Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!
 
HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

 

 Robyn's reaction on 4/20.

Go down 
+2
Screamingophelia
properground
6 posters
AuthorMessage
properground




Posts : 122
Contribution Points : 59524
Forum Reputation : 108
Join date : 2018-11-02

Robyn's reaction on 4/20. Empty
PostSubject: Robyn's reaction on 4/20.   Robyn's reaction on 4/20. Icon_minitimeFri May 31, 2019 1:31 pm

I remember reading the statement of someone who went to lunch with Robyn on 4/20 in the 11k+. They said she was quiet and oddly relaxed, taking her time to get out of the car. I interpreted this as being calm, rather than being in shock. I'm sure there were more details than I remember. Without going into some crazy conspiracy theories, does anyone else find it kind odd that Robyn was described as being so calm?
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest




Robyn's reaction on 4/20. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Robyn's reaction on 4/20.   Robyn's reaction on 4/20. Icon_minitimeFri May 31, 2019 2:08 pm

properground wrote:
I remember reading the statement of someone who went to lunch with Robyn on 4/20 in the 11k+. They said she was quiet and oddly relaxed, taking her time to get out of the car. I interpreted this as being calm, rather than being in shock. I'm sure there were more details than I remember. Without going into some crazy conspiracy theories, does anyone else find it kind odd that Robyn was described as being so calm?

I'd always heard that she really wanted one of her friends to leave the school and go with her to get lunch. Like she was really trying hard to convince this friend to leave the school.
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Other Crimes Moderator & Top 10 Contributor
Screamingophelia


Posts : 6430
Contribution Points : 194646
Forum Reputation : 1317
Join date : 2017-08-25
Age : 36

Robyn's reaction on 4/20. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Robyn's reaction on 4/20.   Robyn's reaction on 4/20. Icon_minitimeFri May 31, 2019 2:20 pm

What I don’t understand is even if Robyn thought maybe they were going to do some sort of senior prank why would she be so worried about being there? I don’t know how far the Dairy Queen was from the school so it might’ve been a trek to get there and that’s why she really wanted to leave so she could get there and come back?

But I am pretty sure in the 11k and other interviews I have read people said Nate and Kristi were acting weird too at the park? But I highly doubt Kristi knew anything. I think they can’t really judge someone’s reaction to something. Because there’s really no template. Sue got her haircut the day after because her lawyer said do whatever you would usually do. So she got a haircut. The world thought she looked like a monster but she didn’t know what to do and she listened to her lawyer. Nothing was really at that time. All of a sudden there was this mass shooting, media was swarming and two boys that a lot of people really loved were murderers in an instant.

_________________
"And you know, you know, you know, this can be beautiful, you say you're numb inside, but I can't agree. So the world's unfair, keep it locked out there. In here it's beautiful."
Back to top Go down
Amarantha

Amarantha


Posts : 202
Contribution Points : 73847
Forum Reputation : 211
Join date : 2016-08-20
Location : Italy

Robyn's reaction on 4/20. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Robyn's reaction on 4/20.   Robyn's reaction on 4/20. Icon_minitimeFri May 31, 2019 2:51 pm

I haven't seen much video footage about her, but on the "Good Morning America" special aired in June 1999 she looked really quiet and detached about what happened. Maybe she's just laid-back and relaxed by nature

_________________
GeoCities fangirl
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Other Crimes Moderator & Top 10 Contributor
Screamingophelia


Posts : 6430
Contribution Points : 194646
Forum Reputation : 1317
Join date : 2017-08-25
Age : 36

Robyn's reaction on 4/20. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Robyn's reaction on 4/20.   Robyn's reaction on 4/20. Icon_minitimeFri May 31, 2019 3:18 pm

Some people think she may have been on some anti anxiety medication during that interview

_________________
"And you know, you know, you know, this can be beautiful, you say you're numb inside, but I can't agree. So the world's unfair, keep it locked out there. In here it's beautiful."
Back to top Go down
thelmar

thelmar


Posts : 760
Contribution Points : 84132
Forum Reputation : 3068
Join date : 2018-07-15

Robyn's reaction on 4/20. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Robyn's reaction on 4/20.   Robyn's reaction on 4/20. Icon_minitimeFri May 31, 2019 4:36 pm

Anderson went out to lunch with Tammy Golden and Monica Schuster (p. 1138- 1145) on that day.
It was Schuster who said that Robyn was acting weird. In her first interview with police shortly after the attack, Monica said it was her own idea to go out to lunch, Robyn hadn't been planning on it. But she said she felt Robyn was rushing them to get out of there like she wanted to leave the school and Monica wondered to police if Robyn knew it was going to happen. She also said that they got back to the school just as things were unfolding and were forced to stay in Robyn's car in the parking lot. Monica said Robyn calmly ate her lunch and "got a little upset" when she found out Eric Harris was involved.
But in her next interview, several months later, Monica said Robyn was crying and scared while they sat in the car.

