Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Dylan getting banned from the Columbine computers?

Go down 
+3
Laeda
queenfarooq
MarmaladeSkies
7 posters
AuthorMessage
MarmaladeSkies

Contribution Points : 101641
Forum Reputation : 0

Dylan getting banned from the Columbine computers? Empty
PostSubject: Dylan getting banned from the Columbine computers?   Dylan getting banned from the Columbine computers? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 17, 2013 6:28 pm

I found this on Tumblr.

Quote :
A few weeks before the shooting, Dylan got sent to Richard Long for swearing at the librarian, Peggy Dodd. Dylan used more than 10 pages for printing per their policy and so Peggy Dodd tried to get him to pay. Dylan replied by calling her a “Bitch.” He was then sent to Richard Long. When Richard Long asked Dylan what happened, Dylan replied “Well, that Bitch…” Long stopped him there and told him he was banned from the computers for good, and he laughed at him and said something to the effect of: “You know what? It doesn’t matter anymore anyway.”

Never heard of this before. Has anyone ever heard about this or find any sources?
Back to top Go down
queenfarooq

Contribution Points : 102637
Forum Reputation : 10

PostSubject: Re: Dylan getting banned from the Columbine computers?   Dylan getting banned from the Columbine computers? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 17, 2013 6:39 pm

Yes I'm almost positive I have heard this before. I'm sure it's in one of the Columbine book possibly Kass.. I'll have a look.
Back to top Go down
queenfarooq

Contribution Points : 102637
Forum Reputation : 10

PostSubject: Re: Dylan getting banned from the Columbine computers?   Dylan getting banned from the Columbine computers? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 17, 2013 6:53 pm

Yeah it's in Jeff Kass' book. Worded slightly differently:

When talking about how students had to pay for more than ten pages of printouts.

Quote :
...assistant Peggy Dodd said Dylan had broken the rule. She confronted him, and he called her a bitch. Dodd told Long, who called Dylan into his office to ask what happened.
"Well that bitch...," Dylan started.
That was all Long needed to know. He stopped Dylan mid-sentence.
"You can't talk like that," Long said. "You're never going to be allowed on the computers again."
"Well, you know, it doesn't matter" Dylan said. "It doesn't matter."

Kass says this information came from his interviews with Long in 2007 and 2008.

From Peggy Dodd's 11k statement: (page 323, This is a followup interview)
Peggy says she knows Dylan because of some past problems she had with him. She mentions knowing about him hacking into the school computers and doing unauthorized things on the school computers like playing Fantasy Baseball. She also mentions she had heard rumors they (Dylan, Eric and Zack Heckler) had used her password to get school locker combinations.

On page 497
"Mr Long said that Peggy Dodd may have some information about Eric or Dylan because one of them had told him that Peggy Dodd was a dumb bitch."

Not sure if there is any mention of Dylan been forbidden to use the school computers in the 11k but it may be somewhere within Dodd's or Long's statement.

anna444 likes this post

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dylan getting banned from the Columbine computers?   Dylan getting banned from the Columbine computers? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 17, 2013 11:05 pm

Wow...what a bitch.

LOL

Is very interesting, though, the progression of Dylan's anger showing. Seems like the more he let go, the more he was visibly rageful--and yet happier/more content with himself.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dylan getting banned from the Columbine computers?   Dylan getting banned from the Columbine computers? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 17, 2013 11:32 pm

FredPete wrote:
Wow...what a bitch.

LOL

Is very interesting, though, the progression of Dylan's anger showing. Seems like the more he let go, the more he was visibly rageful--and yet happier/more content with himself.

That sums it up perfectly. Probably very freeing for his personality type on Judgment Day to simply let it all go before leaving this "existence".
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dylan getting banned from the Columbine computers?   Dylan getting banned from the Columbine computers? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 17, 2013 11:54 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Wonder who the student was that turned them in? Devon? I recall Devon saying that Eric had threatened her at one point so she reported it to the office.

Peggy told IO that she observed Dylan in a long black coat, shooting his gun and smiling. Peggy stated that it was more of a smirk than a smile, and she again
told IO that she thought that this was a prank because of the look on Dylan’s face.

Back to top Go down
Laeda

Contribution Points : 101781

PostSubject: Re: Dylan getting banned from the Columbine computers?   Dylan getting banned from the Columbine computers? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 18, 2013 1:40 am

I remember reading the statements about Peggy having had problems with him, and about hacking into the computers to get locks combinations (I think they got suspended for that, didn't they? Or my memory's failing again)

InFiNiNcEX5 wrote:
FredPete wrote:
Wow...what a bitch.

