Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!
 
HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
 

 Did Eric and Dylan Always Get Along?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
AZ20




Posts : 71
Contribution Points : 33505
Forum Reputation : 0
Join date : 2020-11-20

Did Eric and Dylan Always Get Along? Empty
PostSubject: Did Eric and Dylan Always Get Along?   Did Eric and Dylan Always Get Along? Icon_minitimeWed Nov 25, 2020 5:20 pm

While it's kind of obvious that Eric was prone to maniacal outbursts and fits of rage, in the final year of his life, Dylan also seemed to be acting out. There are reports about him getting physical with girls in gym class, hitting a female supervisor at Black Jack's, and slamming his fist into the ball return while bowling. My question is...are there any on Eric and Dylan arguing between themselves? I thought I read somewhere on this forum that a co-worker said they argued and didn't speak for a few days, back when they worked together. (Is there a witness report on that?) It's hard to see the two not butting heads with all that anger flying around. There's been a lot of debate over the leader / follower roles, which I'm not fully convinced of.

mflergen likes this post

Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest




Did Eric and Dylan Always Get Along? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Did Eric and Dylan Always Get Along?   Did Eric and Dylan Always Get Along? Icon_minitimeWed Nov 25, 2020 5:40 pm

You know, I think I had heard something like that that they had fought in a match? I don't know if I'll be wrong because I read that centuries ago, although yes, I have no doubt that the two of them had had altercations, they were very irrascible guys,a, but can you imagine what would have happened if they had a strong fight before the NBK? what madness ...
Back to top Go down
AZ20




Posts : 71
Contribution Points : 33505
Forum Reputation : 0
Join date : 2020-11-20

Did Eric and Dylan Always Get Along? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Did Eric and Dylan Always Get Along?   Did Eric and Dylan Always Get Along? Icon_minitimeWed Nov 25, 2020 8:32 pm

margaflor wrote:
You know, I think I had heard something like that that they had fought in a match? I don't know if I'll be wrong because I read that centuries ago, although yes, I have no doubt that the two of them had had altercations, they were very irrascible guys,a, but can you imagine what would have happened if they had a strong fight before the NBK? what madness ...

Right? Sue mentioned the one episode in her book where Eric lost it after a soccer game, because Dylan hadn't played well...and the Harris' sorta scooted Eric away. Sue said it didn't phase Dylan much. That was maybe between sophomore and junior year of HS? As Dylan got older, I find it hard to believe he would put up with that. Unless Eric toned it down a notch.

anna444 likes this post

Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest




Did Eric and Dylan Always Get Along? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Did Eric and Dylan Always Get Along?   Did Eric and Dylan Always Get Along? Icon_minitimeWed Nov 25, 2020 8:42 pm

AZ20 wrote:
margaflor wrote:
You know, I think I had heard something like that that they had fought in a match? I don't know if I'll be wrong because I read that centuries ago, although yes, I have no doubt that the two of them had had altercations, they were very irrascible guys,a, but can you imagine what would have happened if they had a strong fight before the NBK? what madness ...

Right? Sue mentioned the one episode in her book where Eric lost it after a soccer game, because Dylan hadn't played well...and the Harris' sorta scooted Eric away. Sue said it didn't phase Dylan much. That was maybe between sophomore and junior year of HS? As Dylan got older, I find it hard to believe he would put up with that. Unless Eric toned it down a notch.

Yes! That was the time I had heard, you know, maybe it was silly and that's why Dylan was not very affected by it but because of Eric's anger issues, it was a big problem for him. So I have no doubt that he is angry with him for small nonsense that meant a lot to him. For example, maybe for being late for a meeting between them or something like that. On his page "do you know what I hate?" He also shows an outsized hatred of silly things, like fans of specific movies or the lines at the supermarket. That Dylan is not affected by this just makes me think

Perhaps this event contradicts the theory that Dylan was influenced by Eric, in addition to my Dylan (I theorize) that knowing him as his close friend he already knew how Eric would act on certain occasions and if he got angry he would not care because he knew him and knew that he was somewhat irascible, that's why the influence theory is a bit silly to me ...
Back to top Go down
AZ20




