Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Did Eric like the taste of alcohol?

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Did Eric like the taste of alcohol?  Empty
PostSubject: Did Eric like the taste of alcohol?    Did Eric like the taste of alcohol?  Icon_minitimeTue Dec 03, 2013 8:44 pm

Remember how in the Basement Tapes he took a sip and made a face? Did he like the taste of alcohol?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Did Eric like the taste of alcohol?    Did Eric like the taste of alcohol?  Icon_minitimeTue Dec 03, 2013 11:42 pm

Well I remember reading that on the transcripts. I also remember reading in his journal (I believe) that he didn't like the taste, but having it around was cool. Also he said he would never drink and drive.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Did Eric like the taste of alcohol?    Did Eric like the taste of alcohol?  Icon_minitimeWed Dec 04, 2013 12:05 pm

I don't think he did. He wrote in his journal that drinking wasn't "his thing" and he talks about giving his stashed booze to Dylan. My feeling is that Eric was pretty much a sober guy. Wonder if the same is true for Wayne Harris?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Did Eric like the taste of alcohol?    Did Eric like the taste of alcohol?  Icon_minitimeWed Dec 04, 2013 12:19 pm

If anything, I think he was a 'social drinker'.. I don't think he liked the taste (or its effects, hmm, I must ponder this) but was okay with having one or two drinks in a social setting with friends. Smile Have the sense that he was the responsible one in this area of his life, which may have been instilled in him through his family.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Did Eric like the taste of alcohol?    Did Eric like the taste of alcohol?  Icon_minitimeWed Dec 04, 2013 12:28 pm

I think he liked the rebel aspect of doing something "illegal" but didn't like the taste or impact of alcohol. His journal reads: "I bought that flask in the mall and I had a friend fill it up w/ scotch whiskey, only had about 3 swigs in the 3 weeks I had it. plus monday I gave my T and IC to Vodka, just in case. I never really did like alcohol, just wasn't my thing, but It felt good to just have around..."

Three swigs in three weeks pretty much says it all. As does Eric saying it "felt good" to keep alcohol around just for the rebellious thrill of having it.
Back to top Go down
Jenn
Forum & Discord Server Owner
Jenn

Contribution Points : 118908
Forum Reputation : 1004

PostSubject: Re: Did Eric like the taste of alcohol?    Did Eric like the taste of alcohol?  Icon_minitimeWed Dec 04, 2013 7:43 pm

Ivan wrote:
Remember how in the Basement Tapes he took a sip and made a face? Did he like the taste of alcohol?
You're funny.Very Happy 

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Did Eric like the taste of alcohol?    Did Eric like the taste of alcohol?  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Did Eric like the taste of alcohol?
Page 1 of 1