Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Dylan physically harming coworker

Go down 
+12
Jenn
meenwhile
LPorter101
Nightshiftstalker
lol
lasttrain
deathmedic
Juicy Jazzy
eli27
Gustopoet2
Draw_It_White
aubre
16 posters
AuthorMessage

Dylan physically harming coworker Empty
PostSubject: Dylan physically harming coworker   Dylan physically harming coworker Icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2015 1:11 am

In the 11k report, there is a part that talks about Dylan hitting one of his female coworkers at Blackjack during an argument. What are everyone's thoughts on this? Do you believe that it happened or do you think the story was exaggerated?
Back to top Go down
aubre

Contribution Points : 85618
Forum Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: Dylan physically harming coworker   Dylan physically harming coworker Icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2015 1:15 am

I think he did it, Dylan was a loose cannon, he was attacking girls in his gym class, at work, and going off on teachers.
Back to top Go down
Draw_It_White

Draw_It_White

Contribution Points : 102018
Forum Reputation : 154

PostSubject: Re: Dylan physically harming coworker   Dylan physically harming coworker Icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2015 1:34 am

The guy shot at women - I see no reason why not to believe the accusation.
Back to top Go down
Gustopoet2

Gustopoet2

Contribution Points : 86290
Forum Reputation : 3

PostSubject: Re: Dylan physically harming coworker   Dylan physically harming coworker Icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2015 2:03 am

Totally agree with Aubre and Radioactive.

Dylan threatened a lot of people. I'm sure this incident actually happened. Why certain people seem to resist seeing how violent Dylan Klebold was is beyond me... Just look at the clip from the theater rehearsal when the kid brushes his duster as a joke. He turns around and gives his fellow cast members a look of lethal hatred.

Between slapping girls and threatening to kill retarded kids, even pre-NBK Dylan was a real lamb wasn't he?

Back to top Go down
eli27

eli27

Contribution Points : 87582
Forum Reputation : 135

PostSubject: Re: Dylan physically harming coworker   Dylan physically harming coworker Icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2015 5:34 am

Agreed.

Dylan definately had it in him. Just because most of the time he hid his anger better than Eric, doesn't mean it wasn't there. People have this illusion that Dylan was just a follower of Eric who didn't neccessarily want to be 100% part of the shooting. But they were both in it together equally, albeit for different reasons. If Dylan would shoot girls, why wouldn't he hit one? Considering his unrequited love, I'm sure he would easily have been angry enough to do it.

Juicy Jazzy

Contribution Points : 102544
Forum Reputation : 21

PostSubject: Re: Dylan physically harming coworker   Dylan physically harming coworker Icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2015 5:36 am

Dylan gave so much shit to girls in his gym class that even Eric told him to pull his head in.
Back to top Go down
deathmedic

Contribution Points : 105874
Forum Reputation : 10

PostSubject: Re: Dylan physically harming coworker   Dylan physically harming coworker Icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2015 10:20 am

Well...
If he was bullied it would make sense that he would do this to girls. Remember bullies only go after those that are weaker than them.
Back to top Go down
eli27

eli27

PostSubject: Re: Dylan physically harming coworker   Dylan physically harming coworker Icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2015 10:40 am

deathmedic wrote:
Well...
If he was bullied it would make sense that he would do this to girls. Remember bullies only go after those that are weaker than them.

Yeah. And also he was angry at girls specifically because he was bitter about them not going out with him and for his love never being returned.

Last edited by eli27 on Wed Aug 12, 2015 6:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
lasttrain

Contribution Points : 106188
Forum Reputation : 74

PostSubject: Re: Dylan physically harming coworker   Dylan physically harming coworker Icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2015 5:04 pm

My take on this incident (and the many others like it) is that it shows Dylan's essentially bullying and sadistic personality.

Maybe it seems redundant to say that about a homicidal killer. But this just proves that neither Eric nor Dylan "snapped" on 4/20. Their behavior and taunting was a continuation of what both of them had done to many people at the school for years.

Just look at all the people in the 11k who describe Eric and Dylan as bullies
Back to top Go down
Gustopoet2

Gustopoet2

PostSubject: Re: Dylan physically harming coworker   Dylan physically harming coworker Icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2015 5:27 pm

lasttrain wrote:
My take on this incident (and the many others like it) is that it shows Dylan's essentially bullying and sadistic personality.  

