Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

"Normal" HS Things E/D Did, but You Did Not...

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
HuskerStorm

Contribution Points : 79550
Forum Reputation : 0

"Normal" HS Things E/D Did, but You Did Not... Empty
PostSubject: "Normal" HS Things E/D Did, but You Did Not...   "Normal" HS Things E/D Did, but You Did Not... Icon_minitimeThu Aug 27, 2015 8:54 pm

I was visiting a thread on here, which led to another page and I think E/Ds Senior Photos were shown. For whatever reason, I found that fascinating. It is a common HS thing to do for students to do, but these aren't common students in what they ultimately did. It just struck me that they would even do this.

I actually did not have mine taken, and it made me wonder about other typical/normal HS type things you know they did...and you didn't.
Back to top Go down
browneyes11

browneyes11

Contribution Points : 84919
Forum Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: "Normal" HS Things E/D Did, but You Did Not...   "Normal" HS Things E/D Did, but You Did Not... Icon_minitimeThu Aug 27, 2015 9:07 pm

I feel like they only had their Senior photos taken to please their parents
Notice how they are dressed a little nicer than in their previous high school yearbook photos

To experience life after death, in solitude, in compassion, in love.-
Back to top Go down
LPorter101
Top 10 Contributor
LPorter101

Contribution Points : 151510
Forum Reputation : 2754

PostSubject: Re: "Normal" HS Things E/D Did, but You Did Not...   "Normal" HS Things E/D Did, but You Did Not... Icon_minitimeFri Aug 28, 2015 4:18 am

I looked awful in my senior pictures, as I did in nearly all of the pictures I took in high school. I never want to look at them again.

Eric and Dylan's lives were a lot more "normal" than mine. They had a lot more freedom than I ever did.

My mother was controlling and domineering. She never let me go anywhere without her. When I was 18, she treated me the way a normal mother might treat a five-year-old - she didn't even let me go into the backyard without permission. I never rebelled against her - I thought, "This is the way things are, and there's nothing I can do about it."

I sometimes wonder if my not having had freedom was a good thing. I now think it might have been. I was so fat and awkward and weird that, if I'd tried to live a normal life, I would have been roasted alive by the other kids.

Even though I never spoke to any girls, some of them went out of their way to let me know that I was not the kind of guy who was allowed even to look at them, let alone to talk to them. If I had gone around the school trying to get dates, I would have been crushed by the constant rejections.

The way I got through school was to say, "This is a job and a formality, nothing more; the other kids are bugs crawling on the floor and I don't need to worry about them." I buried myself in my hobbies and interests.

I ignored the other kids nearly all of the time, and they ignored me. In the end, that was a blessing.

PostSubject: Re: "Normal" HS Things E/D Did, but You Did Not...   "Normal" HS Things E/D Did, but You Did Not... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

"Normal" HS Things E/D Did, but You Did Not...
Page 1 of 1