Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Should Eric and Dylan be on the memorial plaque?

Go down 
+9
starrwilliams
W.A.R.
Draw_It_White
Szabo
ZCD99
PaintItBlack
Lizpuff
TheSpiral
KurtCobain
13 posters
AuthorMessage
KurtCobain

KurtCobain

Contribution Points : 62554
Forum Reputation : 0

Should Eric and Dylan be on the memorial plaque? Empty
PostSubject: Should Eric and Dylan be on the memorial plaque?   Should Eric and Dylan be on the memorial plaque? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 06, 2017 7:05 am

There's a plaque (I believe in/near the library if the school) with all the people who died in the shooting, but no Eric and Dylan. Do you think that they should be on there too?
Back to top Go down
TheSpiral

TheSpiral

Contribution Points : 75139
Forum Reputation : 63

PostSubject: Re: Should Eric and Dylan be on the memorial plaque?   Should Eric and Dylan be on the memorial plaque? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 06, 2017 7:52 am

I don't think they should.
They don't fall into the same category. The 13 were direct victims, not perpetrators.

Now everybody dancing, the dance of the dead
The dance of the dead, the dance of the dead
Back to top Go down
Lizpuff

Lizpuff

Contribution Points : 96449
Forum Reputation : 1190

PostSubject: Re: Should Eric and Dylan be on the memorial plaque?   Should Eric and Dylan be on the memorial plaque? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 06, 2017 8:46 am

I also do not think they should. Yes they were "victims" of their own circumstances, but this was such an emotional event for all involved and I don't think any of the victim's families would want them on such a plaque. People were mad enough about the temporary crosses.

PaintItBlack

PaintItBlack

Contribution Points : 96841
Forum Reputation : 52

PostSubject: Re: Should Eric and Dylan be on the memorial plaque?   Should Eric and Dylan be on the memorial plaque? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 13, 2017 11:49 am

In my opinion, yes because they lost their lives too, their families greatly suffered.
However I'm in the extreme minority on this.
However, just ignoring that 2 more lives were lost and 2 more families suffered never seemed right to me.

We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus; That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing.-Charles Bukowski
Back to top Go down
ZCD99

ZCD99

Contribution Points : 62784

PostSubject: Re: Should Eric and Dylan be on the memorial plaque?   Should Eric and Dylan be on the memorial plaque? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 13, 2017 1:55 pm

I'm glad I'm not the only one who has thought about this. I understand why they aren't but I've always thought they should have there names somewhere just not with the others. I don't really know though to be honest it would probably be vandalized to all hell.

Edit: This being said no it shouldn't be with the victims. Honestly like I said I'm not really sure. If there was one it should be state don't turn out like these people and find help. Mental health maybe?

Last edited by ZCD99 on Thu Jul 13, 2017 11:28 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : clarification)
Back to top Go down
Szabo

Contribution Points : 67978
Forum Reputation : 35

PostSubject: Re: Should Eric and Dylan be on the memorial plaque?   Should Eric and Dylan be on the memorial plaque? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 13, 2017 3:11 pm

If we're going memorialise their names than why not other school shooters as well?

Back to top Go down
Draw_It_White

Draw_It_White

Contribution Points : 98293
Forum Reputation : 154

PostSubject: Re: Should Eric and Dylan be on the memorial plaque?   Should Eric and Dylan be on the memorial plaque? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 13, 2017 4:01 pm

It's ridiculous to even consider the idea of having their names on the victims plaque.
Back to top Go down
W.A.R.

Contribution Points : 70598
Forum Reputation : 345

PostSubject: Re: Should Eric and Dylan be on the memorial plaque?   Should Eric and Dylan be on the memorial plaque? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 13, 2017 4:26 pm

They should paint a big Eric and Dylan mural inside the school.
Back to top Go down
PaintItBlack

PaintItBlack

Contribution Points : 96841
Forum Reputation : 52

PostSubject: Re: Should Eric and Dylan be on the memorial plaque?   Should Eric and Dylan be on the memorial plaque? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 13, 2017 6:47 pm

The Amish immediately reached out to and assisted the window and children of the Nickel Mines shooter. They forgave the shooter right away and invite his family to all memorial services .However, this is due to their religious beliefs and most people would never be willing to do any of the above.