Maybe it seems redundant to say that about a homicidal killer.  But this just proves that neither Eric nor Dylan "snapped" on 4/20.  Their behavior and taunting was a continuation of what both of them had done to many people at the school for years.  

Not to mention the story Brooks Brown tells about them shooting BB guns at little kids who were out trick or treating. That's quite sadistic and cowardly -- hiding up on a roof taking pot shots at little grade school kids dressed up for Halloween.

Back to top Go down
eli27

eli27

PostSubject: Re: Dylan physically harming coworker   Dylan physically harming coworker Icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2015 6:25 pm

Gustopoet2 wrote:

Not to mention the story Brooks Brown tells about them shooting BB guns at little kids who were out trick or treating. That's quite sadistic and cowardly -- hiding up on a roof taking pot shots at little grade school kids dressed up for Halloween.  

Practicing perhaps? What a Face

Contribution Points : 85618

PostSubject: Re: Dylan physically harming coworker   Dylan physically harming coworker Icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2015 6:29 pm

eli27 wrote:
deathmedic wrote:
Well...

Yeah. And also I think he was angry at girls specifically because he was bitter about them not going out with him and his love never being returned.

I've always seen it this way too.

I've often frequented forums where men talk with great zeal about their insecurity's in their masculinity and one of their favorite topics seem to be, basically, about how they're always rejected by woman or mistreated, therefore all woman must be bad and they get very bitter about it.

Not that the feminist are any better, I lost my interest in that topic a long time ago.

They're all a bunch of people who can't see the forest for the trees.

At any rate, I've always viewed Dylan's attitude towards woman and love a little differently than most.
Back to top Go down
Gustopoet2

Gustopoet2

PostSubject: Re: Dylan physically harming coworker   Dylan physically harming coworker Icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2015 6:37 pm

eli27 wrote:
Gustopoet2 wrote:

Yeah that's what makes it so creepy. Shocked

Back to top Go down
lol

Contribution Points : 106772
Forum Reputation : 325

PostSubject: Re: Dylan physically harming coworker   Dylan physically harming coworker Icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2015 9:03 pm

eli27 wrote:
Gustopoet2 wrote:

I doubt this. NBK wasn't even in their mind in Halloween '96. They were just being a bunch of douche bag kids.
Back to top Go down
eli27

eli27

PostSubject: Re: Dylan physically harming coworker   Dylan physically harming coworker Icon_minitimeThu Aug 13, 2015 2:58 am

lol wrote:
eli27 wrote:
Gustopoet2 wrote:

I doubt this. NBK wasn't even in their mind in Halloween '96. They were just being a bunch of douche bag kids.

I was only joking. Smile

Last edited by eli27 on Thu Aug 13, 2015 2:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Nightshiftstalker

Nightshiftstalker

Contribution Points : 86887

PostSubject: Re: Dylan physically harming coworker   Dylan physically harming coworker Icon_minitimeThu Aug 13, 2015 12:12 pm

"douche bags"? WHAT!?

about three years ago - I taked to a guy from Berlin, I never had met before.
(...)
later on (@ Eastern Station (Ostbahnhof)) some "cool tourist (or tourist lookin' and behaving like one)" said (lookin' @ him - then @ me):
I lobe douche bags.

"And - I love TRAINS and sky scrapers - by ignoring people really thin' of as well as about - suicide - yo."

Alright. Okay. In 2012 - we've had Obama.
(And Anders Behring Breivik havin' been declared as kinda "sane" person - not only regretting not having killed more people (accoriding to youtube, Germa news paper articles (a lot!!) - and actually ruining his life -- death penalty e. g. might be really brutal - however, i'm not from TX or another Southern State, so - maybe I cannot reall judge Texas - or even Connecticut - I don't know - actually - sometime. (...))

anyways - I take it way 2 seriously than havin' a real cause to joke about it.
rather agree to "maybe practicing".

yeah - no matter what, but - a new Halloween day an' a ne all hollow's EVE will occur - yo.

;D

greetz and see ya then - or possibly not - who knows...?

NightshiftSTALKER

yeah.

Very Happy

(Unser Platz, Prinz Pi, Kompass ohne Norden)
Back to top Go down
lasttrain

Contribution Points : 106188
Forum Reputation : 74

PostSubject: Re: Dylan physically harming coworker   Dylan physically harming coworker Icon_minitimeThu Aug 13, 2015 1:14 pm

Gustopoet2 wrote:
lasttrain wrote:

Maybe it seems redundant to say that about a homicidal killer.  But this just proves that neither Eric nor Dylan "snapped" on 4/20.  Their behavior and taunting was a continuation of what both of them had done to many people at the school for years.  