Posts : 71
Contribution Points : 33505
Forum Reputation : 0
Join date : 2020-11-20

Did Eric and Dylan Always Get Along? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Did Eric and Dylan Always Get Along?   Did Eric and Dylan Always Get Along? Icon_minitimeWed Nov 25, 2020 10:14 pm

margaflor wrote:
AZ20 wrote:
margaflor wrote:
You know, I think I had heard something like that that they had fought in a match? I don't know if I'll be wrong because I read that centuries ago, although yes, I have no doubt that the two of them had had altercations, they were very irrascible guys,a, but can you imagine what would have happened if they had a strong fight before the NBK? what madness ...

Right? Sue mentioned the one episode in her book where Eric lost it after a soccer game, because Dylan hadn't played well...and the Harris' sorta scooted Eric away. Sue said it didn't phase Dylan much. That was maybe between sophomore and junior year of HS? As Dylan got older, I find it hard to believe he would put up with that. Unless Eric toned it down a notch.

Yes! That was the time I had heard, you know, maybe it was silly and that's why Dylan was not very affected by it but because of Eric's anger issues, it was a big problem for him. So I have no doubt that he is angry with him for small nonsense that meant a lot to him. For example, maybe for being late for a meeting between them or something like that. On his page "do you know what I hate?" He also shows an outsized hatred of silly things, like fans of specific movies or the lines at the supermarket. That Dylan is not affected by this just makes me think

Perhaps this event contradicts the theory that Dylan was influenced by Eric, in addition to my Dylan (I theorize) that knowing him as his close friend he already knew how Eric would act on certain occasions and if he got angry he would not care because he knew him and knew that he was somewhat irascible, that's why the influence theory is a bit silly to me ...

True. My brother used to call me everytime he was drunk and angry, just to the it out on someone. Finally, I started telling him, "Okay, give me a call back when you're sober." And then hang up. Next time we talked, it would be as if it never happened... Lol. I still wish I could find out more about the time the two of them were fighting and didn't speak for days, though. Especially the date or estimated date.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest




Did Eric and Dylan Always Get Along? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Did Eric and Dylan Always Get Along?   Did Eric and Dylan Always Get Along? Icon_minitimeThu Nov 26, 2020 2:22 pm

Everyone has arguments or disagreements. That would have included Eric and Dylan, too.
Back to top Go down
lol




Posts : 418
Contribution Points : 101222
Forum Reputation : 325
Join date : 2013-07-26

Did Eric and Dylan Always Get Along? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Did Eric and Dylan Always Get Along?   Did Eric and Dylan Always Get Along? Icon_minitimeThu Nov 26, 2020 4:11 pm

Of course they had arguments. Eric was a damn hothead. I'm pretty sure Dylan was just like "Dude...whatever." But Eric knew that he needed Dylan as much as Dylan needed him, because while Dylan used Eric as a way to commit suicide and cause homicide, Eric's best friend was Dylan. He relied on Dylan near the end of his life.

He pushed almost all his friends away, and he just kept Dylan. A lot of Eric's friends couldn't even tolerate him.

I remember once a girl hit Dylan's car in the parking lot (it was in the 11K Reports), and Eric comes out and starts screaming at the girl. Dylan comes out, and tells Eric to go back inside the car, and then told the girl "Don't worry. It's cool". Lol. I can just imagine Dylan just telling Eric to STFU and get the hell back in the car.

anna444 likes this post

Back to top Go down
lognifiiskurk
Top 10 Contributor
lognifiiskurk


Posts : 1089
Contribution Points : 59364
Forum Reputation : 175
Join date : 2020-07-18

Did Eric and Dylan Always Get Along? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Did Eric and Dylan Always Get Along?   Did Eric and Dylan Always Get Along? Icon_minitimeThu Nov 26, 2020 6:20 pm

there was the infamous sports match incident. i think that it is obvious that eric valued dylan more than dylan valued eric.

