Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

"I'm Not Ashamed" movie hits theaters on Friday, October 21

Go down 
+26
TeenSpiritColumbine
Imperator
Yumeko-chan
Nirvana92
Jenn
jada887
sororityalpha
gunsgobang
WendlaBergman
eli27
asloversgo
aquillina
Sane One
spinvault
Freezingmoon
bubbles
OldskoolNBK
Draw_It_White
Archvile
shades
Juicy Jazzy
TheSpiral
Kiwik
Lizpuff
PaintItBlack
LPorter101
30 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Juicy Jazzy

Juicy Jazzy

Contribution Points : 98569
Forum Reputation : 21

"I'm Not Ashamed" movie hits theaters on Friday, October 21 - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: "I'm Not Ashamed" movie hits theaters on Friday, October 21   "I'm Not Ashamed" movie hits theaters on Friday, October 21 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 22, 2016 12:45 am

Its hard to take that site seriously, they are so incredibly anti-Christian it's laughable. Will wait for a non bias review.
Back to top Go down
Kiwik

Kiwik

Contribution Points : 74201
Forum Reputation : 25

PostSubject: Re: "I'm Not Ashamed" movie hits theaters on Friday, October 21   "I'm Not Ashamed" movie hits theaters on Friday, October 21 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 22, 2016 9:07 am

Juicy Jazzy wrote:
Its hard to take that site seriously, they are so incredibly anti-Christian it's laughable. Will wait for a non bias review.

Holy crap!  Shocked  I had no idea they were anti-Christian! This review showed up as a recommendation so I wasn't familiar with their site before reading it. Thanks for the info!
Back to top Go down
shades

shades

Contribution Points : 79761
Forum Reputation : 38

PostSubject: Re: "I'm Not Ashamed" movie hits theaters on Friday, October 21   "I'm Not Ashamed" movie hits theaters on Friday, October 21 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 22, 2016 10:40 am

How are you all expecting it to be good somehow or wait for a good review? There's not gonna be one, everybody knows it's a joke and it's watched to see how goddamn stupid it is.

Kiwik

PostSubject: Re: "I'm Not Ashamed" movie hits theaters on Friday, October 21   "I'm Not Ashamed" movie hits theaters on Friday, October 21 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 22, 2016 11:38 am

I don't think it will be good, even the article I linked said the low budget aspects alone are pretty laughable. But I'm curious to see how people who have seen it are reacting to it and what they're taking away from it, so I'm interested in the reviews. I'm waiting for someone to point out inaccuracies between fact vs fiction.
Back to top Go down
shades

shades

PostSubject: Re: "I'm Not Ashamed" movie hits theaters on Friday, October 21   "I'm Not Ashamed" movie hits theaters on Friday, October 21 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 22, 2016 12:12 pm

Well for starters everything about the boys is bullshit. Secondly you will never get a proper review or good pointers because this film is Rachel-biased by default and it's a vanity project backed by her family just for her so how are you ever gonna know if what she went through in school is true or not? Eric nor Dylan can't even vouch for themselves cause they're dead and that's what I hate about it. I'm behind the boys on how they really were when they were alive, they never made that sort of contact with Rachel and lastly this is not a Columbine biopic. I would place this under just a victim project kinda like that unheard of movie based on Lauren's mother which by the way is 10x better than this crap.

Last edited by shades on Sat Oct 22, 2016 12:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
shades

shades

PostSubject: Re: "I'm Not Ashamed" movie hits theaters on Friday, October 21   "I'm Not Ashamed" movie hits theaters on Friday, October 21 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 22, 2016 12:13 pm

And how are people reacting? They're laughing. and afterwards they're removed from my dashboard.

Kiwik

PostSubject: Re: "I'm Not Ashamed" movie hits theaters on Friday, October 21   "I'm Not Ashamed" movie hits theaters on Friday, October 21 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 22, 2016 1:35 pm

I agree 100%. I stated earlier in this thread that I can't respect someone making a movie based on a lie to promote religion. What E&D did in real life was bad enough without having to stretch the truth, and I'm well aware that they demonize them in this. However. Part of me finds some twisted amusement in seeing people bash something that I'm against.

P.s. I watched Dawn Anna back when it first aired, and I agree that they did a good job with it. They should have made Rachel's movie more like that one, but I consider the source. Sad
Back to top Go down
asloversgo

Contribution Points : 75683
Forum Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: "I'm Not Ashamed" movie hits theaters on Friday, October 21   "I'm Not Ashamed" movie hits theaters on Friday, October 21 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 22, 2016 9:21 pm

Am I the only one that saw it?
Back to top Go down
TheSpiral

TheSpiral

Contribution Points : 74889
Forum Reputation : 63

PostSubject: Re: "I'm Not Ashamed" movie hits theaters on Friday, October 21   "I'm Not Ashamed" movie hits theaters on Friday, October 21 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 23, 2016 6:33 am

I didn't see it yet, waiting to pirate it.

Now everybody dancing, the dance of the dead
The dance of the dead, the dance of the dead
Back to top Go down
shades

shades

PostSubject: Re: "I'm Not Ashamed" movie hits theaters on Friday, October 21   "I'm Not Ashamed" movie hits theaters on Friday, October 21 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 23, 2016 7:16 am

Hope you guys aren't so simple minded and fall for anything after seeing it. Obviously painting Rachel in a perfect colour or not, remember that with the boys' portrayal they are not around to vouch for their own accounts. I mean for starters every single scene the boys had didn't happen at fucking all.

