Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Chris Morris...

Go down 
+9
Kida
Draw_It_White
Lizpuff
ThoughtBox
shades
Sabratha
Fatheroftwo
Gustopoet2
lol
13 posters
AuthorMessage
lol

Contribution Points : 102772
Forum Reputation : 325

Chris Morris... Empty
PostSubject: Chris Morris...   Chris Morris... Icon_minitimeFri Jul 03, 2015 1:31 pm

I dug this up:

"Police have asked questions about Morris's bank account and a withdrawal he made four days before the shooting, according to a source familiar with the investigation.

"Within the last week and within two months previous to that, he had between $500 and $900 in Chris's account and he had depleted it down to $7 that day," said the source. Asked about the withdrawal, Richilano, Morris's attorney, said, "I am not going to comment on specific evidence."

Remember in the basement tapes E&D said they were going to pick up napalm at "this certain person's house"

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I will always strongly believe Chris Morris knew what was going to happen. He comes off so smug in his interview, and was quick to weasel out Phil Duran. Yet...he himself had a temper problem. Eric and Dylan followed HIM. And while he wasnt as close to them by the time the shooting happened he was always a close friend.

E&D even speak on Chris and Nate getting their stuff.

Also Chris' mom was a police officer (irony here is that Chris gf who he was dating at the time also became a police officer) .Anyway she kicked Chris out of the house. There has to be a damn good reason for that. His mom wouldn't just throw him out like that, especially if she called Chris and was worried about him on 4/20

What does everyone else think?

Last edited by lol on Fri Jul 03, 2015 1:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
lol

Contribution Points : 102772
Forum Reputation : 325

Chris Morris... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chris Morris...   Chris Morris... Icon_minitimeFri Jul 03, 2015 1:36 pm

I want to add that Chris lied by saying "Only Eric and Dylan wore trenchcoats in '98-'99"

Is that so? Pretty sure Chris is wearing one in Hitmen for Hire.

Nate Dykeman wore his trenchcoat in the summer when he and Eric worked at Tortilla Wraps.
Back to top Go down
Gustopoet2

Gustopoet2

Contribution Points : 82290
Forum Reputation : 3

Chris Morris... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chris Morris...   Chris Morris... Icon_minitimeFri Jul 03, 2015 2:48 pm

CM was definitely involved in the instigation, planning, and prepping for NBK. I think that he was also very surprised when the attack actually happened. I view him as a strong influence in the TCM, particularly in regard to the splatterpunk/violence end of things. He was one of the first kids to fight back against bullying and probably inspired Eric and Dylan to start thinking along those lines. I think he probably helped procure the fireworks and other materials that went into the bombs. He and Cory Friesen were involved with Eric and Dylan's fireworks-stand stint. He probably didn't think they'd actually carry out the attack.

Young Chris Morris also always struck me as a satanist. An anecdotal observation, but one I feel pretty sanguine about.

So yeah I think he was definitely involved with NBK even if he didn't participate directly.
Back to top Go down
Fatheroftwo

Contribution Points : 83263
Forum Reputation : 0

Chris Morris... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chris Morris...   Chris Morris... Icon_minitimeSun Jul 05, 2015 12:32 am

There's a reason Morris was used by the police to call/bait the guy who worked @ Black Jacks Pizza & sold E&D the guns.

Back to top Go down
Sabratha

Sabratha

Contribution Points : 97590
Forum Reputation : 440

Chris Morris... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chris Morris...   Chris Morris... Icon_minitimeSun Jul 05, 2015 1:18 pm

Nah, i believe Chris knew about the pipebombs and prolly that was it.

He looked geniuinely upset over the shooting too. I seriously doubt he wa sinvolved in any way. Also we have some evidence that Chris was one of the people who Eric was asking for more detailed combustible bomb formulas, but Chris declined to give him those.

"Bullet Time" - a school shooting film from Poland
Back to top Go down
Gustopoet2

Gustopoet2

Contribution Points : 82290

Chris Morris... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chris Morris...   Chris Morris... Icon_minitimeMon Jul 06, 2015 8:40 pm

I always thought this was very important quote from CM. I think it shows how he provided a kind of "spiritual" inspiration for the TCM and indirectly for NBK.

“We were so far out from the normal circle.. and so diminished upon, that we, in a sense some of us thought death was the way out. It’s kind of a sad way to look at it, but some of them did. Because some of the people I knew felt that death was a way to escape from the world of the harassment and others of us took it as a way to cloak ourselves because it was kind of like a shadow you could hide in because people were afraid of death and people always are and we weren’t. We knew it would eventually come and we were okay with that. And since we took safety in it, it helped us to feel better about ourselves and have people leave us alone more.”

This is exactly what Eric and Dylan did, but in their case the shield of death only brought them a partial sense of power and protection. They felt compelled to take it one step further and start dealing out death on their own terms, to become "godlike" if for only one brief moment.

