Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

E&D's suicides.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage

E&D's suicides.  Empty
PostSubject: E&D's suicides.    E&D's suicides.  Icon_minitimeSun Sep 24, 2017 12:33 pm

We all know there have been several theories about E&D's suicides. A lot of people used to think that Eric had killed Dylan. Evidence has debunked that one. They had planned Columbine for a long time, their own deaths were always part of the plan.

Does anyone here think Eric or Dylan would have shot the other if they could not go though with their own suicide after the rampage was over?
Back to top Go down
TheSpiral

TheSpiral

Contribution Points : 74114
Forum Reputation : 63

E&D's suicides.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: E&D's suicides.    E&D's suicides.  Icon_minitimeSun Sep 24, 2017 2:02 pm

I don't think so.
If anything if one survived, he would have carried on the legacy and we would have had some interesting interviews.
It would be fascinating to hear from them in court following the shooting.

Now everybody dancing, the dance of the dead
The dance of the dead, the dance of the dead
Back to top Go down
1Mare1

1Mare1

Contribution Points : 60819
Forum Reputation : 10

E&D's suicides.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: E&D's suicides.    E&D's suicides.  Icon_minitimeSun Sep 24, 2017 2:10 pm

I think if one of them survived, the basement tapes would not have been destroyed, and we could have a chance to get interviews, too. On the other hand, if both of them survived, I don't think Columbine would have left such a big legacy it has today.
Back to top Go down

E&D's suicides.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: E&D's suicides.    E&D's suicides.  Icon_minitimeSun Sep 24, 2017 2:15 pm

I mean they had every intention of dying that day. Living was not an option. I don't know, I just wonder if one could have done it. If either would have shot the other as a last show of friendship, or to complete the plan.
Back to top Go down

E&D's suicides.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: E&D's suicides.    E&D's suicides.  Icon_minitimeSun Sep 24, 2017 2:21 pm

1Mare1 wrote:
I think if one of them survived, the basement tapes would not have been destroyed, and we could have a chance to get interviews, too. On the other hand, if both of them survived, I don't think Columbine would have left such a big legacy it has today.

I totally agree. If one or both had survived, then Columbine probably wouldn't have been as big a mystery as it is today. Mainly because they would be able to answer the questions that we are still trying to find 18 years later.
Back to top Go down
TheSpiral

TheSpiral

E&D's suicides.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: E&D's suicides.    E&D's suicides.  Icon_minitimeSun Sep 24, 2017 2:47 pm

Their deaths were a big part of it.
Had they not killed themselves, I think Columbine would have been forgotten pretty quickly.
It's the unanswered questions that draw people in.

Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Other Crimes Moderator & Top 10 Contributor
Screamingophelia

Contribution Points : 192899
Forum Reputation : 1317

E&D's suicides.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: E&D's suicides.    E&D's suicides.  Icon_minitimeSun Sep 24, 2017 3:54 pm

I imagine if one of them decided not to kill himself it would have been Eric. Dylan seemed like he was on a suicide mission.

TheSpiral

E&D's suicides.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: E&D's suicides.    E&D's suicides.  Icon_minitimeSun Sep 24, 2017 4:00 pm

Screamingophelia wrote:
I imagine if one of them decided not to kill himself it would have been Eric. Dylan seemed like he was on a suicide mission.

Yet Eric was the first to do it, without hesitation (I assume).

Back to top Go down
1Mare1

1Mare1

Contribution Points : 60819
Forum Reputation : 10

E&D's suicides.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: E&D's suicides.    E&D's suicides.  Icon_minitimeSun Sep 24, 2017 4:01 pm

Screamingophelia wrote:

Both wanted to kill and both wanted to die. I personally think Eric would have killed himself, Dylan didn't want to die alone.
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Other Crimes Moderator & Top 10 Contributor
Screamingophelia

Contribution Points : 192899
Forum Reputation : 1317

E&D's suicides.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: E&D's suicides.    E&D's suicides.  Icon_minitimeSun Sep 24, 2017 4:05 pm

Good point, if Dylan was okay with dying alone he may have killed himself long before they started planning NBK.

