Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

"I'm Not Ashamed" movie hits theaters on Friday, October 21

Go down 
+26
TeenSpiritColumbine
Imperator
Yumeko-chan
Nirvana92
Jenn
jada887
sororityalpha
gunsgobang
WendlaBergman
eli27
asloversgo
aquillina
Sane One
spinvault
Freezingmoon
bubbles
OldskoolNBK
Draw_It_White
Archvile
shades
Juicy Jazzy
TheSpiral
Kiwik
Lizpuff
PaintItBlack
LPorter101
30 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Kiwik

Kiwik

Contribution Points : 74176
Forum Reputation : 25

"I'm Not Ashamed" movie hits theaters on Friday, October 21 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: "I'm Not Ashamed" movie hits theaters on Friday, October 21   "I'm Not Ashamed" movie hits theaters on Friday, October 21 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 08, 2016 9:47 pm

ultraviolencelv wrote:
We all know how 4/20 happened realistically and that's it. Stop trying to create a sentimental fantasy out of the dead. Let alone this Christian whitewash of a movie. And speaking of which, the movie is making out the boys to be more sinister than they really are.

This is what bothers me. What E&D did in reality was sinister enough, and it's not necessary for them to stretch the truth. I know This kinda thing happens in film adaptations of actual events all the time, but they created this entire movie around a lie to promote religion and I just can't respect that.

Based on the comments section of the trailer, I think a lot of people are more against this movie than for it.
Back to top Go down
aquillina

Contribution Points : 73373
Forum Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: "I'm Not Ashamed" movie hits theaters on Friday, October 21   "I'm Not Ashamed" movie hits theaters on Friday, October 21 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 08, 2016 10:44 pm

On secound thought, this movie looks gawd awful. Can't they at least get all the facts straight? Such a waste IMO.

shades

Contribution Points : 79736
Forum Reputation : 38

PostSubject: Re: "I'm Not Ashamed" movie hits theaters on Friday, October 21   "I'm Not Ashamed" movie hits theaters on Friday, October 21 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 08, 2016 11:44 pm

Rachel is probably rolling in her own grave at this. If she is as selfless as they said she's changed to become, she probably wouldn't want this of her at all. She would want all the victims to get a proper tribute of their own. I get it, if it helps the Scotts cope like it did for the Bernalls then I get it, I do. But this is is just plain gross to me. I just can't, I won't, I do not like that they turned an actual murder encounter into an embellished lie. Eric's execution never went that way.

PostSubject: Re: "I'm Not Ashamed" movie hits theaters on Friday, October 21   "I'm Not Ashamed" movie hits theaters on Friday, October 21 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 09, 2016 12:49 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] EXACTLY!! what about all the other victims who are all but forgotten for not being indoctrinated in this seemingly Christian cult?
Back to top Go down
asloversgo

Contribution Points : 75658

PostSubject: Re: "I'm Not Ashamed" movie hits theaters on Friday, October 21   "I'm Not Ashamed" movie hits theaters on Friday, October 21 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 09, 2016 3:51 pm

I haven't read everyones comments but I can tell you a bit more since I have been in contact with their team. Craig Scott makes a cameo as a store cashier but it's true that he didn't know about the project right away.

It's about Rachel's life ONLY from journals and friends and her death is like 10 seconds of the entire movie. The churches that have shown it are saying that its surprising, it shows who rachel really was. It shows parties and drugs and her struggles as written in her journals.

Masey Mclain who plays Rachel was chosen by Rachel's mother and it took about a year for her to choose someone. Masey spent months with Beth and read all of Rachel's writings.

I am booking a screening here in Utah. You can buy a theater out, request tickets for groups etc. Our movie theaters are already showing the trailer.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: "I'm Not Ashamed" movie hits theaters on Friday, October 21   "I'm Not Ashamed" movie hits theaters on Friday, October 21 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 09, 2016 4:15 pm

Yeah, no thanks. Maybe somebody will give us an overview when it comes out.
Back to top Go down
shades

shades

PostSubject: Re: "I'm Not Ashamed" movie hits theaters on Friday, October 21   "I'm Not Ashamed" movie hits theaters on Friday, October 21 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 09, 2016 10:12 pm

Nah. I'd rather a tribute for the other victims than the obvious popular one with religion thrown all over it. Everyone else has an interesting backstory too not just one person just because they have a lot of friends. The basis of the movie is already out of a lie how is that not disturbing? Why are we glorifying a singular person?

shades

PostSubject: Re: "I'm Not Ashamed" movie hits theaters on Friday, October 21   "I'm Not Ashamed" movie hits theaters on Friday, October 21 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 09, 2016 11:13 pm

I feel like this movie is a weird testament over a deceased person's life story who didn't even give an OK to do, some kind of way the Scotts cope or something. They're the only ones who've been in the public eye since back then. You can't tell me over more than a decade and they're still struggling/having a hard time moving on? Even the Bernalls have moved on. Why can't they move on privately and humbly like a normal family? Aren't they profiting off of this as they did the She Said Yes project which is still embarrassingly not what happened with their daughter? There's some kind of publicity-attention/stage Mom-Dad thing going on here in my opinion. And Craig makes a cameo. Lol okay? But I can't tell a family how to cope or be. If it helps them sleep at night to create fabrication in their deceased daughter's name then, big shrugs.

PostSubject: Re: "I'm Not Ashamed" movie hits theaters on Friday, October 21   "I'm Not Ashamed" movie hits theaters on Friday, October 21 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 09, 2016 11:28 pm

ultraviolencelv wrote:
Nah. I'd rather a tribute for the other victims than the obvious popular one with religion thrown all over it. Everyone else has an interesting backstory too not just one person just because they have a lot of friends. The basis of the movie is already out of a lie how is that not disturbing? Why are we glorifying a singular person?

Craig scott posted a public post about that very point. The scott's have every right to memorialize their daughter however they please....it's not their job to do it for others.....and without permission.
Back to top Go down
Sane One

Contribution Points : 84848

PostSubject: Re: "I'm Not Ashamed" movie hits theaters on Friday, October 21   "I'm Not Ashamed" movie hits theaters on Friday, October 21 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 10, 2016 12:13 am

You have to keep in mind nobody knows what went on that day other than the people involved.

Whether you're religious or not, there's no denying her story is quite unique. She told multiple people she wouldn't marry and live beyond 20 and it turned out to be true. She made a drawing remember and it turned out there was 13 tears on it and that day, there were 13 victims not including Eric and Dylan.

Not to mention she was the 1st target and MURDER while her friend Richard survived.

Whether the do you believe in god crap happened or not, her story is completely insane, like out there shit and her blood brother was trying to survive himself. You can't make this shit up. Just crazy.
Back to top Go down
shades

shades

PostSubject: Re: "I'm Not Ashamed" movie hits theaters on Friday, October 21   "I'm Not Ashamed" movie hits theaters on Friday, October 21 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 10, 2016 1:18 am

asloversgo wrote:

Craig scott posted a public post about that very point. The scott's have every right to memorialize their daughter however they please....it's not their job to do it for others.....and without permission.
I don't mean they ought to do the tribute for the other victims,
I'm saying I'd rather one of the others. And of course they can memorialise their Daughter however they want. They're doing it right now. This just won't be for everyone that's all, some'll like it some won't.

shades

PostSubject: Re: "I'm Not Ashamed" movie hits theaters on Friday, October 21   "I'm Not Ashamed" movie hits theaters on Friday, October 21 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 10, 2016 2:48 am

And Yes, I already know her backstory. At least for me I had learnt everyone's story way back then when making an unsupportive stance. I guess I've heard quite a few unique encounters and lives in my lifetime to think that hers might just be a series of weird coincidences that tie along with Columbine to look like a strange foreshadow if you overthink it. As I've said, I stand by how I feel about this and the knowledge of how 4/20 went down and some will like the movie while some won't, and I will be thinking of the other victims who also deserve the attention let alone probably the only attention they'll get. It's all good.

Juicy Jazzy

Contribution Points : 98544
Forum Reputation : 21

PostSubject: Re: "I'm Not Ashamed" movie hits theaters on Friday, October 21   "I'm Not Ashamed" movie hits theaters on Friday, October 21 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 10, 2016 8:09 am

Could be the theme song for the movie?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: "I'm Not Ashamed" movie hits theaters on Friday, October 21   "I'm Not Ashamed" movie hits theaters on Friday, October 21 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 10, 2016 11:40 am

I'm not trying to be mean at all, but I really don't think she's all that unique. My very own artwork when I was in high school and poems would have been every bit as foreshadowing as hers were I murdered. Lots of people say/think they won't live long, I feared death as a teenager and didn't feel like I would live beyond my teens. I think it's maybe not common, but certainly not unusual for people to feel that way. But, whatever, I could care less about this Disney movie.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Will the Scotts release just the portion of her autopsy detailing the gunshot wounds? If so, we can clear it up once and for all.
Back to top Go down
asloversgo

PostSubject: Re: "I'm Not Ashamed" movie hits theaters on Friday, October 21   "I'm Not Ashamed" movie hits theaters on Friday, October 21 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 10, 2016 7:48 pm

Tomb wrote:
I'm not trying to be mean at all, but I really don't think she's all that unique. My very own artwork when I was in high school and poems would have been every bit as foreshadowing as hers were I murdered. Lots of people say/think they won't live long, I feared death as a teenager and didn't feel like I would live beyond my teens. I think it's maybe not common, but certainly not unusual for people to feel that way. But, whatever, I could care less about this Disney movie.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Will the Scotts release just the portion of her autopsy detailing the gunshot wounds? If so, we can clear it up once and for all.

This? [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Back to top Go down
asloversgo

PostSubject: Re: "I'm Not Ashamed" movie hits theaters on Friday, October 21   "I'm Not Ashamed" movie hits theaters on Friday, October 21 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 10, 2016 7:49 pm

Juicy Jazzy wrote:
Could be the theme song for the movie?

that's it, yes
Back to top Go down
PaintItBlack

PaintItBlack

Contribution Points : 96566
Forum Reputation : 52

PostSubject: Re: "I'm Not Ashamed" movie hits theaters on Friday, October 21   "I'm Not Ashamed" movie hits theaters on Friday, October 21 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 10, 2016 7:59 pm

asloversgo wrote:
I haven't read everyones comments but I can tell you a bit more since I have been in contact with their team. Craig Scott makes a cameo as a store cashier but it's true that he didn't know about the project right away.

It's about Rachel's life ONLY from journals and friends and her death is like 10 seconds of the entire movie. The churches that have shown it are saying that its surprising, it shows who rachel really was. It shows parties and drugs and her struggles as written in her journals.

Masey Mclain who plays Rachel was chosen by Rachel's mother and it took about a year for her to choose someone. Masey spent months with Beth and read all of Rachel's writings.

I am booking a screening here in Utah. You can buy a theater out, request tickets for groups etc. Our movie theaters are already showing the trailer.

Yes, but why put this false version of her death out there like this? I look forward to seeing her life portrayed and her families memories of her but knowing her death is portrayed so falsely puts a huge pall over the movie and will totally ruin it for some who know how she was really killed.

We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus; That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing.-Charles Bukowski
Back to top Go down
asloversgo

PostSubject: Re: "I'm Not Ashamed" movie hits theaters on Friday, October 21   "I'm Not Ashamed" movie hits theaters on Friday, October 21 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 10, 2016 8:03 pm

PaintItBlack wrote:
asloversgo wrote:

Yes, but why put this false version of her death out there like this?  I look forward to seeing her life portrayed and her families memories of her but knowing her death is portrayed so falsely puts a huge pall over the movie and will totally ruin it for some who know how she was really killed.

I interviewed Richard Castaldo extensively so I have to politely disagree.
Back to top Go down
PaintItBlack

PaintItBlack

PostSubject: Re: "I'm Not Ashamed" movie hits theaters on Friday, October 21   "I'm Not Ashamed" movie hits theaters on Friday, October 21 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 10, 2016 8:23 pm

asloversgo wrote:
PaintItBlack wrote:
asloversgo wrote:

Yes, but why put this false version of her death out there like this?  I look forward to seeing her life portrayed and her families memories of her but knowing her death is portrayed so falsely puts a huge pall over the movie and will totally ruin it for some who know how she was really killed.

I interviewed Richard Castaldo extensively so I have to politely disagree.

No offense because I am sure that Richard would not intentionally lie but he has told 3 different versions of events over the years. It's not his fault because he went through a huge trauma and people have asked him to repeat what happened over and over again but I feel he may be confused on what actually happened now.It's utterly understandable if he would be.

And I am a person that believes that Rachel had a special calling from God and a sense of her own destiny.