This death-cult ideation is not unique to CM, E&D or the TCM; it is in fact the very fabric of American society if you take the time to dig beneath the surface.
Back to top Go down
shades

shades

Contribution Points : 79736
Forum Reputation : 38

Chris Morris... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chris Morris...   Chris Morris... Icon_minitimeWed May 25, 2016 4:46 pm

Is it true that the reason he went to the school from the friend's house upon hearing of the shooting is because he thought he could go there and stop eric and dylan or did he just want to inform detectives his intuition of having a feeling E&D were the perpetrators?

Also is anyone still fishy about him conveniently heading to the house and leaving the school before the attack and, about him basically knowing they were gonna commit something fucked up?

ThoughtBox

Contribution Points : 83921
Forum Reputation : 13

Chris Morris... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chris Morris...   Chris Morris... Icon_minitimeWed May 25, 2016 5:09 pm

Chris Morris, I think, knows a hell of a lot more about NBK than he has EVER let on. It's quite possible that E/D tried to recruit him for it, and maybe he rebuffed them because he never thought the two would have the nerve to actually pull it off, or were just bullshitting him. Either way, I feel it's a mystery that may never be solved unless he decides to come totally clean on the subject.

“Despair is the price one pays for self-awareness. Look deeply into life, and you'll always find despair.” -- Irvin D. Yalom, MD
Back to top Go down
Lizpuff

Lizpuff

Contribution Points : 96174
Forum Reputation : 1190

Chris Morris... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chris Morris...   Chris Morris... Icon_minitimeWed May 25, 2016 5:16 pm

ThoughtBox wrote:
Chris Morris, I think, knows a hell of a lot more about NBK than he has EVER let on. It's quite possible that E/D tried to recruit him for it, and maybe he rebuffed them because he never thought the two would have the nerve to actually pull it off, or were just bullshitting him. Either way, I feel it's a mystery that may never be solved unless he decides to come totally clean on the subject.

I agree for sure. People describe Chris as the angry type who always talked about bombs, guns and killing people. I think he was very much in the same mindset.

I know when he got his girlfriend he stopped hanging out with them so much so possible that is what stopped him from being included if he was ever included in the first place
Back to top Go down
shades

shades

Chris Morris... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chris Morris...   Chris Morris... Icon_minitimeWed May 25, 2016 5:18 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Yeah. I think he knows a lot more too. Infact, wasn't it Chris Dylan wanted to do NBK with or was it someone else...his name is slipping my mind now...anyway if it were Chris then basically he's the root of NBK too. As you said, it's one thing to know of a massacre but it's another to believe it would actually be executed.
Yeah, he may have thought they were just bullshitting him. I mean prior to NBK why bother telling them not to do something you didn't know would actually happen.

It must be a mindfuck for him though cause he may have felt responsible for influencing them to violence and dark stuff and in the end be the spectator of something horrible his two friends actually pulled off.

ThoughtBox

Contribution Points : 83921
Forum Reputation : 13

Chris Morris... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chris Morris...   Chris Morris... Icon_minitimeWed May 25, 2016 5:20 pm

liquorvamp wrote:

It must be a mindfuck for him though cause he may have felt responsible for influencing them to violence and dark stuff and in the end be the spectator of something horrible his two friends actually pulled off.

Absolutely! Who knows, Chris Morris may be one of the progenitors of this whole disaster. And yes, it's quite possible the fact of having a girlfriend may have prevented him from being a third person participating in the massacre. Imagine that.

“Despair is the price one pays for self-awareness. Look deeply into life, and you'll always find despair.” -- Irvin D. Yalom, MD
Back to top Go down
Lizpuff

Lizpuff

Chris Morris... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chris Morris...   Chris Morris... Icon_minitimeWed May 25, 2016 5:27 pm

liquorvamp wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Yeah. I think he knows a lot more too. Infact, wasn't it Chris Dylan wanted to do NBK with or was it someone else...his name is slipping my mind now...anyway if it were Chris then basically he's the root of NBK too. As you said, it's one thing to know of a massacre but it's another to believe it would actually be executed.
Yeah, he may have thought they were just bullshitting him. I mean prior to NBK why bother telling them not to do something you didn't know would actually happen.

Most surmise that Dylan was speaking of Zach. But it could really be anyone!
Back to top Go down
Draw_It_White

Draw_It_White

Contribution Points : 98018
Forum Reputation : 154

Chris Morris... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chris Morris...   Chris Morris... Icon_minitimeWed May 25, 2016 6:32 pm

My thoughts on Chris Morris are quite simple. He was a leader of the TCM, no doubting his status of the group.

I think Eric and Dylan probably did mention the idea of NBK to him and he dismissed it thinking they were pussies and never had any intention of pulling it off.

As with any clique, the TCM had their leaders (Morris,Stair etc). Eric and Dylan couldn't even be arsed with those guys in the end and just surpassed them in the hierarchy of things. They probably did what Morris only dreamed of doing.

I bet he was as surprised as anyone at first about Eric & Dylan actually pulling NBK off (even though not quite to plan).