Very interesting. Where is the story?
Back to top Go down
Gustopoet2

Gustopoet2

PostSubject: Re: Dylan physically harming coworker   Dylan physically harming coworker Icon_minitimeThu Aug 13, 2015 1:27 pm

lasttrain wrote:

Very interesting.  Where is the story?

"I think the story that got me the most was the one they told about Halloween of junior year. That night the two of them went up on a roof with a BB gun and took shots at little kids who were trick-or-treating. They said the kids would look around, all confused at what hit them, but because Eric and Dylan were concealed in the darkness of the roof, they never knew. They told about this over lunch, laughing like it was the funniest joke in the world." (p.72)

-- from No Easy Answers by Brooks Brown and Rob Merritt

lol wrote:

Since this happened in their Junior year -- 1998 -- it would have been well within the planning stages of NBK, btw. Only about 6 months away.

Back to top Go down
LPorter101
Top 10 Contributor
LPorter101

Contribution Points : 156849
Forum Reputation : 2814

PostSubject: Re: Dylan physically harming coworker   Dylan physically harming coworker Icon_minitimeThu Aug 13, 2015 1:46 pm

Gustopoet2 wrote:
lasttrain wrote:

"I think the story that got me the most was the one they told about Halloween of junior year. That night the two of them went up on a roof with a BB gun and took shots at little kids who were trick-or-treating. They said the kids would look around, all confused at what hit them, but because Eric and Dylan were concealed in the darkness of the roof, they never knew. They told about this over lunch, laughing like it was the funniest joke in the world." (p.72)

lol wrote:

Since this happened in their Junior year -- 1998 -- it would have been well within the planning stages of NBK, btw. Only about 6 months away.

Their junior year was 1997/98. So this would have been Halloween 1997.
Back to top Go down
Gustopoet2

Gustopoet2

PostSubject: Re: Dylan physically harming coworker   Dylan physically harming coworker Icon_minitimeThu Aug 13, 2015 1:54 pm

LPorter101 wrote:
Gustopoet2 wrote:
lasttrain wrote:

lol wrote:

Their junior year was 1997/98. So this would have been Halloween 1997.

D-oh. You're right. Either way, shooting at the kids definitely seems to be a part of the NBK mind-set they were building up in each other.

Back to top Go down
LPorter101
Top 10 Contributor
LPorter101

Contribution Points : 156849
Forum Reputation : 2814

PostSubject: Re: Dylan physically harming coworker   Dylan physically harming coworker Icon_minitimeThu Aug 13, 2015 2:02 pm

Quote :
D-oh.  You're right. Either way, shooting at the kids definitely seems to be a part of the NBK mind-set they were building up in each other.

Yes.

Quote :
Columbine student Nate Dykeman told police he had witnessed Eric and Dylan detonating a pipe bomb in January of 1998, the same day that the Denver Broncos won the Super Bowl.

The Broncos won the Super Bowl on Sunday, January 25, 1998 - less than a week before the van break-in.
Back to top Go down
meenwhile

Contribution Points : 87361

PostSubject: Re: Dylan physically harming coworker   Dylan physically harming coworker Icon_minitimeThu Aug 13, 2015 5:59 pm

silent

Last edited by meenwhile on Mon Aug 31, 2015 11:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
lol

PostSubject: Re: Dylan physically harming coworker   Dylan physically harming coworker Icon_minitimeThu Aug 13, 2015 9:16 pm

[quote="Gustopoet2"]
lasttrain wrote:

lol wrote:

You must understand that Brooks was intentionally lying to make it seem as if he was closer to them before the massacre happened, when in reality he never spoke to either of them in their junior year, besides Dylan finally speaking to Brooks in March '98 giving him Eric's website (for unknown reasons). Brooks stated that Eric and Dylan laughed and told Brooks about this in their junior year. Again, this doesn't add up in the time line for obvious reasons. Eric had a huge feud with Brooks starting Feb '97 with the snowball incident. They did not speak again after, and did not speak again till Jan '99 when Brooks wanted to bury the hatchet. Brooks did not speak to Eric junior year, so the logical explanation is that It happened in Halloween '96...their sophomore year, which again makes sense because at this point they were rebellious, and already starting their "missions". The missions slowly dyed out by late '97 in their junior year when Zach was slowly abandoning the team to spend more time with Devon.
Back to top Go down
Gustopoet2