LOL

That sums it up perfectly. Probably very freeing for his personality type on Judgment Day to simply let it all go before leaving this "existence".
I second this

Also interesting that, from Dylan's face, the shooting looked like a prank.
I don't know what to think about this, if he was genuinely amused by killing people, if he took it like a game, sort of real life Doom, or what else.
(Again as I said in another thread, I find hard to merge the journal-Dylan with the shooting-Dylan)

PostSubject: Re: Dylan getting banned from the Columbine computers?   Dylan getting banned from the Columbine computers? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 18, 2013 3:26 am

Laeda wrote:
Also interesting that, from Dylan's face, the shooting looked like a prank.
I don't know what to think about this, if he was genuinely amused by killing people, if he took it like a game, sort of real life Doom, or what else.
(Again as I said in another thread, I find hard to merge the journal-Dylan with the shooting-Dylan)

From the Basement Tape transcripts it seemed as though Dylan was anxious to swiftly move forward with it. I think at one point he was snapping his fingers at Eric on the cam to hurry up with the sentiments about Susan.
Dylan had his infamous "Killer in Black offs the Jocks" essay in his car and I'm sure he read through it to pump himself up. I think he was nervous and anxious to get going. Eric was stalling and having second thoughts on camera about
Susan and Dylan was 'let's just get a move on, dammit.' They both express their apprehension in different ways but I don't think it means that Dylan was less sentimental and more into the idead of NBK.
In my opinion, I think for Dylan, the sooner it started the quicker it would end. Then he'd be free.

By the time they finished with all the prep that needed to be done, cruising to KS, morning bowling, Black Jacks and then loitering around CHS several times (from 11K accounts), they were at the point of being in gaming mode. So, I would agree with your 'real life Doom' theory regarding Dylan. As 'green' newbie murders, Dylan and Eric probably envisioned it all like their favorite game with Tarantino thrown in for good measure. They wanted to walk around looking all bad ass in our trenchcoats, sunglasses, with their "terrorist bags", trying out their different death weapons and shooting up "zombies" -randomly or intentionally - in the midst of their hunting sport. So, I'm sure Dylan felt that 'godlike' power of being in control. It must have made him feel in charge for once and so he was smirking with badassery satisfaction of being in the driver's seat. In the beginning, they were slowly edging up to the top of that rollercoaster and tettering there, and once they were going down fast and furious, they were in the midst of a maniac high. Dylan let it out; Eric was controlled. But when it came to actual kills, Dylan was just goofing mostly. He used his romantic favorite, the double barrel - which wasn't very accurate. He spent time throwing bombs all over the place and shooting out in the parking lot. Just going off. It seems like he was trying it on for size. Whereas Eric, moved with deadly intent with his most accurate weapon. He was out for kills. Leaning against the fence to be more accurate. Dylan was just drunk on the scene I think, knowing that he had an audience all around, watching from the windows, etc.

Once in the library, they then reach the apex of the maniac high. At this point, they're in a closed room with a fairly sizable audience cowering under the desks and so they are ready for the next level of sport. The tone changes. Dylan really frees himself at this point. They both seem to be equal, in tandem, feeding off each other, just shooting people at close range. Dylan is so gleeful with all the vocal smartass theaterics. Playing for the audience but also playing for Eric. Appeasing his best friend that he is 110% down with the deed. Eric then hits his nose and sort of loses the focus of the mission, literally. And then after Dylan's confrontation with Evan Todd, it all just fizzles. Eric didn't even hear when Dylan spared Todd and offered him over to Eric. The acting was over. The manic high was at an end.

The library must have felt a lot different for them compared to outside. In killing people in such intimate, close contact they probably had a lot of visuals they might not have been expecting when it comes to 'killing' in general. Still, whooping it up, but who knows what the hell is going on in eaches mind individually on some level. Once they slowed down, loaded weapons, and walked around, the visuals probably caught up with them when they clicked back into 'thinking' mode. I don't think they were expecting to do a whole lot of close range killing because they imagined the bombs doing most of it for them. So, then the 'downer' phase started, they began to wander around aimlessly, looking in classrooms at people, yet not doing anything. This was a huge chunk of time that both didn't kill or do anything much. The game was over. Eric probably was in a lot of throbbing pain and so he started to obsess that they both needed to get the bombs to finish the job. The fact the majority of 4/20 is them doing nothing is telling.

So, to sum up, I think in the beginning, Dylan's mindset was encapsulated in that powertrip smirk of his. It was Doom game time. It was payback time.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dylan getting banned from the Columbine computers?   Dylan getting banned from the Columbine computers? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 11, 2013 5:14 am

[quote="MarmaladeSkies"]I found this on Tumblr.

Quote :
A few weeks before the shooting, Dylan got sent to Richard Long for swearing at the librarian, Peggy Dodd.  Dylan used more than 10 pages for printing per their policy and so Peggy Dodd tried to get him to pay. Dylan replied by calling her a “Bitch.”  He was then sent to Richard Long. When Richard Long asked Dylan what happened, Dylan replied “Well, that Bitch…” Long stopped him there and told him he was banned from the computers for good, and he laughed at him and said something to the effect of: “You know what? It doesn’t matter anymore anyway.”
That's actually fucking hilarious.
Back to top Go down
lasttrain

Contribution Points : 102438
Forum Reputation : 74

PostSubject: Re: Dylan getting banned from the Columbine computers?   Dylan getting banned from the Columbine computers? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 11, 2013 5:38 am

InFiNiNcEX5 with a very convincing account of how things went down. The Evan Todd thing really is telling.

I believe Anderson reports in 11k that Dodd fled a closet she was sharing with him, saying "they hate me, they're going to kill me."

I feel for the educators who had to put up with these two kids and had their lives so altered by them.

anna444 likes this post

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dylan getting banned from the Columbine computers?   Dylan getting banned from the Columbine computers? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 11, 2013 8:24 am

lasttrain wrote:
InFiNiNcEX5 with a very convincing account of how things went down.  The Evan Todd thing really is telling.

I believe Anderson reports in 11k that Dodd fled a closet she was sharing with him, saying "they hate me, they're going to kill me."

I feel for the educators who had to put up with these two kids and had their lives so altered by them.
You feel bad what with they had to put up with? THEM...really?

What about all the shit that Eric and Dylan had to put up with? Teachers turning a blind eye and even BULLYING them sometimes, bullying, wiggers, jocks, stupid whores who wouldn't give them the time of day, etc....

Back to top Go down
areyoulistening

Contribution Points : 102072

PostSubject: Re: Dylan getting banned from the Columbine computers?   Dylan getting banned from the Columbine computers? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 11, 2013 4:40 pm

-eulogy- wrote:
lasttrain wrote:
InFiNiNcEX5 with a very convincing account of how things went down.  The Evan Todd thing really is telling.

What about all the shit that Eric and Dylan had to put up with? Teachers turning a blind eye and even BULLYING them sometimes, bullying, wiggers, jocks, stupid whores who wouldn't give them the time of day, etc....

I agree with lasttrain Yes, Eric and Dylan may have been picked on but they were assholes themselves. There's plenty of reports of them picking on people. Why is that such a weird thing for you? They weren't bullied to the point that they couldn't take it anymore. They had low self esteem, mental health issues and wanted people to know who they were; topped off with suicidal and homicidal thoughts. Is that ALL that they were? Absolutely not, people are more complex than that. But please stop talking about them as if they were just pushed over the edge because that's not the case.

I feel bad that the teachers had to but up with the other bullies to. I mean, it's not a nice environment for anyone. Was it wrong that they turned a blind eye? Yeah, but people make mistakes and if that was the culture of the school, it's very hard to break that. Especially if the principle is the same way and if you rock the boat your job may be on the line. (That may not have been the case, I'm just throwing it out there)

Contribution Points : 102438
Forum Reputation : 74

PostSubject: Re: Dylan getting banned from the Columbine computers?   Dylan getting banned from the Columbine computers? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 11, 2013 6:13 pm

-eulogy- wrote:
lasttrain wrote:

Yeah, I feel terribly for the teachers. Eric and Dylan were criminals. They bullied other students (especially underclassmen). They verbally assaulted the teachers. They hacked into locker combinations, which is a form of theft and also bullying.

And I'm not even mentioning all the people they murdered and injured, permanently altering the lives of the teachers...

I mean, how much more negative impact on a teacher's life could a student have?

anna444 likes this post

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dylan getting banned from the Columbine computers?   Dylan getting banned from the Columbine computers? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 12, 2013 5:25 am

lasttrain wrote:
-eulogy- wrote:
lasttrain wrote:

Yeah, I feel terribly for the teachers.  Eric and Dylan were criminals.  They bullied other students (especially underclassmen).  They verbally assaulted the teachers.  They hacked into locker combinations, which is a form of theft and also bullying.

And I'm not even mentioning all the people they murdered and injured, permanently altering the lives of the teachers...

I think the school had it coming. They deserved it. To much of a toxic culture, athlete worship, and not nearly enough being done about it.

Simply put, the school had it coming. I for one am glad that a lot of people probably got lessons out of what happened.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dylan getting banned from the Columbine computers?   Dylan getting banned from the Columbine computers? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 12, 2013 10:53 pm

-eulogy- wrote:
lasttrain wrote:
-eulogy- wrote:
lasttrain wrote:

Yeah, I feel terribly for the teachers.  Eric and Dylan were criminals.  They bullied other students (especially underclassmen).  They verbally assaulted the teachers.  They hacked into locker combinations, which is a form of theft and also bullying.

I think the school had it coming. They deserved it. To much of a toxic culture, athlete worship, and not nearly enough being done about it.

Simply put, the school had it coming. I for one am glad that a lot of people probably got lessons out of what happened.
This may be a bit off topic with the name of this thread (oops!) but in relation to what -eulogy- is saying, I saw this reblogged on Tumblr recently.
According to her, Columbine essentially hasn't changed much.  She's also a bit amusing to watch, quite affected. ;)

Back to top Go down
em81

Contribution Points : 101499
Forum Reputation : 3

PostSubject: Re: Dylan getting banned from the Columbine computers?   Dylan getting banned from the Columbine computers? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 12, 2013 11:42 pm

Back to top Go down
tfsa47090
Global Moderator & Top 10 Contributor

Contribution Points : 101313
Forum Reputation : 91

PostSubject: Re: Dylan getting banned from the Columbine computers?   Dylan getting banned from the Columbine computers? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 13, 2013 4:49 am

InFiNiNcEX5 wrote:

This may be a bit off topic with the name of this thread (oops!) but in relation to what -eulogy- is saying, I saw this reblogged on Tumblr recently.
According to her, Columbine essentially hasn't changed much.  She's also a bit amusing to watch, quite affected. ;)

Thank you for posting this here. I'm glad you've shared it here, again. (Was it you who posted it here before, InFiNiNcEX5, or was that someone else?)

This video is a few years old. To me, at least, she seems to be a genuinely sweet and sincere girl.

I also remember people posting this on tumblr months ago, and a number of others there were attacking the girl in the video (all of whom pledge their allegiance to being "columbiners"). She was only about 15 years old in this video. I remember wishing that those who were making fun of her would have taken that into consideration.

It really is an interesting commentary, and I'm glad she made it and shared it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dylan getting banned from the Columbine computers?   Dylan getting banned from the Columbine computers? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 13, 2013 5:52 am

tfsa47090 wrote:
InFiNiNcEX5 wrote:

Thank you for posting this here. I'm glad you've shared it here, again. (Was it you who posted it here before, InFiNiNcEX5, or was that someone else?)

This video is a few years old. To me, at least, she seems to be a genuinely sweet and sincere girl.

I also remember people posting this on tumblr months ago, and a number of others there were attacking the girl in the video (all of whom pledge their allegiance to being "columbiners"). She was only about 15 years old in this video. I remember wishing that those who were making fun of her would have taken that into consideration.

It really is an interesting commentary, and I'm glad she made it and shared it.
I didn't know it was posted here before ?  Hm.. I wonder what her views are on her school now since she was a freshman then.  She's quite a character, a stereo type in itself, but amidst her F word punctuated meandering, she definitely drives home some salient points that the school is essentially still a hypocritical, toxic environment.  It's like a shiny, perfect looking apple with a wormy interior.  Maybe people fooled themselves that things got better after the massacre?  Perhaps. There are a couple of Tumblrites that go to Columbine and consider themselve Columbiners - and one in particular really stands by her school and has no issues.
Back to top Go down
tfsa47090
Global Moderator & Top 10 Contributor

Contribution Points : 101313
Forum Reputation : 91

PostSubject: Re: Dylan getting banned from the Columbine computers?   Dylan getting banned from the Columbine computers? Icon_minitimeSat Sep 21, 2013 1:19 am

InFiNiNcEX5, [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] is the thread where someone posted this video before. It obviously wasn't you! Sorry for the confusion about that one, I just knew that someone had posted it before.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dylan getting banned from the Columbine computers?   Dylan getting banned from the Columbine computers? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dylan getting banned from the Columbine computers?
Page 1 of 1