Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Eric and Dylan at 40

Go down 
AuthorMessage
perpetual state

Contribution Points : 63217
Forum Reputation : 0

Eric and Dylan at 40 Empty
PostSubject: Eric and Dylan at 40   Eric and Dylan at 40 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 14, 2021 11:56 pm

What do you guys think of E+D being 40 this year? Wonder what different path they chose if the massacre never happen. Would they have cringe of what they thought of their teenage selves? And the young people that seem to admire them?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Screamingophelia
Other Crimes Moderator, Discord Admin & Top 10 Contributor
Screamingophelia

Contribution Points : 159187
Forum Reputation : 1088

PostSubject: Re: Eric and Dylan at 40   Eric and Dylan at 40 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 15, 2021 9:16 am

I question the things I did at 25.. let alone 17, so I would hope they would have thought differently about it.

It's hard to answer this question though, because most teenagers don't commit this kind of crime... and I sometimes find it hard to think of them as regular teens, even though in a lot of ways they were, but I don't think them just going to college or getting out of HS would have made them feel a lot better.

isabellaaa likes this post

Back to top Go down
View user profile
MurdocNiccals

MurdocNiccals

Contribution Points : 5063

PostSubject: Re: Eric and Dylan at 40   Eric and Dylan at 40 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 15, 2021 9:41 am

it's a strange thought for sure.

I believe that if columbine hadn't've happened, Eric would have taken a job as a videogame designer/programmer, after/during college, and most likely would drop into a different course as videogame making is a lot harder than it seems. There's also the possibility he could've joined the Marines as he had been trying to do.

Dylan, on the other hand, is a bit up in the air. My guess is that he would've gone to Arizona State, then gotten some job in IT or some form of that. His depression might affect this, he might've killed himself as he had been stating he wanted to.

Kinkeloukaitis

Kinkeloukaitis

Contribution Points : 12362

PostSubject: Re: Eric and Dylan at 40   Eric and Dylan at 40 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 15, 2021 9:10 pm

They would never have seen the light of day at the age of 40, even without the Columbine massacre. I find it hard to imagine Eric and Dylan suicidal as hell, going to the age of 40.

Mystic808 likes this post

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mystic808

Mystic808

Contribution Points : 34046
Forum Reputation : 10

PostSubject: Re: Eric and Dylan at 40   Eric and Dylan at 40 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 17, 2021 9:26 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
They would never have seen the light of day at the age of 40, even without the Columbine massacre. I find it hard to imagine Eric and Dylan suicidal as hell, going to the age of 40.

MTE, In Dylans case not even passed 19. Had the plan fallen through I think Dylan still would have killed himself not long after, which would have probably been in his dorm during his first semester at UA.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Kinkeloukaitis likes this post

Back to top Go down
View user profile
VoDKaComeHere

Contribution Points : 30780
Forum Reputation : 25

PostSubject: Re: Eric and Dylan at 40   Eric and Dylan at 40 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2021 12:22 am

What do you guys think of E+D being 40 this year? Wonder what different path they chose if the massacre never happen. Would they have cringe of what they thought of their teenage selves? And the young people that seem to admire them?

They’d be 39 right now not 40. Make this post at the end of the year not the beginning of the year. I get that it’s 2021 and you’re basing it off that at the year they were born. But don’t forget, it’s only February, and eric was born in April and Dylan was September. So Dylan wouldn’t even be 39 and a half yet.

VoDKaComeHere likes this post

bit_bit46 dislikes this post

Back to top Go down
View user profile
lognifiiskurk

lognifiiskurk

Contribution Points : 17474

PostSubject: Re: Eric and Dylan at 40   Eric and Dylan at 40 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2021 6:25 pm

Realistically, I don't think that they would have lived until 40. Like many have said, Dylan would have killed himself and Eric might have done the same.

AestheticDeath

Contribution Points : 38507

PostSubject: Re: Eric and Dylan at 40   Eric and Dylan at 40 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2021 1:42 am

As weird as it is to think Eric might have found his place, I think he would have with the Iraq/Afghanistan conflicts. Even if he still couldn't quite get the exact position he wanted he might have found something acceptable to him and gotten involved. Then at 40 even if he didn't still have a career he'd likely still be in the discussion groups, talking about his glory days in the field and following the emerging threats/situations that guys get into today. Or maybe he could have even made it as a career guy as his Dad could have probably advised him on how to do it.

A little harder for me to imagine what specifically what Dylan would be doing because so many different avenues emerged with computers, film, games, even apps and phones later on. But it seems likely to me that he'd settle in to something along those lines, probably dependent on when he finished school like if he made it straight through or if he goofed off and it took a while. Whatever happened to be big when he was finishing.

they might also have interesting opinions whenever school shootings did become a thing - if say all the plans were laid but they never did it. Although when I listed the stuff above I was thinking along the lines of them never having gotten all that close.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
VoDKaComeHere

Contribution Points : 30780

PostSubject: Re: Eric and Dylan at 40   Eric and Dylan at 40 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2021 2:37 pm

Not sure why my comment was disliked lol? Guess people just love to over-rush things and don’t like being told otherwise. Again, this post really should of been made at the end of 2021 not the beginning lol. I guess the age 39 doesn’t exist and we just jump right to 40. Dylan’s still 39 for another 7 months, not even 39 and a half yet but yeah they’re 40 lol. You’re just psychologically tricked by the fact you like that 40 is a nice crisp number, the beginning of the decade, where as 39 is the last year of the 30’s so it’s not as cool. But NOPE they’re not 40, they’re 39.

VoDKaComeHere likes this post

Back to top Go down
View user profile

Eric and Dylan at 40
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum :: Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum :: Thoughts on the Shooting-
Jump to: