Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Eric Borel

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
STK

STK

Contribution Points : 72994
Forum Reputation : 330

Eric Borel Empty
PostSubject: Eric Borel   Eric Borel Icon_minitimeMon Sep 25, 2017 12:04 am

Well guys, today's my birthday! Because of that, I though it would be prudent to bring up a rather obscure shooter from France;

Eric Borel

Éric Borel was a 16 year old spree killer from France, who killed 15 people and wounded 4 with his step father's .22 rifle. He began by killing his step-father by shooting him 4 times, and then bludgeoning him with a hammer. He then proceeded to repeat the process on his 11 year old half-brother. He waited for his mother to come home before shooting her once in the head. Unlike the others, she was not bludgeoned. He then packed a bag containing food, a map of the city of Limoges, and a rubber-bullets pistol. He then drove to the town of Cuers, arriving the next day.

Eric arrived at the home of his friend Alan, speaking briefly with him before killing him. He then began shooting people at random, killing 9 more people and wounding 6 more. 2 of these people would later succumb to their wounds. As it was hunting season, people were not suspicious of the rifle. Eric committed suicide by shooting himself in the forehead shortly after police arrived.

Borel had strained relationships with both his mother and step-father. His mother reportedly called him a "child of sin" and his stepfather was said to have regularly beat him (though his surviving sons dispute this). When Eric broke his arm at the age of 8 he had ran away and hid, until he was found shivering in pain.

"If opportunities for role fulfilment fall far short of the demand by those capable of filling roles, and having expectations to do so, only violence and disruption of social organization can follow. Individuals born under these circumstances will be so out of touch with reality as to be incapable even of alienation. Their most complex behaviors will become fragmented. Acquisition, creation and utilization of ideas appropriate for life in a post-industrial cultural-conceptual-technological society will have been blocked."
- John B. Calhoun

"If I died thirsty, it wouldn't matter for me if it rains ever again"
- Abu Firas al-Hamdani

Last edited by STK on Wed Jan 03, 2018 4:06 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
sscc

Contribution Points : 83307
Forum Reputation : 598

Eric Borel Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eric Borel   Eric Borel Icon_minitimeMon Sep 25, 2017 1:58 am

Happy birthday [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]. Smile
Back to top Go down
STK

STK

Eric Borel Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eric Borel   Eric Borel Icon_minitimeMon Sep 25, 2017 2:27 am

sscc wrote:
Happy birthday [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]. Smile
Thanks [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]! Smile

"If opportunities for role fulfilment fall far short of the demand by those capable of filling roles, and having expectations to do so, only violence and disruption of social organization can follow. Individuals born under these circumstances will be so out of touch with reality as to be incapable even of alienation. Their most complex behaviors will become fragmented. Acquisition, creation and utilization of ideas appropriate for life in a post-industrial cultural-conceptual-technological society will have been blocked."
- John B. Calhoun

- Abu Firas al-Hamdani
Back to top Go down
Guest83142

Contribution Points : 70348
Forum Reputation : 163

Eric Borel Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eric Borel   Eric Borel Icon_minitimeMon Sep 25, 2017 1:08 pm

Last edited by Guest83142 on Wed Jul 05, 2023 6:58 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
InsaneIntruder

InsaneIntruder

Contribution Points : 85853
Forum Reputation : 340

Eric Borel Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eric Borel   Eric Borel Icon_minitimeMon Sep 25, 2017 2:55 pm

I find Eric Borel interesting, along with pretty much any shooter from a country with fairly strict gun laws.
Considering he was a mass murderer, I guess he really was a "child of sin", or he at least became one after a while.
Back to top Go down

Eric Borel Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eric Borel   Eric Borel Icon_minitimeMon Sep 25, 2017 3:38 pm

Surprised it didn't get more attention at the time, like this was before Columbine, but it should've made Headline news.
Back to top Go down
Guest83142

Contribution Points : 70348
Forum Reputation : 163

Eric Borel Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eric Borel   Eric Borel Icon_minitimeMon Sep 25, 2017 4:45 pm

Last edited by Guest83142 on Wed Jul 05, 2023 6:58 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
STK

STK

Eric Borel Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eric Borel   Eric Borel Icon_minitimeMon Sep 25, 2017 8:59 pm

InsaneIntruder wrote:
Considering he was a mass murderer, I guess he really was a "child of sin", or he at least became one after a while.
Nature vs. Nurture, basically.

- John B. Calhoun

- Abu Firas al-Hamdani
Back to top Go down

Eric Borel Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eric Borel   Eric Borel Icon_minitimeFri Dec 15, 2017 5:11 am

STK wrote:
Well guys, today's my birthday! Because of that, I though It would be prudent to bring up a rather obscure shooter from France;

Eric Borel

Éric Borel was a 16 year old spree killer from France, who killed 15 people and wounded 4 with his step father's .22 rifle. He began by killing his step-father by shooting him 4 times, and then bludgeoning him with a hammer. He then proceeded to repeat the process on his 11 year old half-brother. He waited for his mother to come home before shooting her once in the head. Unlike the others, she was not bludgeoned. He then packed a bag containing food, a map of the city of Limo ges, and a rubber-bullets pistol. He then drove to the town of Cuers, arriving the next day.

Eric arrived at the home of his friend Alan, speaking briefly with him before killing him. He then began shooting people at random, killing 9 more people and wounding 6 more. 2 of these people would later succumb to their wounds. As it was hunting season, people were not suspicious of the rifle.Eric committed suicide by shooting himself in the forehead shortly after police arrived.

Borel had strained relationships with both his mother and step-father. His mother reportedly called him a "child of sin" and his stepfather was said to have regularly beat him (though his surviving sons dispute this). When Eric broke his arm at the age of 8 he had ran away and hid, until he was found shivering in pain.

Wow, other people know about one of my favorite cases.
Back to top Go down

Eric Borel Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eric Borel   Eric Borel Icon_minitimeFri Dec 27, 2019 9:49 pm

It's kinda sad IMO how this case is basically forgotten, especially when it comes to teenage mass shooters because this guy is one of my favorites
Back to top Go down
Kinkeloukaitis

Kinkeloukaitis

Contribution Points : 43980
Forum Reputation : 102

Eric Borel Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eric Borel   Eric Borel Icon_minitimeMon Mar 30, 2020 5:39 pm

I know some things about him. He's French like me, and not long ago a book was published about the murders he committed. This book is called "8 Kilometers" (8 Kilomètres in French) by author "Bruno Masi". "I think he's my favorite shooter. (I think Adam Lanza know this case)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Eric Borel Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eric Borel   Eric Borel Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Eric Borel
Page 1 of 1