Tammy Golden (p. 817- 823) said Robyn seemed normal when they left for lunch. She also said it was Schuster who was in a rush to get back to school so she wouldn't be late for class. As they were getting back to school, Robyn  saw all the chaos and wanted to leave but an officer told them they had to stay. Golden said Robyn did eat while they were sitting there but that she upset and crying intermittently. Tammy even said she held Robyn's hand to comfort her. Anderson asked "who could be doing this?" Once the police let them leave and they went to Clement Park, a policeman asked the girls about the TCM and Tammy said Robyn “just looked at me” but that she didn’t say anything. They were listening to things unfold on a radio and Robyn thought one of the descriptions sounded like Dylan. She said, “I hope they didn’t do something stupid.”

I personally think that Monica, in light of finding out that Robyn had purchased the guns, just started over-interpreting everything in those first days after the attack. I tend to believe her second police interview a bit more and it is also more in line with how Tammy viewed things.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest




Robyn's reaction on 4/20. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Robyn's reaction on 4/20.   Robyn's reaction on 4/20. Icon_minitimeFri May 31, 2019 7:26 pm

thelmar wrote:
Anderson went out to lunch with Tammy Golden and Monica Schuster (p. 1138- 1145) on that day.
It was Schuster who said that Robyn was acting weird. In her first interview with police shortly after the attack, Monica said it was her own idea to go out to lunch, Robyn hadn't been planning on it. But she said she felt Robyn was rushing them to get out of there like she wanted to leave the school and Monica wondered to police if Robyn knew it was going to happen.

That must have been what I had read then that was stating that Robin was in a hurry to leave. But I agree with you that Monica could have been interpreting things wrong in her first interview as her second one seems very different. I don't know where I stand on whether or not Robyn knew about the shooting before hand.
Back to top Go down
slippy123

slippy123


Posts : 879
Contribution Points : 106788
Forum Reputation : 1235
Join date : 2015-08-25

Robyn's reaction on 4/20. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Robyn's reaction on 4/20.   Robyn's reaction on 4/20. Icon_minitimeSat Jun 01, 2019 1:57 pm

I don't think Robyn had any type of forewarning about what E & D were going to do. I also don't find anything abnormal regarding her leaving the school in a hurry for lunch. Many people including myself always rushed out of school for lunch so we could have the maximum amount of time to relax, especially as a senior.

I would chalk it up to more of a coincidence over her knowing what was going to happen that day.
I find it highly unlikely that Eric or Dylan would of killed her if she was in the school, so she had nothing to worry about in that aspect whether she realized it or not.

I do however think that deep down she knew Eric and Dylan were involved in the situation a lot sooner than she lead on. After seeing SWAT teams, helicopters, news vans etc, obviously something very serious went down.
She knew their love of guns, and their hatred towards the school. So the whole "I hope they didn't do anything stupid" comment comes off odd to me.
She says "they" when seemingly talking about someone reportedly looking like Dylan, which leads me to believe she knew if Dylan was involved so was Eric.

I've always found her demeanor kind of odd too, as I never personally saw any videos of her looking majorly upset, but who knows how she acted behind closed doors.
She seemed like an outcast herself, so it's possible she might of looked up to what they did, as a fuck you to all the people who didn't accept her, but of course that is purely speculation.

She might of played stupid to protect herself, knowing she bought the guns. I'm sure deep down she was freaking out, but tried to play it cool to not draw any attention to herself.

It's been awhile since I've read her 11k sections, but I'm not sure if she went to the police and came clean about buying the guns, or if the police came to her first.

All I know is to this day it still boggles me that she got off scott-free, while Duran and Manes served many years in prison.
I guess we have the gun-show loophole to blame for that.
It wouldn't shock me if the feds sat her down and said "tells us everything you know and we will give you immunity".