We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus; That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing.-Charles Bukowski
Back to top Go down
shades

shades

PostSubject: Re: "I'm Not Ashamed" movie hits theaters on Friday, October 21   "I'm Not Ashamed" movie hits theaters on Friday, October 21 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 10, 2016 10:30 pm

Ditto [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]. As someone who changes their story multiple times, I can't hold costaldo's account liable. All you need for proof on that actual day is the autopsy report on what sort of contact was made. Listen, anyone can go ahead and relish on this embellished movie in her honor, it's fine go ahead. Just not everybody will care for it or support it that's all. You can't push the movie to everyone.

PaintItBlack

PostSubject: Re: "I'm Not Ashamed" movie hits theaters on Friday, October 21   "I'm Not Ashamed" movie hits theaters on Friday, October 21 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 11, 2016 8:22 pm

I do want to say that I don't believe that the Scotts are lying. I believe that some of her family sincerely believes she was martyred.But the makers of the film should have looked into what happened more thoroughly. I believe they had a responsibility to do so which they failed at.

Back to top Go down
asloversgo

PostSubject: Re: "I'm Not Ashamed" movie hits theaters on Friday, October 21   "I'm Not Ashamed" movie hits theaters on Friday, October 21 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 11, 2016 9:30 pm

A few days after it happened Rich's mum left a voicemail of what Rich said as soon as he woke up. It's understandable that's the account they go by.
Back to top Go down
PaintItBlack

PaintItBlack

PostSubject: Re: "I'm Not Ashamed" movie hits theaters on Friday, October 21   "I'm Not Ashamed" movie hits theaters on Friday, October 21 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 11, 2016 9:46 pm

It's just that there is a lot of questions about her death.Richard said even later in '99 that he didn't remember anything like that original story, he has given more than one version of events over the years which as I said in an earlier post is understandable considering what he went through.I just think that since this is a definite story of her actual life, not just a character based on her,but her ,that it should be entirely accurate.

Back to top Go down
eli27

eli27

Contribution Points : 83582
Forum Reputation : 135

PostSubject: Re: "I'm Not Ashamed" movie hits theaters on Friday, October 21   "I'm Not Ashamed" movie hits theaters on Friday, October 21 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 12, 2016 3:46 pm

Probably won't bother with it. I tend to avoid things that I know will be shite.

PostSubject: Re: "I'm Not Ashamed" movie hits theaters on Friday, October 21   "I'm Not Ashamed" movie hits theaters on Friday, October 21 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 12, 2016 4:14 pm

PaintItBlack wrote:
It's just that there is a lot of questions about her death.Richard said even later in '99 that he didn't remember anything like that original story, he has given more than one version of events over the years which as I said in an earlier post is understandable considering what he went through.I just think that since this is a definite story of her actual life, not just a character based on her,but her ,that it should be entirely accurate.

This is the reason

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

this is what came of the interviews I did with Rich although the beginning goal was a book
Back to top Go down
PaintItBlack

PaintItBlack

PostSubject: Re: "I'm Not Ashamed" movie hits theaters on Friday, October 21   "I'm Not Ashamed" movie hits theaters on Friday, October 21 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 12, 2016 7:58 pm

asloversgo wrote:
PaintItBlack wrote:

This is the reason

this is what came of the interviews I did with Rich although the beginning goal was a book

Yes, I read that when the story first came out.With all due respect to Richard,that's the 3rd version of events that he has related.Again,I think that's understandable with what he went through but I think there is too much of a question by her death to have it portrayed this way.

I keep saying the same thing here and I don't want to drive my point into the ground so I will leave it at this for now.

Back to top Go down
WendlaBergman

Contribution Points : 89999

PostSubject: Re: "I'm Not Ashamed" movie hits theaters on Friday, October 21   "I'm Not Ashamed" movie hits theaters on Friday, October 21 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 13, 2016 2:11 am

A friend of mine once referred to 8 Crazy Nights as a Halloween movie because "it's scary someone would greenlight that sh*t and that it would get made." I think this description fits I'm Not Ashamed very well.
Back to top Go down
PaintItBlack

PaintItBlack

PostSubject: Re: "I'm Not Ashamed" movie hits theaters on Friday, October 21   "I'm Not Ashamed" movie hits theaters on Friday, October 21 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 13, 2016 8:27 pm

If Rachel really died a martyr ,I want to see that acknowledged and her be given full credit for that but there is just so many questions and some of the evidence seems to point the other way.

