Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Face to face with Eric or Dylan

Go down 
+12
Primate Murder
rebvsvodka96
EyebrownSonSun
tinfoil
Saoradh
shades
1Mare1
Littlelo
[ReB]
Glamazon
TheSpiral
Jollyhelpful
16 posters
AuthorMessage

Face to face with Eric or Dylan Empty
PostSubject: Face to face with Eric or Dylan   Face to face with Eric or Dylan Icon_minitime22nd July 2017, 4:22 pm

You're at Columbine on the day of the massacre. You have the choice of being confronted by Eric or Dylan and granted a chance to speak and plead/reason with them to spare your life.. Who would you rather encounter and why?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Face to face with Eric or Dylan   Face to face with Eric or Dylan Icon_minitime22nd July 2017, 9:47 pm

Good luck.
Back to top Go down
Jollyhelpful

Jollyhelpful

Contribution Points : 66094
Forum Reputation : 70

PostSubject: Re: Face to face with Eric or Dylan   Face to face with Eric or Dylan Icon_minitime22nd July 2017, 11:14 pm

I think the answer to this question depends more on which of these two you could better relate with. Personally; I would plead my case with Dylan, just because I subscribe to the 'you kill with me, and I'll die with you theory". Even so,I still that think there's still a strong chance that Dylan would gun me down in cold blood.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Face to face with Eric or Dylan   Face to face with Eric or Dylan Icon_minitime22nd July 2017, 11:53 pm

dylan, tbh.
Back to top Go down
TheSpiral

TheSpiral

Contribution Points : 74839
Forum Reputation : 63

PostSubject: Re: Face to face with Eric or Dylan   Face to face with Eric or Dylan Icon_minitime23rd July 2017, 3:09 am

Eric, pleading worked with him at least once during the shooting.

Now everybody dancing, the dance of the dead
The dance of the dead, the dance of the dead
Back to top Go down
Glamazon

Contribution Points : 66760
Forum Reputation : 25

PostSubject: Re: Face to face with Eric or Dylan   Face to face with Eric or Dylan Icon_minitime23rd July 2017, 4:28 am

Plead for a life I don’t want? [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

TheSpiral

Contribution Points : 74839
Forum Reputation : 63

PostSubject: Re: Face to face with Eric or Dylan   Face to face with Eric or Dylan Icon_minitime23rd July 2017, 6:48 am

Glamazon wrote:
Plead for a life I don’t want? [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I don't want mine either. But I want to die by my own hand, by my own terms. Not anyone else's. Which is why I'd try everything in my power to survive that ordeal.

Now everybody dancing, the dance of the dead
The dance of the dead, the dance of the dead
Back to top Go down
Glamazon

Contribution Points : 66760

PostSubject: Re: Face to face with Eric or Dylan   Face to face with Eric or Dylan Icon_minitime23rd July 2017, 9:37 am

TheSpiral wrote:

I don't want mine either. But I want to die by my own hand, by my own terms. Not anyone else's. Which is why I'd try everything in my power to survive that ordeal.

Which all comes down to pride and control. Nobody wants to be a victim and humans in general dislike situations where they are not in control of themselves. But there’s a bigger chance of dying by murder than by suicide, since it’s against our instincts to kill ourselves. Most suicide attempts in general are not successful, since humans cave into their instincts or use ineffective suicidal methods.
Rampage killers try to kill as many people as possible in a short amount of time. Their victims are mostly either complete strangers or people they’re simply acquainted with. So victims of mass murder tend to die in a quick and rather impersonal way, which usually doesn’t involve any torture. For a person who genuinely wants to perish, it’s not the worst way to die.

[ReB]

Contribution Points : 61392
Forum Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: Face to face with Eric or Dylan   Face to face with Eric or Dylan Icon_minitime7th August 2017, 3:39 pm

Eric. I relate to him pretty well. Same views on the world in general, especially the whole "society as robots" bit. Think I'd have a much higher chance of talking him down from blowing my head off.

Littlelo

Contribution Points : 66478
Forum Reputation : 90

PostSubject: Re: Face to face with Eric or Dylan   Face to face with Eric or Dylan Icon_minitime8th August 2017, 9:20 am

As a female, I'm not sure which of them would be better to plead my case to. Eric wrote some disturbing things about girls in his journal. And while Dylan seemed to be more sensitive from his writings, the 911 call recording shows he was enjoying what he did...
Back to top Go down
1Mare1

1Mare1

Contribution Points : 61544
Forum Reputation : 10

PostSubject: Re: Face to face with Eric or Dylan   Face to face with Eric or Dylan Icon_minitime11th August 2017, 10:55 am

Definitely Eric, as he seemed to be more collected during the massacre. According to noises from that 911 call, Dylan was ecstatic and out his mind.

I share a lot of characteristics with Eric, especially when it comes to a grudge towards the people at school and society in general.

In a best case scenario, I think they wouldn't even notice me in library as I would probably hang around on an isolated table away from others, where I could read in peace.

Broken Hope likes this post

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Face to face with Eric or Dylan   Face to face with Eric or Dylan Icon_minitime11th August 2017, 6:40 pm

(deleted)

Last edited by Andromeda on 12th January 2018, 5:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
shades

shades

Contribution Points : 79711
Forum Reputation : 38

PostSubject: Re: Face to face with Eric or Dylan   Face to face with Eric or Dylan Icon_minitime12th August 2017, 3:12 pm

Eric.
We are almost the same people. And deep down i know he would appreciate someone picking through the right things inside him and talking to him about it. It was all he ever looked for when he was alive.

Vluptune dislikes this post

Back to top Go down
Saoradh

Saoradh

Contribution Points : 37979
Forum Reputation : 175

PostSubject: Re: Face to face with Eric or Dylan   Face to face with Eric or Dylan Icon_minitime10th August 2021, 5:33 pm

Dylan as he executed less then Eric.

Employer_Square and Vluptune dislike this post

Back to top Go down
tinfoil

tinfoil

Contribution Points : 25950

PostSubject: Re: Face to face with Eric or Dylan   Face to face with Eric or Dylan Icon_minitime10th August 2021, 9:25 pm

would the reverse work? If you told one of them to kill you and that you wanted to die, would they?

sscc likes this post

Back to top Go down
EyebrownSonSun

EyebrownSonSun

Contribution Points : 37551

PostSubject: Re: Face to face with Eric or Dylan   Face to face with Eric or Dylan Icon_minitime11th August 2021, 4:24 am

I relate to Eric a lot, almost every normal thought or interests, life view, the way we're acting with society or other stuff (not including fucked up times) is like mirror, but i also understand that we wouldn't make any normal conversation in case of shooting. Before shooting, i'd simply try being nice with him, sharing the same interests and listen. But at the same time i can see that he didn't need any help or attention at the last years of his life. It was too late. Maybe it would worth it in case of being one of his friends from old companies such as Rebbel Clan or idk, but last years - nope, useless talking or being tricked n left like a fool.
In case of meeting him face to face during the shooting, i'd rather say something that would make him think. Not in dramatic way, something that he was thinking about too, searching the dumb and kind of 'edgy' answer. And then after that just probably get a bullet inside. I don't think that i would plead him for a life, nah.
Actually, if i could talk to him and forget about the bad sides of his mind, still, it would be nice to know more about him and spend some time as simple philosophic friends, having "you're nothing & i'm nothing, no one belongs to anyone/anything on this planet, you don't owe anyone anything" conversation.

rebvsvodka96

Contribution Points : 25330

PostSubject: Re: Face to face with Eric or Dylan   Face to face with Eric or Dylan Icon_minitime18th August 2021, 4:31 pm

I would say "my whole existence is flawed, you get me closer to god" because he loved that one NIN song, and Dylan quoted it in his diary, idk why that came to mind, but I'd say that. Get it? Closer to God? Corny I know. But I found it kind of good.
Back to top Go down
Primate Murder
Top 10 Contributor
Primate Murder

Contribution Points : 64058
Forum Reputation : 446

PostSubject: Re: Face to face with Eric or Dylan   Face to face with Eric or Dylan Icon_minitime19th August 2021, 2:17 am

I'd beat the shit out of both of them with my powerful rock-throwing strength. Shotgun pellets and 9mm bullets? What are those? I'd eat them all, and spit them all out on those two. Gonna go Kirby and caveman on those bastards. If I somehow lose, I'll kill myself before they could kill me just to troll them.

Employer_Square likes this post

Back to top Go down
nat_reality

nat_reality

Contribution Points : 24379

PostSubject: Re: Face to face with Eric or Dylan   Face to face with Eric or Dylan Icon_minitime28th August 2021, 11:05 am

If it's true that Eric seemed to be slipping in and out of his REB persona, maybe that's where one has a tiny chance to reach him. But would straight up begging work or should you try to bring up something personal in order to catch him more of guard?

Contribution Points : 76111
Forum Reputation : 225

PostSubject: kirby   Face to face with Eric or Dylan Icon_minitime27th September 2021, 6:43 pm

Primate Murder wrote:
I'd beat the whippersnapper out of both of them with my powerful rock-throwing strength. Shotgun pellets and 9mm bullets? What are those? I'd eat them all, and spit them all out on those two. Gonna go Kirby and caveman on those bastards. If I somehow lose, I'll kill myself before they could kill me just to troll them.

LOL, I'd forgotten about Kirby
Back to top Go down
Adzybear

Adzybear

Contribution Points : 60811
Forum Reputation : 100

PostSubject: Re: Face to face with Eric or Dylan   Face to face with Eric or Dylan Icon_minitime25th December 2021, 2:57 pm

Dylan? Maybe just beacause I'm a guy with long hair?

Knowing what we know now, maybe compliment him on his Wrath T Shirt?

"I think the Red writing goes great with the Black....." BANG!!!

Broken Hope and venustriste like this post

Back to top Go down
5PMSomewhere

5PMSomewhere

Contribution Points : 53580

PostSubject: Re: Face to face with Eric or Dylan   Face to face with Eric or Dylan Icon_minitime27th December 2021, 5:43 pm

Eric easily - seemed SOMEWHAT reasonable.
Dylan was on another planet.

noodlesoldier likes this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Face to face with Eric or Dylan   Face to face with Eric or Dylan Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Face to face with Eric or Dylan
Page 1 of 1