Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Did Eric and Dylan wear masks?

Go down 
+2
queenfarooq
Archvile
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Archvile

Archvile

Contribution Points : 79711
Forum Reputation : 18

Did Eric and Dylan wear masks? Empty
PostSubject: Did Eric and Dylan wear masks?   Did Eric and Dylan wear masks? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 11, 2015 12:24 am

This is something that's not part of any official document, but early on, a lot of witnesses did tell the media that Eric and Dylan were wearing balaclava/ski masks, there is also what appears to be a mask next to Eric's duster outside and not to mention Eric did write about wearing masks on his website. I would really like to know more about this. I don't think that they did, so I wonder where all this information came from on the media.

Also the other question I have is, why do you think Dylan wore his hat during the massacre? was it to hold back his hair from going over his face? or maybe there was a emergency bullet hidden inside, or maybe that hat was like his symbol and he had worn it all of his life and wouldn't dream of leaving it behind that day.
Back to top Go down
queenfarooq

Contribution Points : 102362
Forum Reputation : 10

PostSubject: Re: Did Eric and Dylan wear masks?   Did Eric and Dylan wear masks? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 11, 2015 5:19 am

Many witnesses report seeing a shooter wearing a mask / balaclava in the official documents. I'm just about to head out so I may be able to expand on this a little later.
We touched on the topic of Eric's mask here very briefly:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

There's also some more detailed discussion about a mask here also which is relevant to this thread and you may find interesting:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
radaddio

Contribution Points : 83390
Forum Reputation : 10

PostSubject: Re: Did Eric and Dylan wear masks?   Did Eric and Dylan wear masks? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 11, 2015 9:08 am

I thought he wore it up the stairs, and then ditched it right before, or right after the first shot.

Also, the student reports of masked gunmen were most likely parroted accounts of the news reports coming out that day. Studies have shown it's relatively easy to poison someone's recollection of events with a guided statement. You say the gunman had a dark blue coat on, and the witness adjusts their memory accordingly.
Back to top Go down
Fatheroftwo

Contribution Points : 83238
Forum Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: Did Eric and Dylan wear masks?   Did Eric and Dylan wear masks? Icon_minitimeSat Sep 12, 2015 2:54 pm

radaddio wrote:
I thought he wore it up the stairs, and then ditched it right before, or right after the first shot.

Also, the student reports of masked gunmen were most likely parroted accounts of the news reports coming out that day. Studies have shown it's relatively easy to poison someone's recollection of events with a guided statement. You say the gunman had a dark blue coat on, and the witness adjusts their memory accordingly.

Attorneys & investigators use this as a strategy often.. forget the term, but they cast a favorable concept or event & in hopes it becomes fact in the minds of others. Explains of lot of the confusing & conspiracy driven inaccuracies we have so much fun tracking in our personal research of 4/20.
Back to top Go down
eli27

eli27

Contribution Points : 83557
Forum Reputation : 135

PostSubject: Re: Did Eric and Dylan wear masks?   Did Eric and Dylan wear masks? Icon_minitimeSat Sep 12, 2015 3:46 pm

It doesn't seem to make sense that they would wear masks during the shooting. Eric was out to get those who wronged him, and to show that he was the strongest/the best - it wouldn't be so personal, and they may not have even known it was him had he been wearing a mask, seems counterproductive to me. I'm not sure I'm on board with this theory.

Contribution Points : 102747
Forum Reputation : 325

PostSubject: Re: Did Eric and Dylan wear masks?   Did Eric and Dylan wear masks? Icon_minitimeSat Sep 12, 2015 9:33 pm

Not sure if they wore it, but Eric did have one.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

anna444 likes this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Did Eric and Dylan wear masks?   Did Eric and Dylan wear masks? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Did Eric and Dylan wear masks?
Page 1 of 1