Back to top Go down
Kiwik

Kiwik

PostSubject: Re: "I'm Not Ashamed" movie hits theaters on Friday, October 21   "I'm Not Ashamed" movie hits theaters on Friday, October 21 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 02, 2016 2:54 pm

This is on a few different sites, also has a still of the actor's as E&D.

Back to top Go down
shades

shades

PostSubject: Re: "I'm Not Ashamed" movie hits theaters on Friday, October 21   "I'm Not Ashamed" movie hits theaters on Friday, October 21 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 02, 2016 3:16 pm

Good. Boycott it. It's no surprise, it's probably the TC Community flagging any videos/promos of the movie and youtube is just acting accordingly. It's literally just that.
Sure it is nothing "offensive" and the producer of the movie is very determined to get promotions up but majority of the people don't support it for obvious reasons.

Most people would watch it for curiosity reasons but I definitely won't be there for the party.

Juicy Jazzy

PostSubject: Re: "I'm Not Ashamed" movie hits theaters on Friday, October 21   "I'm Not Ashamed" movie hits theaters on Friday, October 21 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 02, 2016 9:21 pm

Wouldn't surprise me if heaps of Columbine survivors flagged the videos and YouTube decided to just ban them all. You only had to look on survivors FB pages (Dave Sanders daughters, Christine Mauser, Richard Castaldo, etc) and the petition to see how much the movie release is effecting them. To be honest I'm surprised they didn't remove the scenes with Eric and Dylan after the backlash. Their part could have been told retrospectively through newspaper articles and news reports, something clever like that. Hell the movie could have ended with Rachel going to school on the 20th and a fade to black, with writing explaining she was 'gunned down because of her Christian faith' (regardless of how true or false this was).
Back to top Go down
PaintItBlack

PaintItBlack

PostSubject: Re: "I'm Not Ashamed" movie hits theaters on Friday, October 21   "I'm Not Ashamed" movie hits theaters on Friday, October 21 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 02, 2016 10:47 pm

Has anyone seen any tv commercials for this?
Are there going to be any?

So far I haven't seen anything.

Back to top Go down
shades

shades

PostSubject: Re: "I'm Not Ashamed" movie hits theaters on Friday, October 21   "I'm Not Ashamed" movie hits theaters on Friday, October 21 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 02, 2016 11:09 pm

No and there won't be at all lol youtube don't even want it.

shades

PostSubject: Re: "I'm Not Ashamed" movie hits theaters on Friday, October 21   "I'm Not Ashamed" movie hits theaters on Friday, October 21 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 02, 2016 11:16 pm

@JuicyJazzy you couldn't have said it better. Honestly the producer seemed really pressed that he couldn't get what really looks like a vanity project than a biopic of rachel's life's out for promotion. Almost half the scenes are completely distasteful let alone untrue and even I'm baffled by how inaccurate the perpetrators are. I'm not suppose to be lolling looking at them. It's just a biased film. I shouldn't have to continue talking about this so yeah.

PaintItBlack

PostSubject: Re: "I'm Not Ashamed" movie hits theaters on Friday, October 21   "I'm Not Ashamed" movie hits theaters on Friday, October 21 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 02, 2016 11:32 pm

shades wrote:
No and there won't be at all lol youtube don't even want it.

I heard something about that.That people were accusing YT of censoring the commercials because its a christian film.
I don't know how well it will do in the theaters but I am guessing that it will be out on DVD by late December or early to mid Jan.

That's an average turnaround for even a big budget movie these days.

Back to top Go down
aquillina

Contribution Points : 73373

PostSubject: Re: "I'm Not Ashamed" movie hits theaters on Friday, October 21   "I'm Not Ashamed" movie hits theaters on Friday, October 21 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 03, 2016 12:08 am

Seriously what is the point of this movie? I find it's a real waste of time and money.

PaintItBlack

PostSubject: Re: "I'm Not Ashamed" movie hits theaters on Friday, October 21   "I'm Not Ashamed" movie hits theaters on Friday, October 21 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 04, 2016 8:29 pm

Here is a new interview Rachel's Mom has given before the release of the film. Most of us won't agree with all her interpretations of events of Rachel's death, but I enjoyed hearing from her. The article also has  really clear pictures of Rachel's checkbook that was in her backpack that day.
If you look closely at the check you can see where she wrote out the check before it leaving an impression.

Back to top Go down
Kiwik

Kiwik

PostSubject: Re: "I'm Not Ashamed" movie hits theaters on Friday, October 21   "I'm Not Ashamed" movie hits theaters on Friday, October 21 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 07, 2016 8:33 pm

I wonder if there will be a spike in renewed interest in columbine after this movie comes out, much like there was briefly after Sue released her book...
Back to top Go down
Juicy Jazzy

Juicy Jazzy

PostSubject: Re: "I'm Not Ashamed" movie hits theaters on Friday, October 21   "I'm Not Ashamed" movie hits theaters on Friday, October 21 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 07, 2016 11:16 pm

PaintItBlack wrote:
Here is a new interview Rachel's Mom has given before the release of the film. Most of us won't agree with all her interpretations of events of Rachel's death, but I enjoyed hearing from her. The article also has  really clear pictures of Rachel's checkbook that was in her backpack that day.
If you look closely at the check you can see where she wrote out the check before it leaving an impression.

Wow great find there! Lots of higher quality photos of some of the pics we've already seen. And a pic of her coffin just before her burial. Looks like she was interred at the same time as Corey?
Back to top Go down
Draw_It_White

Draw_It_White

Contribution Points : 98018
Forum Reputation : 154

PostSubject: Re: "I'm Not Ashamed" movie hits theaters on Friday, October 21   "I'm Not Ashamed" movie hits theaters on Friday, October 21 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 08, 2016 2:09 am

Without wanting to start a religion debate - how the hell can someone make a post demanding the facts are portrayed then follow it up in the next sentence saying Rachel had a calling from God?

Just let them get on with it. If you don't want to see the movie, don't watch it.
Back to top Go down
gunsgobang

Contribution Points : 75983

PostSubject: Re: "I'm Not Ashamed" movie hits theaters on Friday, October 21   "I'm Not Ashamed" movie hits theaters on Friday, October 21 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 14, 2016 7:21 pm

How is Rachel's story unique? Lots of people think they are going to die young, and drawing 13 tear drops is nothing more than a coincidence. I'm sure we could find tons more coincidences if we looked at every single thing a victim did beforehand. Personally, I find Danny M's conversation with his dad regarding the Brady Bill much more interesting.
Back to top Go down
sororityalpha
Top 10 Contributor
sororityalpha

Contribution Points : 124059
Forum Reputation : 1001

PostSubject: Re: "I'm Not Ashamed" movie hits theaters on Friday, October 21   "I'm Not Ashamed" movie hits theaters on Friday, October 21 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 14, 2016 9:30 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
jada887

jada887

Contribution Points : 75528
Forum Reputation : 175

PostSubject: Re: "I'm Not Ashamed" movie hits theaters on Friday, October 21   "I'm Not Ashamed" movie hits theaters on Friday, October 21 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 15, 2016 11:10 pm

I try my hardest to avoid movies like this one because of the obvious bias that the director/producer tries to convey to the audience. I don't have an issue with Hollywood using religion to tell a compelling story, but I don't think that that's what's going on here. What's a shame and a disgrace is that Rachel's death is being used to propagate the director's/film company's religious views. That's very shallow and exploitive writing. After all, isn't  "I Am Not Ashamed," a Pure Flix Entertainment production, the same film production LLC that brought us "God Is Not Dead"? I guarantee no one's going to walk out of the theatre and think, "Gee, Pure Flix did their homework on the Columbine tragedy. No religious agenda here."
Back to top Go down
shades

shades

PostSubject: Re: "I'm Not Ashamed" movie hits theaters on Friday, October 21   "I'm Not Ashamed" movie hits theaters on Friday, October 21 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 16, 2016 12:25 am

The other thing is and I wish it didn't matter to me, is I despise how they portray Eric and Dylan in the movie. Why do they keep making it look like they personally targeted her, kept eyeing her and made her into too much of a special snowflake? I'm sorry, but if they're gonna reinvent the boys Into something more obnoxious than they really ACCURATELY were it is not a good non fiction film. Hence, biased.

Juicy Jazzy

PostSubject: Re: "I'm Not Ashamed" movie hits theaters on Friday, October 21   "I'm Not Ashamed" movie hits theaters on Friday, October 21 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 16, 2016 4:16 am

I hope someone uploads it when they get the chance. Probably sometime early next year or whenever they release the DVD. Is it being streamed at all online? Being outside the US it makes it hard to view for me. Not expecting much but as a Columbine nut I'm still eager to watch it.
Back to top Go down
TheSpiral

TheSpiral

Contribution Points : 74864
Forum Reputation : 63

PostSubject: Re: "I'm Not Ashamed" movie hits theaters on Friday, October 21   "I'm Not Ashamed" movie hits theaters on Friday, October 21 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 16, 2016 7:31 am

When it finally get released, somebody needs to tear it to shreds in a review, I hope it's a box office bomb and that it sets the bar fo terrible movies, they deserve nothing better.