Gustopoet2

PostSubject: Re: Dylan physically harming coworker   Dylan physically harming coworker Icon_minitimeThu Aug 13, 2015 9:28 pm

lol wrote:

You must understand that Brooks was intentionally lying to make it seem as if he was closer to them before the massacre happened

No, I think they just told him the Halloween/BB gun story much later after the fact.

meenwhile wrote:
How bad does it hurt to get hit by a BB gun? I've seen small animals die via BB gun... Those kids must have been older (8-12), or crying their flipping heads off.

I think it was also a sawed-off BB gun.

Back to top Go down
Jenn
Forum & Discord Server Owner
Jenn

Contribution Points : 122872
Forum Reputation : 1024

PostSubject: Re: Dylan physically harming coworker   Dylan physically harming coworker Icon_minitimeThu Aug 13, 2015 9:32 pm

meenwhile wrote:
How bad does it hurt to get hit by a BB gun? I've seen small animals die via BB gun... Those kids must have been older (8-12), or crying their flipping heads off.

It's possible for BB's to break the skin. My Aunt adopted a dog once who had a ton of BB's underneath his skin (he was an abused dog). If it would have hit one of the children just right it could hurt them pretty badly. Especially if they were hit some where on the face or near their eyes. Dylan and Eric are lucky that they didn't seriously hurt one of the kids they were shooting at.

Back to top Go down
lol

PostSubject: Re: Dylan physically harming coworker   Dylan physically harming coworker Icon_minitimeThu Aug 13, 2015 9:41 pm

Gustopoet2 wrote:
lol wrote:

You must understand that Brooks was intentionally lying to make it seem as if he was closer to them before the massacre happened

No, I think they just told him the Halloween/BB gun story much later after the fact.

meenwhile wrote:

I think it was also a sawed-off BB gun.
I doubt this. For one thing even after they "made up" Eric, Dylan, and Brooks in their senior year were not close as they were in their 9th and 10th grade year. Also, Brooks specifically said it happened in *junior year*, the same way how he stated that the wind shield incident was Feb '98 in their *junior year*, which is also wrong. Sounds to me he was intentionally lying.
Back to top Go down
Gustopoet2

Gustopoet2

PostSubject: Re: Dylan physically harming coworker   Dylan physically harming coworker Icon_minitimeThu Aug 13, 2015 9:44 pm

lol wrote:

I doubt this. For one thing even after they "made up" Eric, Dylan, and Brooks in their senior year were not close as they were in their 9th and 10th grade year. Also, Brooks specifically said it happened in *junior year*, the same way how he stated that the wind shield incident was Feb '98 in their *junior year*, which is also wrong. Sounds to me he was intentionally lying.

I disagree. I think some of the chronology may be hazy here and there, but I fully believe the BB-gun/Halloween story. Doesn't seem like a made-up story at all.

Back to top Go down
lol

PostSubject: Re: Dylan physically harming coworker   Dylan physically harming coworker Icon_minitimeThu Aug 13, 2015 9:53 pm

Gustopoet2 wrote:
lol wrote:

I disagree. I think some of the chronology may be hazy here and there, but I fully believe the BB-gun/Halloween story. Doesn't seem like a made-up story at all.
I don't believe he made it up. I just believe he messed up the dates...purposely though. I believe the Halloween incident happened in their sophomore year ('96) when they were all real good friends, and still close to each other. The windshield incident happened in Feb '97...but Brooks states in his book it was Feb '98

Personally, I really think he is deliberately lying with the dates. Besides his timeline wouldn't match. Why would Eric be at the bus stop in Feb '98, if he received his license in May '97, and Dylan received his in October '97.
Back to top Go down
WendlaBergman

Contribution Points : 93999

PostSubject: Re: Dylan physically harming coworker   Dylan physically harming coworker Icon_minitimeThu Aug 13, 2015 10:48 pm

lol wrote:
Gustopoet2 wrote:
lol wrote:

I don't believe he made it up. I just believe he messed up the dates...purposely though. I believe the Halloween incident happened in their sophomore year ('96) when they were all real good friends, and still close to each other. The windshield incident happened in Feb '97...but Brooks states in his book it was Feb '98

Personally, I really think he is deliberately lying with the dates. Besides his timeline wouldn't match. Why would Eric be at the bus stop in Feb '98, if he received his license in May '97, and Dylan received his in October '97.

Eric and Dylan broke into the van on January 30th, 1998. It would not surprise me if Eric's parents suspended his driving privileges for a month or longer because of the incident.
Back to top Go down
PaintItBlack

PaintItBlack

Contribution Points : 100566
Forum Reputation : 52

PostSubject: Re: Dylan physically harming coworker   Dylan physically harming coworker Icon_minitimeFri Aug 14, 2015 3:29 am

If I am remembering right didn't this girl continue to hang out with E &D socially at work after this happened?
I think her Dad or Stepdad was some kind of a n explosive experts and involved with fireworks somehow? Or am I thinking of someone else?

We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus; That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing.-Charles Bukowski
Back to top Go down
eli27

eli27

PostSubject: Re: Dylan physically harming coworker   Dylan physically harming coworker Icon_minitimeFri Aug 14, 2015 4:30 am

WendlaBergman wrote:
lol wrote:
Gustopoet2 wrote:
lol wrote:

Eric and Dylan broke into the van on January 30th, 1998. It would not surprise me if Eric's parents suspended his driving privileges for a month or longer because of the incident.

Eric was grounded for 2 months after the van break in, so it would make sense that his car was taken for that period too.

Gustopoet2

PostSubject: Re: Dylan physically harming coworker   Dylan physically harming coworker Icon_minitimeFri Aug 14, 2015 2:07 pm

Jenn wrote:

It's possible for BB's to break the skin. My Aunt adopted a dog once who had a ton of BB's underneath his skin (he was an abused dog). If it would have hit one of the children just right it could hurt them pretty badly. Especially if they were hit some where on the face or near their eyes. Dylan and Eric are lucky that they didn't seriously hurt one of the kids they were shooting at.

That is just a horrible story about the dog. Glad your aunt rescued the poor thing.

Believe it or not you can kill someone with a BB gun:

"As of 1995, the CDC stated, “3.2 million nonpowder guns are sold in the United States each year; 80% of these have muzzle velocities greater than 350 feet per second and 50% have velocities from 500 fps to 930 fps…  At close range, projectiles from many BB and pellet guns, especially those with velocities greater than 350 fps, can cause tissue damage similar to that inflicted by powder-charged bullets fired from low-velocity conventional firearms. Injuries associated with use of these guns can result in permanent disability or death.”

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

They would not have been at close range when they were shooting at the little kids. But still...

Back to top Go down
Sabratha

Sabratha

Contribution Points : 102406
Forum Reputation : 440

PostSubject: Re: Dylan physically harming coworker   Dylan physically harming coworker Icon_minitimeFri Aug 14, 2015 4:17 pm

I think its entirely possible. Not sure how much it was a "punch in the face", I assume he rather puched her or slapped her on the arm, but still, it wont surprise me.

"Bullet Time" - a school shooting film from Poland
Back to top Go down
meenwhile

PostSubject: Re: Dylan physically harming coworker   Dylan physically harming coworker Icon_minitimeFri Aug 14, 2015 5:10 pm

silent

Last edited by meenwhile on Mon Aug 31, 2015 11:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
lol

PostSubject: Re: Dylan physically harming coworker   Dylan physically harming coworker Icon_minitimeFri Aug 14, 2015 10:54 pm

No. Brooks was lying

The windshield incident happened Feb '97, in their 10th grade year. Brooks did not speak to Eric all 11th grade. We know this happened Feb '97 because Wayne Harris journal confirmed the date in his journal, and the windshield incident marked it on Feb 28, 1997. Not 1998
Back to top Go down
PaintItBlack

PaintItBlack

Contribution Points : 100566
Forum Reputation : 52

PostSubject: Re: Dylan physically harming coworker   Dylan physically harming coworker Icon_minitimeSat Aug 15, 2015 1:12 am

Didn't this girl continue to hang out with E &D socially at work after this? If I am thinking of the right one?

We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus; That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing.-Charles Bukowski
Back to top Go down
Gustopoet2

Gustopoet2

PostSubject: Re: Dylan physically harming coworker   Dylan physically harming coworker Icon_minitimeSat Aug 15, 2015 5:17 pm

lol wrote:
No. Brooks was lying

The windshield incident happened Feb '97, in their 10th grade year. Brooks did not speak to Eric all 11th grade. We know this happened Feb '97 because Wayne Harris journal confirmed the date in his journal, and the windshield incident marked it on Feb 28, 1997. Not 1998

So you are saying Brooks lied to make it seem like he was closer to Eric than he actually was? Not that he was simply mistaken...

