Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

All the girls, Dylan was romantically connected in his life

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage

All the girls, Dylan was romantically connected in his life Empty
PostSubject: All the girls, Dylan was romantically connected in his life   All the girls, Dylan was romantically connected in his life Icon_minitimeMon Jun 17, 2013 11:53 am

I remember that list from the old board. So lets start the list.

I begin with Sasha Jacobs- she dated Dylan for a short time in October 1997, is that correct? After that, she dated Eric for a short time and also quit it (and got threatening emails from him).
I often wonder, what Dylan thought and felt about her. The date-time between them was five months after his "1st love", so I dont think, it was her. At October 10, he wrote "possible girlfriends are coming *blackened out*. Ill give the phony shit up in a second want TRUE  love". This could be a reference to her.
At the same entry he later wrote: "I want pure bliss … to be cuddling with *blackened out* , who I think I love deeper than ever … I was hollow, thought I was right."
Could be a reference to Sasha, could be not.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: All the girls, Dylan was romantically connected in his life   All the girls, Dylan was romantically connected in his life Icon_minitimeMon Jun 17, 2013 2:01 pm

I'll start this one off since it's empty. Cool

Robyn Anderson: Fellow senior who went to prom with Dylan, also bought 3/4 of the guns used.
Devon Adams: Dylan’s friend.  According to Devon, she was good friends with him and considered Dylan her "confidant".
Sasha Jacobs (JC-001-013254): Dated Dylan “one or two times” in 1997. She met Eric during this time and dated him instead because she thought there was “something strange” about Dylan.
Tobin Kennedy (JC-001-013268): Tobin worked at “All Wound Up” at the SW Plaza Mall. Dylan came in to her store on 10-12 occasions since Christmas 1998. Tobin said that Dylan asked her out on one of these visits to her store, and she turned him down. Dylan said “Maybe I’ll ask you out again”. Tobin said that on about half of his visits to the store, Dylan had someone else with him, but she didn’t know who it was. Said Dylan dressed “normal”.
Sarah Slater (JC-001-004433): Sarah said she was close to Zach Heckler, and also knew Dylan. Sarah said she used to chat with Dylan online, that Dylan had a “crush” on her, and during her Freshman year. Dylan “wanted to date her”, but she declined. Sarah said that Dylan did not persist in his efforts to go out with Sarah.
Marla Foust(JC-001-001575): She was a sophmore in Dylan’s senior year and in her 11k statement, said that Dylan asked her to prom.  Math teacher, Sharon Morrisey, asked students to write about their experience with Columbine.  Marla apparently wrote that she knew Dylan and the teacher’s opinion is that she wrote fondly about him. The anagram Dylan wrote matches her name in number of letters required (as does Devon Adams).
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: All the girls, Dylan was romantically connected in his life   All the girls, Dylan was romantically connected in his life Icon_minitimeFri Jun 21, 2013 10:24 am

Hale-Bopp wrote:

I begin with Sasha Jacobs- she dated Dylan for a short time in October 1997, is that correct? After that, she dated Eric for a short time and also quit it (and got threatening emails from him).
I often wonder, what Dylan thought and felt about her. The date-time between them was five months after his "1st love", so I dont think, it was her. At October 10, he wrote "possible girlfriends are coming *blackened out*. Ill give the phony shit up in a second want TRUE  love". This could be a reference to her.
At the same entry he later wrote: "I want pure bliss … to be cuddling with *blackened out* , who I think I love deeper than ever … I was hollow, thought I was right."

Looks like you posted in here first but at the time I posted the section was oddly..blank. Hm.  So, I'm sorry if I duplicated your efforts here.  Thanks for starting the topic off, Hale Bopp. Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: All the girls, Dylan was romantically connected in his life   All the girls, Dylan was romantically connected in his life Icon_minitimeFri Jun 21, 2013 10:40 am

No Problem.Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: All the girls, Dylan was romantically connected in his life   All the girls, Dylan was romantically connected in his life Icon_minitimeFri Jun 21, 2013 11:38 pm

Hale-Bopp wrote:

I'll add to yours.  Sasha dated Dylan a couple of times and felt uncomfortable with him.  I would guess that she picked up on his awkward shyness.  I'll quote that bit again from his Oct 97 entry: "been to the zombie bliss side & I hate it as much if not more than the awareness part. I'm back now..a taste of what I thought I want...wrong. Possible girlfriends are coming then [redacted - Sasha?] I'll give the phony shit up in a second want TRUE love."

The thing is, after Sasha gave up on one or two dates with Dylan, she started to date Eric - for, oh, about 20 dates.  So, I suspect that Dylan would not have been very happy if Sasha was the girl Dylan was head over heels for and was dating his best friend several times over.  Instead, he is not venting about Sasha and Eric dating at all in his journal.  I tend to think Sasha was a "possible girlfriend coming" on the scene for him at that time but then when he attempted a date with her, he realized she was one of those shallow, zombie type girls and wasn't interested in the "phony shit".

I do tend to think that Marla is the closest lead.   According to his journal, he had fun at a church rec in 97 with (he appears to scratch out a name which looks like he spelled Marla but then he re-writes) "Mara".  So, perhaps he didn't even know her name exactly.   Then in the fall of '97, she starts CHS and he finds himself in the same class with her in first semester, working on the same project and he is completely captivated.  He write in his "My 1st Love??" entry: "A strange name like my own." So, perhaps at this point during 1st Semester, he finally had a complete handle on her full name.