We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus; That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing.-Charles Bukowski
Back to top Go down
starrwilliams

starrwilliams

Contribution Points : 65974

PostSubject: Re: Should Eric and Dylan be on the memorial plaque?   Should Eric and Dylan be on the memorial plaque? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 13, 2017 7:19 pm

W.A.R. wrote:

Yea, like, that'll never happen!
Back to top Go down
Lunkhead McGrath

Contribution Points : 76611
Forum Reputation : 225

PostSubject: Re: Should Eric and Dylan be on the memorial plaque?   Should Eric and Dylan be on the memorial plaque? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 13, 2017 8:57 pm

No; instead, there should be a gigantic double-bust sculpture of Eric and Dylan's heads placed dead center of the library, with their faces made out to resemble freeze frames from when they're cussing at the camera in 'Hitmen For Hire." In particular, I hope whoever does Dylan's head sculpts him to resemble his face right at the moment he screams "FOUR FRICKIN MONTHS!!!" at the camera, and I want the sculptor to screw up Dylan's ugly neanderthal jaw so that it looks even worse.

You know those people who do lovingly detailed paintings recreating E&D's suicide photo and post it onto Deviant Art? Some one like that should do the entire 1999 class photo.
Back to top Go down
ZCD99

ZCD99

Contribution Points : 62784

PostSubject: Re: Should Eric and Dylan be on the memorial plaque?   Should Eric and Dylan be on the memorial plaque? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 13, 2017 10:52 pm

W.A.R. wrote:

Oh yeah.

Moonshadow

Contribution Points : 72156

PostSubject: Re: Should Eric and Dylan be on the memorial plaque?   Should Eric and Dylan be on the memorial plaque? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 18, 2017 3:09 pm

PaintItBlack wrote:

In my opinion, yes because they lost their lives too, their families greatly suffered.
However I'm in the extreme minority on this.
However, just ignoring that 2  more lives were lost and 2 more families suffered never seemed right to me.

Let me join this extreme minority, then cyclops
Back to top Go down
Love

Love

Contribution Points : 67916
Forum Reputation : 38

PostSubject: Re: Should Eric and Dylan be on the memorial plaque?   Should Eric and Dylan be on the memorial plaque? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 27, 2017 5:04 pm

At first, after the tragedy, there were 15 crosses, which was probably due to the fact that no one understood why these children did such terrible things. Well, almost 20 years later, people still argue whether they were victims and desperate outcasts or they were just stupid, aggressive and mentally ill adolescents. I don't  know if they should have memorial plaques, whether it's disrespectful to the victims.

PostSubject: Re: Should Eric and Dylan be on the memorial plaque?   Should Eric and Dylan be on the memorial plaque? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 27, 2017 5:36 pm

While I agree that Eric and Dylan were victims, I also feel they shouldn't be named with the 13 others. Yes, 15 people lost their lives that day. 15 families were completely devastated, but to add Eric and Dylan's names to the other victims would just be cruel. I personally wouldn't want the killer of my loved one to be memorialized either, no matter the circumstances.
Back to top Go down
1Mare1

1Mare1

Contribution Points : 61844
Forum Reputation : 10

PostSubject: Re: Should Eric and Dylan be on the memorial plaque?   Should Eric and Dylan be on the memorial plaque? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 28, 2017 4:49 am

Definitely not. Of course, Eric and Dylan are victims, but putting their names on the plaque will just cause an uproar. If they were placed, after a couple weeks one of the other victims' family members would vandalize it, like they had done with the crosses.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Should Eric and Dylan be on the memorial plaque?   Should Eric and Dylan be on the memorial plaque? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Should Eric and Dylan be on the memorial plaque?
Page 1 of 1