Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Was Chris Morris and Cory Friezen at School on 20 April 1999?

Go down 
+8
lasttrain
sscc
myshame
sororityalpha
Love
Jenn
W.A.R.
TrimMeToenails
12 posters
AuthorMessage
TrimMeToenails

TrimMeToenails

Contribution Points : 65033
Forum Reputation : 0

Was Chris Morris and Cory Friezen at School on 20 April 1999? Empty
PostSubject: Was Chris Morris and Cory Friezen at School on 20 April 1999?   Was Chris Morris and Cory Friezen at School on 20 April 1999? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 10, 2017 3:55 am

In another thread, someone argued that Brooks Brown, Chris Morris, and Cory Friezen knew about the planning of the attack.

A relevant question is whether Chris Morris and Cory Friezen were at the school that day. Were they? Or did they stay home?

Edit: I just answered my own question by looking at the Columbine Wiki on Chris Morris. He and Friezen were playing video games at home when the massacre unfolded. Does anyone else find it strange that Morris noticed Harris's increasing anger over time, but later claimed he "never noticed anything"?
Back to top Go down
W.A.R.

Contribution Points : 70598
Forum Reputation : 345

PostSubject: Re: Was Chris Morris and Cory Friezen at School on 20 April 1999?   Was Chris Morris and Cory Friezen at School on 20 April 1999? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 10, 2017 4:59 am

Cory had already graduated and Chris said he had skipped the class during the time it went down for a month.

i don't know if they knew anything but even if they knew something i could probably buy that they thought Eric/Dylan were bullshitting.
Back to top Go down
Jenn
Forum & Discord Server Owner
Jenn

Contribution Points : 119058
Forum Reputation : 1004

PostSubject: Re: Was Chris Morris and Cory Friezen at School on 20 April 1999?   Was Chris Morris and Cory Friezen at School on 20 April 1999? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 10, 2017 5:19 am

Brooks Brown knowing about the shooting is just a ridiculous thing to assume. This is a kid that, for most of high school, Eric hated. Eric and Brooks didn't start talking again until that final semester of school. Because Brooks made a comment that he and Eric ended up in the same class sitting right next to each other. And instead of having it be awkward because they didn't talk, Brooks asked him if he'd like to let bygones be bygones and continue on with the friendship. Eric agreed.

That was not long before the shooting. There's no way in hell Eric was gonna trust Brooks enough to tell him. And that rumor about Dylan "warning" Brooks of Eric's website is false. Aaron (Brooks' brother) is the one who found the website. And Brooks was barely "a friend" to either one of them. Even Sue Klebold said she was shocked when Judy Brown showed up at her house because Dylan and Brooks hadn't really been friends in years.

Chris Morris though? There is a very strong possibility that he knew. I read something awhile back where Chris said that Eric mentioned something about an attack one time and that he didn't take it seriously. I'm sorry I don't have the source for that. It's just something that I read. And also, a lot of people seem to think that napalm or whatever the heck it was, was stored at Chris' house. Eric mentioned on the Basement Tapes about that napalm being at "a certain person's house". I personally think he was referring to Chris. And the fact Chris wasn't in school that day makes me wonder if he knew. Chris did get arrested though.

I'm not sure about Cory. As far as I know he wasn't in school anymore and had graduated.

I also read that Nate Dykeman failed a lie detector test when asked if he knew what Dylan and Eric were planning to do. And another question about helping them, he also failed. And Nate's parents supposedly kicked him out over his involvement with Dylan or they destroyed all his belongings, like CDs and such.

Dylan's best friend was Zachary Heckler. He talked to Dylan on the phone the night before the massacre. This is the best friend that Dylan was so upset over him getting a girlfriend and not hanging out with him as much anymore. I find it really hard to believe that Dylan wouldn't warn him. I know he wouldn't want to kill his best friend but Zach says he never mentioned it to him and he didn't know anything about it. I just don't know if I believe that.

Personally, I think Chris Morris, Nate Dykeman and Zachary Heckler may have known something. The extent of what they knew, I don't know but I think they knew something.

Back to top Go down
Love

Love

Contribution Points : 67916
Forum Reputation : 38

PostSubject: Re: Was Chris Morris and Cory Friezen at School on 20 April 1999?   Was Chris Morris and Cory Friezen at School on 20 April 1999? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 10, 2017 5:46 am

Does anyone know where Zach was at the time of the shooting?

PostSubject: Re: Was Chris Morris and Cory Friezen at School on 20 April 1999?   Was Chris Morris and Cory Friezen at School on 20 April 1999? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 10, 2017 5:55 am

Jenn wrote:
Brooks Brown knowing about the shooting is just a ridiculous thing to assume. This is a kid that, for most of high school, Eric hated. Eric and Brooks didn't start talking again until that final semester of school. Because Brooks made a comment that he and Eric ended up in the same class sitting right next to each other. And instead of having it be awkward because they didn't talk, Brooks asked him if he'd like to let bygones be bygones and continue on with the friendship. Eric agreed.

yeah Brooks seems like the type who would have told everybody and their mother if he knew...i question if he even spoke with Eric on the day of.

i buy that he saw Eric pull in but as i said in the other thread, the conversation as he put it seemed made up.
Back to top Go down
sororityalpha
Top 10 Contributor
sororityalpha

Contribution Points : 124349
Forum Reputation : 1001

PostSubject: Re: Was Chris Morris and Cory Friezen at School on 20 April 1999?   Was Chris Morris and Cory Friezen at School on 20 April 1999? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 10, 2017 11:49 am

Love wrote:
Does anyone know where Zach was at the time of the shooting?

Page 010754:

He describes the day as being normal until approximately 1120 at which time, while in the choir room, a school mate, Brandon Riesbach ran into the room and yelled, "someone's downstairs with a gun" The teacher, Mr. Andres, had made the students exit the room, and he accompanied others out the north door of the school, eventually arriving in Clements Park, where they stayed until contacted by police officers.
Back to top Go down
sororityalpha
Top 10 Contributor
sororityalpha

PostSubject: Re: Was Chris Morris and Cory Friezen at School on 20 April 1999?   Was Chris Morris and Cory Friezen at School on 20 April 1999? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 10, 2017 12:02 pm

Quote :
And that rumor about Dylan "warning" Brooks of Eric's website is false. Aaron (Brooks' brother) is the one who found the website. And Brooks was barely "a friend" to either one of them. Even Sue Klebold said she was shocked when Judy Brown showed up at her house because Dylan and Brooks hadn't really been friends in years.

There were 2 separate times that the police were notified of Eric's website(s).

More information about the 'August 1997 Report' & 'March 1998 Report' can be found here:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Regarding the 1998 Report about Dylan giving Brooks Eric's website, From No Easy Answers:

IN MARCH OF 1998, I WAS WALKING TO CLASS WHEN DYLAN approached me with a small piece of paper. On it was written the address for a Web site. “ I think you should take a look at this tonight,” Dylan said. I shrugged. “ Okay. Anything special? ” I figured at the time that it was the address for some new program Dylan had uncovered. “ It's Eric's Web site,” he said. “ You need to see it. And you can't tell Eric I gave it to you.” I nodded. “ All right.”

That night I logged on for the first time. Sure enough, it was Eric's page; I recognized the more familiar features, like the “ Jo Momma” joke section; all of us would sit around and tell those. “ Jo Momma” jokes are a takeoff of the traditional momma joke, only they're made to be deliberately bad. The humor came from seeing just how lame you could make them. We'd say things like, “ Jo Momma is so poor she lives in a two-story Dorito bag.” “ Jo Momma is so fat she uses a Greyhound bus for roller blades.” “ Jo Momma is so dumb that she has seven extra fingers and two extra toes and she still can't count to 29.”

However, Eric had several pages that clearly were not meant as a joke. They were brutal, savage attacks on everything he hated about the world. One of them had to do with me.

On another page, Eric had posted my phone number, along with a specific list of everything he hated about me. On yet another, he encouraged would-be killers to seek me out, and promised a reward for my head. Eric had an entire three-page document dedicated to the building of pipe bombs. He gave specific instructions on what ingredients to use, along with updates on his own progress. He described the bombs he'd already built, and the successful detonation of one of them.

Eric had posted detailed descriptions of the “ Rebel Missions” he and Dylan had carried out in the neighborhood.

I'd seen enough. I told my parents.

never told my parents that I got the address from Dylan until after the shootings. I was worried that if I did, Eric would find out, and then Dylan would be in trouble with him for having warned me. I simply told my parents that a friend had given it to me, and that if Eric ever found out who, he would hurt him.

In truth, I don't know what Dylan's motives were for giving me that Web site. Maybe he was trying to warn me. Maybe he thought the site was funny, and just didn't take it as seriously as I did. Or maybe Eric did want him to give the address to me. Maybe Dylan was in on it, and both of them wanted to send me a scare. I didn't know.

