Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Dave Cullen disses Columbiners

Go down 
+11
Jenna horse
MellonCollie
Lunkhead McGrath
Tracy
W.A.R.
sscc
Littlelo
QuestionMark
spidEr
Screamingophelia
LPorter101
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
LPorter101
Top 10 Contributor
LPorter101

Contribution Points : 150640
Forum Reputation : 2754

cullen - Dave Cullen disses Columbiners Empty
PostSubject: Dave Cullen disses Columbiners   cullen - Dave Cullen disses Columbiners Icon_minitimeTue Nov 21, 2017 11:33 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Quote :
Journalist Dave Cullen, author of Columbine, said the shooting has attracted a significant online fanbase over the past half decade.

“The huge chunk of them are just kids trying to look cool,” Cullen told The Daily Beast. “They’re all trying to impress these other strangers with how cool they are, even though I don’t think most of them are even into killers that much.”

But among the Columbine fans and the true crime aficionados are “a small subset of people who I think actually do want to do something like Columbine. It’s a tiny, tiny fraction buried at the bottom of this haystack.”

I don't think of myself as a "Columbiner" - not anymore, anyway - but I can assure everyone that Dave Cullen knows fuck-all about me and/or my motivations for wanting to learn about the massacre.

When I want your opinion of me, Dave, I'll ask for it. Until then, you know what you can do with it.

PostSubject: Re: Dave Cullen disses Columbiners   cullen - Dave Cullen disses Columbiners Icon_minitimeTue Nov 21, 2017 11:39 am

ok

Last edited by -warrior on Tue Nov 21, 2017 3:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
LPorter101
Top 10 Contributor
LPorter101

PostSubject: Re: Dave Cullen disses Columbiners   cullen - Dave Cullen disses Columbiners Icon_minitimeTue Nov 21, 2017 11:44 am

This, boys and girls, is what we call projection:

Quote :
Cullen said a number of Columbine fans have come to admire Klebold in particular. “It’s a very powerful thing, this mythology. People think ‘Klebold was like me, he was tormented, and he struck back.’ He became the folk hero,” Cullen said. “That’s the power and the danger of people mythologizing these guys and seeing them heroically.”

Yes, Dave, we've known all along that you have a hard-on for Dylan. Thanks for confirming it, though.

downwardspiral, mincenz0 and starswillstillshine like this post

Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Other Crimes Moderator & Top 10 Contributor
Screamingophelia

Contribution Points : 193232
Forum Reputation : 1317

PostSubject: Re: Dave Cullen disses Columbiners   cullen - Dave Cullen disses Columbiners Icon_minitimeTue Nov 21, 2017 11:57 am

Cullen is the ultimate Dylan apologist.

I've encountered every iteration of people interested in Columbine ... 99% mean well

starswillstillshine likes this post

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dave Cullen disses Columbiners   cullen - Dave Cullen disses Columbiners Icon_minitimeTue Nov 21, 2017 1:06 pm

LPorter101 wrote:

Quote :
Cullen said a number of Columbine fans have come to admire Klebold in particular. “It’s a very powerful thing, this mythology. People think ‘Klebold was like me, he was tormented, and he struck back.’ He became the folk hero,” Cullen said. “That’s the power and the danger of people mythologizing these guys and seeing them heroically.”

Yes, Dave, we've known all along that you have a hard-on for Dylan. Thanks for confirming it, though.

I'll just leave this here! Haha

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
spidEr

spidEr

Contribution Points : 69576
Forum Reputation : 145

PostSubject: Re: Dave Cullen disses Columbiners   cullen - Dave Cullen disses Columbiners Icon_minitimeTue Nov 21, 2017 1:49 pm

I actually agree with him. I hate the term Columbiner, and those kids actually make the real research community look like a joke. When I see these tumblr pages or memes or the "shit columbiners say" video on youtube, it really makes me stay even more quiet about being interested in this topic.
Back to top Go down
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark

Contribution Points : 120378
Forum Reputation : 3191

PostSubject: Re: Dave Cullen disses Columbiners   cullen - Dave Cullen disses Columbiners Icon_minitimeTue Nov 21, 2017 3:34 pm

LPorter101 wrote:

Quote :
Journalist Dave Cullen, author of Columbine, said the shooting has attracted a significant online fanbase over the past half decade.

“The huge chunk of them are just kids trying to look cool,” Cullen told The Daily Beast. “They’re all trying to impress these other strangers with how cool they are, even though I don’t think most of them are even into killers that much.”

