Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Was Eric a slayer?

Go down 
+6
lol
gasolinechild
slippy123
Freezingmoon
PaintItBlack
LPorter101
10 posters
AuthorMessage
LPorter101
Top 10 Contributor
LPorter101

Contribution Points : 150666
Forum Reputation : 2754

Was Eric a slayer? Empty
PostSubject: Was Eric a slayer?   Was Eric a slayer? Icon_minitimeSat Mar 12, 2016 8:02 pm

Let's set aside the whole "Was Eric a psychopath?" clusterfuck and talk about this:

Dave Cullen writes that Eric "got lots and lots of chicks," that he "outscored much of the football team," that he was a "little charmer."

Was Eric a slayer - a swaggering ladies' man who had the girls piled up at his feet? Or was he a geeky little virgin who couldn't get laid to save his life?

You can guess where I stand on this issue. What do you think?

PaintItBlack

Contribution Points : 96591
Forum Reputation : 52

Was Eric a slayer? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Was Eric a slayer?   Was Eric a slayer? Icon_minitimeSat Mar 12, 2016 8:14 pm

He got few women and I don't know if he ever did anything sexual at all with a girl.
Everybody goes on about Eric's charm and how that proves he was a psychopath,but most of his peers didn't see him that way.
I think Eric was seen as charming to adults because he was hard working and responsible.
If Eric said he'd have the paper done on Monday, it was ready on Monday.
If he said he'd be there at 10, he was there at 10.
A lot of teens are flaky and have a bad attitude to the faces of adults.
Eric was mostly respectful.
But his charm did not extend to girls and his classmates.They mostly did not see or acknowledge it.

We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus; That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing.-Charles Bukowski
Back to top Go down

Was Eric a slayer? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Was Eric a slayer?   Was Eric a slayer? Icon_minitimeSat Mar 12, 2016 8:43 pm

No he didn't get all the girls. Not in the context that Cullen says. He didn't get laid. Now had he waited high school out and gone to college or in the military, then yes he would have probably had better luck. The thing was he talked to some girls, but when it came down to showing more, he simply didn't act more on it.
Back to top Go down
Freezingmoon

Freezingmoon

Contribution Points : 77520
Forum Reputation : 0

Was Eric a slayer? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Was Eric a slayer?   Was Eric a slayer? Icon_minitimeSat Mar 12, 2016 10:30 pm

From watching the videos of Eric in the cafeteria and even the Radioactive video, I would almost bet my life that Eric was not a charmer with ladies.  From my personal perspective, he had a rather geeky sounding voice and despite his attempts to appear confident you can clearly see that he's rather clueless in the video when any girl approaches the group.  The other guys are laughing and making jokes with the girls and he seems to withdraw.
Back to top Go down
slippy123

slippy123

Contribution Points : 105438
Forum Reputation : 1235

Was Eric a slayer? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Was Eric a slayer?   Was Eric a slayer? Icon_minitimeSat Mar 12, 2016 11:28 pm

Eric never got anything more then a kiss. They both died virgins.
Back to top Go down
gasolinechild

gasolinechild

Contribution Points : 85427

Was Eric a slayer? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Was Eric a slayer?   Was Eric a slayer? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 13, 2016 11:42 am

He killed a few vampires, zombies and demons on that fine April day, for sure...

He never got laid though.
Back to top Go down
lol

Contribution Points : 102797
Forum Reputation : 325

Was Eric a slayer? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Was Eric a slayer?   Was Eric a slayer? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 13, 2016 5:44 pm

That's why Cullen's book is a disgrace, and anyone who uses it as evidence should be shown the door. I literally laughed out loud when I was reading that idiot's book, and he said that Eric got more girls than the football team....in what dimension Cullen? For "getting a lot of girls" is that why he died a virgin? Is that why only a few days before Columbine he had a chance to have sex with Susan, and did nothing? The only thing he did was give her a kiss on the cheek. Ooh...what a bad boy.

You can't make this stuff up. The kid was the anti-pimp, and was rejected so many times, and also stalked women. He had no idea how to speak to girls. Both died virgins.
Back to top Go down
Freezingmoon

Freezingmoon

Was Eric a slayer? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Was Eric a slayer?   Was Eric a slayer? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 13, 2016 7:10 pm

lol wrote:
That's why Cullen's book is a disgrace, and anyone who uses it as evidence should be shown the door. I literally laughed out loud when I was reading that idiot's book, and he said that Eric got more girls than the football team....in what dimension Cullen? For "getting a lot of girls" is that why he died a virgin? Is that why only a few days before Columbine he had a chance to have sex with Susan, and did nothing? The only thing he did was give her a kiss on the cheek. Ooh...what a bad boy.

You can't make this stuff up. The kid was the anti-pimp, and was rejected so many times, and also stalked women. He had no idea how to speak to girls. Both died virgins.

I completely agree with this.  Reading Cullen's perspective of Eric was pretty comical. Any guy that finally gets a date and then invites her over to watch Event Horizon and doesn't try to make a move despite his parents not being home is clearly not a "slayer".
Back to top Go down
sscc

Contribution Points : 83307
Forum Reputation : 598

Was Eric a slayer? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Was Eric a slayer?   Was Eric a slayer? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 13, 2016 7:14 pm

LPorter101 wrote:
Or was he a geeky little virgin who couldn't get laid to save his life?

Geeky little virgin all the way. In the most literal sense, couldn't get laid to save his life.
Back to top Go down
Lizpuff

Lizpuff

Contribution Points : 96199
Forum Reputation : 1190

Was Eric a slayer? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Was Eric a slayer?   Was Eric a slayer? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 14, 2016 12:12 pm

Whenever someone tries to make the "ladies man" comment they back it up with all the names of the girls that "dated" Eric. Going on 1 date or even a handful of dates does not make someone his girlfriend. We all know that most of those "relationships" ended poorly.

The girls all stated that he was weird and different or not their type. The main point is that he never had a serious girlfriend. He never spent a significant amount of time with any one girl.
And unless Susan put out on her date with him and then lied about it he died a virgin as far as I am concerned.

Which brings me to a question I have asked myself.... let's say that Susan was "loose with her morals" and that night while watching the movie with Eric alone in his room she jumped on him and begged him to sleep with her...do you think he would have done it? Or do you think he would have run for the hills?

ThoughtBox

ThoughtBox

Contribution Points : 83946
Forum Reputation : 13

Was Eric a slayer? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Was Eric a slayer?   Was Eric a slayer? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 14, 2016 3:32 pm

Awerry wrote:
No he didn't get all the girls. Not in the context that Cullen says. He didn't get laid. Now had he waited high school out and gone to college or in the military, then yes he would have probably had better luck. The thing was he talked to some girls, but when it came down to showing more, he simply didn't act more on it.

I tend to agree with Awerry here about Eric developing into a ladies' man, he had some potential to, I think. Alas, I wouldn't have forecasted the same for poor Dylan.

I'm almost certain both died virgins, and as others have stated here, the Cullenistas must truly be delusional to think Eric was "outscoring" the football team, that notion literally makes me laugh out loud. The idea is almost as stupid as researchers writing so matter of factly that E/D abused animals.

“Despair is the price one pays for self-awareness. Look deeply into life, and you'll always find despair.” -- Irvin D. Yalom, MD
Back to top Go down
PaintItBlack

PaintItBlack

Contribution Points : 96591
Forum Reputation : 52

Was Eric a slayer? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Was Eric a slayer?   Was Eric a slayer? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 14, 2016 7:18 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.],
What do you think would have happened to Dylan with women if he had lived?

We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus; That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing.-Charles Bukowski
Back to top Go down
ThoughtBox

ThoughtBox

Contribution Points : 83946
Forum Reputation : 13

Was Eric a slayer? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Was Eric a slayer?   Was Eric a slayer? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 14, 2016 8:11 pm

PaintItBlack wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.],
What do you think would have happened to Dylan with women if he had lived?

Well, I , as well as some others here, believe Dylan would have committed suicide at some point in his young adult life. (I surmised in this forum quite a while ago that I believed it would have happened while he was a college student had the shootings never occurred). That being said, I can envision a slightly older and eccentric Dylan attracting a similar sort of girl, but NOT the type he had so romantically idealized in his journals as the One to embark on NBK with. I don't think he would have found someone who would meet his high-minded ideals and who also would have been into him. The fact is, I don't see him making any real changes in his behavior or in his looks/dress/hygiene/idiosyncrasies as he got a little older, had he lived.

“Despair is the price one pays for self-awareness. Look deeply into life, and you'll always find despair.” -- Irvin D. Yalom, MD
Back to top Go down
lasttrain

Contribution Points : 102213
Forum Reputation : 74

Was Eric a slayer? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Was Eric a slayer?   Was Eric a slayer? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 17, 2016 3:56 pm

Cullen is wrong that Eric had sex with Brenda Parker and also wrong if by "got girls" he means "had sex with."

But Eric was romantically involved with lots of girls according to evidence. Alisa Owen (3983) Tiffany Typher, Valerie Lage (19017). Sasha Jacobs (960), [redacted] (10,277), [redacted] (18,523) [redacted] (22,353), Katie Thompson (1221), Jennifer Sweet (22,258), and Susan Dewitt his prom date. Several more liked him: Stephanie True (8848), Marla Foust and Katie Thompson (1575), and Kristi Epling. Two weeks before the attack Eric took Jessica Guertz, Katie Thompson, and Veronica Griffith to lunch (3131). Also took Lauren Tocci to lunch (21166).

I don't know how many girls the average adolescent male dates in high school, but I count 18 names in the list above. This is many more than average.

If you want to refute the claim that Eric got girls, you need to have hard cited evidence from documents that will disprove what I assembled above. Simply stating your opinion or impression is not good enough.
Back to top Go down
Freezingmoon

Freezingmoon

Was Eric a slayer? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Was Eric a slayer?   Was Eric a slayer? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 17, 2016 4:55 pm

lasttrain wrote:
Cullen is wrong that Eric had sex with Brenda Parker and also wrong if by "got girls" he means "had sex with."

But Eric was romantically involved with lots of girls according to evidence. Alisa Owen (3983) Tiffany Typher, Valerie Lage  (19017). Sasha Jacobs (960), [redacted]  (10,277), [redacted]  (18,523) [redacted]  (22,353), Katie Thompson  (1221), Jennifer Sweet  (22,258), and Susan Dewitt his prom date.  Several more liked him: Stephanie True (8848), Marla Foust and Katie Thompson (1575), and Kristi Epling. Two weeks before the attack Eric took Jessica Guertz, Katie Thompson, and Veronica Griffith to lunch (3131). Also took Lauren Tocci to lunch (21166).

I don't know how many girls the average adolescent male dates in high school, but I count 18 names in the list above.  This is many more than average.

If you want to refute the claim that Eric got girls, you need to have hard cited evidence from documents that will disprove what I assembled above. Simply stating your opinion or impression is not good enough.

I'm not sure what "got girls" means, but I assumed it meant having a real relationship with someone or either having a sexual relationship with someone.

Only 10 of those girls were girls who actually went on a date with Eric.  The only girl who dated him more than a few times was Sasha Jacobs and he continually harassed her via email, so she finally changed her email address and screen name on AOL and stopped seeing him.

There is no evidence that he ever had a sexual relationship with anyone.  The other girls were just friends with Eric. I don't think the argument is about whether or not Eric dated, but more so about whether he was successful in his romantic life.  And that's really nothing more than a matter of opinion.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Was Eric a slayer? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Was Eric a slayer?   Was Eric a slayer? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Was Eric a slayer?
Page 1 of 1