Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

What did you expect to learn from the Basement Tapes?

Go down 
+7
Draw_It_White
eli27
Gustopoet2
Jenn
PaintItBlack
aubre
Fatheroftwo
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
PaintItBlack

PaintItBlack

Contribution Points : 96941
Forum Reputation : 52

What did you expect to learn from the Basement Tapes? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What did you expect to learn from the Basement Tapes?   What did you expect to learn from the Basement Tapes? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2015 10:29 pm

Thank you for clarifying. Yes,No hard feelings:)

aubre wrote:
PaintItBlack wrote:

The only thing I said I thought was petty was Judy Brown running home to call the police because she saw Eric buying a gun magazine. I never .ever said the killings were petty or anything like that. You were totally mistaken about that.
Obviously, the taking of a life or lives is not a petty thing although some lives don't seem to be valued much in society.
I was an angry abused outcast all throughout my school years as was a close friend of mine. The abuse was every day and by most of the school population and it was severe. We are both deeply affected by it to this day.
We were extremely rageful and bitter and went down the same path E&D did and wanted to do a shooting of our own. For several reasons it did not get far past the planning stages which I consider the grace of God. Because of this I feel I have some insight into E &D and what they were thinking and feeling at least through some of their last years than maybe someone who has not been through it.
Now ,the whole thing just makes me incredibly sad. Every aspect of it is such a massive tragedy.
I mainly tend to feel just overwhelming sadness.

Sorry I took that out of context.  Smile  No hard feelings.
Back to top Go down
Sabratha

Sabratha

Contribution Points : 98138
Forum Reputation : 440

PostSubject: Re: What did you expect to learn from the Basement Tapes?   What did you expect to learn from the Basement Tapes? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 09, 2015 4:57 am

aubre wrote:
I wish I could read Krabbes' book, I'd like to read a more nuanced analysis of the whole thing.

There's a machine translation out there, if you are not afraid of sifting through some translation issues (Dutch has some grammatical gender that may cause confusion for the machine) then its entirely possible to read it and understand it.

I'd also suggest Larkin's book: "Why kids kill?" Stupid title. but Larkin's analysis is solid. Keep in mind its not a book just about columbine, but about many early school shootings as well (Jonesboro etc). But if you ask me, Larkin's analysis of the shooters personalities is the best one out there.

Krabbe's book is all about Columbine and has much more factual details "who did what when" and CHS trivia, but Krabbe is not a professional psychologist or psychiatrist. For the personality analysis go with Larkin. For actual shooting events, go with Krabbe.

"Bullet Time" - a school shooting film from Poland
Back to top Go down
Sabratha

Sabratha

Contribution Points : 98138
Forum Reputation : 440

PostSubject: Re: What did you expect to learn from the Basement Tapes?   What did you expect to learn from the Basement Tapes? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 09, 2015 5:11 am

LPorter101 wrote:
Sabratha wrote:
LPorter101 wrote:
But Dylan had a grand old time on the social merry-go-round, even knowing what he was going to be doing three days later.

I don't think he had a "grand old time". He wasn;t even planning to go, iirc he went only because both Robyn and his own dad were pestering him about it. I think he didn't want to goi with Robyn becuase "she wan't the one".

In the end, I think he went along with the prom in the same manner he went along with the trip to Arizona. "Play along, don't rock the boat, keep calm and normal"

I was being sarcastic.

Sorry, should have known. People often take some of the most absurd assumptions about CHS at face value, including old media reports, manson, bullies, "she said yes" and whatnot. I've grown to automatically correct people on CHS issues and my sarcasm detector went dull as a result.

Should have know better in your case though. Sorry.

"Bullet Time" - a school shooting film from Poland
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What did you expect to learn from the Basement Tapes?   What did you expect to learn from the Basement Tapes? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What did you expect to learn from the Basement Tapes?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2