But among the Columbine fans and the true crime aficionados are “a small subset of people who I think actually do want to do something like Columbine. It’s a tiny, tiny fraction buried at the bottom of this haystack.”

I don't think of myself as a "Columbiner" - not anymore, anyway - but I can assure everyone that Dave Cullen knows fuck-all about me and/or my motivations for wanting to learn about the massacre.

When I want your opinion of me, Dave, I'll ask for it. Until then, you know what you can do with it.

You are making your hate for Cullen way too personal. I suggest you take a few steps back from the computer, think about things rationally, and come back less angry at a man who literally doesn't know or care about you.

LPorter101
Top 10 Contributor
LPorter101

PostSubject: Re: Dave Cullen disses Columbiners   cullen - Dave Cullen disses Columbiners Icon_minitimeTue Nov 21, 2017 4:03 pm

QuestionMark wrote:
LPorter101 wrote:

Quote :

You are making your hate for Cullen way too personal. I suggest you take a few steps back from the computer, think about things rationally, and come back less angry at a man who literally doesn't know or care about you.

Thank you for the unsolicited advice.

I've conversed with Cullen a few times over the years. Not extensively, and not recently, but to say that I have never had *any* direct contact with him is wholly inaccurate. Whether he knows or cares about me is immaterial.

This guy has the media-infotainment apparatus shilling for him every minute of every day. He markets himself as The World's Foremost Authority on Columbine(R). He has an extensive presence on social media. (He once tweeted "Columbine for Christmas!", as if his schlocky tome were the perfect Yuletide stocking stuffer.) Every time there's a mass shooting, he pops up on CNN, giving his Expert Analysis(TM). He's a public figure - by choice. If he can't stand to be criticized, then he should go home and hide under his bed.

Cullen once promised me that he would answer questions on a predecessor of this board. He never kept that promise, evidently because he didn't think he could handle it. This guy is only too happy to respond to folks online who kiss his ass, but he can't deal with those who have a few bones to pick with him. I have absolutely no respect for someone who can't stand on the strength of his own convictions.

Let me repeat, for emphasis, that this guy is a reprehensible hack who exploited an American tragedy for his own personal gain. Yes, others have written books about Columbine, but he's the only one who's made it his whole moneymaking shtick. (Even the Browns, as annoying as they can be, aren't motivated totally by greed.)

I don't hate anyone, but I sure as hell don't like or respect Cullen. I see no reason to pretend that I do.

isabellaaa likes this post

Back to top Go down
Littlelo

Littlelo

Contribution Points : 66503
Forum Reputation : 90

PostSubject: Re: Dave Cullen disses Columbiners   cullen - Dave Cullen disses Columbiners Icon_minitimeTue Nov 21, 2017 4:16 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] I agree with you about Cullen.. And I don't believe the Browns are motivated 100% by greed. I think they genuinely want to bring information to light that may otherwise be overlooked. They are a tad obsessive, however. But hey....I'm writing on a Columbine forum, can I really talk?

No one here really respects Cullen, say what you feel.
Back to top Go down
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark

PostSubject: Re: Dave Cullen disses Columbiners   cullen - Dave Cullen disses Columbiners Icon_minitimeTue Nov 21, 2017 4:42 pm

LPorter101 wrote:

Your welcome.

Quote :
I've conversed with Cullen a few times over the years. Not extensively, and not recently, but to say that I have never had *any* direct contact with him is wholly inaccurate. Whether he knows or cares about me is immaterial.

This guy has the media-infotainment apparatus shilling for him every minute of every day. He markets himself as The World's Foremost Authority on Columbine(R). He has an extensive presence on social media. (He once tweeted "Columbine for Christmas!", as if his schlocky tome were the perfect Yuletide stocking stuffer.) Every time there's a mass shooting, he pops up on CNN, giving his Expert Analysis(TM). He's a public figure - by choice. If he can't stand to be criticized, then he should go home and hide under his bed.

Cullen once promised me that he would answer questions on a predecessor of this board. He never kept that promise, evidently because he didn't think he could handle it. This guy is only too happy to respond to folks online who kiss his ass, but he can't deal with those who have a few bones to pick with him. I have absolutely no respect for someone who can't stand on the strength of his own convictions.

Let me repeat, for emphasis, that this guy is a reprehensible hack who exploited an American tragedy for his own personal gain. Yes, others have written books about Columbine, but he's the only one who's made it his whole moneymaking shtick. (Even the Browns, as annoying as they can be, aren't motivated totally by greed.)