Now everybody dancing, the dance of the dead
The dance of the dead, the dance of the dead
Back to top Go down
shades

shades

PostSubject: Re: "I'm Not Ashamed" movie hits theaters on Friday, October 21   "I'm Not Ashamed" movie hits theaters on Friday, October 21 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 16, 2016 8:42 am

It won't even make it to box office and there shouldn't even be a bad review at all. It should be nothing.

I already know simple curious minds would go watch it so I'm ready for a ton of unfollowing to keep it off my dash. Extremely annoying.

spinvault

Contribution Points : 73328

PostSubject: Re: "I'm Not Ashamed" movie hits theaters on Friday, October 21   "I'm Not Ashamed" movie hits theaters on Friday, October 21 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 16, 2016 8:54 am

I wouldn't pay to see it, but due to my interest in anything related to Columbine might watch it if it was on cable just to see how many errors it actually contained.
Back to top Go down
PaintItBlack

PaintItBlack

PostSubject: Re: "I'm Not Ashamed" movie hits theaters on Friday, October 21   "I'm Not Ashamed" movie hits theaters on Friday, October 21 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 18, 2016 1:21 am

gunsgobang wrote:
How is Rachel's story unique? Lots of people think they are going to die young, and drawing 13 tear drops is nothing more than a coincidence. I'm sure we could find tons more coincidences if we looked at every single thing a victim did beforehand. Personally, I find Danny M's conversation with his dad regarding the Brady Bill much more interesting.

Rachel did write in May of 1998 that "This will be my last year Lord.I've gotten what I can.Thank you."

Since she was in 10th grade at the time, you can't say she was talking about leaving school.

Some people have interpreted that mean she was planning on committing suicide at some point but as religious as she was, I can't accept that.

There were other things about her life that point to just more than teen dramatics.
She said things to many people like I'll never live to be old enough to marry. Or I'll never make it that far . Or someday you guys will be doing things I won't be able to. Things like that.
According to her friend Nick , Rachel would say these things calmly and when someone would tell her to quit talking that way, that it was a downer she'd say it wasn't a downer for her and that she didn't have a problem with it.

Considering she wrote several times about wanting to be an impact in the world and make an impact for God, and according to the teacher in her last class where she drew the famous tears drawing she said she was going to be an impact on the world 30 minutes before she was killed shows me and proves to me that she had a mission from God and had some kind of awareness of that in her lifetime.

The last piece of evidence I'd like to put forward is that a month after Rachel's funeral her Dad got a call from a successful businessman named Frank.
Frank is also a Christian but her told Darrell that "Look,I'm not a mystical or spooky person.I'm a practical business man.I usually don't put much stock in people's dreams, but I keep having a reoccurring dream about your daughter.In the dream tears are streaming from her eyes and watering something on the ground but I can't see what. Does this mean anything to you? Her Dad said no, that doesn't mean anything to me at all.
Frank asked Darrell to please take his number and call him if this ever meant anything to him.
Darrell said he would.

The very next day Darrell got to the call to go pick up his daughters backpack and in it was her last journal .When he turned to the last page, there was the famous tears drawing.
Her Dad said he was stunned and prayed for God to help him understand what was happening.

Her family came to the conclusion that the tears streaming from her eyes were watering a new growth for God that came from her death,people coming to God because of her.

If you are a very cynical person or not religious at all, you can probably dismiss most or even all of this but I feel all put together its a compelling case.

Back to top Go down
Kiwik

Kiwik

PostSubject: Re: "I'm Not Ashamed" movie hits theaters on Friday, October 21   "I'm Not Ashamed" movie hits theaters on Friday, October 21 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 21, 2016 6:39 pm

Here's a review of the film, not a lot of great things to say:

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: "I'm Not Ashamed" movie hits theaters on Friday, October 21   "I'm Not Ashamed" movie hits theaters on Friday, October 21 - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

"I'm Not Ashamed" movie hits theaters on Friday, October 21
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next