E&D's suicides.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: E&D's suicides.    E&D's suicides.  Icon_minitimeSun Sep 24, 2017 4:13 pm

I am just wondering if they ever discussed the possibility of one of them getting cold feet and trying to back out? I wonder if they had ever talked about it?
Back to top Go down
Lizpuff

Lizpuff

Contribution Points : 95424
Forum Reputation : 1190

E&D's suicides.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: E&D's suicides.    E&D's suicides.  Icon_minitimeMon Sep 25, 2017 8:29 am

I have always wondered about this. I think both were in for the suicide no matter what by the point they were at on 4/20 but what if one of them did not kill themselves....

I think had if Eric had not done it himself Dylan wouldn't have either. I think it would have confused him although Dylan might try to talk him into it.

I wonder what was going thru Dylan's brain in the moments after Eric died (if there were any). It always seemed to me that Eric just walked away from the windows, back to the corner, and shot himself. I am not sure if they said anything to each other but for some reason this always made me feel like it was almost a last second decision. I just wonder if Dylan looked over and saw Eric shoot himself. And what he thought at that moment.

E&D's suicides.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: E&D's suicides.    E&D's suicides.  Icon_minitimeMon Sep 25, 2017 9:32 am

Lizpuff wrote:
I have always wondered about this.  I think both were in for the suicide no matter what by the point they were at on 4/20 but what if one of them did not kill themselves....

I think had if Eric had not done it himself Dylan wouldn't have either.  I think it would have confused him although Dylan might try to talk him into it.

I wonder what was going thru Dylan's brain in the moments after Eric died (if there were any).  It always seemed to me that Eric just walked away from the windows, back to the corner, and shot himself.  I am not sure if they said anything to each other but for some reason this always made me feel like it was almost a last second decision.  I just wonder if Dylan looked over and saw Eric shoot himself.  And what he thought at that moment.

I have always wondered if Eric and Dylan exchanged any last words with each other as well. Also if they did talk to each other what was said.

I have a mixed view on it though. A part of me feels like they may have said something to each other before Eric committed suicide. As they seemed to have kept up a dialog during the massacre.

Then another part feels they were just so done with the situation, and the carnage around them that they didn't speak at all. Maybe they were beyond words at that point and simply nodded to each other in a 'It was nice to know you, but its time to die' way.

The only thing we have to go on is witness statements. But the majority of traumatized teens who were stuck in that library filled with alarms blaring, smoke, other victims, probably couldn't add 1+1 and get 2 at that time.

We all know that the witness reports are filled with inaccuracies. So we will likely never know if Eric and Dylan spoke to each other or not.
Back to top Go down
Lizpuff

Lizpuff

Contribution Points : 95424
Forum Reputation : 1190

E&D's suicides.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: E&D's suicides.    E&D's suicides.  Icon_minitimeMon Sep 25, 2017 9:48 am

ShadowedGoddess wrote:
Lizpuff wrote:
I have always wondered about this.  I think both were in for the suicide no matter what by the point they were at on 4/20 but what if one of them did not kill themselves....

I think had if Eric had not done it himself Dylan wouldn't have either.  I think it would have confused him although Dylan might try to talk him into it.

I wonder what was going thru Dylan's brain in the moments after Eric died (if there were any).  It always seemed to me that Eric just walked away from the windows, back to the corner, and shot himself.  I am not sure if they said anything to each other but for some reason this always made me feel like it was almost a last second decision.  I just wonder if Dylan looked over and saw Eric shoot himself.  And what he thought at that moment.

I have always wondered if Eric and Dylan exchanged any last words with each other as well. Also if they did talk to each other what was said.

I have a mixed view on it though. A part of me feels like they may have said something to each other before Eric committed suicide. As they seemed to have kept up a dialog during the massacre.

Then another part feels they were just so done with the situation, and the carnage around them that they didn't speak at all. Maybe they were beyond words at that point and simply nodded to each other in a 'It was nice to know you, but its time to die' way.

The only thing we have to go on is witness statements. But the majority of traumatized teens who were stuck in that library filled with alarms blaring, smoke, other victims, probably couldn't add 1+1 and get 2 at that time.

We all know that the witness reports are filled with inaccuracies. So we will likely never know if Eric and Dylan spoke to each other or not.

Yes. This is one thing I always come back to. If they said anything. they had a hand signal for suicide. And we know they were using hand signals that day (at least Eric was). But something tells me they didn't. Lisa K. has never said. Maybe because she couldn't hear/didn't know. I wish she would come forward

Sponsored content

E&D's suicides.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: E&D's suicides.    E&D's suicides.  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

E&D's suicides.
Page 1 of 1