Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Is this possible? Bombs and behavior

Go down 
+3
starrwilliams
TheSpiral
silentprocess
7 posters
AuthorMessage
silentprocess

silentprocess

Contribution Points : 62334
Forum Reputation : 0

Is this possible?  Bombs and behavior Empty
PostSubject: Is this possible? Bombs and behavior   Is this possible?  Bombs and behavior Icon_minitimeFri Jul 28, 2017 12:03 pm

I was just wondering if this situation was at all possible. Some of this hypothesis is dependent on their view from the Library window.

I'm thinking the bombs affected Erics' behavior considerably, Eric may have sent Dylan down to check on the bombs after the initial shooting started.

Eric may have eventually decided on entering the library not only because he saw someone in there and opened fire upon them, but perhaps because it offered a view of their vehicles (is this accurate or could they not see their vehicles). Where he could monitor if the car bombs exploded, even if there wasn't a direct view it should have been obvious if they exploded or not from what was happening outside.

After they were done in the library they both go to check the bombs and attempt to detonate them which was also a failure. Then at least Eric looks out the library window, possibly to check on the car bombs again. Seeing an amassing force wouldn't help their situation either.

I think after Eric saw all his bombs failed he determined there was nothing left to do but commit suicide.

Frustrated and pissed, with a broken nose and complete failure of all bombs Eric just sat down and blew his head off.

Do you think him committing suicide so decisively was directly correlated to the bombs and their utter and complete failure?
Back to top Go down
TheSpiral

TheSpiral

Contribution Points : 75114
Forum Reputation : 63

PostSubject: Re: Is this possible? Bombs and behavior   Is this possible?  Bombs and behavior Icon_minitimeFri Jul 28, 2017 1:00 pm

I think so too.
The bombs failing was a major mood destroyer. It demoralised Eric more than Dylan, because I think Dylan didn't care at all about the bombs, or any other aspect of their plan besides his death.
I do think Eric died feeling like it was a failiure.

Now everybody dancing, the dance of the dead
The dance of the dead, the dance of the dead
Back to top Go down
silentprocess

silentprocess

PostSubject: Re: Is this possible? Bombs and behavior   Is this possible?  Bombs and behavior Icon_minitimeFri Jul 28, 2017 1:52 pm

Agreed Spiral, I also think the bombs failing explain a lot of the wandering around the halls. Eric wanted to find a way to destroy the building. Having no luck with anything else he was looking for any other option that would present itself, and when none did and the car bombs didn't explode that was curtains.

starrwilliams

Contribution Points : 65949

PostSubject: Re: Is this possible? Bombs and behavior   Is this possible?  Bombs and behavior Icon_minitimeFri Jul 28, 2017 9:53 pm

silentprocess wrote:
Agreed Spiral, I also think the bombs failing explain a lot of the wandering around the halls.  Eric wanted to find a way to destroy the building.  Having no luck with anything else he was looking for any other option that would present itself, and when none did and the car bombs didn't explode that was curtains.

That makes a lot of sense.
Back to top Go down
TaylorsMom

TaylorsMom

Contribution Points : 78292
Forum Reputation : 25

PostSubject: Re: Is this possible? Bombs and behavior   Is this possible?  Bombs and behavior Icon_minitimeFri Jul 28, 2017 11:31 pm

Thanks for bringing this topic up! I also often wonder if Eric and Dylan shot out the library windows one more time before ending it all to see if they could explode their car bombs? (If they had a view of them) I know it was reported that they were shooting at the rescue workers and police outside but I have a feeling it was to try and blow up one of their cars. After a few tries they decided to just quit.
Back to top Go down
TheSpiral

TheSpiral

Contribution Points : 75114
Forum Reputation : 63

PostSubject: Re: Is this possible? Bombs and behavior   Is this possible?  Bombs and behavior Icon_minitimeSat Jul 29, 2017 10:16 am

TaylorsMom wrote:
Thanks for bringing this topic up!  I also often wonder if Eric and Dylan shot out the library windows one more time before ending it all to see if they could explode their car bombs? (If they had a view of them)  I know it was reported that they were shooting at the rescue workers and police outside but I have a feeling it was to try and blow up one of their cars.  After a few tries they decided to just quit.

They stopped shooting right after the ambulances left.
They were shooting at them, not their cars.

Now everybody dancing, the dance of the dead
The dance of the dead, the dance of the dead
Back to top Go down
lasttrain

Contribution Points : 102438
Forum Reputation : 74

PostSubject: Re: Is this possible? Bombs and behavior   Is this possible?  Bombs and behavior Icon_minitimeThu Aug 03, 2017 10:24 am

The first post in the thread is dead-on.

I would take it a step further--the bombs justified the killing in the library. Witnesses report hearing Eric say, "We're going to blow up the school" and "We're all going to die anyway." He was basically saying "It's OK for me to shoot you because soon we're all going to get blown up."

It also shows that, even during the library shooting, he was still in denial about the bombs.
Back to top Go down
shades

shades

Contribution Points : 79986
Forum Reputation : 38

PostSubject: Re: Is this possible? Bombs and behavior   Is this possible?  Bombs and behavior Icon_minitimeThu Aug 03, 2017 1:28 pm

lasttrain wrote:
He was basically saying "It's OK for me to shoot you because soon we're all going to get blown up."

It also shows that, even during the library shooting, he was still in denial about the bombs.

that's so spot on, and so morbid and fucked up.

Did you guys think the whole time to Eric it was okay for him to execute somebody (plan b) because he thought everyone was going to die together by bombs?

Top 10 Contributor
sororityalpha

Contribution Points : 124324
Forum Reputation : 1001

PostSubject: Re: Is this possible? Bombs and behavior   Is this possible?  Bombs and behavior Icon_minitimeThu Aug 03, 2017 1:47 pm

Bombing/Shooting/Suicide was their plan...

The only things that failed them that day were their car/cafeteria bombs... and of course, they also failed at their desired kill count!

Back to top Go down
shades

shades

Contribution Points : 79986
Forum Reputation : 38

PostSubject: Re: Is this possible? Bombs and behavior   Is this possible?  Bombs and behavior Icon_minitimeThu Aug 03, 2017 1:59 pm

This goes back to something possibly mentioned long ago that if people knew, Columbine wasn't even supposed to be a mass shooting it was supposed to be a bombing.

silentprocess

PostSubject: Re: Is this possible? Bombs and behavior   Is this possible?  Bombs and behavior Icon_minitimeThu Aug 03, 2017 2:04 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] very good point! That actually solidifies my train of thought on this particular matter. Eric did say they were going to blow up the school anyway, this could also explain why it wasn't particularly important to Eric to kill everyone in the library. Perhaps he blew off some steam by killing and then after getting tired of it and always thinking about the bombs decided to stop and go down and blow up the bombs, school and them with it.

Contribution Points : 102438
Forum Reputation : 74

PostSubject: Re: Is this possible? Bombs and behavior   Is this possible?  Bombs and behavior Icon_minitimeThu Aug 31, 2017 11:55 pm

shades wrote:
lasttrain wrote:
He was basically saying "It's OK for me to shoot you because soon we're all going to get blown up."

that's so spot on, and so morbid and fucked up.

Did you guys think the whole time to Eric it was okay for him to execute somebody (plan b) because he thought everyone was going to die together by bombs?

I think people were screaming and begging for their lives and he felt some weird need to justify what he was doing. Like, "what are you screaming for? I'm going to die too, and so is everyone in here."

Like trying to justify it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Is this possible? Bombs and behavior   Is this possible?  Bombs and behavior Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Is this possible? Bombs and behavior
Page 1 of 1