_________________
"One day I might just disappear and you will never find me. Nobody will ever find me"

anna444 likes this post

Back to top Go down
Luci

Luci


Posts : 404
Contribution Points : 38478
Forum Reputation : 68
Join date : 2020-11-04
Age : 18
Location : Murica’

Did Eric and Dylan Always Get Along? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Did Eric and Dylan Always Get Along?   Did Eric and Dylan Always Get Along? Icon_minitimeThu Nov 26, 2020 7:22 pm

Basically every friendship probably had atleast one fight or where they ignored each other for a few days. They definitely sticked through thick and thin though. Even if they got in a fight, they probably couldn’t live without each other.

_________________
“You have vandalized my heart, raped my soul and torched my conscience. You thought it was one pathetic, bored life you were extinguishing."
- Seung Hui Cho

“There isn’t an open sky or endless field to be found where I reside, not is there light or salvation to be discovered. Right about now I feel as low as I ever have. So fucking naive man, so fucking naive. Always expecting change when I know nothing ever changes… I sacrifice no more for others, part of me has fucking died and I hate this shit. I’m living every mans nightmare and that single fact alone is kicking my ass.”
-Jeff Weise
Back to top Go down
AZ20




Posts : 71
Contribution Points : 33505
Forum Reputation : 0
Join date : 2020-11-20

Did Eric and Dylan Always Get Along? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Did Eric and Dylan Always Get Along?   Did Eric and Dylan Always Get Along? Icon_minitimeFri Nov 27, 2020 5:32 pm

lognifiiskurk wrote:
there was the infamous sports match incident. i think that it is obvious that eric valued dylan more than dylan valued eric.

I definitely get that impression. Primarily based on Devon's remarks about Eric copying Dylan's Rammstein car sticker, trenchcoat, etc. Also, everything in his journal is me and VoDkA this, me and VoDkA that... adopting some of Dylan's phrases about self-awareness... It's interesting because overall, Eric seems to have a stronger personality. Overall, however, I think they had to have been securely bonded to carry out an act so heinous and follow through with suicide together.

anna444 likes this post

Back to top Go down
AZ20




Posts : 71
Contribution Points : 33505
Forum Reputation : 0
Join date : 2020-11-20

Did Eric and Dylan Always Get Along? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Did Eric and Dylan Always Get Along?   Did Eric and Dylan Always Get Along? Icon_minitimeFri Nov 27, 2020 5:44 pm

lol wrote:
Of course they had arguments. Eric was a damn hothead. I'm pretty sure Dylan was just like "Dude...whatever." But Eric knew that he needed Dylan as much as Dylan needed him, because while Dylan used Eric as a way to commit suicide and cause homicide, Eric's best friend was Dylan. He relied on Dylan near the end of his life.

He pushed almost all his friends away, and he just kept Dylan. A lot of Eric's friends couldn't even tolerate him.

I remember once a girl hit Dylan's car in the parking lot (it was in the 11K Reports), and Eric comes out and starts screaming at the girl. Dylan comes out, and tells Eric to go back inside the car, and then told the girl "Don't worry. It's cool". Lol. I can just imagine Dylan just telling Eric to STFU and get the hell back in the car.

Eric was pretty infamous for holding grudges against so-called "friends" and you're absolutely correct that he was known to have a short fuse. Seemed like in the last two years of life, Dylan was having a hard time keeping his anger under wraps, too. If they were pissed at each other and didn't speak for a few day, makes me wonder what it could have been over...and how they got through that bump in the road. While they may both have used one another to accomplish their ultimate goals, there had to be a certain level of trust in one another in order to even have had some of the crazy conversations they did. You gotta be tight to do all that planning with someone and go through with mass murder and suicide -- and believe the other person would turn you in or back out last minute. That's some messed up shit to share. You bring up an interesting point about Eric pushing all friends away but Dylan near the end.

anna444 likes this post

Back to top Go down
AZ20




Posts : 71
Contribution Points : 33505
Forum Reputation : 0
Join date : 2020-11-20

Did Eric and Dylan Always Get Along? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Did Eric and Dylan Always Get Along?   Did Eric and Dylan Always Get Along? Icon_minitimeFri Nov 27, 2020 5:49 pm

Ivan wrote:
Everyone has arguments or disagreements. That would have included Eric and Dylan, too.

Yeah, I get that. Maybe what I'm curious about is more how they sorted things out, given Eric's reputation for holding long term grudges. It would be interesting to know what it was that had them not speaking for days, given they were pretty co-dependent...and also if one approached the other to apologize, first. The relationship seems complicated and though there may not have been a true leader between the two, the interaction could be telling.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest




Did Eric and Dylan Always Get Along? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Did Eric and Dylan Always Get Along?   Did Eric and Dylan Always Get Along? Icon_minitimeFri Nov 27, 2020 5:55 pm

AZ20 wrote:
Ivan wrote:
Everyone has arguments or disagreements. That would have included Eric and Dylan, too.

Yeah, I get that. Maybe what I'm curious about is more how they sorted things out, given Eric's reputation for holding long term grudges. It would be interesting to know what it was that had them not speaking for days, given they were pretty co-dependent...and also if one approached the other to apologize, first. The relationship seems complicated and though there may not have been a true leader between the two, the interaction could be telling.
I think Eric made an exception for Dylan. He was really his best friend. Dylan had plenty of other friends besides Eric so if they had an argument he could've simply spent more time with them while Eric calmed down.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest




Did Eric and Dylan Always Get Along? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Did Eric and Dylan Always Get Along?   Did Eric and Dylan Always Get Along? Icon_minitimeFri Nov 27, 2020 7:00 pm

AZ20 wrote:
margaflor wrote:
AZ20 wrote:
margaflor wrote:
You know, I think I had heard something like that that they had fought in a match? I don't know if I'll be wrong because I read that centuries ago, although yes, I have no doubt that the two of them had had altercations, they were very irrascible guys,a, but can you imagine what would have happened if they had a strong fight before the NBK? what madness ...

Right? Sue mentioned the one episode in her book where Eric lost it after a soccer game, because Dylan hadn't played well...and the Harris' sorta scooted Eric away. Sue said it didn't phase Dylan much. That was maybe between sophomore and junior year of HS? As Dylan got older, I find it hard to believe he would put up with that. Unless Eric toned it down a notch.

Yes! That was the time I had heard, you know, maybe it was silly and that's why Dylan was not very affected by it but because of Eric's anger issues, it was a big problem for him. So I have no doubt that he is angry with him for small nonsense that meant a lot to him. For example, maybe for being late for a meeting between them or something like that. On his page "do you know what I hate?" He also shows an outsized hatred of silly things, like fans of specific movies or the lines at the supermarket. That Dylan is not affected by this just makes me think

Perhaps this event contradicts the theory that Dylan was influenced by Eric, in addition to my Dylan (I theorize) that knowing him as his close friend he already knew how Eric would act on certain occasions and if he got angry he would not care because he knew him and knew that he was somewhat irascible, that's why the influence theory is a bit silly to me ...

True. My brother used to call me everytime he was drunk and angry, just to the it out on someone. Finally, I started telling him, "Okay, give me a call back when you're sober." And then hang up. Next time we talked, it would be as if it never happened... Lol. I still wish I could find out more about the time the two of them were fighting and didn't speak for days, though. Especially the date or estimated date.

Of course, yes, all people have disputes, sure as you said, maybe they also had a very strong argument when they were drunk, I couldn't read Sue's entire book but I wonder if she mentioned something like this, or any of the 2 mentioned it to a friend. I have heard that Dylan had annoyed Eric for putting a sticker like his on his car, but I don't know if this was true and if it was safe it was a slight anger ...
Back to top Go down
 
Did Eric and Dylan Always Get Along?
Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» The IQs of Eric and Dylan?
» why did eric and dylan do it
» Did Eric or Dylan See themselves on TV?
» why did eric and dylan do it
» If Eric and Dylan never met...

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum :: Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum :: Thoughts on the Shooting-
Jump to: