Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

What if Dylan ever did find a girlfriend?

Go down 
+8
Vii
ThoughtBox
Lizpuff
shades
slippy123
CaptainMidnight
Kida
aquillina
12 posters
AuthorMessage
aquillina

Contribution Points : 73398
Forum Reputation : 0

What if Dylan ever did find a girlfriend? Empty
PostSubject: What if Dylan ever did find a girlfriend?   What if Dylan ever did find a girlfriend? Icon_minitimeWed May 25, 2016 7:03 pm

From studying in journal it seemed like that was the one thing he wanted more than anything else. If by chance Dylan did find a special girl would she be enough to prevent the tragedy? I mean she would have to be very beautiful, kind, patient, and smart to put up with him.

Last edited by aquillina on Wed May 25, 2016 9:41 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Kida

Kida

Contribution Points : 73190

PostSubject: Re: What if Dylan ever did find a girlfriend?   What if Dylan ever did find a girlfriend? Icon_minitimeWed May 25, 2016 8:25 pm

Yup. He would have ditched NBK for a girl. But if she would have broke up with him later he would have most likely committed suicide.
Back to top Go down
CaptainMidnight

CaptainMidnight

Contribution Points : 80572

PostSubject: Re: What if Dylan ever did find a girlfriend?   What if Dylan ever did find a girlfriend? Icon_minitimeThu May 26, 2016 12:22 am

Kida wrote:
Yup. He would have ditched NBK for a girl. But if she would have broke up with him later he would have most likely committed suicide.

/thread.

I'll take your brain to another dimension
Back to top Go down
slippy123

slippy123

Contribution Points : 105438
Forum Reputation : 1235

PostSubject: Re: What if Dylan ever did find a girlfriend?   What if Dylan ever did find a girlfriend? Icon_minitimeThu May 26, 2016 2:22 am

I think Eric would too. At least depending on how far along he was with NBK. If he started to get some good poontang pie, I'm sure things would of been different. Maybe he'd be a future murder...
Back to top Go down
shades

shades

Contribution Points : 79761
Forum Reputation : 38

PostSubject: Re: What if Dylan ever did find a girlfriend?   What if Dylan ever did find a girlfriend? Icon_minitimeThu May 26, 2016 6:53 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] did you say poontang pie? Haaaaaaa.
there's a vast difference between sex and relationship. had the boys gotten laid, maybe, a friends with benefits sort of situation, do you think it'd be enough to distract them? change them maybe?

PostSubject: Re: What if Dylan ever did find a girlfriend?   What if Dylan ever did find a girlfriend? Icon_minitimeThu May 26, 2016 8:03 am

liquorvamp wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] did you say poontang pie? Haaaaaaa.
there's a vast difference between sex and relationship. had the boys gotten laid, maybe, a friends with benefits sort of situation, do you think it'd be enough to distract them? change them maybe?

For Dylan if it was true love, I hope it would be enough of soothe out his rage and hatred. But I still think he would be suicidal.
Back to top Go down
Lizpuff

Lizpuff

Contribution Points : 96199
Forum Reputation : 1190

PostSubject: Re: What if Dylan ever did find a girlfriend?   What if Dylan ever did find a girlfriend? Icon_minitimeThu May 26, 2016 8:42 am

There have been a few threads speculating this. In all honesty, I don't think a gf would have done much for either of them unless they came along prior to Jan 98 or right after.....

Once they got really into planning it would have been too late. (look at Susan for exp. Eric himself said that under diff circumstances things would have been diff)

In any case I speculate about Eric finding someone and Dylan not...because that is how Dylan always felt. Everyone always left him.

Lizpuff

Lizpuff

Contribution Points : 96199
Forum Reputation : 1190

PostSubject: Re: What if Dylan ever did find a girlfriend?   What if Dylan ever did find a girlfriend? Icon_minitimeThu May 26, 2016 8:44 am

aquillina wrote:
liquorvamp wrote:

For Dylan if it was true love, I hope it would be enough of soothe out his rage and hatred. But I still think he would be suicidal.

I am not sure the right girl existed for Dylan. He had his "dream girl" on a pedestal. And he would write about how much he loved her and blah blah then he would be let down and write that she was a shell of what he wanted.

I don't know exactly what Dylan was looking for but I don't know that it would have been attainable for him. Especially at a high school level.
Back to top Go down
shades

shades

PostSubject: Re: What if Dylan ever did find a girlfriend?   What if Dylan ever did find a girlfriend? Icon_minitimeThu May 26, 2016 8:49 am

I think the boys just wanted to have sex. Sometimes the lack of deed doing blurs your vision into thinking what you need is a person, a relationship. I feel for Eric at least he could do with a no-strings attachment, Dylan seemed like he would want a girl to love him for who he is.
At that age, with the people around them, and their friends having a girl in their arms and watching it, the pressure is aggravating.