Back to top Go down
meenwhile

PostSubject: Re: Dylan physically harming coworker   Dylan physically harming coworker Icon_minitimeSat Aug 15, 2015 6:50 pm

silent

Last edited by meenwhile on Mon Aug 31, 2015 11:23 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Gustopoet2

Gustopoet2

PostSubject: Re: Dylan physically harming coworker   Dylan physically harming coworker Icon_minitimeSat Aug 15, 2015 9:18 pm

The Browns reported Eric's website to the police in March of 1998. That seems to support Brooks's version.

Back to top Go down
lol

PostSubject: Re: Dylan physically harming coworker   Dylan physically harming coworker Icon_minitimeSun Aug 16, 2015 7:18 am

No, it did not. Wayne's journal started Feb 28, 1997.

Wayne clearly writes about Eric's vandalism that was in 10th grade. Eric on his website wrote about in his missions that they egged Nick Baumgart's house + glued the door locks or door I believe which was in 1997...around jan-march. Wayne in his journal spoke to Nicks mom, and she said the same thing that Eric did + add that Zach Heckler was involved. Wayne spoke with his mom also. Clearly this is their 10th grade year.

Zach was not close to Eric in 1998 as he wasa year prior. The timeline doesnt fit. After Zach meant Devon in the summer of 1997 he didnt hang out with Eric and Dylan as much, also Zach kept out of trouble after the computer hacking incident in October 97.

Wayne's journal started from the windshield incident in Feb 97, and I believe he stopped writing in April. He didnt write again in his journal until Eric's van incident that occurred in January 98

Brooks is lying because he is a known liar, and that book was written only a few years after the massacre. It sounds to me he's trying to sound as if he was closer to Eric than he actually was. He did not speak to Eric in their junior year.
Back to top Go down
lol

PostSubject: Re: Dylan physically harming coworker   Dylan physically harming coworker Icon_minitimeSun Aug 16, 2015 7:24 am

Also if you read acolumbines website from Wayne's journal it is in chronological order. It starts in Feb 28 '97, and if you keep clicking next his last entry of that year is in April 29 '97. If you look at the next entry it's Jan 29, 1998.

Brooks either was intentionally lying, or forgot, but I lean on the former.
Back to top Go down
lol

PostSubject: Re: Dylan physically harming coworker   Dylan physically harming coworker Icon_minitimeSun Aug 16, 2015 7:30 am

One more thing to add since I cant edit while on mobile. It is stated that Aaron Brown in August 1997 made an anonymous report of Eric's website to the Sheriff's office, which again questions Brooks by stating Dylan giving him Eric's website in March 98. It doesnt make sense if Brooks already knew of the website by August 1997 since it was reported by his own brother, and sheriff's officer came by and spoke to the family.
Back to top Go down
Sabratha

Sabratha

PostSubject: Re: Dylan physically harming coworker   Dylan physically harming coworker Icon_minitimeSun Aug 16, 2015 11:22 am

Thanks lol, always good interesting information from you. Great job.

This all does put Brown in a bad light then. Knowing this makes me much more suspicious of some of his other statements and in general makes me rank his book much lower than I used to. Now I'm starting to think its actually quite bad as a source.

Also, was Brooks one of the people who was interviewd by Larkin? I remember someone here at the forums was able to identify some of the interviewees (one was Devon Adams iirc). Any help on finding out if Brooks is in Larkin's interviews and if so, whcih one is it?

Back to top Go down
Draw_It_White

Draw_It_White

Contribution Points : 102018
Forum Reputation : 154

PostSubject: Re: Dylan physically harming coworker   Dylan physically harming coworker Icon_minitimeSun Aug 16, 2015 11:50 am

I always found Randy to be good to clarify some of the things Brooks stated that don't quite add up.

Get in touch with him, he's always been happy to answer any questions I've had for him.
Back to top Go down
Gustopoet2

Gustopoet2

PostSubject: Re: Dylan physically harming coworker   Dylan physically harming coworker Icon_minitimeSun Aug 16, 2015 12:16 pm

lol wrote:
Also if you read acolumbines website from Wayne's journal it is in chronological order. It starts in Feb 28 '97, and if you keep clicking next his last entry of that year is in April 29 '97. If you look at the next entry it's Jan 29, 1998.

Brooks either was intentionally lying, or forgot, but I lean on the former.

Hold on -- everything I've read says that the Browns reported Eric's website in 1998. Please provide a source for your assertion that they reported Eric 1997.

Also, I don't think there is any evidence that Brooks is intentionally lying to make himself seem closer to Eric. He went to lunch with Eric and Dylan the day before the attack. So he was evidently close enough to them....

Back to top Go down
lol

PostSubject: Re: Dylan physically harming coworker   Dylan physically harming coworker Icon_minitimeSun Aug 16, 2015 10:04 pm

Thanks, Sabratha.

Also, gusto I digged it up via the 11K. I'll try and find the exact page to give you an exact source, but here's one,
"A “concerned citizen” reveals the Eric Harris web site to Deputy Mike Burgess, who
refers the report (the directed report) to Investigator John Hicks."

Jeff Kass also referenced this in his book,
On August 7, 1997 "Brooks Brown’s younger brother, Aaron, walked into the Jefferson County sheriff’s substation and reported Eric Harris’ website to Deputy Michael Burgess. Burgess later wrote that the tipster was an anonymous, “concerned citizen,” but Aaron apparently gave Burgess his address. Within forty-five minutes, Burgess requested that an officer be dispatched to the Browns’ house. Deputy Dennis Huner met with one or both of Aaron’s parents and left the house at 1:40 p.m. with seven web pages, recounting the night missions and Eric’s many rants. Huner gave the pages to Burgess at the station, and Burgess wrote a cover sheet indicating that “Dillon Klebled” was one of Harris’ followers. He then sent it to investigator John Hicks, who filed it away and never looked at it again."

I really do question Dylan giving Brooks Eric's website. Brooks, and his family already knew about the summer prior. Also, the way he made it seem as if he was dumbfounded when he saw Eric's website after Dylan supposedly gave him a note doesn't make much sense; again assuming he already knew this in the summer of '97. Look I'm not here to diss out Brooks. He dealt with a lot of shit from the corruption of Jeffco blaming him, and his family, along with being seen as a possible 3rd shooter. I think he has a lot of good information about the killers but him apparently "forgetting" that the windshield incident happened in their 10th grade year, not 11th grade year made it seem odd, along with overdramatically calling Eric and Dylan "the losers of the losers, and the bottom of the entire school". This is clearly not the case. He also stated on reddit that he went to Dylan's funeral. No he did not. He went to Rachel's funeral. He contradicts himself time, and time again.

While we can look to him for some information just remember he's not 100%, and kids at CHS weren't lying when they called him a compulsive liar.
Back to top Go down
Gustopoet2

Gustopoet2

PostSubject: Re: Dylan physically harming coworker   Dylan physically harming coworker Icon_minitimeMon Aug 17, 2015 1:01 am

lol wrote:

Also, gusto I digged it up via the 11K....Jeff Kass also referenced this in his book,

Nice catch, lol. Thank you so much for this information. Hmmm.  study

lol wrote:

I really do question Dylan giving Brooks Eric's website. Brooks, and his family already knew about the summer prior. Also, the way he made it seem as if he was dumbfounded when he saw Eric's website after Dylan supposedly gave him a note doesn't make much sense; again assuming he already knew this in the summer of '97.

Very interesting. How do you think Aaron or Brooks originally found out about the website?

lol wrote:
Look I'm not here to diss out Brooks. He dealt with a lot of shit from the corruption of Jeffco blaming him, and his family, along with being seen as a possible 3rd shooter. I think he has a lot of good information about the killers but him apparently "forgetting" that the windshield incident happened in their 10th grade year, not 11th grade year made it seem odd,

Agree. It is odd.

lol wrote:
 along with overdramatically calling Eric and Dylan "the losers of the losers, and the bottom of the entire school". This is clearly not the case. He also stated on reddit that he went to Dylan's funeral. No he did not. He went to Rachel's funeral. He contradicts himself time, and time again.

He does seem to be a chronic exaggerator if nothing else.

lol wrote:

While we can look to him for some information just remember he's not 100%, and kids at CHS weren't lying when they called him a compulsive liar.

That's true. Brooks is a witness to the events, not an authority on them. That's true for any of the various witnesses, of course. You have to use good judgement when evaluating sources. Thanks for pointing all of this out and for providing the sources. Smile

Back to top Go down
Sabratha

Sabratha

PostSubject: Re: Dylan physically harming coworker   Dylan physically harming coworker Icon_minitimeMon Aug 17, 2015 7:41 am

If there's something I'd trust Kass strongly with, its local events, local news and Jeffco chronology. Kass delt with Jeffco himself and was busy with that. I'd believe him over Brooks in this case.

I agree with Gusto - Brown is not so much a liar, as an exaggerator and he tends to bend or manipulate facts rather than make them up out of thin air. I think we can all agree that he overstated how well he know E&D during HS years (especially past freshman year) and that he downplayed the lenght and the way in which his feud with Eric went.

Also... if the windshield event took place in 1997, then there were no pipebombs in Eric's pack. I don't think he was making them that early on.

Back to top Go down
queenfarooq

Contribution Points : 106387
Forum Reputation : 10

PostSubject: Re: Dylan physically harming coworker   Dylan physically harming coworker Icon_minitimeMon Aug 17, 2015 1:09 pm

rebdomine91 wrote:
In the 11k report, there is a part that talks about Dylan hitting one of his female coworkers at Blackjack during an argument. What are everyone's thoughts on this? Do you believe that it happened or do you think the story was exaggerated?

We touched on this topic here also when discussing 'Dylan's Meltdowns' which some may find interesting: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I posted the following in that thread about the hitting incident:
Quote :
It wasn't his manager, it was a co-worker (i assume a supervisor) who claimed that this happened. She worked at the store between September 96 - March 99.

M.H "described Dylan as a difficult person who was often rude. She said that he hit her once because she had counseled him on an infraction at work." pg(10150) She describes E/D as "good friends" and appears to know quite a bit about them. M.H only seems to have been interviewed over two pages pg(10150 - 1) and the information she provided is recorded in a numbered list. She does not elaborate on the hitting incident any further.

If indeed he did "hit" his co-worker it is quite shocking that he would not have been at the very least reprimanded for it. However Blackjack employees seemed to be aware of many other questionable incidents that E/D were involved in at the store and neither got fired for it. It doesn't sound to me like Blackjack was that much of a serious working environment.
This incident could have happened when B.Kirgis was the manager:
"Kirgis admitted to this reporting supervisor that he is an alcoholic, and at times he drank at work, and left Harris in charge while he left the store for any reason." pg(10170) It was also reported Kirgis allowed E/D to play Doom at work. pg(10154) Also " Johnson stated that he had seen cocaine and marijuana at the Pizza store, while he had been working there. He stated that Kirgis seemed to be the person who brought the drugs into the store. He also said Kirgis told him that Harris and Klebold had set off a pipe bomb at the store." pg(10156)
If the hitting incident occurred around this time it's not really surprising nothing was done about it or that it wasn't reported. Perhaps M.H didn't feel anything would be done if she did report the incident. There could be many other reasons why she didn't report the incident. Likewise the reason Dylan did not get fired could have possibly been that nobody else knew.

Not that there is any excuse for this behavior, but i wonder what she meant by "hit," i only say that as i have seen others claim that Dylan slapped her across the face in the middle of the shop which just seems like an exaggerated account of what this girl actually said. It's unacceptable either way but i do wonder what the nature of the "hit" was.

(I had a brief glace at the Master Index and M.H does not seem to have been interviewed elsewhere in the documents).
There is another female interviewed in the "Tips" section with the same surname pg(13230) who says her bother and sister worked at Blackjack and they have both been interviewed. At a guess i would say this is M.H's sister, however she does not comment on the hitting and there seems to be no interview for the brother recorded in the Master Index. You'd think the brother may have had something to say if his sister had been "hit" by another guy at work. If anyone does find his interview anywhere it would be interesting to see if he mentions it, i only checked on the Master Index and there was no male with the same family surname, but of course he could have had a different surname.
Back to top Go down
Gustopoet2

Gustopoet2

PostSubject: Re: Dylan physically harming coworker   Dylan physically harming coworker Icon_minitimeMon Aug 17, 2015 2:17 pm

queenfarooq wrote:

We touched on this topic here also when discussing 'Dylan's Meltdowns' which some may find interesting: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I posted the following in that thread about the hitting incident

Thanks for this info!

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dylan physically harming coworker   Dylan physically harming coworker Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dylan physically harming coworker
Page 1 of 1