I have no doubt that Dylan knew exactly what was on that Web site when he gave me the address. He might not have been posting things on it himself, but at the very least, Eric was keeping him up to speed. So I was afraid to go back to him and mention it.

Last edited by sororityalpha on Mon Apr 10, 2017 2:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Jenn
Jenn

PostSubject: Re: Was Chris Morris and Cory Friezen at School on 20 April 1999?   Was Chris Morris and Cory Friezen at School on 20 April 1999? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 10, 2017 12:51 pm

Honestly, I really do not care what Brooks said in his book and I don't consider his book a source because he's a liar. How convenient that he never mentioned that Dylan gave him the address until after Dylan was already dead.

Eric hated Brooks and Dylan's Mother said that Dylan hadn't been close or friends with Brooks in years. And besides, why the heck would Dylan give Brooks the link to Eric's website? A website where Eric talked about going on missions with Dylan.

Brooks is nothing but an attention seeking liar. He used and still uses Columbine for attention. How many times has he said "I'm done with the Columbine stuff" and then 2 months later he's on Reddit doing an "ask me anything" or whatever they call it. There were people who were a lot closer to Dylan and Eric than Brooks was but you don't see them all over the internet trying to get attention. So he can say whatever he wants in his book but I don't believe it. I don't think Dylan gave him that website. Dylan would have been an idiot to do that knowing Brooks would see all the stuff Dylan was involved with.

Back to top Go down
myshame

Contribution Points : 75244

PostSubject: Re: Was Chris Morris and Cory Friezen at School on 20 April 1999?   Was Chris Morris and Cory Friezen at School on 20 April 1999? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 10, 2017 1:00 pm

Jenn wrote:
Honestly, I really do not care what Brooks said in his book and I don't consider his book a source because he's a liar. How convenient that he never mentioned that Dylan gave him the address until after Dylan was already dead.

Eric hated Brooks and Dylan's Mother said that Dylan hadn't been close or friends with Brooks in years. And besides, why the heck would Dylan give Brooks the link to Eric's website? A website where Eric talked about going on missions with Dylan.

Brooks is nothing but an attention seeking liar. He used and still uses Columbine for attention. How many times has he said "I'm done with the Columbine stuff" and then 2 months later he's on Reddit doing an "ask me anything" or whatever they call it. There were people who were a lot closer to Dylan and Eric than Brooks was but you don't see them all over the internet trying to get attention. So he can say whatever he wants in his book but I don't believe it. I don't think Dylan gave him that website. Dylan would have been an idiot to do that knowing Brooks would see all the stuff Dylan was involved with.

Hey, Brooks still sat near them for the class picture.
Back to top Go down
Jenn
Jenn

PostSubject: Re: Was Chris Morris and Cory Friezen at School on 20 April 1999?   Was Chris Morris and Cory Friezen at School on 20 April 1999? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 10, 2017 1:04 pm

myshame wrote:
Jenn wrote:

So what are you saying? That Brooks isn't a liar because he sat with them in the class picture?

Back to top Go down
myshame

PostSubject: Re: Was Chris Morris and Cory Friezen at School on 20 April 1999?   Was Chris Morris and Cory Friezen at School on 20 April 1999? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 10, 2017 1:08 pm

Jenn wrote:
myshame wrote:
Jenn wrote:

So what are you saying? That Brooks isn't a liar because he sat with them in the class picture?
He's a liar, but he was kind of close to them.
Back to top Go down
sororityalpha
Top 10 Contributor
sororityalpha

PostSubject: Re: Was Chris Morris and Cory Friezen at School on 20 April 1999?   Was Chris Morris and Cory Friezen at School on 20 April 1999? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 10, 2017 2:10 pm

It is also told in other Columbine Books (Cullen, Kass, Larkin).

Even Sue reiterates it in her book as well:

Because we had been standing for so long in our driveway, cut off from any media or news updates, we probably knew less than anyone else in Littleton—or the rest of the world, for that matter—about what was going on. Cell phones were not yet as ubiquitous as they are now; although Tom had one for work, its signal was blocked by the sandstone cliffs surrounding our house. The police had commandeered our home phone. Frightened and bewildered, all we could do was pray for our son.