I think he probably realised he encouraged it but never expected two outsiders of the TCM to actually do it. That's why he was so easy going in his interviews so he didn't get any of the blame.
Back to top Go down
Kida

Kida

Contribution Points : 73165

Chris Morris... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chris Morris...   Chris Morris... Icon_minitimeWed May 25, 2016 8:04 pm

I also think that Chris took what E&D said as a joke. He knew about their bombing fantasies but he didnt think E&D could do it. Razz
As Liz said, his girlfriend might have played a big role here.
Back to top Go down
em81

Contribution Points : 101249

Chris Morris... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chris Morris...   Chris Morris... Icon_minitimeWed May 25, 2016 9:47 pm

Right, I think he didn´t took them serious. I remember that they all made jokes about jocks and blowing up the school and so.
Back to top Go down
CaptainMidnight

CaptainMidnight

Contribution Points : 80547

Chris Morris... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chris Morris...   Chris Morris... Icon_minitimeThu May 26, 2016 12:19 am

I have a thought that E&D invited him,and he refused thinking 'yeah right,you two are so going to do this',but later he was lured into helping them with stuff while they said something like 'that invitation was just a joke,we're making bombs to mess around'.
To me he helped building up the tension with TCM and the jocks,the hate towards school,but never thought it was going to happen.Who would?

I'll take your brain to another dimension
Back to top Go down
shades

shades

Chris Morris... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chris Morris...   Chris Morris... Icon_minitimeThu May 26, 2016 4:21 am

"As with any clique, the TCM had their leaders (Morris,Stair etc). Eric and Dylan couldn't even be arsed with those guys in the end and just surpassed them in the hierarchy of things. They probably did what Morris only dreamed of doing.

I bet he was as surprised as anyone at first about Eric & Dylan actually pulling NBK off (even though not quite to plan).

I think he probably realised he encouraged it but never expected two outsiders of the TCM to actually do it. That's why he was so easy going in his interviews so he didn't get any of the blame."
Well put [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

shades

Chris Morris... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chris Morris...   Chris Morris... Icon_minitimeThu May 26, 2016 4:24 am

"I have a thought that E&D invited him,and he refused thinking 'yeah right,you two are so going to do this',but later he was lured into helping them with stuff while they said something like 'that invitation was just a joke,we're making bombs to mess around'." Thank you for this [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]. Because I think there were accounts of him or a couple other people who were actually with Eric and Dylan when they were making plans and their bombs so everyone had it at the back of their mind that one or two of their friends had knowledge of NBK, infact meant to be a perpetrator that day too.
Perhaps it was just a coincidence Chris left the school early that day.

and as said, Chris had no way of knowing those two would actually pull it off.

Contribution Points : 75017

Chris Morris... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chris Morris...   Chris Morris... Icon_minitimeThu May 26, 2016 6:08 am

Chris actually comes across as a pretty decent, level-headed guy here. Certainly a contrast to all the other perceptions many of his peers had of him (not that I don't believe them, I'm sure he could've been a complete asshat at times).

My guess is that he just never took Eric or Dylan seriously, like he said, much like Dylann Roof's moronic friends (difference being bowlcut explicitly detailed his plans to shoot innocent people, and in a post-Columbine world full of angry losers trying to get some attention, his friends should've known better than to simply dismiss his comments).
Back to top Go down
Lizpuff

Lizpuff

Chris Morris... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chris Morris...   Chris Morris... Icon_minitimeThu May 26, 2016 8:34 am

Chris cooperated with the police right away. He let them arrest him and interrogate him. He let them into his home to look around and at his car as well.

Police found nothing to charge him with. I think he did unknowingly help them and I am sure he prob felt bad after he knew hindsight and all but lots of people helped.

E&D thanked Chris L. for "storing things" for them at the pizza shop. Did Chris know what the stuff was for or even it was there? Who really knows

shades

shades

Chris Morris... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chris Morris...   Chris Morris... Icon_minitimeThu May 26, 2016 8:44 am

@Liz yeah they thanked Chris openly for a couple of things. He did help them. But I guess in his mind it's prob just one of the boys' usual "missions" and he prob thought they had way too much fun doing it, they're prob gonna do a massive blowup at an open field and, they weren't going to kill anybody in the school, Idk.

Contribution Points : 102188
Forum Reputation : 74

Chris Morris... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chris Morris...   Chris Morris... Icon_minitimeThu May 26, 2016 10:03 am

What is the evidence that Chris Morris knew about their plans or was involved in any way?
Back to top Go down
Lizpuff

Lizpuff

Chris Morris... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chris Morris...   Chris Morris... Icon_minitimeThu May 26, 2016 10:24 am

lasttrain wrote:
What is the evidence that Chris Morris knew about their plans or was involved in any way?

There really is no hard evidence of anything to do with Chris. It is all mostly gossip. Chris admitted to talking about guns and bombs and blowing up the school with E&D at work so I think some speculate that they could have been talking "plans" but I think it was all just talk to Chris. I don't think he in any way had anything to do with the 20 at least on purpose
Back to top Go down
lasttrain

Contribution Points : 102188
Forum Reputation : 74

Chris Morris... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chris Morris...   Chris Morris... Icon_minitimeThu May 26, 2016 10:53 am

I would want some evidence before I publicly accused a person (who is still alive) of being part of a plot to murder 400 people.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Chris Morris... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chris Morris...   Chris Morris... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Chris Morris...
Page 1 of 1