Forum & Discord Server Owner
Jenn

Contribution Points : 118808
Forum Reputation : 1004

PostSubject: Re: "I'm Not Ashamed" movie hits theaters on Friday, October 21   "I'm Not Ashamed" movie hits theaters on Friday, October 21 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 23, 2016 11:33 am

Actually, the movie did make it to the box office in the United States. It opened in over 500 theaters throughout the country so I can guarantee that there will definitely be some reviews on it. It was only released 2 days ago so give it some time but according to sales, the movie has already grossed over $300 thousand dollars so..people are watching it. No, it's not a huge amount but people are definitely going to see it.

Most of the people on IMDB are giving the movie 10 out of 10 stars with an overall rating of 7.5/10.

Back to top Go down
shades

shades

PostSubject: Re: "I'm Not Ashamed" movie hits theaters on Friday, October 21   "I'm Not Ashamed" movie hits theaters on Friday, October 21 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 23, 2016 11:43 am

Is that suppose to mean it's good and everybody cares?

Jenn

PostSubject: Re: "I'm Not Ashamed" movie hits theaters on Friday, October 21   "I'm Not Ashamed" movie hits theaters on Friday, October 21 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 23, 2016 1:12 pm

shades wrote:
Is that suppose to mean it's good and everybody cares?
No, it's supposed to mean that you're telling people it won't hit the box office, which it did hit the box office here in the United States. I'm not sure if it's going to be released in your country but it has been released in the US in over 500 theaters so yes, it has hit the box office. And you're also trying to convince everyone that there will be no reviews and that any reviews given are irrelevant. Let people make up their own minds about the film if and when they see it. Just because you don't care doesn't mean that maybe there are people who do. I think everyone here knows your opinion about the movie as you've had something negative to say every single time someone posts in this thread.

Back to top Go down
shades

shades

PostSubject: Re: "I'm Not Ashamed" movie hits theaters on Friday, October 21   "I'm Not Ashamed" movie hits theaters on Friday, October 21 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 23, 2016 2:37 pm

Girl alright, of course it's shown all over the States in itself. That's just the states it's not gonna go worldwide. From your post it sounds like you're trying to say the fact that it's really bad and inaccurate is not true from the numbers it brought in or that some people like it. Why did I say the reviews are irrelevant? Cause what is it gonna be judged on? Cinematography? The dialogue? If it's about truth it's gonna go down the drain, half of it is extremely made up and bringing attention to one victim who herself can't even have any say on it.

There's people who feel the way I do, whereas there's some who are trying to push this project on those who don't care from the get-go and I don't get why. I guess I have alot of feelings on the ex-popular kid who gets a vanity project made on her behalf while the other victims don't. but I know what I will be told, that her family can do whatever they want.

Kiwik

PostSubject: Re: "I'm Not Ashamed" movie hits theaters on Friday, October 21   "I'm Not Ashamed" movie hits theaters on Friday, October 21 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 23, 2016 3:48 pm

The main reason I've somewhat followed this movie at all is b/c I was kinda hoping it would inspire a renewed interest in columbine, kinda like Sue's book did earlier this year. Maybe bring up new questions and discussion material. Not sure if anyone else has noticed but there hasn't been a whole lot to talk about on the subject lately. And I was hoping the movie would help spike up the interest again.
Back to top Go down
Jenn
Jenn

PostSubject: Re: "I'm Not Ashamed" movie hits theaters on Friday, October 21   "I'm Not Ashamed" movie hits theaters on Friday, October 21 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 23, 2016 4:06 pm

shades wrote:
Girl alright, of course it's shown all over the States in itself. That's just the states it's not gonna go worldwide. From your post it sounds like you're trying to say the fact that it's really bad and inaccurate is not true from the numbers it brought in or that some people like it. Why did I say the reviews are irrelevant? Cause what is it gonna be judged on? Cinematography? The dialogue? If it's about truth it's gonna go down the drain, half of it is extremely made up and bringing attention to one victim who herself can't even have any say on it.

There's people who feel the way I do, whereas there's some who are trying to push this project on those who don't care from the get-go and I don't get why. I guess I have alot of feelings on the ex-popular kid who gets a vanity project made on her behalf while the other victims don't. but I know what I will be told, that her family can do whatever they want.
I'd appreciate if you're going to address me, you do it by my username. Thank you. And in whose opinion is this movie "really bad"? Your own opinion? Have you even seen the movie? No, probably not. And again, who are the reviews "irrelevant" to? You? Don't speak for everyone in the Columbine community.

And of course there are people who feel like you do but there are also people who don't feel the way you do. Let people make their own minds up about this film. No one needs to see you saying every single time someone makes a post how much you despise this film you've never even seen.

And I hate to say it, but most films, in general, that are "based on a true story" have things added to them or things changed around to make the story more interesting to the viewer. Why would this movie be an exception? Anyone who knows anything about Columbine is going to take this movie with a grain of salt when watching it.

What is it you're afraid of that you need to continuously bash this film? That Rachel is going to get more attention than Dylan and Eric? You already admitted earlier in this thread that you don't want Rachel getting any more attention than she deserves. Although, I notice that you tend to share videos and other things that give the murderers attention, such as making threads joking about the Basement Tapes being released but the thread was nothing but videos of Eric's fanboys pretending to be him. It's OK for them to get attention but not one of the people they murdered? Are you afraid that Dylan and Eric are going to be misrepresented in the film? That the movie will some how make them look worse than they were? Well, they are already ruthless murderers so I don't think a low budget film can make them look any worse than they already were.

Me personally, I have no opinion on the film because I did not see the film. Whether it has any truth to it or not, I don't know but I imagine it does if it is based on Rachel's diary entries. When and if I ever do watch it, I will leave a review and I encourage anyone else who sees it to tell us what they think of it. Their own opinion. Not what someone else keeps trying to push onto you.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: "I'm Not Ashamed" movie hits theaters on Friday, October 21   "I'm Not Ashamed" movie hits theaters on Friday, October 21 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 23, 2016 6:53 pm

Draw_It_White wrote:
Archvile wrote:
Draw_It_White wrote:

Your location is set as England - did you walk round with your eyes closed that week after the massacre? It was all over the TV and papers for days & we had the live pictures as it actually happened.
Maybe in your area, I haven't met anybody who even knows what Columbine is. I'd even research on it in the public library and people still had no clue. I've never seen Columbine mentioned on British television, other than documentaries on the crime channel, then again I don't watch the news.

It doesn't get mentioned anymore (unless there's a shooting elsewhere), but when it happened it was absolutely massive nationally.

i agree with you but so this movie hasn't showed in England theaters only USA
Back to top Go down
aquillina

Contribution Points : 73398

PostSubject: Re: "I'm Not Ashamed" movie hits theaters on Friday, October 21   "I'm Not Ashamed" movie hits theaters on Friday, October 21 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 24, 2016 12:37 am

I'm still waiting for it to appear on digital download.

shades

PostSubject: Re: "I'm Not Ashamed" movie hits theaters on Friday, October 21   "I'm Not Ashamed" movie hits theaters on Friday, October 21 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 24, 2016 12:36 pm

Jenn wrote:
What is it you're afraid of that you need to continuously bash this film? That Rachel is going to get more attention than Dylan and Eric? You already admitted earlier in this thread that you don't want Rachel getting any more attention than she deserves. Although, I notice that you tend to share videos and other things that give the murderers attention, such as making threads joking about the Basement Tapes being released but the thread was nothing but videos of Eric's fanboys pretending to be him. It's OK for them to get attention but not one of the people they murdered? Are you afraid that Dylan and Eric are going to be misrepresented in the film? That the movie will some how make them look worse than they were? Well, they are already ruthless murderers so I don't think a low budget film can make them look any worse than they already were.

I don't think afraid is the word but of course no one wants the murderers misrepresented either, I would appreciate it more if it's exactly who they where and what they went through in their days there. If they're purposely making them look worse, corny, then isn't it obvious how biased the film is trying to be? So Rachel would look perfect?
This low budget film has already made them look worse than they already were.
And it's not just Rachel getting more attention than just Eric and Dylan but for me I would rather a film made of the other victims whom I care about.

And I share funny videos of the boys and making jokes about the basement tapes I think it's totally fine and lighthearted, once in awhile some of us here can actually take a joke AND that has nothing to do with me not supporting the film and bringing to light its inaccuracies.

Lastly, I admit, my opinion is not everybody's and It's not my place to push people not to watch it either so that's a noted point. x

Jenn

PostSubject: Re: "I'm Not Ashamed" movie hits theaters on Friday, October 21   "I'm Not Ashamed" movie hits theaters on Friday, October 21 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 24, 2016 3:21 pm

shades wrote:
Jenn wrote:

I don't think afraid is the word but of course no one wants the murderers misrepresented either, I would appreciate it more if it's exactly who they where and what they went through in their days there. If they're purposely making them look worse, corny, then isn't it obvious how biased the film is trying to be? So Rachel would look perfect?
And it's not just Rachel getting more attention than just Eric and Dylan but for me I would rather a film made of the other victims whom I care about.

And I share funny videos of the boys and making jokes about the basement tapes I think it's totally fine and lighthearted, once in awhile some of us here can actually take a joke AND that has nothing to do with me not supporting the film and bringing to light its inaccuracies.

Lastly, I admit, my opinion is not everybody's and It's not my place to push people not to watch it either so that's a noted point. x
Who they were? They were murderers. That is who they were. And what they went through? And what exactly did they go through? Let me guess, the whole "they were bullied" defense? Well they bullied just as much as they were bullied. Both of them talked about how they picked on other kids in their journals. Dylan and Eric are not innocent. And being bullied is not an excuse to go on a killing rampage and it really bothers me to no end when people try to say "if they weren't bullied they wouldn't have done it" or "they had such a tough time at Columbine".

Dylan and Eric may have been bullied, yes that is true. But the bullying they received was nothing compared to what some kids go through. Dylan and Eric were spoiled brats who had good lives and could have actually made something of themselves. They had families, they had friends, they had money, they had cars, they had jobs, they had pets that they adored, they had parents who wanted them to succeed. I could go on and on. These kids had good lives. And let's not forget they had less than a month to go. 1 more fucking month and they would never see those people again. I believe the entire thing was planned because Dylan was depressed and needed an excuse to commit suicide and he's the one who roped Eric into it. If they endured this horrible bullying for 4 years, they could go one more damn month.

