Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Did Eric ever have a chance of being a Marine?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
lol

Contribution Points : 102747
Forum Reputation : 325

Did Eric ever have a chance of being a Marine? Empty
PostSubject: Did Eric ever have a chance of being a Marine?   Did Eric ever have a chance of being a Marine? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2015 9:46 am

Lets say Columbine never happened, and Eric was never on medication do you think he would've been able to become a Marine? Remember the van theft? That was a felony arrest. I am aware the charges were dismissed, but I am sure the military can still see your juvenile record, yes?
Back to top Go down
Gustopoet2

Gustopoet2

Contribution Points : 82265
Forum Reputation : 3

PostSubject: Re: Did Eric ever have a chance of being a Marine?   Did Eric ever have a chance of being a Marine? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2015 12:59 pm

Eric also suffered from a pectus excavatum deformity (chest) and a childhood leg deformity. I don't know if these would be grounds for disqualification from the Marines.

Back to top Go down
Sabratha

Sabratha

Contribution Points : 97565
Forum Reputation : 440

PostSubject: Re: Did Eric ever have a chance of being a Marine?   Did Eric ever have a chance of being a Marine? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2015 1:09 pm

It is possible. Cehck this clnk (current Marine protocol):
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I'm not sure if it is the same as it was in 1999, but I doubt there are significant differences.

However its worth noting the following quotes from said website:

Marine website wrote:
The process begins with an interview by the Recruiter, asking the applicant about any records of arrest, charges, juvenile court adjudications, traffic violations, probation periods, dismissed or pending charges or convictions, including those which have been expunged or sealed

(...)
f the applicant admits to an offense, or the recruiter has reason to believe the applicant is concealing an offense, or a record is indicated during the Entrance National Agency Check (ENAC), then the recruiter will request a complete criminal record from local law enforcement agencies.

Some offenses can be waived, and others cannot. Different offenses require waiver approval at different levels in the recruiting chain-of-command.

It's important to note that applicants who require a waiver ARE NOT qualified for enlistment, unless/until a waiver is approved. The burden is on the applicant to prove to waiver authorities that they have overcome their disqualifications for enlistment, and that their acceptance would be in the best interests of the Military. Waiver authorities will consider the "whole person" concept when considering waiver applications.

In general, waivers are required for:

Five to Nine minor traffic offenses

Two to five more serious traffic offenses

Two or more Class 1 minor non-traffic offenses

Two to Nine Class 2 minor non-traffic offenses

Two to five serious offenses

One felony

Individuals with ten or more minor traffic offenses, six or more serious traffic offenses, ten or more Class 2 minor non-traffic offenses, six or more serious non-traffic offenses, or more than one felony are not eligible for a waiver.
Can anyone remind me if the van brake-in was treated as a single felony or two felonies?

And then there's this:
Marine website wrote:
Remember, if you require a waiver, that means that you are disqualified for military service. The waiver procedure is the process of you "begging" the military to make an exception in your particular case.

Thus its likely Eric would have been turned down either way. Good for the USMC I guess.

Also this:
Quote :
Obviously the more violent the crime, the more serious the crime, the less likely the military is to overlook it. Some minor crimes may be overlooked if significant time has passed since you were convicted and have since had no other felonies. Still, this day and age it's highly unlikely you'll be able to join up, the Army is very picky about recruits and wants the best candidates they can get.

(http://www.militaryspot.com/enlist/can-i-join-the-army-with-a-felony/)

"Bullet Time" - a school shooting film from Poland
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Did Eric ever have a chance of being a Marine?   Did Eric ever have a chance of being a Marine? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Did Eric ever have a chance of being a Marine?
Page 1 of 1