I don't hate anyone, but I sure as hell don't like or respect Cullen. I see no reason to pretend that I do.

None of that has to do with what I'm talking about. You are wasting your time screeching at someone who's not going to listen or care. You're wasting your time in a one-sided feud. You need to grow up and move on.

LPorter101
Top 10 Contributor
LPorter101

PostSubject: Re: Dave Cullen disses Columbiners   cullen - Dave Cullen disses Columbiners Icon_minitimeTue Nov 21, 2017 5:19 pm

QuestionMark wrote:
LPorter101 wrote:

Your welcome.

Quote :

None of that has to do with what I'm talking about. You are wasting your time screeching at someone who's not going to listen or care. You're wasting your time in a one-sided feud. You need to grow up and move on.

As I said before, even if I were the only man alive - or even the only man in the history of the multiverse, the only man in all of creation - who disagreed with Cullen, I would not let up on him one iota.

A just cause is always worth fighting for, even if you're probably going to lose. Besides, it's fun. Very Happy

Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark

PostSubject: Re: Dave Cullen disses Columbiners   cullen - Dave Cullen disses Columbiners Icon_minitimeTue Nov 21, 2017 5:39 pm

LPorter101 wrote:
As I said before, even if I were the only man alive - or even the only man in the history of the multiverse, the only man in all of creation - who disagreed with Cullen, I would not let up on him one iota.

I'm not telling you to stop disagreeing with Cullen, it just seems to me you like to insult and disparage him when he couldn't really give a shit. It just seems like a big waste of time.

Quote :
A just cause is always worth fighting for, even if you're probably going to lose.

I can think of causes much more worthy to be fighting for than "making sure everyone knows Cullen wrote a poorly researched book on a crime 90% of Americans couldn't care less about".

Quote :
Besides, it's fun. Very Happy

I feel bad for you if you consider this to be fun.

LPorter101
Top 10 Contributor
LPorter101

PostSubject: Re: Dave Cullen disses Columbiners   cullen - Dave Cullen disses Columbiners Icon_minitimeTue Nov 21, 2017 5:51 pm

QuestionMark wrote:
LPorter101 wrote:

I'm not telling you to stop disagreeing with Cullen, it just seems to me you like to insult and disparage him when he couldn't really give a shit. It just seems like a big waste of time.

It's my time to waste. Very Happy

Quote :
Quote :
A just cause is always worth fighting for, even if you're probably going to lose.

I can think of causes much more worthy to be fighting for than "making sure everyone knows Cullen wrote a poorly researched book on a crime 90% of Americans couldn't care less about".

Well, yeah. Ending hunger, curing cancer, and colonizing Alpha Centauri would be a better use of my time. Hell, selling crack would be a better use of my time - not to mention a hell of a lot more lucrative.

Truthfully, I should write a book debunking Cullenbine. I should call it Cullenoscopy: How the Truth Got Jacked in the Ass.

Quote :
Quote :
Besides, it's fun. Very Happy

I feel bad for you if you consider this to be fun.

Spoken like a true killjoy.

Now, in all honesty, let me say that continuing this particular discussion would be a definite waste of time. You've had your say and I've had mine.

Maybe one day, on my deathbed, I'll look back on my life and say, "Oh, if only I had spent less time whacking the Cullen piñata! I was such a fool! Shame! Shame!"

I concede that such a scenario is indeed possible. But I highly doubt that I'll give the flightiest of fucks at that point.[/quote]

Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark

PostSubject: Re: Dave Cullen disses Columbiners   cullen - Dave Cullen disses Columbiners Icon_minitimeTue Nov 21, 2017 6:02 pm

LPorter101 wrote:
It's my time to waste. Very Happy

You are right; it just boggles my mind as to why you'd dedicate so much of your time to such a trivial thing.

Quote :
Truthfully, I should write a book debunking Cullenbine. I should call it Cullenoscopy: How the Truth Got Jacked in the Ass.

Go for it. At least then you might get something out of this fixation you have with Cullen and his book. Right now you've got nothing to show for it.

Quote :
Now, in all honesty, let me say that continuing this particular discussion would be a definite waste of time.

If you're not going to listen to me and will instead continue to pursue this crusade against Cullen, then yeah, I agree. This has been a massive waste of my time.

Have fun being the Anthony LoGatto to Cullen's Christian Weston Chandler.

sscc

Contribution Points : 83282
Forum Reputation : 598

PostSubject: Re: Dave Cullen disses Columbiners   cullen - Dave Cullen disses Columbiners Icon_minitimeTue Nov 21, 2017 6:29 pm

QuestionMark wrote:
a crime 90% of Americans couldn't care less about
Hm. Imagine a world where 1 out of 10 Americans are Columbiners. Better or worse than our current reality?
Back to top Go down
W.A.R.

Contribution Points : 70323
Forum Reputation : 345

PostSubject: Re: Dave Cullen disses Columbiners   cullen - Dave Cullen disses Columbiners Icon_minitimeTue Nov 21, 2017 6:44 pm

LPorter101 wrote:

Do It.
Back to top Go down
LPorter101
Top 10 Contributor
LPorter101

PostSubject: Re: Dave Cullen disses Columbiners   cullen - Dave Cullen disses Columbiners Icon_minitimeTue Nov 21, 2017 6:45 pm

sscc wrote:
QuestionMark wrote:
Hm. Imagine a world where 1 out of 10 Americans are Columbiners. Better or worse than our current reality?

It depends on what kind of Columbiners they are.

If they're like Adam Lanza, then that's not so good.

Top 10 Contributor
LPorter101

PostSubject: Re: Dave Cullen disses Columbiners   cullen - Dave Cullen disses Columbiners Icon_minitimeTue Nov 21, 2017 7:06 pm

Quote :
You are right; it just boggles my mind as to why you'd dedicate so much of your time to such a trivial thing.

There are grown men who devote their lives to memorizing arcane trivia about Star Wars, or Lord of the Rings, or Star Trek, or anime, or whatever.

I take a little time out of my day to puncture a pathetic blowhard's balloon of self-importance, and suddenly I'm throwing my life away.

It's not as if I spend hours slaving over these posts. I crap them out and tweak them a little. They roll right off the top of my head, for the most part.
Back to top Go down
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark

PostSubject: Re: Dave Cullen disses Columbiners   cullen - Dave Cullen disses Columbiners Icon_minitimeTue Nov 21, 2017 7:22 pm

LPorter101 wrote:
Quote :

There are grown men who devote their lives to memorizing arcane trivia about Star Wars, or Lord of the Rings, or Star Trek, or anime, or whatever.

1. And I find that they are wasting their time needlessly as well, but at least they have a hobby that isn't dedicated to taking the piss out of some dumb writer no-one cares about.
2. Don't deflect from your own behavior. Just because some other person has a trivial hobby does not validate your own.

Quote :
I take a little time out of my day to puncture a pathetic blowhard's balloon of self-importance, and suddenly I'm throwing my life away.

I said it was a waste of time, not that you were throwing your life away. Don't put words in my mouth.

Quote :
It's not as if I spend hours slaving over these posts. I crap them out and tweak them a little. They roll right off the top of my head, for the most part.

Perhaps it's just me and my autism, but you seem to be pretty passionate about what you say, and put quite a bit of thought into what goes into your posts.

Last edited by QuestionMark on Tue Nov 21, 2017 11:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
sscc

PostSubject: Re: Dave Cullen disses Columbiners   cullen - Dave Cullen disses Columbiners Icon_minitimeTue Nov 21, 2017 9:28 pm

LPorter101 wrote:
sscc wrote:
QuestionMark wrote:

It depends on what kind of Columbiners they are.

If they're like Adam Lanza, then that's not so good.
I wouldn't call Adam Lanza a Columbiner but I guess it depends on how you define it.
Back to top Go down
Tracy

Contribution Points : 60484
Forum Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: Dave Cullen disses Columbiners   cullen - Dave Cullen disses Columbiners Icon_minitimeWed Nov 22, 2017 12:45 am

LPorter101 wrote:
Indeed.

He romanticizes them just as much if not more than a typical "Columbiner". He has to. It keeps food on his table. There have always been several false narratives intersecting throughout the Columbine story...and he's responsible for a hefty portion of it.

The best thing to do is to ignore this guy. I am not a regular on any Columbine communities. While I do find the story fascinating, I only dive into it every few years. The last thing I look for when doing so are any statements from Cullen.

Quote :

Cullen once promised me that he would answer questions on a predecessor of this board. He never kept that promise,
I highly doubt that he would ever keep such a promise. The false narratives(including those Cullen is responsible for) have to be propped up at all costs. They will not allow anyone to take any serious cracks at exposing them on a mainstream level. If a serious attempt was made at tearing down things such as the projected images of Eric and Dylan(especially Eric as the 'ladies man'), the false martyr narratives of Rachel and Cassie, etc., it would expose several buried layers, get us a bit closer to the truth, and there's too much invested in the official narrative for anyone(Cullen, survivors, victims families, LE, etc.) to allow that to happen.