And besides, this movie is not about Dylan and Eric, it's about Rachel. There are stories to be told about Columbine that do not revolve around Dylan and Eric and their image. And honestly, I think Dylan and Eric would be more embarrassed seeing pictures of themselves with flowers and rose petals photoshopped to their heads than the very small part they have in this movie that is not even about them.

And what do you mean by the movie will make "Rachel look perfect". What exactly did Rachel do? Made some mistakes in her earlier years at Columbine by falling in with the wrong crowd? Rachel was a young girl who was trying to find herself and stay true to her faith. She was an innocent young girl who had her entire life in front of her and it was ripped right out of her hands when this selfish, spoiled son of a bitch shot her point blank in the head. You have no sympathy for her though. With Rachel, all you care about is that she doesn't get more attention than she deserves. But Dylan and Eric? It's so important to you that they aren't made to look any worse than they were or not made to look "corny". They are killers. Ruthless murderers. And honestly, it makes no difference one way or the other if Eric asked her if she believed in God. He killed her. Murdered her. Shot her in the head. There is no way to misrepresent that.

And my whole point is that you constantly give attention to Dylan and Eric. More attention than they deserve. It doesn't really matter what the content is. I was just using the videos because that is the most recent example of you creating an entire thread to joke around about the Basement Tapes being released when the video was just a fan boy all tattooed up with Dylan and Eric's names on his chest pretending to be Eric Harris. That deserves an entire thread and attention but let's not give this poor murdered girl any more attention than she deserves, right?

And for the record, I can take a joke and normally none of the threads created bother me. I'm fine with fan related videos and fan related fanfiction. I understand everyone has a different point of view and that's fine. And I'm usually very good at not being bias, respecting everyone else's opinion and just letting people discuss all aspects of Columbine but it bothers me that you feel the need to continuously come into this thread just to bash this innocent murdered girl and complain about everyone else's opinions. I think we all know how you feel about Rachel, how you feel about Dylan and Eric and how you feel about the film. Just because you don't care about the reviews or seeing the film doesn't mean that others feel the same way.

And that's all I really have to say about this. And well, as for Rachel, I'll just leave this here for her.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Back to top Go down
shades

shades

PostSubject: Re: "I'm Not Ashamed" movie hits theaters on Friday, October 21   "I'm Not Ashamed" movie hits theaters on Friday, October 21 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 24, 2016 3:39 pm

What they went through meaning their days which was mildly depicted in the movie but obviously slightly fictionalised. Their execution of Rachel in itself is already a made up scene. Have I sounded like I have no sympathy for her? I do for her, I do for all of them. Will I deny that perhaps I do more for a few of the other victims than her though? Hmm... maybe I won't. Is it in my power to stop the continuous spotlight on her from happening? Most definitely not.

I'm just gonna stop here cause I think this won't end and it's probably better if you have the last word. Besides I already made my point one time too many on this on here already anyways.

Jenn wrote:
I think Dylan and Eric would be more embarrassed seeing pictures of themselves with flowers and rose petals photoshopped to their heads than the very small part they have in this movie that is not even about them.

Again, nothing to do with me, leave this to the Tumblr fandom.

I appreciate your response, it's very well-written and it is your forum so I will respect what you tried to point out.

Speaking of the movie, there's a scene where a couple of jocks taunted the TCM and one of them got punched in the gut by them. Can we vouch if that's true or is that a personal account from Rachel's diary.

Draw_It_White

Contribution Points : 98043
Forum Reputation : 154

PostSubject: Re: "I'm Not Ashamed" movie hits theaters on Friday, October 21   "I'm Not Ashamed" movie hits theaters on Friday, October 21 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 24, 2016 4:00 pm

Have you seen the movie then?

A few of the TCM were nasty guys, frequently getting into fights.
Back to top Go down
shades

shades

PostSubject: Re: "I'm Not Ashamed" movie hits theaters on Friday, October 21   "I'm Not Ashamed" movie hits theaters on Friday, October 21 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 24, 2016 4:13 pm

I skimmed through it because someone on my dashboard compiled a couple of scenes intending to make like, a meme or a joke out of it I don't know, so I saw a few of the school scenes and not gonna spoil it but some jocks gave the TCM a hard time.

Draw_It_White

Contribution Points : 98043
Forum Reputation : 154

PostSubject: Re: "I'm Not Ashamed" movie hits theaters on Friday, October 21   "I'm Not Ashamed" movie hits theaters on Friday, October 21 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 24, 2016 4:42 pm

I'm gonna give it a go when I get my wifi up and running in my new flat next week.
Back to top Go down
Nirvana92

Nirvana92

Contribution Points : 83239
Forum Reputation : 80

PostSubject: Re: "I'm Not Ashamed" movie hits theaters on Friday, October 21   "I'm Not Ashamed" movie hits theaters on Friday, October 21 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 25, 2016 5:54 am

shades wrote:
What they went through meaning their days which was mildly depicted in the movie but obviously slightly fictionalised. Their execution of Rachel in itself is already a made up scene. Have I sounded like I have no sympathy for her? I do for her, I do for all of them. Will I deny that perhaps I do more for a few of the other victims than her though? Hmm... maybe I won't. Is it in my power to stop the continuous spotlight on her from happening? Most definitely not.

I'm just gonna stop here cause I think this won't end and it's probably better if you have the last word. Besides I already made my point one time too many on this on here already anyways.

Jenn wrote:
I think Dylan and Eric would be more embarrassed seeing pictures of themselves with flowers and rose petals photoshopped to their heads than the very small part they have in this movie that is not even about them.

Again, nothing to do with me, leave this to the Tumblr fandom.

I appreciate your response, it's very well-written and it is your forum so I will respect what you tried to point out.

Speaking of the movie, there's a scene where a couple of jocks taunted the TCM and one of them got punched in the gut by them. Can we vouch if that's true or is that a personal account from Rachel's diary.

Let's be honest, there's no reason to argue against the film here. Just about anyone on this board knows the film's depiction of both E/D and Rachel's death is pure bias and borderline fiction. The Scotts have been milking their daughters death in the name of Christianity for years. Personally I find it disgusting and in extremely poor taste, but the truth is its easier to make a Columbine film based on a victim than E/D. Ultimately the boy's were mass murderers whose actions can't be justified no matter how much you may try. Id love to see a non-biased account of the massacre someday, but that aint gonna happen because itd be giving the killers exactly what they hoped for. Every mainstream review ive seen bashes the film for its exploitation of the massacre , as well as the one dimensional representation of E/D. The film was made for christians who care more about the bullshit propaganda than actual facts. Anyone who views it and goes home to do even the slightest bit of research will quickly learn that there's more to the case than the film represents. The ones who don't care about hard facts won't be easily swayed by the truth either. It is what is, and there's really no reason to get worked up over it.
Back to top Go down
aquillina

PostSubject: Re: "I'm Not Ashamed" movie hits theaters on Friday, October 21   "I'm Not Ashamed" movie hits theaters on Friday, October 21 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 25, 2016 10:22 pm

I am not gonna bother wasting my money on this cheap-ass B movie. Although I might wait for it on digital download only because I want to see how Eric and Dylan are portrayed in the latest installment.

TheSpiral

Contribution Points : 74889
Forum Reputation : 63

PostSubject: Re: "I'm Not Ashamed" movie hits theaters on Friday, October 21   "I'm Not Ashamed" movie hits theaters on Friday, October 21 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 26, 2016 6:27 am

I'll just skip to the Eric and Dylan parts, couldn't care less about anything other than that.

Now everybody dancing, the dance of the dead
The dance of the dead, the dance of the dead
Back to top Go down
shades

shades

PostSubject: Re: "I'm Not Ashamed" movie hits theaters on Friday, October 21   "I'm Not Ashamed" movie hits theaters on Friday, October 21 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 26, 2016 12:28 pm

Eric....is not eric at all lol that's just the last thing I'll say about this on here. I love you

Contribution Points : 105390
Forum Reputation : 102

PostSubject: Re: "I'm Not Ashamed" movie hits theaters on Friday, October 21   "I'm Not Ashamed" movie hits theaters on Friday, October 21 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 26, 2016 2:33 pm

I think I've already stated I have no intentions of seeing the movie, and I can tell based on who I'm in contact with in the Columbine community, most people there don't plan on seeing it either.
Back to top Go down
aquillina

PostSubject: Re: "I'm Not Ashamed" movie hits theaters on Friday, October 21   "I'm Not Ashamed" movie hits theaters on Friday, October 21 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 26, 2016 2:37 pm

Yumeko-chan wrote:
I think I've already stated I have no intentions of seeing the movie, and I can tell based on who I'm in contact with in the Columbine community, most people there don't plan on seeing it either.
Which is why I'm asking what's the purpose of making this movie?

Contribution Points : 105390
Forum Reputation : 102

PostSubject: Re: "I'm Not Ashamed" movie hits theaters on Friday, October 21   "I'm Not Ashamed" movie hits theaters on Friday, October 21 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 26, 2016 3:12 pm

aquillina wrote:
Yumeko-chan wrote:
Which is why I'm asking what's the purpose of making this movie?

To perpetuate the myth that she was a martyr, I suppose.
Back to top Go down
Imperator

Imperator

Contribution Points : 73270
Forum Reputation : 175

PostSubject: Re: "I'm Not Ashamed" movie hits theaters on Friday, October 21   "I'm Not Ashamed" movie hits theaters on Friday, October 21 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 27, 2016 3:57 pm

It's not going to generate much in the way of attention either.  Except on close circles or places like this.  infinitesimal really.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: "I'm Not Ashamed" movie hits theaters on Friday, October 21   "I'm Not Ashamed" movie hits theaters on Friday, October 21 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 27, 2016 6:17 pm

hi guys could you help me ? I live in England and i can't see this movie i'm trying to find it on google but i can't watch it cuz the blog want that i made a new account but they want my credit card coordinate ...is there a chanel where i can watch it in freedom without an account ?
Back to top Go down
Kiwik

Kiwik

PostSubject: Re: "I'm Not Ashamed" movie hits theaters on Friday, October 21   "I'm Not Ashamed" movie hits theaters on Friday, October 21 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 27, 2016 7:46 pm

Since most of us can't really bring ourselves to pay to see this movie but are still curious of what people are saying about it, I've read a couple reviews (can't link them b/c they are from personal social media accounts) that sums up most of it.

