Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Deciphering Dylan "Font" Part 2

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage

Deciphering Dylan "Font" Part 2 Empty
PostSubject: Deciphering Dylan "Font" Part 2   Deciphering Dylan "Font" Part 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 01, 2013 8:03 pm

Here's another Dylan zinger that stumps me. This word drives me nuts.. Ideas?

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Deciphering Dylan "Font" Part 2   Deciphering Dylan "Font" Part 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 01, 2013 8:08 pm

I've never been good at reading his handwriting. Looks to me like 'no inclee', haha... I assume it's really some sort of sports player?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Deciphering Dylan "Font" Part 2   Deciphering Dylan "Font" Part 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 01, 2013 10:44 pm

Guilty by Association wrote:
I've never been good at reading his handwriting. Looks to me like 'no inclee', haha... I assume it's really some sort of sports player?

Inclee? Never heard of it and can't find a definition for it either. Then again, I'm not sports minded, so..
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Deciphering Dylan "Font" Part 2   Deciphering Dylan "Font" Part 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 01, 2013 10:58 pm

His handwriting is harder to make out than Eric's. If it is sports related than perhaps it has something to do with baseball??
Back to top Go down
JDM87

Contribution Points : 103906
Forum Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: Deciphering Dylan "Font" Part 2   Deciphering Dylan "Font" Part 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 11, 2013 7:17 am

Redneck?
Back to top Go down
JDM87

PostSubject: Re: Deciphering Dylan "Font" Part 2   Deciphering Dylan "Font" Part 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 11, 2013 7:27 am

Okay, so this is where I got the supposed answer for the mysterious word. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] scratch
Back to top Go down
Wideawake

Wideawake

Contribution Points : 104076

PostSubject: Re: Deciphering Dylan "Font" Part 2   Deciphering Dylan "Font" Part 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 11, 2013 8:54 am

That would make sense, I guess. Was there a "redneck" clique at Columbine?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Deciphering Dylan "Font" Part 2   Deciphering Dylan "Font" Part 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 11, 2013 2:38 pm

JDM87 wrote:
Okay, so this is where I got the supposed answer for the mysterious word. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] scratch

I recall seeing this transcript before and it seems to have lot of attempted guesses with question marks in it that don't quite jibe. Imo, I think the aColumbine Site does a better job transcribing Dylan's journal. However, I don't think the author included all transcribed journal entries. Sad Too bad, would like to make a comparison of what they thought the word was!

Dylan handwrites the word "redneck" one sentence up from the mystery word in the paragraph and in comparing both words, they have very little resemblance if any. Even if Dylan is just being sloppy with his handwriting (which he usually is!) it's hard to matrix that word into the word "redneck". My opinion, of course. Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Deciphering Dylan "Font" Part 2   Deciphering Dylan "Font" Part 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 11, 2013 7:18 pm

"Normie"? That's my guess, I'm not sure either.
Back to top Go down
JDM87

PostSubject: Re: Deciphering Dylan "Font" Part 2   Deciphering Dylan "Font" Part 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 12, 2013 1:45 pm

Yeah, I agree InFiNiNcEX5. It does seem weird. The word "redneck" written one line above doesn't show any resemblance... Neutral GOD DAMMIT. Mad
Back to top Go down
SandraSmit19

SandraSmit19

Contribution Points : 105319
Forum Reputation : 235

PostSubject: Re: Deciphering Dylan "Font" Part 2   Deciphering Dylan "Font" Part 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 12, 2013 4:15 pm

The worst thing is it could be anything. Dylan could have misspelled the word, badly. He could have made it up altogether. If either of those two things apply, we may never know. Very frustrating bounce

Last edited by SandraSmit19 on Mon May 13, 2013 4:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Deciphering Dylan "Font" Part 2   Deciphering Dylan "Font" Part 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 13, 2013 4:18 pm

SandraSmit19 wrote:
The worst thing is it could be anything. Dylan could have mispelled the word, badly. He could have made it up altogether. If either of those two things apply, we may never know. Very frustrating bounce

Good point! Something to keep in mind. Though, I haven't really seen toooo many instances where he misspelled a word to the point of it being illegible. Dylan's spelling and grammar is actually quite better than Erics but his vice is easily sloppiness. I would assume Dylan's feeling especially moody, down, drunk and/or angry when his words get super erratic. Throughout most of his journal, if you try hard enough, you can read and makeout everything. It deciphers and makes sense easily. Dylan has created a few words of his own and he repeats those entirely made up words as if they are valid in the english language. Admittedly, I'm endeared by the fact that they are valid words in his vocabulary. His journal is quite unique - especially for a seventeen year old boy. i.e. 'infinince' 'tormentations' - words that are a tweaked version of legitimate words so they're pretty easy to figure out. infinince = forever, infinity.

The mystery word, however, seems to be chosen and spelled deliberately and it is selected in relation to the group within his sentence: "she'd probably pick a jock or a ____ . So, it's a certain type of person he holds with distain that he thinks that this girl would prefer and choose instead of himself. Someone above said 'no inclee' which seems pretty close and it actually does sound like a familiar word in relation to a sports type. However, I've not been able to locate a definition of it. Ack! I find I usually prefer reading both E/D's journals in their own handwriting rather than what other people have already translated. Dylan's journal resonates for me so I've spent a lot of time reading, solving words and interpreting. Finding these little snags along the way that I can't solve is a fun..it's a bit of a archaeological hieroglyphic puzzle. ;) Anyone that takes a break and then comes back here for a quick peek at the word, might just go 'aha!' My intent in creating this thread was for multiple people to pop in with interpretation of what they see.. until it eventually is agreed up by the majority. This may or may not happen, who knows. An experiment. ;-) I, however, am at a stalemate on this damnable word. (thanks a lot, Dylan.) And it's probably right under our noses, we just don't see it..yet.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Deciphering Dylan "Font" Part 2   Deciphering Dylan "Font" Part 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 29, 2014 12:51 pm

SandraSmit19 wrote:
The worst thing is it could be anything. Dylan could have misspelled the word, badly. He could have made it up altogether. If either of those two things apply, we may never know. Very frustrating  bounce

True. It doesn't help that he was more than likely drunk when he wrote it. It doesn't seem like a word he could've made up though. Dylan's made up words were usually plays on preexisting words.

Usually I'm pretty good at deciphering his handwriting (I have awful lefty handwriting too), but this just stumps me.  scratch
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Deciphering Dylan "Font" Part 2   Deciphering Dylan "Font" Part 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 29, 2014 8:26 pm

[kind of off-topic. ignore if that's not your thing.]
Just wondering - has anyone ever tried to interpret either EH/DK's handwriting? I know there are a lot of 'handwriting' enthusiasts out there that run websites where you can send in handwriting samples and have them interpret your personality from it... Don't really know how 'legitimate' that is, but it'd be interesting to send in either's handwriting samples (with/without names) and see what anyone thinks...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Deciphering Dylan "Font" Part 2   Deciphering Dylan "Font" Part 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Deciphering Dylan "Font" Part 2
Page 1 of 1