Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

'Progressive" / "left wing" homicides?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Scypek

Contribution Points : 101479
Forum Reputation : 0

'Progressive" / "left wing" homicides? Empty
PostSubject: 'Progressive" / "left wing" homicides?   'Progressive" / "left wing" homicides? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 11, 2016 8:18 am

I was wondering about this. There is a fairly large amount of killers with beliefs that could be classified as "right wing", conservative or reactionary. Like the nationalist Anders Breivik, antifeminist Marc Lepine, various Islamic extremists. I was largely inspired by [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] thread that lists mass shooters who do seem to have some ideologies, instead of just wanting to kill people. Though in my opinion people like Eric Harris and to some extent also Pekka-Eric Auvinen weren't much of ideological killers since actual social darwinism doesn't really work like Auvinen seems to think, and I'm quite sure that Eric liked Nazis mostly for edginess' sake, since in order to be a racial supremacist or a nationalist you need to actually like some nation or race, and significantly more than others.

But I digress. The killers who do have ideologies tend to have certain ideologies much more often than others.

The only criminal with a political motivation I know that could be called left wing or progressive was Valerie Solanas, who attempted to kill Andy Warhol and promoted female supremacy.

So do you know any criminals with similar beliefs? There has to be some. I'm curious.

'Progressive" / "left wing" homicides?
Page 1 of 1