Obviously the religious crowd is praising the movie but the columbine community is condemning it due to inaccuracies (on both sides) which isn't at all surprising. Apparently they don't use anyone's real names and they "cullenize" e&d's characters, making Eric out to be the mastermind behind the shooting and even seeming to bullying Dylan into agreeing to go along with it. Supposedly there's even a scene where they're playing video games and they have Eric come up with the idea for nbk and Dylan calls him "sick".This is pretty disappointing since it further perpetuates the whole "psychopath & depressive" theory. They apparently also make them out to have targeted christians, Rachel in particular which isn't surprising either. Everyone says their parts are pretty small.

Most of the religious viewers make little to no mention of e&d's characters but some of the ones that do actually express sympathy for them.
Back to top Go down
asloversgo

Contribution Points : 75683

PostSubject: Re: "I'm Not Ashamed" movie hits theaters on Friday, October 21   "I'm Not Ashamed" movie hits theaters on Friday, October 21 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 28, 2016 10:05 pm

Jenn wrote:
shades wrote:
Jenn wrote:

Who they were? They were murderers. That is who they were. And what they went through? And what exactly did they go through? Let me guess, the whole "they were bullied" defense? Well they bullied just as much as they were bullied. Both of them talked about how they picked on other kids in their journals. Dylan and Eric are not innocent. And being bullied is not an excuse to go on a killing rampage and it really bothers me to no end when people try to say "if they weren't bullied they wouldn't have done it" or "they had such a tough time at Columbine".

Dylan and Eric may have been bullied, yes that is true. But the bullying they received was nothing compared to what some kids go through. Dylan and Eric were spoiled brats who had good lives and could have actually made something of themselves. They had families, they had friends, they had money, they had cars, they had jobs, they had pets that they adored, they had parents who wanted them to succeed. I could go on and on. These kids had good lives. And let's not forget they had less than a month to go. 1 more fucking month and they would never see those people again. I believe the entire thing was planned because Dylan was depressed and needed an excuse to commit suicide and he's the one who roped Eric into it. If they endured this horrible bullying for 4 years, they could go one more damn month.

And besides, this movie is not about Dylan and Eric, it's about Rachel. There are stories to be told about Columbine that do not revolve around Dylan and Eric and their image. And honestly, I think Dylan and Eric would be more embarrassed seeing pictures of themselves with flowers and rose petals photoshopped to their heads than the very small part they have in this movie that is not even about them.

And what do you mean by the movie will make "Rachel look perfect". What exactly did Rachel do? Made some mistakes in her earlier years at Columbine by falling in with the wrong crowd? Rachel was a young girl who was trying to find herself and stay true to her faith. She was an innocent young girl who had her entire life in front of her and it was ripped right out of her hands when this selfish, spoiled son of a bitch shot her point blank in the head. You have no sympathy for her though. With Rachel, all you care about is that she doesn't get more attention than she deserves. But Dylan and Eric? It's so important to you that they aren't made to look any worse than they were or not made to look "corny". They are killers. Ruthless murderers. And honestly, it makes no difference one way or the other if Eric asked her if she believed in God. He killed her. Murdered her. Shot her in the head. There is no way to misrepresent that.

And my whole point is that you constantly give attention to Dylan and Eric. More attention than they deserve. It doesn't really matter what the content is. I was just using the videos because that is the most recent example of you creating an entire thread to joke around about the Basement Tapes being released when the video was just a fan boy all tattooed up with Dylan and Eric's names on his chest pretending to be Eric Harris. That deserves an entire thread and attention but let's not give this poor murdered girl any more attention than she deserves, right?

And for the record, I can take a joke and normally none of the threads created bother me. I'm fine with fan related videos and fan related fanfiction. I understand everyone has a different point of view and that's fine. And I'm usually very good at not being bias, respecting everyone else's opinion and just letting people discuss all aspects of Columbine but it bothers me that you feel the need to continuously come into this thread just to bash this innocent murdered girl and complain about everyone else's opinions. I think we all know how you feel about Rachel, how you feel about Dylan and Eric and how you feel about the film. Just because you don't care about the reviews or seeing the film doesn't mean that others feel the same way.

And that's all I really have to say about this. And well, as for Rachel, I'll just leave this here for her.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I actually really liked it even though I recognized the inaccurate parts. It really did focus on her life and not her death. The script was from a NEW journal that hasn't been published, shared between Rachel and a homeless man that she befriended named Mark. He attended the premiere and let Rachel's mom use it which I thought was really nice. He also spoke at her funeral.

You can say they never asked her if she believed in God but the movie is about her life. She really did tell people she wasn't going to live long. She really did tell people she would change the world. She WAS suicidal at times as this movie shows. Her story IS fascinating.  I HATE that people are going to watch this just to see Eric and Dylan.  This is what they wanted. They were bullied but they WERE murderers. Jenn, I love your response.
I sat in the theater behind teenagers who were watching. They weren't alive in 1999 and when it showed E&D pulling into the parking lot and holding guns, looking at Rachel and Rich it made me sick. All of the teenagers said " no no" "no way" they had no idea. Really crazy.
Back to top Go down
TeenSpiritColumbine

TeenSpiritColumbine

Contribution Points : 68294

PostSubject: Re: "I'm Not Ashamed" movie hits theaters on Friday, October 21   "I'm Not Ashamed" movie hits theaters on Friday, October 21 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 06, 2016 8:23 am

Maybe this movie will inspire Josh Duggar to martyr himself for his faith. One can only pray. Twisted Evil

Jenn

PostSubject: Re: "I'm Not Ashamed" movie hits theaters on Friday, October 21   "I'm Not Ashamed" movie hits theaters on Friday, October 21 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 06, 2016 9:49 am

TeenSpiritColumbine wrote:
Maybe this movie will inspire Josh Duggar to martyr himself for his faith. One can only pray. Twisted Evil
I can't stand Josh Duggar. Just the sight of him gets on my nerves. He just looks like a creepy pedophile. Oh that's right, cuz he is. I don't know which one I can't stand more, Josh or the Subway idiot who is also a creepy looking pedophile.

Back to top Go down
Imperator

Imperator

PostSubject: Re: "I'm Not Ashamed" movie hits theaters on Friday, October 21   "I'm Not Ashamed" movie hits theaters on Friday, October 21 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 06, 2016 3:03 pm

I wouldn't hold my breath. Besides his faith doesn't need his type of martyrdom
Back to top Go down
TeenSpiritColumbine

TeenSpiritColumbine

PostSubject: Re: "I'm Not Ashamed" movie hits theaters on Friday, October 21   "I'm Not Ashamed" movie hits theaters on Friday, October 21 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 06, 2016 8:44 pm

Jenn wrote:
I can't stand Josh Duggar. Just the sight of him gets on my nerves. He just looks like a creepy pedophile. Oh that's right, cuz he is. I don't know which one I can't stand more, Josh or the Subway idiot who is also a creepy looking pedophile.

Jared Fogle, The Subway Guy. Weirdo Cuckoo

I love your signature by the way. Doll Parts, great song. Are you a fan of the genre or just Hole specifically?

TeenSpiritColumbine

PostSubject: Re: "I'm Not Ashamed" movie hits theaters on Friday, October 21   "I'm Not Ashamed" movie hits theaters on Friday, October 21 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 06, 2016 9:14 pm

Imperator wrote:
I wouldn't hold my breath.  Besides his faith doesn't need his type of martyrdom

In Duggar's case I don't agree. He and his 'faith' are vile. Why are there so many of his 'faith' exactly like him, people that warp old testament chapters of the bible to fit their strange conservative, bigoted views, that they happily push onto everyone else while doing the most heinous stuff in private? He is not a Christian, he's a puppet leading a double life. True Christians (You know, the ones that actually know that their faith is supposed to be based on the teachings of Jesus Christ, not the crazy stuff written in the Old Testament) are NOTHING like him. If he was motivated to take a bullet for his 'God' instead of wasting his time fiddling with his sisters and Ashley Madison accounts, more power to him.

Just to clarify my opinion is coming from my experience as a religiously schooled atheist (Non denominational Christian High School). While I believe in Jesus as a important historical figure, I don't claim to be a subscriber to the religion. However a lot of people of faith that I know are just like this:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

And that to me is way more in line with the peaceful and loving teachings of an adventurer, with a big heart and a progressive mind.

Jenn

PostSubject: Re: "I'm Not Ashamed" movie hits theaters on Friday, October 21   "I'm Not Ashamed" movie hits theaters on Friday, October 21 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 07, 2016 1:08 am

Jenn wrote:

Jared Fogle, The Subway Guy. Weirdo Cuckoo

I love your signature by the way. Doll Parts, great song. Are you a fan of the genre or just Hole specifically?
Depends. I'm usually just a fan of songs that I like, although almost everything I listen to is pre 2000's and I'd say most of my favorite bands are definitely "alternative". With this particular song, I vaguely remembered it. It was when I read that it was written about Kurt Cobain that I went back and listened to it, and now, it's one of my favorite songs.

Back to top Go down
Imperator

Imperator

PostSubject: Re: "I'm Not Ashamed" movie hits theaters on Friday, October 21   "I'm Not Ashamed" movie hits theaters on Friday, October 21 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 07, 2016 10:29 am

Imperator wrote:
I wouldn't hold my breath.  Besides his faith doesn't need his type of martyrdom

In Duggar's case I don't agree. He and his 'faith' are vile. Why are there so many of his 'faith' exactly like him, people that warp old testament chapters of the bible to fit their strange conservative, bigoted views, that they happily push onto everyone else while doing the most heinous stuff in private? He is not a Christian, he's a puppet leading a double life. True Christians (You know, the ones that actually know that their faith is supposed to be based on the teachings of Jesus Christ, not the crazy stuff written in the Old Testament) are NOTHING like him. If he was motivated to take a bullet for his 'God' instead of wasting his time fiddling with his sisters and Ashley Madison accounts, more power to him.

Just to clarify my opinion is coming from my experience as a religiously schooled atheist (Non denominational Christian High School). While I believe in Jesus as a important historical figure, I don't claim to be a subscriber to the religion. However a lot of people of faith that I know are just like this:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

And that to me is way more in line with the peaceful and loving teachings of an adventurer, with a big heart and a progressive mind.

The point I am making is if he was martyred then he would be revered in his own faith. You wouldn't want that based on what you posted above. If you wish he was no longer amongst the living then that is a different story. I don't practice his brand of religion and as long as it doesn't violate my Constitutional rights (or others), he can practice his. Amoral/immoral or not.
Back to top Go down
TeenSpiritColumbine

TeenSpiritColumbine

PostSubject: Re: "I'm Not Ashamed" movie hits theaters on Friday, October 21   "I'm Not Ashamed" movie hits theaters on Friday, October 21 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 07, 2016 5:35 pm

Aaaaah the beauty of the internet where everything seems to get lost in translation. I thought that you meant he is too deplorable to martyr himself and that his faith wouldn't want that of him LOL. Thanks for clarifying :-)

Contribution Points : 67983

PostSubject: Re: "I'm Not Ashamed" movie hits theaters on Friday, October 21   "I'm Not Ashamed" movie hits theaters on Friday, October 21 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 24, 2016 5:59 am

Where is the torrent???
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: "I'm Not Ashamed" movie hits theaters on Friday, October 21   "I'm Not Ashamed" movie hits theaters on Friday, October 21 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 05, 2016 7:00 am

asloversgo wrote:
Tomb wrote:
I'm not trying to be mean at all, but I really don't think she's all that unique. My very own artwork when I was in high school and poems would have been every bit as foreshadowing as hers were I murdered. Lots of people say/think they won't live long, I feared death as a teenager and didn't feel like I would live beyond my teens. I think it's maybe not common, but certainly not unusual for people to feel that way. But, whatever, I could care less about this Disney movie.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Will the Scotts release just the portion of her autopsy detailing the gunshot wounds? If so, we can clear it up once and for all.

This? [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Oh no, not at all. To be honest, this is an insult to present that as an autopsy. To even present that one page summary is insulting to the entire community. I am an Assistant Medical Examiner and I do this Every.Single.Day of my life. I know of what I speak. This is a summary that details NOTHING and IS definitely NOT a FULL autopsy report. Look at Eric's, Dylan's and others whose FULL, multiple page long autopsy reports was released. I get it, you don't want to release it because it debunks the "martyrdom" of Rachel. This whole thing would be cleared up by the full report released to finally, after all these years and myths, to indicate whether she was shot point blank or not.

That's fine, but be honest and don't use a half fiction movie to line the pockets of...who? I have a feeling this ridiculous fiction will tank and no one will get rich.

I would MUCH rather see a movie about the other victims who are all but forgotten, thanks to her being allegedly asked, "Do you still believe in God?" And her reply, "You know I do."™ Even Richard Cataldo doesn't remember. Witness memories are notoriously bad and you can research that yourself.

Now, I'm not heartless at all. I am not attacking her in any way, fashion or form. What I am attacking is the money grubbers who don't care about this tragedy, only money. I am sure she was a decent, perhaps kind, average teenager at her death. No one deserves what happened to them that day. NO ONE.

Sorry for the rant, this is one of my biggest gripes about the victims, ALL of them.
Back to top Go down
PaintItBlack

PaintItBlack

Contribution Points : 96591
Forum Reputation : 52

PostSubject: Re: "I'm Not Ashamed" movie hits theaters on Friday, October 21   "I'm Not Ashamed" movie hits theaters on Friday, October 21 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 06, 2016 8:26 pm

When will this come out on DVD and Blu-Ray?
I don't think it came to any theater anywhere near my house.

We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus; That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing.-Charles Bukowski
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: "I'm Not Ashamed" movie hits theaters on Friday, October 21   "I'm Not Ashamed" movie hits theaters on Friday, October 21 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 06, 2016 8:32 pm

PaintItBlack wrote:
When will this come out on DVD and Blu-Ray?
I don't think it came to any theater anywhere near my house.

I know it didn't come to any theaters here. If I remember correctly, the guy singing its praises said something that churches could book it for viewings...so definitely not a blockbuster. I'd be surprised if it came out on DVD and I sure wouldn't watch it.
Back to top Go down
spidEr

spidEr

Contribution Points : 69601
Forum Reputation : 145

PostSubject: Re: "I'm Not Ashamed" movie hits theaters on Friday, October 21   "I'm Not Ashamed" movie hits theaters on Friday, October 21 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 06, 2016 8:40 pm

Richard told me he 100% remembers this confrontation happening. And he also told me he's pissed off about this movie coming out and went on to tell me he does believe that there is a God, but God is either dead or abandoned Earth a long time ago meaning he thinks that there's nothing looking out for us anymore and it has been that way for 1000s of years.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: "I'm Not Ashamed" movie hits theaters on Friday, October 21   "I'm Not Ashamed" movie hits theaters on Friday, October 21 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 06, 2016 8:58 pm

Well, Richard suffered significant and potentially lethal injuries. He has changed his stories through the years, and I'm not blaming him or anything of the sort. I just think when you go through that traumatic of an experience, it can truly mess with the mind. I'm not saying this is the case with him, just stating facts. I have immense sympathy for what he went through and am inspired by his recovery.
Back to top Go down
PaintItBlack

PaintItBlack

Contribution Points : 96591
Forum Reputation : 52

PostSubject: Re: "I'm Not Ashamed" movie hits theaters on Friday, October 21   "I'm Not Ashamed" movie hits theaters on Friday, October 21 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 06, 2016 9:10 pm

What exactly did Richard tell you happened?

spidEr wrote:
Richard told me he 100% remembers this confrontation happening. And he also told me he's pissed off about this movie coming out and went on to tell me he does believe that there is a God, but God is either dead or abandoned Earth a long time ago meaning he thinks that there's nothing looking out for us anymore and it has been that way for 1000s of years.

We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus; That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing.-Charles Bukowski
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: "I'm Not Ashamed" movie hits theaters on Friday, October 21   "I'm Not Ashamed" movie hits theaters on Friday, October 21 - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

"I'm Not Ashamed" movie hits theaters on Friday, October 21
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next