Last edited by InFiNiNcEX5 on Fri Jun 21, 2013 11:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: All the girls, Dylan was romantically connected in his life   All the girls, Dylan was romantically connected in his life Icon_minitimeFri Jun 21, 2013 11:44 pm

This may sound dumb or a bit blonde but can someone please explain to me what a zombie type girl is?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: All the girls, Dylan was romantically connected in his life   All the girls, Dylan was romantically connected in his life Icon_minitimeFri Jun 21, 2013 11:47 pm

Only Dylan can really answer that question. ;)   But in my opinion, one that isn't an individual and can't think for herself.  She follows her peers or dresses status-y.  Is part of the mainstream zombie-like society.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: All the girls, Dylan was romantically connected in his life   All the girls, Dylan was romantically connected in his life Icon_minitimeFri Jun 21, 2013 11:52 pm

Oh all the things I would love to say and ask them and yes you are probably right. From what I've seen it sounds like CHS had a lot of those types of people. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: All the girls, Dylan was romantically connected in his life   All the girls, Dylan was romantically connected in his life Icon_minitimeSat Jun 22, 2013 12:04 am

CatherineM813 wrote:
Oh all the things I would love to say and ask them and yes you are probably right. From what I've seen it sounds like CHS had a lot of those types of people. Rolling Eyes

I would love to ask him too!  Well, that's just one of many things I would ask him. tongue    But, yeah, CHS was predominantly zombie-eque being one of those upper middle class richy kids and sports competitive schools.  Major turn off for Eric and Dylan.  I kind of think Dylan was perhaps sheepish about his wealthy looking home.  Some student in the 11K mentioned that Dylan removed the BMW emblems off of his car.  He didn't want to be lumped in with those guys wearing Tommy Hilfiger (and who can blame him?) and being spoiled by parents with status-type cars. So, Sasha may have appeared to be of that class and I would bet on their date they had nothing in common to talk about.  The chasm of differences was wide.  Eric wrote in Chad Laughlin's yearbooks that she was a "fat, whiny tard and he went out with her because he felt sorry for her."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: All the girls, Dylan was romantically connected in his life   All the girls, Dylan was romantically connected in his life Icon_minitimeSat Jun 22, 2013 12:20 am

I completely agree that he felt uncomfortable about those types of things. But If it were me I would have loved to live in a house like Dylan's and drove around in a BMW. I'm not a big fan of Tommy Hilfiger though.
Back to top Go down
sororityalpha
Top 10 Contributor
sororityalpha

Contribution Points : 124084
Forum Reputation : 1001

PostSubject: Re: All the girls, Dylan was romantically connected in his life   All the girls, Dylan was romantically connected in his life Icon_minitimeMon Dec 28, 2015 11:37 pm

Well there are at least six girls on this list ...
Back to top Go down
em81

Contribution Points : 101274
Forum Reputation : 3

PostSubject: Re: All the girls, Dylan was romantically connected in his life   All the girls, Dylan was romantically connected in his life Icon_minitimeTue Dec 29, 2015 2:39 am

sororityalpha wrote:
Well there are at least six girls on this list ...

which ones do you mean?
Back to top Go down
sororityalpha
Top 10 Contributor
sororityalpha

Contribution Points : 124084
Forum Reputation : 1001

PostSubject: Re: All the girls, Dylan was romantically connected in his life   All the girls, Dylan was romantically connected in his life Icon_minitimeTue Dec 29, 2015 2:47 am

Robyn Anderson - went to prom wit her, had pictures taken with her and danced with her

Devon Adams: Dylan’s friend. According to Devon, she was good friends with him and considered Dylan her "confidant".

Sasha Jacobs (JC-001-013254): Dated Dylan “one or two times” in 1997.

Tobin Kennedy (JC-001-013268): Tobin worked at “All Wound Up” at the SW Plaza Mall. Dylan came in to her store on 10-12 occasions since Christmas 1998. Tobin said that Dylan asked her out on one of these visits to her store, and she turned him down. Dylan said “Maybe I’ll ask you out again”.

Sarah Slater (JC-001-004433): Sarah said she used to chat with Dylan online, that Dylan had a “crush” on her, and during her Freshman year. Dylan “wanted to date her”, but she declined. Sarah said that Dylan did not persist in his efforts to go out with Sarah.

Marla Foust ((JC-001-001575)) She was a sophomore in Dylan’s senior year and in her 11k statement, said that Dylan asked her to prom. Marla apparently wrote that she knew Dylan and the teacher’s opinion is that she wrote fondly about him.

* Well, I guess I mean 6 girls that Dylan was involved with at least in some way
Back to top Go down
Nirvana92

Nirvana92

Contribution Points : 83239
Forum Reputation : 80

PostSubject: Re: All the girls, Dylan was romantically connected in his life   All the girls, Dylan was romantically connected in his life Icon_minitimeTue Dec 29, 2015 3:41 am

CatherineM813 wrote:
This may sound dumb or a bit blonde but can someone please explain to me what a zombie type girl is?

Zombie = a non-intellectual

Dylan writes about the "zombies" a lot (AKA everyone but Eric and Dylan) but there are times where he seems to long to be one. He envied the common mans ability to ignore how shitty the world is. As NBK approached he started writing about the zombies more. He claimed to be a god with the right to kill. His self hatred is very obvious towards the end. Dylan hated himself so much that he forced himself to believe he was actually better than those he envied. Killing them would raise him to a level unachievable by the zombies. He believed that after it was over he would become powerful enough to cross over through the halcyon into eternity. Dylan both craved and feared death. He had to force himself to go through with it by using NBK as his excuse to end it all. Not only that but he had to make himself believe that suicide was some romantic act that would lead him to everlasting love in a personal paradise.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: All the girls, Dylan was romantically connected in his life   All the girls, Dylan was romantically connected in his life Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

All the girls, Dylan was romantically connected in his life
Page 1 of 1