Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Chris Morris

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage

Chris Morris Empty
PostSubject: Chris Morris   Chris Morris Icon_minitimeSat Aug 17, 2013 4:06 am

(Firstly, I would like to say hello to everyone! I was VictorianDoll on the other forums, and it took me forever to track down the new address for this discussion forum, but I’m so glad that I finally found it!) Smile 

Chris Morris almost stands out to me as a slightly odd and mysterious figure in the whole Columbine Massacre. I feel like his notoriety came and went too quickly, especially in regards to the media. It seems strange to me how numerous police reports stated that Chris Morris engaged in violent/aggressive behavior such as bringing knives to school, threatening people, getting into fights, and also constantly dressing in black clothing, having been one of the main members of the Trench Coat Mafia, and his outward preoccupation with death – (which he was cited for writing death poems in his creative-writing class). I honestly wish there was more information (videos, writings, pictures, anything) on him. From the information I have gathered on Chris Morris, I understand that he was playing video games at a friend’s house when the shootings occurred, heard about the shootings on the news, and eventually made contact with a detective stating he knew who the shooters were. He was then arrested and taken into police custody for questioning, but was found not guilty of a crime, or having been involved. But if Chris Morris truly had not been involved, why would the investigators feel the need to search very inch of his room, belongings, computer, and his clothes? – (The investigators must have suspected something).

I understand that many people dismiss the possibility of additional shooters, but could have Chris Morris been a shooter? And that his entire story of “being at a friend’s house, and playing video games” could have been an alibi? Of course this is merely speculation, and I’m not trying to accuse Chris Morris of a crime – as I was not there, so I do not know, but if I recall correctly, there were some eye-witness accounts stating they saw Chris Morris with a handgun outside the cafeteria - (neither Eric nor Dylan used a handgun). As I have previously mentioned, this is all merely speculation, but I think what he said to investigators should have been more thoroughly scrutinized and taken more into account, along with his violent history, and interest in death – it just seems to add an entirely new dimension to the situation, and makes everything seem even more peculiar.

As a side note, I would also like to point out that when Chris Morris was arrested and taken into police custody on the day of the Columbine Shootings, if you look very closely at some of the images/footage, there appears to be what looks like a few discolored marks (possible abrasions) on the inside of his forearms, a slightly reddish horizontal mark (possible laceration/scar) across his left wrist, and a slightly reddish-brown vertical mark (possible laceration/scar) from the bottom of his left elbow to mid-forearm. – Was Chris Morris a possible self-injurer/cutter? (I read somewhere that some of the Trench Coat Mafia members did engage in self-mutilation and cutting using knives and razor blades).

I’ve been thinking about all of this for a while now, and I was wondering what everyone’s thoughts/opinions/speculations on Chris Morris are?
Back to top Go down
Wideawake

Wideawake

Contribution Points : 106151
Forum Reputation : 0

Chris Morris Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chris Morris   Chris Morris Icon_minitimeSat Aug 17, 2013 6:46 am

I just went and read Chris Morris' 11K interviews again. It reads mostly legit to me. I say mostly because there are small inconsistencies, but nothing that stands out in a major way. I was pretty surprised to realize how quickly he rolled on Phillip Duran though. He was also pretty quick to distance himself from E&D, saying they weren't close friends and he didn't know much about their personal lives, etc. - not that I blame him for it. I'll have to take a second look at the pictures of him getting arrested. I have never noticed any marks.
Back to top Go down
rik75

Contribution Points : 101418
Forum Reputation : 50

Chris Morris Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chris Morris   Chris Morris Icon_minitimeFri Oct 25, 2013 9:47 am

That's quite interesting.
Back to top Go down

Chris Morris Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chris Morris   Chris Morris Icon_minitimeFri Oct 25, 2013 10:04 am

No matter how he was "before" the shooting, in interviews after the incident he seemed pretty different and more mature. Whether he knew or not, participated or not, I believe the incident changed him. No matter how much or little he had ANY knowledge or actual participation of the massacre or leading up to itself.

It does seem evident based from what I've read that H/K attempted to recruit Morris. Perhaps Morris feels guilty for not alerting? Maybe he didn't take them seriously? Whatever it is, he was exhempted from all media attention shortly and possibily the entire case itself
Back to top Go down
rik75

Chris Morris Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chris Morris   Chris Morris Icon_minitimeSat Oct 26, 2013 4:11 pm

Wideawake wrote:
I just went and read Chris Morris' 11K interviews again. It reads mostly legit to me. I say mostly because there are small inconsistencies, but nothing that stands out in a major way. I was pretty surprised to realize how quickly he rolled on Phillip Duran though. He was also pretty quick to distance himself from E&D, saying they weren't close friends and he didn't know much about their personal lives, etc. - not that I blame him for it. I'll have to take a second look at the pictures of him getting arrested. I have never noticed any marks.
Hi Wideawake , which section of the 11K can i find Chris Morris interviews please?
Back to top Go down
rik75

Chris Morris Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chris Morris   Chris Morris Icon_minitimeSat Oct 26, 2013 4:37 pm

Just found them ;)
Back to top Go down
Grandma

Contribution Points : 105722
Forum Reputation : 6

Chris Morris Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chris Morris   Chris Morris Icon_minitimeSun Oct 27, 2013 8:55 am

I think he was more friends with Eric Dylan than he said afterwords. But can you imagine how he feels to get arrested on that day? Everyone see him handcuffed and placed in a police car, i think it's normal to distance himself from Eric and Dylan. He is suspicious through all this years, like many friends of them, and I dont't want to know how that feels.
Yes, I think some of the teenagers around Eric and Dylan had a strange behaviour, but I think all teenagers have a strange behaviour sometimes.

And I really, really think, if there were more other shooters than Eric and Dylan, the public would know it, why schould someone or something to keep that as a secret. It would not change anything except more victims maybe.
Back to top Go down
rik75

Chris Morris Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chris Morris   Chris Morris Icon_minitimeWed Oct 30, 2013 6:02 pm

Wideawake wrote:
Hi Wideawake ,me too ,i flipped through the 11K. Did you know that Chris Morris girlfriend was in the cafeteria during the massacre? A cousin of Duran left the cafeteria 5 minutes before the shi* hit the fan. I see what you mean about Chris " rolling " on Duran. I'm reading the taped call between CM & PD.
Back to top Go down
Wideawake

Wideawake

Contribution Points : 106151
Forum Reputation : 0

Chris Morris Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chris Morris   Chris Morris Icon_minitimeMon Nov 11, 2013 4:40 pm

rik75 wrote:
Wideawake wrote:
Hi Wideawake ,me too ,i flipped through the 11K. Did you know that Chris Morris girlfriend was in the cafeteria during the massacre? A cousin of Duran left the cafeteria 5 minutes before the shi* hit the fan. I see what you mean about Chris " rolling " on Duran. I'm reading the taped call between CM & PD.
rik75, I did realize that. There were several friends and associates of the TCM in the cafeteria right before and during the massacre. The transcript of the call between Morris and Duran was interesting. I felt like it was pretty obvious what Morris was after, although it didn't seem like Duran picked up on it. I'm sure Duran was freaking out though. I never did go back and look at those arrest photos. Real life distracts me too much. Too bad I can't get paid for Columbine research. Sad 
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Chris Morris Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chris Morris   Chris Morris Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Chris Morris
Page 1 of 1