Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

What would their reaction be?

Go down 
+4
Freezingmoon
slippy123
Lizpuff
TaylorsMom
8 posters
AuthorMessage
TaylorsMom

TaylorsMom

Contribution Points : 78067
Forum Reputation : 25

What would their reaction be? Empty
PostSubject: What would their reaction be?   What would their reaction be? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 06, 2016 11:14 am

This is a very random thought I had, it may have already been discussed here before and I apologize if that's the case. So, what if in the midst of planning "NBK" for their massacre, someone else at Columbine was planning a shooting and/or bombing? I know this is a FAR stretch, I'm just looking for people's opinions. What do you think they'd do? What would their reaction be? Do you think they'd still try to make "NBK" happen?

Personally, I think they'd be devastated. They may ask to join or maybe Dylan would purposely put himself in the line of fire with the gunmen. I don't think they would have gone through with it either if they both survived. Anyone else?
Back to top Go down
Lizpuff

Lizpuff

Contribution Points : 96199
Forum Reputation : 1190

PostSubject: Re: What would their reaction be?   What would their reaction be? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 06, 2016 1:30 pm

I think it would depend on who else was doing the other planning but I really don't think E&D would have joined teams with anyone else. I think they would have continued planning unless that other person let's say bombed the school before April. I think if someone else did so earlier than they had planned they wouldn't have continued.

On the other hand it could have caused more issues. Perhaps if the person bombed the school first and was not very successful they could have learned from that person's mistakes.

slippy123

slippy123

Contribution Points : 105438
Forum Reputation : 1235

PostSubject: Re: What would their reaction be?   What would their reaction be? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 06, 2016 7:07 pm

TaylorsMom wrote:
This is a very random thought I had, it may have already been discussed here before and I apologize if that's the case. So, what if in the midst of planning "NBK" for their massacre, someone else at Columbine was planning a shooting and/or bombing?  I know this is a FAR stretch, I'm just looking for people's opinions. What do you think they'd do?  What would their reaction be?  Do you think they'd still try to make "NBK" happen?

Personally, I think they'd be devastated. They may ask to join or maybe Dylan would purposely put himself in the line of fire with the gunmen.  I don't think they would have gone through with it either if they both survived. Anyone else?

So someone is going to randomly tell two kids they don't know that they are going to shoot up the school,
and eric and dylan are gonna say, oh man so are we! lol.
Back to top Go down
TaylorsMom

TaylorsMom

PostSubject: Re: What would their reaction be?   What would their reaction be? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 06, 2016 9:11 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] no, you misunderstood me. I'm basically asking you to think outside the box for a second. Imagine if while E & D were planning their attack, which we all know took quite some planning....someone else....maybe someone whom they've never met. For example, a freshman boy secretly planned an attack also...say a shooting. The freshman decides to play out his fantasy and guns down students all over the place BEFORE E & D plan to do theirs in April. What do you think would be their response? Complete shock? Join in somehow? Run for their lives? Stand in the line of fire? Would they continue on with their plan regardless? I know it's a random thought, I was interested in others opinions.
Back to top Go down
Freezingmoon

Freezingmoon

Contribution Points : 77520
Forum Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: What would their reaction be?   What would their reaction be? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 06, 2016 9:20 pm

Eric repeatedly stated in his journal how he tries so hard to be original and not copy others.... So I think he would have been majorly disappointed that someone got to Columbine before he could.  I think he would then plan to attack elsewhere.... Perhaps downtown Denver or some other place he had fantasized about.
Back to top Go down
TaylorsMom

TaylorsMom

PostSubject: Re: What would their reaction be?   What would their reaction be? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 06, 2016 9:24 pm

Thats definitely possible [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]!
Back to top Go down
anonacc489

Contribution Points : 74566

PostSubject: Re: What would their reaction be?   What would their reaction be? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 07, 2016 3:30 am

I always toyed with this fun little scenario(or not so fun?)in my head of Eric and Dylan walking through the halls with their guns, and happening upon another duo with guns out as well, and they(Eric, and the leader of the other duo)raise their brows at each other while Dylan and the other guy shrug.

And then they have an awkward conversation as follows:

"Uh... So you're shooting up this shithole too?"
"Yeah... Was supposed to be a bombing though..."
"Really? Ours too. Fucking bombs didn't work."
"Oh no way!"
"Yeah!"
"Well fuck... You wanna just come fuck shit up with us?"
"I guess so, I mean fuck it, right?"
"Fuck yeah!"

And then they made friends.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What would their reaction be?   What would their reaction be? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 07, 2016 4:43 am

A total clusterfuck.
Back to top Go down
PaintItBlack

PaintItBlack

Contribution Points : 96591
Forum Reputation : 52

PostSubject: Re: What would their reaction be?   What would their reaction be? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 07, 2016 11:28 am

I do not believe E &D would have ever shot up anywhere other than Columbine. They hated the place, they hated most of the students,they felt victimized there.That was their target.
I believe comments about anywhere else was just a bunch of talk.

We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus; That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing.-Charles Bukowski
Back to top Go down
ThoughtBox

ThoughtBox

Contribution Points : 83946
Forum Reputation : 13

PostSubject: Re: What would their reaction be?   What would their reaction be? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 07, 2016 3:06 pm

I think they would have had a battle and see who survived to finish the job.

However, the odds of this happening were probably like 1 billion to 1 so I don't know why we're even discussing it.
Rolling Eyes

“Despair is the price one pays for self-awareness. Look deeply into life, and you'll always find despair.” -- Irvin D. Yalom, MD
Back to top Go down
Freezingmoon

Freezingmoon

Contribution Points : 77520

PostSubject: Re: What would their reaction be?   What would their reaction be? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 07, 2016 5:37 pm

Remember when one of them said during the shooting "Are you still with me?" .... I don't know if it was Eric or Dylan.  But I always wonder what would have happened if the person answered, " no... I can't do this".  Would the other shooter have shot him? Stopped? Kept going? I don't know why.... I just always wondered about this.
Back to top Go down
Vii

Vii

Contribution Points : 74180

PostSubject: Re: What would their reaction be?   What would their reaction be? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 07, 2016 6:03 pm

That's such an impossible scenario but it kinda made me laugh when I tried to imagine how pissed they would've been. Unfortunately, I don't think it would've stopped them from going on a killing spree. They were well prepared and too motivated. I'm pretty sure they wouldn't do it at the school since they wanted to be "original" and not so called copycats. As we all know their first thought was "to kill people" not "kill people at our school". First there was an idea for mass murder and then "our only problem now is to find a place that will be ground zero." If someone had done it before them they'd probably hate on their "work", as cruel as it sounds, and simply change the location where there'd be equally as many people in one place (shopping mall, an airport perhaps?)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What would their reaction be?   What would their reaction be? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What would their reaction be?
Page 1 of 1