They were different, they were below the hierarchy most would say but those two had unusually high expectations on the girls they wanted.

ThoughtBox

Contribution Points : 83946
Forum Reputation : 13

PostSubject: Re: What if Dylan ever did find a girlfriend?   What if Dylan ever did find a girlfriend? Icon_minitimeThu May 26, 2016 12:09 pm

aquillina wrote:
From studying in journal it seemed like that was the one thing he wanted more than anything else. If by chance Dylan did find a special girl would she be enough to prevent the tragedy? I mean she would have to be very beautiful, kind, patient, and smart to put up with him.

In short, yes. Any girl that would have shown him some interest which he thought worthy could have prevented this whole damnable thing.
But, as we all know, these things never last, and it's quite probably he would be even more suicidal after a breakup with said gf.

“Despair is the price one pays for self-awareness. Look deeply into life, and you'll always find despair.” -- Irvin D. Yalom, MD
Back to top Go down
shades

shades

PostSubject: Re: What if Dylan ever did find a girlfriend?   What if Dylan ever did find a girlfriend? Icon_minitimeThu May 26, 2016 12:38 pm

for me the best way to even this out is Eric with Susan. I mean, even when he had a last date and time spent with her it didn't change his mind at all. In fact she was the one who continued being nice to him the following days but he can't be bothered anymore. I know, duration might've been way too late and if he dated her earlier it might change things a little but, realistically speaking this is best to comment on based on the time had they have met the right girl for them. Got to be before NBK cause once the massacre had been planned there was no turning back.

Vii

Contribution Points : 74180

PostSubject: Re: What if Dylan ever did find a girlfriend?   What if Dylan ever did find a girlfriend? Icon_minitimeThu May 26, 2016 2:51 pm

I believe that if Dylan had found a nice, fun, and positive girl, it could have stopped him from his bad thoughts. The thing is, when he was writing about the potential girl he'd like to find, he described her to be equally as depressed and fed up with life as he was. In other words, he pretty much said that he desired a girl that'd be down to die with him after killing a bunch of people.. so if he had found someone like that then most likely he would have died as a murderer anyway (I really hate to say that).
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] I do think there was a chance that if he had met someone like Susan earlier, it could have prevented him from doing this. They hung out only once and it was only days prior and there was no guarantee for a future relationship. He was running out of time and maybe he was afraid that she would have eventually friend-zoned him like all the others did.
Back to top Go down
Sane One

Contribution Points : 84873

PostSubject: Re: What if Dylan ever did find a girlfriend?   What if Dylan ever did find a girlfriend? Icon_minitimeThu May 26, 2016 3:57 pm

Often times, the person you're with shares the same interests as you. I don't see how any of this would have been prevented even if they had girlfriends. Their thought process would most likely remain the same, if not get stronger with more people, girls or not.
Back to top Go down
shades

shades

PostSubject: Re: What if Dylan ever did find a girlfriend?   What if Dylan ever did find a girlfriend? Icon_minitimeThu May 26, 2016 4:02 pm

@SaneOne good one.

Kida

Contribution Points : 73190

PostSubject: Re: What if Dylan ever did find a girlfriend?   What if Dylan ever did find a girlfriend? Icon_minitimeThu May 26, 2016 4:17 pm

From what we know, the girls that Dylan showed interest in were not like him. They clearly didnt share the same interests.
As for Eric, if he had met Susan or any other girl earlier (especially before he got guns), things would have been different.
We will never know.
Back to top Go down
shades

shades

PostSubject: Re: What if Dylan ever did find a girlfriend?   What if Dylan ever did find a girlfriend? Icon_minitimeThu May 26, 2016 4:29 pm

Dylan wanted a girl who was unattainable and Eric had shots with various girls who don't seem to carry on a relationship with him.

Freezingmoon

Contribution Points : 77520

PostSubject: Re: What if Dylan ever did find a girlfriend?   What if Dylan ever did find a girlfriend? Icon_minitimeThu May 26, 2016 5:04 pm

I don't think girlfriends would have changed anything.  They had very disturbed thought processes.  The only girls who would have wanted long term relationships with them would have been very disturbed girls....which of course would not have made for a good situation.  They already egged each other on... A mentally deranged girl egging them on would have made matters worse. 

Initially, before thoughts of NBK, I think they both suffered from the issue of having standards that were too high. I'm sorry, but if you're at the bottom of the totem pole then you aren't gonna get the most popular pretty girls in school.  That's just how it is. Eric couldn't even manage relationships with the girls who have him a chance.... So yeah.....

Isabela dislikes this post

Back to top Go down
shades

shades

PostSubject: Re: What if Dylan ever did find a girlfriend?   What if Dylan ever did find a girlfriend? Icon_minitimeThu May 26, 2016 6:21 pm

But would swiping the V card make them feel a little better though. We know how adolescent guys are about having have gotten laid amongst teens who prob brag and joke about sleeping with someone. I'm not talking in a relationship sense. Not sure if it's been discussed here before or if I read it but I feel if they had a sexual relationship where they could even incorporate some of their deranged thoughts through consensual...activities?, things might've been slightly tolerable for them.

Doesn't matter, anyway, I feel their situation/issues were much bigger. Sex/Girls is just one part of it.

PostSubject: Re: What if Dylan ever did find a girlfriend?   What if Dylan ever did find a girlfriend? Icon_minitimeThu May 26, 2016 6:35 pm

liquorvamp wrote:
Dylan wanted a girl who was unattainable and Eric had shots with various girls who don't seem to carry on a relationship with him.

Mind expanding on that part please?
Back to top Go down
shades

shades

PostSubject: Re: What if Dylan ever did find a girlfriend?   What if Dylan ever did find a girlfriend? Icon_minitimeThu May 26, 2016 6:50 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] through his writings he's expressed an idea of a girl he wanted that almost doesn't exist. He wanted either a singular or various different girls (in his life) that would never be with someone like him. In terms of the massacre, he initially wanted his Mallory to the Mickey he was emulating just like Natural Born Killers.

lilith

Contribution Points : 73225

PostSubject: Re: What if Dylan ever did find a girlfriend?   What if Dylan ever did find a girlfriend? Icon_minitimeSat May 28, 2016 12:24 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] yeah it was a lot like a manic pixie dream girls fantasy almost. which is actually quite unhealthy and misogynistic. =/

Lodka

Contribution Points : 72207

PostSubject: Re: What if Dylan ever did find a girlfriend?   What if Dylan ever did find a girlfriend? Icon_minitimeThu Jun 02, 2016 6:06 pm

It could've prevented, but it wouldn't be a guarantee. Just see Steven Kazmierczak, he had a girlfriend and it seemed they were happy and still he carried on with the shooting at Northern Illinois University.

So I think there could've have been three situations if Dylan had find a girlfriend. In the first one he would find a girl who really like him and they would he happy together, making Dylan forget about his depression and violent thoughts.

In the second one he would find a girlfriend, but he would realize that a relationship it's not exactly what he was expecting and he would get frustrated because of it and maybe he would become even more depressed because a relationship was his last hope of having a happy life.

And finally the third one could be similar to Kazmierczak's. He would have a girlfriend and he would be happy with her, but the thoughts and depression of many years still would lead him to carry on with the attack and even Eric would encourage him to go NBK with him.
Back to top Go down
aquillina

PostSubject: Re: What if Dylan ever did find a girlfriend?   What if Dylan ever did find a girlfriend? Icon_minitimeThu Jun 02, 2016 7:07 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] I think the third would have been the most logical. However if she were to do something drastic like break into the school and confront him head on....hoping she doesn't get killed in the process. Who knows what could have happened. It's something I would like to explore for my fanfic.

Last edited by aquillina on Thu Jun 02, 2016 11:57 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Lodka

Contribution Points : 72207

PostSubject: Re: What if Dylan ever did find a girlfriend?   What if Dylan ever did find a girlfriend? Icon_minitimeThu Jun 02, 2016 8:04 pm

aquillina wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] I think the third would have been the most logical. However if she were to do something drastic like break into the school and confront him head on....hoping she doesn't get killed in the process. Who knows what could have happened. It's something I would like to explore for my fanfic.

I think if that had happened he would've stopped the killing, but then he could've had a problem with Eric, who wouldn't be keen to stop like him. Then either they would have an argument and maybe they would try to shot each other or Dylan would just leave with the girl and let Eric alone to finish the attack, which I think it's most likely.

In general if they had any kind of intervention by someone they knew I think the would've have stopped the attack, like it happened with John Savage, they knew him so they let him go, but in his case he wasn't close enough to both of them to have the power of persuation to stop them, but if it was Dylan's girlfriend or his mother I think they would've better chances. In the case of Eric I don't really know who would be strong enough for him to make him stop, maybe his parents.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What if Dylan ever did find a girlfriend?   What if Dylan ever did find a girlfriend? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What if Dylan ever did find a girlfriend?
Page 1 of 1