Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Bad taste advertising on movie

Go down 
+4
cultofdreams
STK
TheSpiral
spidEr
8 posters
AuthorMessage
spidEr

spidEr

Contribution Points : 69376
Forum Reputation : 145

Bad taste advertising on movie Empty
PostSubject: Bad taste advertising on movie   Bad taste advertising on movie Icon_minitimeMon Nov 13, 2017 1:35 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

In Germany this movie is advertised with the name of the school on the front. Only in Germany could they get away with something like this.
Back to top Go down
TheSpiral

TheSpiral

Contribution Points : 74664
Forum Reputation : 63

PostSubject: Re: Bad taste advertising on movie   Bad taste advertising on movie Icon_minitimeMon Nov 13, 2017 4:54 pm

I want to know more about this movie.

Now everybody dancing, the dance of the dead
The dance of the dead, the dance of the dead
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bad taste advertising on movie   Bad taste advertising on movie Icon_minitimeMon Nov 13, 2017 5:13 pm

we had bowling for columbine
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bad taste advertising on movie   Bad taste advertising on movie Icon_minitimeMon Nov 13, 2017 5:24 pm

-warrior wrote:
we had bowling for columbine

LOL
Back to top Go down
STK

STK

Contribution Points : 72769
Forum Reputation : 330

PostSubject: Re: Bad taste advertising on movie   Bad taste advertising on movie Icon_minitimeMon Nov 13, 2017 5:34 pm

I don't really find featuring the actual school name very shocking, at least when it comes to documentarys.

"If opportunities for role fulfilment fall far short of the demand by those capable of filling roles, and having expectations to do so, only violence and disruption of social organization can follow. Individuals born under these circumstances will be so out of touch with reality as to be incapable even of alienation. Their most complex behaviors will become fragmented. Acquisition, creation and utilization of ideas appropriate for life in a post-industrial cultural-conceptual-technological society will have been blocked."
- John B. Calhoun

"If I died thirsty, it wouldn't matter for me if it rains ever again"
- Abu Firas al-Hamdani
Back to top Go down
cultofdreams

cultofdreams

Contribution Points : 67565
Forum Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: Bad taste advertising on movie   Bad taste advertising on movie Icon_minitimeTue Nov 14, 2017 12:49 am

TheSpiral wrote:
I want to know more about this movie.
It's "April Showers" (2009) AKA "Amok - Columbine School Massacre" AKA "The Darkest Day - Story of a Tragedy"
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Other Crimes Moderator & Top 10 Contributor
Screamingophelia

Contribution Points : 193506
Forum Reputation : 1317

PostSubject: Re: Bad taste advertising on movie   Bad taste advertising on movie Icon_minitimeTue Nov 14, 2017 12:59 am

April Showers was written and I believe directed by someone who survived Columbine

spidEr

Contribution Points : 69376
Forum Reputation : 145

PostSubject: Re: Bad taste advertising on movie   Bad taste advertising on movie Icon_minitimeTue Nov 14, 2017 2:34 pm

I know but "COLUMBINE HIGH SCHOOL" written on the front with dead kids. They could never advertise it like this in America.
Back to top Go down
Wumselito

Wumselito

Contribution Points : 64474

PostSubject: Re: Bad taste advertising on movie   Bad taste advertising on movie Icon_minitimeWed Nov 15, 2017 12:52 am

Maybe because Columbine happened quite a while back now in the US so it feels less personal? Like, there's no one here who was personally affected by Columbine (or who knows someone who knows someone...) so no one to complain?
I guess they wouldn't write "Erfurt" or "Winnenden" on it.
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: Bad taste advertising on movie   Bad taste advertising on movie Icon_minitimeWed Nov 15, 2017 1:28 pm

That's a good point. Not even a year after 9/11 I was in London studying and we saw a play done at a small independent theatre about 9/11. We were in shock.

InsaneIntruder

Contribution Points : 85628
Forum Reputation : 340

PostSubject: Re: Bad taste advertising on movie   Bad taste advertising on movie Icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2018 12:40 pm

Well that makes things easier. I was going to buy this off German amazon but now I know it's April Showers so I don't need to get it that way. Kinda was hoping it was going to actually be about Columbine though.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bad taste advertising on movie   Bad taste advertising on movie Icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2018 6:47 pm

It's impressive to see how the advertising of a movie is different depending on the country.

In the US it looks like a romance (in the context of the afterwards of the shooting) whereas in Germany it seems to be a shocking and gore movie about the shooting itself.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
rayybayy444

rayybayy444

Contribution Points : 55665

PostSubject: Re: Bad taste advertising on movie   Bad taste advertising on movie Icon_minitimeSun Dec 16, 2018 8:50 pm

I watched April Showers and I personally think it was a really dumb movie that no where near reflected the actual events of Columbine. It was just a weird school shooting movie.. which made me wonder if it was actually based from a survivors perspective because if it was either, they went a totally different direction with that film or the person probably wasn't an actual survivor of Columbine. Just my opinion tho...

Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: Bad taste advertising on movie   Bad taste advertising on movie Icon_minitimeSun Dec 16, 2018 10:28 pm

Hence why I’m fact checking the crap out of my survivor story. I want it realistic

rayybayy444

Contribution Points : 55665

PostSubject: Re: Bad taste advertising on movie   Bad taste advertising on movie Icon_minitimeMon Dec 17, 2018 12:07 am

I totally agree!

PostSubject: Re: Bad taste advertising on movie   Bad taste advertising on movie Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bad taste advertising on movie
Page 1 of 1