We waited outside in the sun, perched on concrete steps or leaning against parked cars. Judy approached me. Dropping her voice confidentially, she told me about a violent website Eric had made. Still out of my mind with worry about Dylan, I didn’t understand why she was telling me about it, until I did: she’d known Eric was disturbed and dangerous for a long time. “Why didn’t you tell me?” I asked, genuinely baffled. She’d told the police, she said. The house phone rang constantly. The detective called me to the phone to speak to my elderly aunt. She’d heard about a shooting in Littleton. (Dylan’s name had not yet been mentioned on air.) She was in frail health, and I worried about telling her the truth, but realized that protecting her would soon be impossible.

I did learn that school authorities and police had been told about Eric’s website, the one Judy Brown had told me about on the terrible day of the shootings, and that he’d talked openly on the site about pipe bombs and killing people.

Eric had a website, filled with hate speech and violent imagery. He made specific threats against Brooks, going so far as to include the Browns’ telephone number and home address. I did not learn about Eric’s website until the afternoon of the attack on Columbine High School. But Dylan had known about it—and, the day before he and Eric were scheduled for their Diversion intake interviews, he’d told Brooks. In the hallway at school, he’d slipped Brooks a piece of paper with the web address on it, warning him not to tell Eric how he’d found out.

This, to me, is striking—another one of Dylan’s attempts to extricate himself from the relationship with Eric, or at least to call attention to the severity of Eric’s disturbance. Everyone knew Brooks was close to his parents, particularly to his mother; Dylan had to assume Brooks would tell Judy about the site immediately. That is precisely what happened, and the Browns did go to the police. An investigator drew up an affidavit to search the Harris home, which was never shown to a judge. After Columbine, that paperwork disappeared. Not knowing about Eric’s website is a huge regret, and it emphasizes how important it is for parents to share information with one another, though the conversation might be uncomfortable. It’s understandable Judy didn’t come to me about the website: when the two boys were arrested, she believed the police had finally taken action. She had no idea Eric and Dylan had been arrested for a theft that had nothing to do with Eric’s threatening behavior—just as I had no idea Eric had threatened Brooks or anyone at all until the afternoon of the tragedy, when Judy Brown was standing in my driveway and fifteen people were lying dead in the school, countless others injured and traumatized.

Last edited by sororityalpha on Mon Apr 10, 2017 2:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
myshame

PostSubject: Re: Was Chris Morris and Cory Friezen at School on 20 April 1999?   Was Chris Morris and Cory Friezen at School on 20 April 1999? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 10, 2017 2:21 pm

Wouldn't Sue Klebold just be taking Brooks Brown at his word then?
Back to top Go down
sororityalpha
Top 10 Contributor
sororityalpha

PostSubject: Re: Was Chris Morris and Cory Friezen at School on 20 April 1999?   Was Chris Morris and Cory Friezen at School on 20 April 1999? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 10, 2017 2:29 pm

myshame wrote:
Wouldn't Sue Klebold just be taking Brooks Brown at his word then?

It was also mentioned by Cullen, Kass, Larkin - they would be taking Brooks at his own word too.

Interestingly enough, the police were provided copies of Eric's website(s) in 1997 when Eric was threatening Brooks and doing missions and experimenting with fireworks. However, nothing was done.

Then again, nothing was done in 1998 either when the police were provided with more copies of Eric's website(s).

Back to top Go down
Jenn
Jenn

PostSubject: Re: Was Chris Morris and Cory Friezen at School on 20 April 1999?   Was Chris Morris and Cory Friezen at School on 20 April 1999? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 10, 2017 3:04 pm

Leaving these big long passages from these books doesn't prove anything. All of it is based on Brooks word and Brooks is a liar. There is no proof that Dylan told Brooks about the website.

Back to top Go down
sororityalpha
Top 10 Contributor
sororityalpha

PostSubject: Re: Was Chris Morris and Cory Friezen at School on 20 April 1999?   Was Chris Morris and Cory Friezen at School on 20 April 1999? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 10, 2017 3:08 pm

Just putting the information about it on here - for reference.

In all honesty, we don't know.

There is no way to prove or disprove it.
Back to top Go down
sscc

Contribution Points : 83737
Forum Reputation : 698

PostSubject: Re: Was Chris Morris and Cory Friezen at School on 20 April 1999?   Was Chris Morris and Cory Friezen at School on 20 April 1999? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 11, 2017 12:41 am

Chris' girlfriend (who he was dating for over a year and planned to marry, if I remember correctly) was in the cafeteria at the time of the attempted bombing and Cory's father was a teacher at Columbine. Even if neither of them were there at the time of the attack, I have doubts that they would have allowed people that they loved to be in any real danger.
Back to top Go down
myshame

PostSubject: Re: Was Chris Morris and Cory Friezen at School on 20 April 1999?   Was Chris Morris and Cory Friezen at School on 20 April 1999? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 11, 2017 9:01 am

sscc wrote:
Chris' girlfriend (who he was dating for over a year and planned to marry, if I remember correctly) was in the cafeteria at the time of the attempted bombing and Cory's father was a teacher at Columbine. Even if neither of them were there at the time of the attack, I have doubts that they would have allowed people that they loved to be in any real danger.

Was Chris' girlfriend in the 11k?
Back to top Go down
sororityalpha
Top 10 Contributor
sororityalpha

PostSubject: Re: Was Chris Morris and Cory Friezen at School on 20 April 1999?   Was Chris Morris and Cory Friezen at School on 20 April 1999? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 11, 2017 11:46 am

Yes

Nicole Markham Pages 010772-010774
Back to top Go down
sororityalpha
Top 10 Contributor
sororityalpha

PostSubject: Re: Was Chris Morris and Cory Friezen at School on 20 April 1999?   Was Chris Morris and Cory Friezen at School on 20 April 1999? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 13, 2017 3:44 pm

The police concluded that the August 1997 Report 'concerned citizen' was Aaron Brown (brother of Brooks Brown):

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
lasttrain

Contribution Points : 102463
Forum Reputation : 74

PostSubject: Re: Was Chris Morris and Cory Friezen at School on 20 April 1999?   Was Chris Morris and Cory Friezen at School on 20 April 1999? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 13, 2017 5:12 pm

I think it is totally ridiculous to suggest that Chris Morris, Cory Friezen, Nate Dykeman or anyone else was involved in a conspiracy to murder hundreds of people.

Especially based on flimsy evidence that Nate Dykeman's parents destroyed his CDs or other such hearsay. How does that prove his involvement exactly?

These are real, living people we are talking about here.

How would you feel if you were the victim of an attempted murder by a trusted friend and then people accused you of being a conspirator because your parents tossed out some of your CDs?
Back to top Go down
W.A.R.

PostSubject: Re: Was Chris Morris and Cory Friezen at School on 20 April 1999?   Was Chris Morris and Cory Friezen at School on 20 April 1999? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 13, 2017 5:53 pm

I think them having girlfriends and family members there pretty much rules out them having any knowledge. Its fairly miraculous that E&D were able to spend a year planning and keep it close as they did without one of them flaking or telling on themselves in some way. So think how impossible it would have been to keep quiet adding 3-4 more people. You also have to assume those guys were just as nuts as E&D. Three can keep a secret, if two of them are dead.
Back to top Go down
Jenn
Jenn

PostSubject: Re: Was Chris Morris and Cory Friezen at School on 20 April 1999?   Was Chris Morris and Cory Friezen at School on 20 April 1999? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 13, 2017 7:28 pm

lasttrain wrote:
I think it is totally ridiculous to suggest that Chris Morris, Cory Friezen, Nate Dykeman or anyone else was involved in a conspiracy to murder hundreds of people.

Especially based on flimsy evidence that Nate Dykeman's parents destroyed his CDs or other such hearsay. How does that prove his involvement exactly?

These are real, living people we are talking about here.

How would you feel if you were the victim of an attempted murder by a trusted friend and then people accused you of being a conspirator because your parents tossed out some of your CDs?
You really do have a knack for taking people's words and twisting them all around, don't you? Where the hell did I say that any of these people "conspired" to commit murder? WTF? Where did I say that? WHAT I said (if you would have actually read my entire passage instead of skimming through it and making shit up) was why I thought it was ridiculous to assume Brooks knew anything and gave a few reasons on why different friends of the boys may have known or heard something. Although wasn't it YOU who said that Brooks my have known something? Lol.

This has nothing to do with you actually caring what is said about any of these people and everything to do with you just wanting to say something because I feel what you said about Brooks knowing was ridiculous and it was. Why, FFS, would Eric tell Brooks anything? Come on, you're supposed to be a top notch researcher, right? Well then you'd know Eric didn't make up with Brooks until the FINAL semester at Columbine. And even afterwards, Dylan and Eric hung out with Brooks (along with a group of other people) a few times, at best.

So let's get this straight. It's OK for you to say maybe Brooks knew (someone Eric hated for most of high school and never would have even mentioned this to) but it's not OK for me to say that maybe Nate, Chris or Zach may have heard or known some things because these boys were close to Dylan and Eric. And you conveniently left out that the reason I thought Nate may have known something was because he failed some of the questions on his lie detector test. Questions about whether or not he knew anything. That and in ADDITION to his parents destroying all his stuff and him eventually moving out means something, doesn't it? That even his own parents thought he knew something. But some irrelevant girl on a forum gives out reasons why she thinks he may have KNOWN something (not conspired to commit murder) and now I've got you twisting my words all around.

And Dylan and Eric DID mention that they were storing napalm over at "a certain person's house". I don't know if it was Chris or not but MY personal opinion is that it was. Chris even said himself that Eric mentioned an attack or something similar to him on the school and that Chris just didn't take it seriously. And wasn't Chris good friends with Phil? You know the one who set it up for Dylan to buy the Tec-9? But no, Chris couldn't have known anything. And besides, whoever it was storing the napalm, what did they think it was for? If it was something innocent, couldn't Eric just have kept it at his own house?

And one last thing, lasttrain, someone who knows something, something as serious as what Dylan and Eric did, they don't spend the next 20 years using a tragedy to get attention. They keep their mouths shut and don't say anything at all. Just more reasons why Brooks wouldn't have known beforehand.

I don't even know why I wasted all this time typing this out. I'm talking to someone who claims Eric was a ladies man, lol. Eric couldn't even get a prom date. Every single girl he asked turned him down. Yea, that's really a ladies man. And girls who came forward after he was dead claiming they had "a crush" on him are not reputable in my book. Why didn't they tell him how much of a crush they had on him when he was alive or at the very least, be his prom date so he didn't have to sit out while all his friends got to go. Yep, sounds like a ladies man to me.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Was Chris Morris and Cory Friezen at School on 20 April 1999?   Was Chris Morris and Cory Friezen at School on 20 April 1999? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 14, 2017 11:29 pm

I agree with Jenn, here. Robyn, to some extent, had prior knowledge of what was going on too. It is not a coincidence she begged her friend to go to Dairy Queen the day of the shooting. How much she knew for certain, none of us will know, but I believe she was also warned.
Back to top Go down
whyno

whyno

Contribution Points : 68028
Forum Reputation : 50

PostSubject: Re: Was Chris Morris and Cory Friezen at School on 20 April 1999?   Was Chris Morris and Cory Friezen at School on 20 April 1999? Icon_minitimeSat Apr 15, 2017 3:19 am

hvernon wrote:
I agree with Jenn, here. Robyn, to some extent, had prior knowledge of what was going on too. It is not a coincidence she begged her friend to go to Dairy Queen the day of the shooting. How much she knew for certain, none of us will know, but I believe she was also warned.

I knew Robyn had left for lunch, but I haven't heard of her begging her friend to leave campus. Is there more on this? It sounds interesting.

Personally, I agree that she might have known something. But at the same time I'd like to think/hope she would have tried to stop her supposed best friend. Assuming she was told something, and took it seriously enough to not be on campus.
Back to top Go down
sscc

PostSubject: Re: Was Chris Morris and Cory Friezen at School on 20 April 1999?   Was Chris Morris and Cory Friezen at School on 20 April 1999? Icon_minitimeSat Apr 15, 2017 4:51 am

whyno wrote:
hvernon wrote:

I knew Robyn had left for lunch, but I haven't heard of her begging her friend to leave campus. Is there more on this? It sounds interesting.

Personally, I agree that she might have known something. But at the same time I'd like to think/hope she would have tried to stop her supposed best friend. Assuming she was told something, and took it seriously enough to not be on campus.
Monica Schuster said that Robyn was acting weird and rushing her friends off campus.
(1139-1140)
Schuster, Anderson and Golden remained in Anderson's vehicle until 3:00 p.m. when they were told by officers that they could exit the vehicle. Schuster described Anderson's behavior before and during the incident as "weird". Schuster advised that Anderson was acting "strict" when that was not at all in her character. Schuster stated that Anderson acted as if it was urgent that they get out of the school and then asked Schuster if she wanted to stay and eat at Dairy Queen. Schuster stated that she told Anderson that she did not want to eat at Dairy Queen because she did not want to be late for class.

Schuster advised that Anderson was “very close" to Harris and Klebold. Schuster stated that Anderson wanted to be Klebold’s girlfriend. When Schuster learned that Harris and Klebold had committed the shooting at Columbine she was very surprised Klebold was involved. Schuster stated that she thought Chris Morris would be with Harris, not Klebold. Schuster stated that she could see Harris doing something like this because he was much more angry. Schuster stated that Anderson told her that she was with Harris and Klebold when they bought the guns. Schuster wonders if Anderson may have known the shooting at Columbine was going to happen. Schuster did not see Harris or Klebold on April 20, 1999.

(1141-1142)
Robyn did go to the 4th hour German class and Monica added it was pretty easy to talk her into going with her. After class Monica suggested to Robyn they go to lunch. At this point Robyn told Monica they needed to get going and she was in a hurry to go. Monica has a friend Tammy Golden who is a lower classmate and usually is with her at lunch and spends time together. Robyn knows this and was telling them to hurry up and not take to long at the lockers before leaving for lunch. Robyn then left them and she got her car and meet them in the teachers lot to pick them up. Monica felt Robyn was in a hurry and once they were in the car they took off quickly then Robyn in Monica felt Robyn had slowed down some and was not in a hurry as she was at the school.

(1143)
In summary Monica explained the high points of the interview. It was Monica's idea to go to lunch, Robyn agreed readily. Robyn was in agreement to help pay for the lunch. This was surprising to Monica as she is very conservative and only one other time offered to assist with money. Robyn was quite forceful with wanting to hurry up and to get Tammy going faster. Robyn seemed to Monica she was more rushed than normal. Then once they were on their way she calmed down after getting away from the school.

The rest of Monica's interview discusses Robyn's reaction once they returned to the parking lot and found out about the shooting. Tammy Golden (819-822) went to lunch with them as well, but she said that no one was acting out of character. Tammy also goes into some detail about Robyn's reaction as they sat in the car for several hours during the shooting.
Back to top Go down
whyno

whyno

Contribution Points : 68028
Forum Reputation : 50

PostSubject: Re: Was Chris Morris and Cory Friezen at School on 20 April 1999?   Was Chris Morris and Cory Friezen at School on 20 April 1999? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 20, 2017 12:55 pm

sscc wrote:
whyno wrote:
hvernon wrote:

Monica Schuster said that Robyn was acting weird and rushing her friends off campus.
(1139-1140)
Schuster, Anderson and Golden remained in Anderson's vehicle until 3:00 p.m. when they were told by officers that they could exit the vehicle. Schuster described Anderson's behavior before and during the incident as "weird". Schuster advised that Anderson was acting "strict" when that was not at all in her character. Schuster stated that Anderson acted as if it was urgent that they get out of the school and then asked Schuster if she wanted to stay and eat at Dairy Queen. Schuster stated that she told Anderson that she did not want to eat at Dairy Queen because she did not want to be late for class.

Schuster advised that Anderson was “very close" to Harris and Klebold. Schuster stated that Anderson wanted to be Klebold’s girlfriend. When Schuster learned that Harris and Klebold had committed the shooting at Columbine she was very surprised Klebold was involved. Schuster stated that she thought Chris Morris would be with Harris, not Klebold. Schuster stated that she could see Harris doing something like this because he was much more angry. Schuster stated that Anderson told her that she was with Harris and Klebold when they bought the guns. Schuster wonders if Anderson may have known the shooting at Columbine was going to happen. Schuster did not see Harris or Klebold on April 20, 1999.

(1141-1142)
Robyn did go to the 4th hour German class and Monica added it was pretty easy to talk her into going with her. After class Monica suggested to Robyn they go to lunch. At this point Robyn told Monica they needed to get going and she was in a hurry to go. Monica has a friend Tammy Golden who is a lower classmate and usually is with her at lunch and spends time together. Robyn knows this and was telling them to hurry up and not take to long at the lockers before leaving for lunch. Robyn then left them and she got her car and meet them in the teachers lot to pick them up. Monica felt Robyn was in a hurry and once they were in the car they took off quickly then Robyn in Monica felt Robyn had slowed down some and was not in a hurry as she was at the school.

(1143)
In summary Monica explained the high points of the interview. It was Monica's idea to go to lunch, Robyn agreed readily. Robyn was in agreement to help pay for the lunch. This was surprising to Monica as she is very conservative and only one other time offered to assist with money. Robyn was quite forceful with wanting to hurry up and to get Tammy going faster. Robyn seemed to Monica she was more rushed than normal. Then once they were on their way she calmed down after getting away from the school.

The rest of Monica's interview discusses Robyn's reaction once they returned to the parking lot and found out about the shooting. Tammy Golden (819-822) went to lunch with them as well, but she said that no one was acting out of character. Tammy also goes into some detail about Robyn's reaction as they sat in the car for several hours during the shooting.

Thank you for responding! Sorry I'm so late haha

That's really interesting. I wonder if they did warn her. Seems kinda weird they would only warn her though and not their other friends.
Back to top Go down
sscc

PostSubject: Re: Was Chris Morris and Cory Friezen at School on 20 April 1999?   Was Chris Morris and Cory Friezen at School on 20 April 1999? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 20, 2017 2:31 pm

whyno wrote:
Thank you for responding! Sorry I'm so late haha

That's really interesting. I wonder if they did warn her. Seems kinda weird they would only warn her though and not their other friends.
No problem. I'm not sure if she was really warned at all. If she was told anything, I am almost certain that it wasn't anything more than a vague suggestion that something was going to happen that day. I think other friends may have heard the same sort of thing.

This is what Tim Kastle (Nate's best friend) said.
(3422)
When Det. Demmel asked Timothy if Nate Dykeman had any prior knowledge that Eric Harris and Dylan Klebold were going to do something Tim replied that Nate had said he knew they were going to do something but that he did not know they were going to do what they did.
Back to top Go down
AestheticDeath

Contribution Points : 67657

PostSubject: Re: Was Chris Morris and Cory Friezen at School on 20 April 1999?   Was Chris Morris and Cory Friezen at School on 20 April 1999? Icon_minitimeSun Apr 30, 2017 4:58 am

I've had the thought that the fireworks powder could be a reason for Nate failing the lie detector. He helped empty the powder out of the fireworks but said he didn't know what it would be used for.

He might have denied knowing it was for an explosive at all, since that might be illegal.
He probably did know that's what it was for so its a lie, but didn't know the explosive would be used in the attack so its not foreknowledge.
Back to top Go down
Sabratha

Sabratha

Contribution Points : 97917
Forum Reputation : 440

PostSubject: Re: Was Chris Morris and Cory Friezen at School on 20 April 1999?   Was Chris Morris and Cory Friezen at School on 20 April 1999? Icon_minitimeSun Apr 30, 2017 3:21 pm

Jenn wrote:
I find it really hard to believe that Dylan wouldn't warn him. I know he wouldn't want to kill his best friend but Zach says he never mentioned it to him and he didn't know anything about it. I just don't know if I believe that.

Personally, I think Chris Morris, Nate Dykeman and Zachary Heckler may have known something. The extent of what they knew, I don't know but I think they knew something.

I personally doubt Nate or Zach knew anything. IIRC Nate was in the building when the bombs were supposed to go off, wasn't he?

Dylan was imho too self-centered and too depressed at that time to care about anyone else. Eric simply was never as close with any of them, not like Dylan was.

"Bullet Time" - a school shooting film from Poland
Back to top Go down
sororityalpha
Top 10 Contributor
sororityalpha

PostSubject: Re: Was Chris Morris and Cory Friezen at School on 20 April 1999?   Was Chris Morris and Cory Friezen at School on 20 April 1999? Icon_minitimeSun Apr 30, 2017 6:04 pm

Nate Dykeman was not in the school when the bombs would have gone off. He went home for lunch as he usually did - Page 010695.

Zach Heckler was in the choir room at 11:20am on 4/20/99 then exited the building quickly after that - Page 010754.

Back to top Go down
macks_ant86

macks_ant86

Contribution Points : 65146

PostSubject: Re: Was Chris Morris and Cory Friezen at School on 20 April 1999?   Was Chris Morris and Cory Friezen at School on 20 April 1999? Icon_minitimeMon May 01, 2017 9:44 am

sscc wrote:
This is what Tim Kastle (Nate's best friend) said.
(3422)
When Det. Demmel asked Timothy if Nate Dykeman had any prior knowledge that Eric Harris and Dylan Klebold were going to do something Tim replied that Nate had said he knew they were going to do something but that he did not know they were going to do what they did.

This to me is entirely plausible as the natural reaction would be to tell others you care about, not keep it to yourself. Do we know if Timothy was at school that day? Or did he also tell his friends not to be there?
Back to top Go down
sororityalpha
Top 10 Contributor
sororityalpha

PostSubject: Re: Was Chris Morris and Cory Friezen at School on 20 April 1999?   Was Chris Morris and Cory Friezen at School on 20 April 1999? Icon_minitimeMon May 01, 2017 12:43 pm

Tim Kastle's statement(s) are on pages 003415-003422
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Was Chris Morris and Cory Friezen at School on 20 April 1999?   Was Chris Morris and Cory Friezen at School on 20 April 1999? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Was Chris Morris and Cory Friezen at School on 20 April 1999?
Page 1 of 1