I'm sure living with the guilt of knowing you assisted in a mass shooting (intentional or not) is worse then any jail sentence.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest




Robyn's reaction on 4/20. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Robyn's reaction on 4/20.   Robyn's reaction on 4/20. Icon_minitimeSat Jun 01, 2019 2:45 pm

Nobody but E&D knew about it. I know because I know they were smart enough to realize they can't risk telling anyone if they really wanna go through with the carnage. Their aim was so extreme there was absolutely no guarantee as far as reaction from their friends goes. They were not stupid enough to think that telling just one person would not hurt.



Back to top Go down
thelmar

thelmar


Posts : 760
Contribution Points : 84132
Forum Reputation : 3068
Join date : 2018-07-15

Robyn's reaction on 4/20. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Robyn's reaction on 4/20.   Robyn's reaction on 4/20. Icon_minitimeSun Jun 02, 2019 11:07 am

slippy123 wrote:

I've always found her demeanor kind of odd too, as I never personally saw any videos of her looking majorly upset, but who knows how she acted behind closed doors.
She seemed like an outcast herself, so it's possible she might of looked up to what they did, as a fuck you to all the people who didn't accept her, but of course that is purely speculation.

Several people describe Robyn as not having a lot of common sense, even though she was book smart. In her statement, Monica Schuster told police,
"Robyn is one that does not look at the consequences to her actions and does not catch things as quick as most."
Back to top Go down
slippy123

slippy123


Posts : 879
Contribution Points : 106788
Forum Reputation : 1235
Join date : 2015-08-25

Robyn's reaction on 4/20. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Robyn's reaction on 4/20.   Robyn's reaction on 4/20. Icon_minitimeSun Jun 02, 2019 1:35 pm

thelmar wrote:
slippy123 wrote:

I've always found her demeanor kind of odd too, as I never personally saw any videos of her looking majorly upset, but who knows how she acted behind closed doors.
She seemed like an outcast herself, so it's possible she might of looked up to what they did, as a fuck you to all the people who didn't accept her, but of course that is purely speculation.

Several people describe Robyn as not having a lot of common sense, even though she was book smart. In her statement, Monica Schuster told police,
"Robyn is one that does not look at the consequences to her actions and does not catch things as quick as most."

That makes perfect sense.
I get the feeling that she bought the guns to either to gain clout from the boys, or simply because of her crush on Dylan.

Guns and teenagers can be a deadly combination, yet it seems like she never had any second thoughts about purchasing them.
I personally would of said hell no if I was in that situation, too risky for my liking.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest




Robyn's reaction on 4/20. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Robyn's reaction on 4/20.   Robyn's reaction on 4/20. Icon_minitimeSun Jun 02, 2019 2:42 pm

slippy123 wrote:
thelmar wrote:
slippy123 wrote:

I've always found her demeanor kind of odd too, as I never personally saw any videos of her looking majorly upset, but who knows how she acted behind closed doors.
She seemed like an outcast herself, so it's possible she might of looked up to what they did, as a fuck you to all the people who didn't accept her, but of course that is purely speculation.

Several people describe Robyn as not having a lot of common sense, even though she was book smart. In her statement, Monica Schuster told police,
"Robyn is one that does not look at the consequences to her actions and does not catch things as quick as most."

That makes perfect sense.
I get the feeling that she bought the guns to either to gain clout from the boys, or simply because of her crush on Dylan.

Guns and teenagers can be a deadly combination, yet it seems like she never had any second thoughts about purchasing them.
I personally would of said hell no if I was in that situation, too risky for my liking.

I was always under the assumption she purchased the guns because of her crush on Dylan. She probably thought it might have a chance of furthering some kind of relationship with him.
Back to top Go down
slippy123

slippy123


Posts : 879
Contribution Points : 106788
Forum Reputation : 1235
Join date : 2015-08-25

Robyn's reaction on 4/20. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Robyn's reaction on 4/20.   Robyn's reaction on 4/20. Icon_minitimeSun Jun 02, 2019 4:28 pm

hvernon wrote:
slippy123 wrote:
thelmar wrote:
slippy123 wrote:

I've always found her demeanor kind of odd too, as I never personally saw any videos of her looking majorly upset, but who knows how she acted behind closed doors.
She seemed like an outcast herself, so it's possible she might of looked up to what they did, as a fuck you to all the people who didn't accept her, but of course that is purely speculation.

Several people describe Robyn as not having a lot of common sense, even though she was book smart. In her statement, Monica Schuster told police,
"Robyn is one that does not look at the consequences to her actions and does not catch things as quick as most."

That makes perfect sense.
I get the feeling that she bought the guns to either to gain clout from the boys, or simply because of her crush on Dylan.

Guns and teenagers can be a deadly combination, yet it seems like she never had any second thoughts about purchasing them.
I personally would of said hell no if I was in that situation, too risky for my liking.

I was always under the assumption she purchased the guns because of her crush on Dylan. She probably thought it might have a chance of furthering some kind of relationship with him.

You probably hit the nail on the head with that assumption.
I personally can't see any other reason aside from the "coolness" factor, or having a crush on Dylan.
Back to top Go down
milennialrebelette

milennialrebelette


Posts : 248
Contribution Points : 60765
Forum Reputation : 725
Join date : 2018-10-28
Age : 32
Location : Littleton, CO

Robyn's reaction on 4/20. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Robyn's reaction on 4/20.   Robyn's reaction on 4/20. Icon_minitimeWed Jun 05, 2019 5:58 pm

Screamingophelia wrote:
What I don’t understand is even if Robyn thought maybe they were going to do some sort of senior prank why would she be so worried about being there? I don’t know how far the Dairy Queen was from the school so it might’ve been a trek to get there and that’s why she really wanted to leave so she could get there and come back?

But I am pretty sure in the 11k and other interviews I have read people said Nate and Kristi were acting weird  too at the park? But I highly doubt Kristi  knew anything. I think they can’t really judge someone’s reaction to something. Because there’s really no template. Sue got her haircut  the day after because her lawyer said do whatever you would usually do. So she got a haircut. The world thought she looked  like a monster but she didn’t know what to do and she listened  to her lawyer. Nothing was really at that time. All of a sudden there was this mass shooting,  media was swarming  and two boys that a lot of people really loved were murderers in an instant.

The DQ all Columbine kids go to is the one on Pierce just south of Ken Caryl in the older pretty empty shopping center where Columbine Liquors and the garden center. The next closest one is all the way at like Ken Caryl and 470. Thats Chatfield kids a d dakota territory.

Anyway we used to hang out at the one on pierce in the summer a bunch of Columbine kids have always worked there and we would always meet there and hang out in the parking lot to meet up before going partyinf when I used to hang out with the "popular" kids like cheerleaders and some of the guy athletes.

It might take 10 minutes tops with traffic to get there from the school.
Back to top Go down
milennialrebelette

milennialrebelette


Posts : 248
Contribution Points : 60765
Forum Reputation : 725
Join date : 2018-10-28
Age : 32
Location : Littleton, CO

Robyn's reaction on 4/20. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Robyn's reaction on 4/20.   Robyn's reaction on 4/20. Icon_minitimeWed Jun 05, 2019 6:00 pm

slippy123 wrote:
hvernon wrote:
slippy123 wrote:
thelmar wrote:
slippy123 wrote:

I've always found her demeanor kind of odd too, as I never personally saw any videos of her looking majorly upset, but who knows how she acted behind closed doors.
She seemed like an outcast herself, so it's possible she might of looked up to what they did, as a fuck you to all the people who didn't accept her, but of course that is purely speculation.

Several people describe Robyn as not having a lot of common sense, even though she was book smart. In her statement, Monica Schuster told police,
"Robyn is one that does not look at the consequences to her actions and does not catch things as quick as most."

That makes perfect sense.
I get the feeling that she bought the guns to either to gain clout from the boys, or simply because of her crush on Dylan.

Guns and teenagers can be a deadly combination, yet it seems like she never had any second thoughts about purchasing them.
I personally would of said hell no if I was in that situation, too risky for my liking.

I was always under the assumption she purchased the guns because of her crush on Dylan. She probably thought it might have a chance of furthering some kind of relationship with him.

You probably hit the nail on the head with that assumption.
I personally can't see any other reason aside from the "coolness" factor, or having a crush on Dylan.

Totally agree with you both. She seems like she was a sweet innocent girl totally crushing on Dylan. She also seems like she was a bit naive. She wanted Dylan to like her and D and E took advantage of that.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content





Robyn's reaction on 4/20. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Robyn's reaction on 4/20.   Robyn's reaction on 4/20. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down
 
Robyn's reaction on 4/20.
Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» What would their reaction be?
» Sue's reaction to her late son's fandom
» Eric and Dylans reaction if?
» Reaction to "Klebold" by Bones.
» Tom Mauser's reaction to Sue Klebold's book

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum :: Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum :: Thoughts on the Shooting-
Jump to: