Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

What Dylan saw each day

Go down 
+5
shades
Kiwik
aquillina
Spac3case
PaintItBlack
9 posters
AuthorMessage
PaintItBlack

PaintItBlack

Contribution Points : 100566
Forum Reputation : 52

What Dylan saw each day Empty
PostSubject: What Dylan saw each day   What Dylan saw each day Icon_minitimeMon Sep 05, 2016 11:20 pm

These amazing pictures were kindly posted by tumblr user everlasting- contrast from her recent visit of about a month ago.
Very heartbreaking but interesting to see what he saw each day.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus; That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing.-Charles Bukowski

anna444 likes this post

Back to top Go down
Spac3case

Spac3case

Contribution Points : 73926
Forum Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: What Dylan saw each day   What Dylan saw each day Icon_minitimeMon Sep 05, 2016 11:53 pm

Is this the lonely highway or were Dylan lived?
Back to top Go down
PaintItBlack

PaintItBlack

PostSubject: Re: What Dylan saw each day   What Dylan saw each day Icon_minitimeMon Sep 05, 2016 11:57 pm

It's Dylan's house, the gate to the driveway, a barn that's across the street from his home.
Things he would have seen almost every day for the last 9 1/2 yrs of his life.

We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus; That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing.-Charles Bukowski
Back to top Go down
Spac3case

Spac3case

PostSubject: Re: What Dylan saw each day   What Dylan saw each day Icon_minitimeTue Sep 06, 2016 12:01 am

wow. surprsing. just about the opposite of what i pictured.
ive always pictured suburbia and how smothering it can be.
this is open and free for the most part. I am sure he saw something different.
Back to top Go down
aquillina

Contribution Points : 77373

PostSubject: Re: What Dylan saw each day   What Dylan saw each day Icon_minitimeTue Sep 06, 2016 12:09 am

I just google earthed this address and the pool looks very green. Is Tom still living there? Is anyone living in there right now in fact?

PaintItBlack

PostSubject: Re: What Dylan saw each day   What Dylan saw each day Icon_minitimeTue Sep 06, 2016 12:32 am

aquillina wrote:
I just google earthed this address and the pool looks very green. Is Tom still living there? Is anyone living in there right now in fact?

aquillina,
Tom apparently still lives there but I have no idea if he lives alone or not.

Back to top Go down
Kiwik

Kiwik

Contribution Points : 78176
Forum Reputation : 25

PostSubject: Re: What Dylan saw each day   What Dylan saw each day Icon_minitimeTue Sep 06, 2016 12:41 am

Wow that's one amazing house on an amazing property... What a cool looking area. Dylan was privileged to have that as his view. I bet it sucks there in the winter though!

And [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], Eric's neighborhood had more of that suburbia look you're refering to.

anna444 likes this post

Back to top Go down
shades

shades

Contribution Points : 83967
Forum Reputation : 63

PostSubject: Re: What Dylan saw each day   What Dylan saw each day Icon_minitimeTue Sep 06, 2016 12:47 am

It's like many times I want to say that Dylan was actually pretty lucky, privileged, he had a good home and caring parents, good friends, he was smart, he's better than I am, but I ought to remember that Dylan had depression, he was slightly sick in the head and with depression it doesn't matter what you may have and if you grew up normal and healthy. Being ill is ill and you'll always have a grey cloud over your head.

anna444 likes this post

Back to top Go down
shades

shades

PostSubject: Re: What Dylan saw each day   What Dylan saw each day Icon_minitimeTue Sep 06, 2016 12:53 am

This is a genuine question. Does anyone think those pictures are slightly stalker bait?

PostSubject: Re: What Dylan saw each day   What Dylan saw each day Icon_minitimeTue Sep 06, 2016 1:01 am

ultraviolencelv wrote:
It's like many times I want to say that Dylan was actually pretty lucky, privileged, he had a good home and caring parents, good friends, he was smart, he's better than I am, but I ought to remember that Dylan had depression, he was slightly sick in the head and with depression it doesn't matter what you may have and if you grew up normal and healthy. Being ill is ill and you'll always have a grey cloud over your head.
Besides his depression, the one thing he desired more than anything else was a special girl.

PaintItBlack

PostSubject: Re: What Dylan saw each day   What Dylan saw each day Icon_minitimeTue Sep 06, 2016 1:44 am

ultraviolencelv wrote:
This is a genuine question. Does anyone think those pictures are slightly stalker bait?

I don't think so because his address has been publicly known since not long after the shooting and now you can look it up on google earth.
I don't think the pictures show anything that someone driving by couldn't see.

Back to top Go down
Spac3case

Spac3case

PostSubject: Re: What Dylan saw each day   What Dylan saw each day Icon_minitimeTue Sep 06, 2016 1:58 am

I think Dylan and many many others might be evidence that things dont equal happiness. Really everyone in the US should be grateful but few of us are. I speak for myself on this as well, i have things, a loving mom, a dog, a home and yet sometimes I am convinced that I am going to die alone. When i become convinced all of a sudden nothing matters except for how small I feel.

Its not a fact I have to tell myself, its just a feeling and it will pass. It always does; sometimes quickly sometimes slowly.

Things do not equal happiness.
Back to top Go down
Lizpuff

Lizpuff

Contribution Points : 100174
Forum Reputation : 1190

PostSubject: Re: What Dylan saw each day   What Dylan saw each day Icon_minitimeTue Sep 06, 2016 8:27 am

Colorado really is gorgeous. PP are right. When you are depressed there is a dark cloud everywhere.

PaintItBlack

PaintItBlack

PostSubject: Re: What Dylan saw each day   What Dylan saw each day Icon_minitimeTue Sep 06, 2016 9:21 pm

Spac3case wrote:
  I think Dylan and many many others might be evidence that things dont equal happiness.  Really everyone in the US should be grateful but few of us are. I speak for myself on this as well, i have things, a loving mom, a dog, a home and yet sometimes I am convinced that I am going to die alone.  When i become convinced all of a sudden nothing matters except for how small I feel.

Its not a fact I have to tell myself, its just a feeling and it will pass.  It always does; sometimes quickly sometimes slowly.

Things do not equal happiness.

I think money can equal a certain kind of happiness as it makes life so much easier and gives you a lot of choices.
If Dylan would have given himself a chance to live,to get help and to mature,I think someday he would have appreciated living in such a nice, spacious house and such a stunning piece of property.
Even if you don't care for the house or its not your taste, the property with all those beautiful rocks is pretty eye-catching.

anna444 likes this post

Back to top Go down
PaintItBlack

PaintItBlack

PostSubject: Re: What Dylan saw each day   What Dylan saw each day Icon_minitimeTue Sep 06, 2016 9:29 pm

Does anyone think the house has had some work since Dylan's time?
It looks newer to me,spiffed up somehow since Dylan's time.
Sue said in her book that before he died there was still a lot of work they wanted to do on it.
Of course his death would have pushed that back for many years.

Back to top Go down
shades

shades

PostSubject: Re: What Dylan saw each day   What Dylan saw each day Icon_minitimeWed Sep 07, 2016 12:22 am

I'm not sure but I know I would be so peaceful and at ease living at gorgeous place like that. But who knows maybe such gorgeous isolation like that may have made feel Dylan more alone and away from everyone else.

Moonshadow

Contribution Points : 75881

PostSubject: Re: What Dylan saw each day   What Dylan saw each day Icon_minitimeThu Sep 08, 2016 4:19 pm

They say that there is always some work to do on such a big house. So I assume it does not look accurately the same as when Dylan was alive.

Yeah, depression can occur even if one has everything that most people can only dream about. Depression is mostly not about sadness or being unsatisfied, but being unable to feel happy about things.

Yes, a beautiful but rather isolated place. It might add something to Dylan's loneliness. Don't know.

(Similarly, I wonder if having a bedroom in the basement added to Eric's "dark" aggression. Looking out of the window and seeing only the wall or something... might not be too healthy. Or, am I just combining?)
Back to top Go down
Lizpuff

Lizpuff

PostSubject: Re: What Dylan saw each day   What Dylan saw each day Icon_minitimeThu Sep 08, 2016 4:27 pm

Moonshadow wrote:
They say that there is always some work to do on such a big house. So I assume it does not look accurately the same as when Dylan was alive.

Yeah, depression can occur even if one has everything that most people can only dream about. Depression is mostly not about sadness or being unsatisfied, but being unable to feel happy about things.

Yes, a beautiful but rather isolated place. It might add something to Dylan's loneliness. Don't know.

(Similarly, I wonder if having a bedroom in the basement added to Eric's "dark" aggression. Looking out of the window and seeing only the wall or something... might not be too healthy. Or, am I just combining?)

The Klebolds did mention that they felt because of how remote their home was that Dylan was not raised around many other kids. And that the area did not provide many different kinds of people (I would imagine referring to races perhaps). I lived similarly as a child. I had a brother that was 4 years younger but no other kids around. I frequently felt lonely
Back to top Go down
aquillina

PostSubject: Re: What Dylan saw each day   What Dylan saw each day Icon_minitimeThu Sep 08, 2016 4:29 pm

Did Eric wanted his bedroom at the basement or was it just give to him?

Dylan's house was beautiful in such a wonderful setting. I can't help but wonder if having to be so isolated from the community did make him feel more depressed. Poor guy.

Lizpuff

PostSubject: Re: What Dylan saw each day   What Dylan saw each day Icon_minitimeThu Sep 08, 2016 4:41 pm

aquillina wrote:
Did Eric wanted his bedroom at the basement or was it just give to him?

Dylan's house was beautiful in such a wonderful setting. I can't help but wonder if having to be so isolated from the community did make him feel more depressed. Poor guy.

It has never been said. But there was a bedroom upstairs being used as an office so I bet Eric picked the basement for more privacy
Back to top Go down
shades

shades

PostSubject: Re: What Dylan saw each day   What Dylan saw each day Icon_minitimeThu Sep 08, 2016 5:43 pm

Dylan's home with a structure such as that is perfect for say, an artist or someone who's retired with three dogs and you voluntary want to be in peaceful isolation. I'm starting to agree with initial thought along with everyone's opinions that this might not have been a good thing for Dylan; it was quite isolating and it certainly doesn't help the way he was feeling in his head, leaving him to feel more alone.
As for Eric, I'm just going to assume it was a voluntary choice to be in the basement and I'm not so sure that a change of scenery would have helped him. He was always screaming in his head. I mean look at the way he writes entry after entry just raging. I think if you put him at where Dylan was he'd just complain about the birds chirping too much and he's sick of looking at nothing but blue ass sky.

Contribution Points : 87612
Forum Reputation : 773

PostSubject: Re: What Dylan saw each day   What Dylan saw each day Icon_minitimeThu Sep 08, 2016 7:22 pm

ultraviolencelv wrote:
I think if you put him at where Dylan was he'd just complain about the birds chirping too much and he's sick of looking at nothing but blue ass sky.
Laughing This sounds like Eric.
Back to top Go down
Kiwik

Kiwik

Contribution Points : 78176
Forum Reputation : 25

PostSubject: Re: What Dylan saw each day   What Dylan saw each day Icon_minitimeFri Sep 09, 2016 7:22 pm

ultraviolencelv wrote:
Dylan's home with a structure such as that is perfect for say, an artist or someone who's retired with three dogs and you voluntary want to be in peaceful isolation. I'm starting to agree with initial thought along with everyone's opinions that this might not have been a good thing for Dylan; it was quite isolating and it certainly doesn't help the way he was feeling in his head, leaving him to feel more alone.
As for Eric, I'm just going to assume it was a voluntary choice to be in the basement and I'm not so sure that a change of scenery would have helped him. He was always screaming in his head. I mean look at the way he writes entry after entry just raging. I think if you put him at where Dylan was he'd just complain about the birds chirping too much and he's sick of looking at nothing but blue ass sky.

Wasn't Eric the one who appreciated nature though? Didn't he write a paper for one of his classes about going fishing with his dad and how he appreciated the quiet and the natural surroundings, and being angry with people who take things like that for granted or something? I read it a while back so I can't remember where I found this info. But he seemed to welcome isolation. I feel like he would appreciate a location like where Dylan lived more than the subdivision he lived in.

I think with Dylan though, since the house and property belonged to his parents and not him, he probably associated it with the restricted freedom that comes with being a minor and living with your parents. And seeing the same thing every day would probably get old regardless of how nice it is. I do feel that he had a slight ungrateful attitude towards the privileges he had, but I take his age and his level of depression into consideration as well.
Back to top Go down
Lizpuff

Lizpuff

PostSubject: Re: What Dylan saw each day   What Dylan saw each day Icon_minitimeFri Sep 09, 2016 8:10 pm

Kiwik wrote:
ultraviolencelv wrote:

Wasn't Eric the one who appreciated nature though? Didn't he write a paper for one of his classes about going fishing with his dad and how he appreciated the quiet and the natural surroundings, and being angry with people who take things like that for granted or something? I read it a while back so I can't remember where I found this info. But he seemed to welcome isolation. I feel like he would appreciate a location like where Dylan lived more than the subdivision he lived in.

I think with Dylan though, since the house and property belonged to his parents and not him, he probably associated it with the restricted freedom that comes with being a minor and living with your parents. And seeing the same thing every day would probably get old regardless of how nice it is. I do feel that he had a slight ungrateful attitude towards the privileges he had, but I take his age and his level of depression into consideration as well.

The fishing story has been attributed to Dylan but it is somewhat contested if he actually wrote it
Back to top Go down
shades

shades

PostSubject: Re: What Dylan saw each day   What Dylan saw each day Icon_minitimeSat Sep 10, 2016 6:00 am

I don't know what this fishing story is. I may be wrong. Maybe it wasn't the nature but the fact he was actually with his dad. Eric appreciated each day he went out with his dad and wrote about it greatly.

thenight_watchman

Contribution Points : 69272

PostSubject: Re: What Dylan saw each day   What Dylan saw each day Icon_minitimeSat Mar 11, 2017 11:11 am

I've never seen much more than the pictures above and any of the pictures already shown of the property, but what does it consist of? From this forum thread, I just learned there's a pool. And I know about the other house they rented out. What else is the home/property like and have?

PostSubject: Re: What Dylan saw each day   What Dylan saw each day Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What Dylan saw each day
Page 1 of 1