Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Did Eric really have a broken nose?

Go down 
+5
Jenn
W.A.R.
EGSandrew
sororityalpha
Szabo
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Szabo

Contribution Points : 66938
Forum Reputation : 35

Did Eric really have a broken nose? Empty
PostSubject: Did Eric really have a broken nose?   Did Eric really have a broken nose? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 10, 2017 1:06 am

I apologise if this has already been discussed on here, but was it ever confirmed via autopsy/medical examination that Eric did infact break his nose?

I see this 'fact' included in most discussions on what transpired in the library, but I've wondered for a while now how much of it is possibly hearsay.

Back to top Go down
sororityalpha
Top 10 Contributor
sororityalpha

Contribution Points : 121538
Forum Reputation : 1001

PostSubject: Re: Did Eric really have a broken nose?   Did Eric really have a broken nose? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 10, 2017 1:45 am

Before Eric put the shotgun in his mouth and blew his head off

Some of the library survivors mention blood around Eric's mouth and nose.

Here are some other statements:

Page 000173:

Eric Harris was also now on the north side of the main counter. Evan Todd did point out when he observed Eric Harris at that point, the forenamed looked as though he had a "broken nose." When asked to elaborate, Evan Todd stated it appeared as though Eric Harris' nose was pushed off to the side slightly and he had a noticeable amount of blood smeared around his nose and mouth, down to the chin area.

Page 000437:

The second gunman was wearing a white Tshirt with red on the shirt. He was wearing army pants. He did not have on a coat, nor was he wearing a hat. He shot himself in the nose. Ms. Johnson overheard him say to the other gunman "Oh man I shot my nose".

Page 000446:

Johnson slated that both suspects would talk to each other continually. She stated she then heard Harris mention that he had shot himself in his nose. She heard him laughing. She then heard Klebold ask him, "Why'd you do that?" Johnson then saw that Harris was bleeding from his nose.

Page 000530:

Bree Pasquale stated Eric Harris then took one to two steps in her direction and then bent down, resting the shotgun across his thighs. Bree Pasquale described Eric Harris' position as "squatting" balancing on the balls of his feet. Bree Pasquale next noticed blood began to flow from both nostrils of Eric Harris' nose. According to Bree Pasquale, Eric Harris then announced, "I hit myself in the face."

After Eric put the shotgun in his mouth and blew his head off

Eric's Autopsy:

Present in the mid-aspect of the lower forehead and extending downward to involve the bridge of the nose; the distal portion of the right side of the nose; and the medial aspects of both orbits; is an oblong configured blow-out type of laceration measuring 3" in length by 2” in width, associated with underlying multiple fracture fragments which extend outward from the wound.

Nose - there is, as previously described, injury to the external surface of the nose with extensive underlying fractures. Present adjacent to the right lateral margin of the nose are two vertical lacerations, each measuring 1/4". Present on both sides of the face are multiple linear, curvilinear, punctate lacerations and cuts, more dense on the right. Palpating the face reveals massive fracturing of the facial bones.

anna444 likes this post

Back to top Go down
EGSandrew
Randy Stair
September 17, 1992 -
June 8, 2017
EGSandrew

Contribution Points : 66603
Forum Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: Did Eric really have a broken nose?   Did Eric really have a broken nose? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 10, 2017 12:00 pm

Idk why but I always find the broken nose thing amusing. It's like the school gave him one last kick in the ass, only it was the face. Bet he probably didn't even really feel it for a while from the adrenaline.

Contribution Points : 69573
Forum Reputation : 345

PostSubject: Re: Did Eric really have a broken nose?   Did Eric really have a broken nose? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 10, 2017 12:42 pm

his big nose got in the way even on his day of vengeance lol
Back to top Go down
Jenn
Forum & Discord Server Owner
Jenn

Contribution Points : 118020
Forum Reputation : 1004

PostSubject: Re: Did Eric really have a broken nose?   Did Eric really have a broken nose? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 10, 2017 1:38 pm

Eric had "extensive fractures" to his nose. Although his autopsy report does not say "broken", it says "fractures", medically there is no difference between a break and a fracture. So yes, Eric's nose was definitely broken. And broken pretty bad too.

Back to top Go down
Therewereonlyvictims

Contribution Points : 63895

PostSubject: Re: Did Eric really have a broken nose?   Did Eric really have a broken nose? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 10, 2017 7:42 pm

It had to have been broken. You can tell by all accounts that he was disoriented and trying to play off the pain so as not to give the appearance of weakness to his victims after he'd been trying to act like a chill Reservoir Dogs badass, but in reality he wanted to scream out, "Oh God! My nose! F---!"

But he couldn't do that because then the victims would think he was a total loser.
Back to top Go down
Patodactyl

Contribution Points : 63899

PostSubject: Re: Did Eric really have a broken nose?   Did Eric really have a broken nose? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 11, 2017 12:25 am

How did he break it?
Back to top Go down
TheSpiral

TheSpiral

Contribution Points : 74114
Forum Reputation : 63

PostSubject: Re: Did Eric really have a broken nose?   Did Eric really have a broken nose? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 11, 2017 12:27 am

Patodactyl wrote:
How did he break it?

He was holding the shotgun in one hand, and the recoil hit him in the face.

Now everybody dancing, the dance of the dead
The dance of the dead, the dance of the dead

anna444 likes this post

Back to top Go down
TheSpiral

TheSpiral

Contribution Points : 74114
Forum Reputation : 63

PostSubject: Re: Did Eric really have a broken nose?   Did Eric really have a broken nose? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 11, 2017 12:48 am

Can you imagine the pain coupled with the situation he was in. It's a miracle he didn't vomit.

Now everybody dancing, the dance of the dead
The dance of the dead, the dance of the dead

anna444 likes this post

Back to top Go down
Scarletmoon

Scarletmoon

Contribution Points : 67054
Forum Reputation : 10

PostSubject: Re: Did Eric really have a broken nose?   Did Eric really have a broken nose? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 11, 2017 6:48 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] I can't even imagine how he kept his cool with the insane amount of pain he was likely in. Maybe it was adrenaline that kept him going and may have numbed the pain. When the adrenaline wore off, he was probably like "fuck this shit hurts, ok time to die"

anna444 likes this post

Back to top Go down
EGSandrew
Randy Stair
September 17, 1992 -
June 8, 2017
EGSandrew

Contribution Points : 66603

PostSubject: Re: Did Eric really have a broken nose?   Did Eric really have a broken nose? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 12, 2017 5:41 pm

Scarletmoon wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] I can't even imagine how he kept his cool with the insane amount of pain he was likely in. Maybe it was adrenaline that kept him going and may have numbed the pain. When the adrenaline wore off, he was probably like "fuck this shit hurts, ok time to die"
hahahaha, sounds about right. XD

PostSubject: Re: Did Eric really have a broken nose?   Did Eric really have a broken nose? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Did Eric really have a broken nose?
Page 1 of 1