the Kennedy assassination. For the most part, except in forums such as this, Eric and Dylan have faded away, back to the self-same caricatures that they were first portrayed as right after the tragedy, if their names are even remembered at all....

“Despair is the price one pays for self-awareness. Look deeply into life, and you'll always find despair.” -- Irvin D. Yalom, MD
Back to top Go down
PaintItBlack

PaintItBlack

Contribution Points : 96816
Forum Reputation : 52

16 years seems like a long time Empty
PostSubject: Re: 16 years seems like a long time   16 years seems like a long time Icon_minitimeThu Apr 16, 2015 11:34 pm

Sadly, it is. Someday it will be 30 years which I can scarcely imagine. By than most of the parent's of those who lost someone that day will be gone. Some friends of theirs even. It's a big chunk of my life. For all who died that day but one, it was longer than they lived, as long as they had lived or was the majority of their lives.
It was the entirety of Kelly and Matt's life on Earth.

We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus; That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing.-Charles Bukowski
Back to top Go down

16 years seems like a long time
Page 1 of 1