THis is the main reason that they will keep the case files, basement tapes, etc. hidden for a long time...forever if possible. If the entire case was placed on front street for all to see, its not going to match with the official story that has been pushed for 18 years and counting.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dave Cullen disses Columbiners   cullen - Dave Cullen disses Columbiners Icon_minitimeWed Nov 22, 2017 5:22 am

W.A.R. wrote:
LPorter101 wrote:

Do It.

AGREED!  Write it! [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] But for the love of everything Holy in this world PLEASE keep that exact title! Reading Haha
Back to top Go down
W.A.R.

PostSubject: Re: Dave Cullen disses Columbiners   cullen - Dave Cullen disses Columbiners Icon_minitimeWed Nov 22, 2017 9:23 am

I remember reading that Eric got "lots of chicks" and he '"scored more than the football team" which is comically unture

I thought how could someone get away with writing pure lies like this?
Back to top Go down
Littlelo

Littlelo

PostSubject: Re: Dave Cullen disses Columbiners   cullen - Dave Cullen disses Columbiners Icon_minitimeWed Nov 22, 2017 9:28 am

When people don't question your authority as the "ultimate Columbine historian" it's easy to get away with saying blatant lies. Most people won't question it because they haven't taken the time to do their own research.

Luckily that's what we're here for!
Back to top Go down
W.A.R.

PostSubject: Re: Dave Cullen disses Columbiners   cullen - Dave Cullen disses Columbiners Icon_minitimeWed Nov 22, 2017 9:30 am

Oh i can't forget this hilarious segment

"Eric pulled into the parking lot at 11:10, several minutes behind schedule. A couple of girls spotted his car as they headed out for lunch. They honked and waved. They liked him. Eric waved back and smiled. Dylan followed him in. No waves."

LOL Cullen just made up shit
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dave Cullen disses Columbiners   cullen - Dave Cullen disses Columbiners Icon_minitimeWed Nov 22, 2017 9:55 am

W.A.R. wrote:
Oh i can't forget this hilarious segment

"Eric pulled into the parking lot at 11:10, several minutes behind schedule. A couple of girls spotted his car as they headed out for lunch. They honked and waved. They liked him. Eric waved back and smiled. Dylan followed him in. No waves."

LOL Cullen just made up shit

Cullen did seem to add things for dramatic effect. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark

PostSubject: Re: Dave Cullen disses Columbiners   cullen - Dave Cullen disses Columbiners Icon_minitimeWed Nov 22, 2017 8:30 pm

Tracy wrote:
THis is the main reason that they will keep the case files, basement tapes, etc. hidden for a long time...forever if possible. If the entire case was placed on front street for all to see, its not going to match with the official story that has been pushed for 18 years and counting.

If the entire case were put on display for everyone to see, most people would shrug it off or not look at it in the first place.

You are overestimating the interest the general public still has in Columbine by a great deal. We are the few who still care.

PostSubject: Re: Dave Cullen disses Columbiners   cullen - Dave Cullen disses Columbiners Icon_minitimeWed Nov 22, 2017 8:38 pm

QuestionMark wrote:
Tracy wrote:

If the entire case were put on display for everyone to see, most people would shrug it off or not look at it in the first place.

You are overestimating the interest the general public still has in Columbine by a great deal. We are the few who still care.

they dont want copycats..like staircase
Back to top Go down
Lunkhead McGrath

Contribution Points : 76136
Forum Reputation : 225

PostSubject: Re: Dave Cullen disses Columbiners   cullen - Dave Cullen disses Columbiners Icon_minitimeWed Nov 22, 2017 9:26 pm

>This guy has the media-infotainment apparatus shilling for him every minute of every day.

Geez, uh, every minute of every day? Is he really this much of a superstar? I thought it was Trump I had to hear about every minute of every day and at least most people hate him! (I wish it would take him down already though)

Also the Cassie martyr narrative (I think I'm talking to "Tracy") HAS been torn down.

I'm surprised you guys would take Cullen down over *this* particular bit, the bit we're accusing of being "projecting." Cullen's right--there, uhm, ARE quite a few creeps on the Internet who admire Dylan, and view him as striking back at bullies. Cullen may have tried to portray Dylan as the nice guy to an embarrassing degree, but did not admire what he did, at least.
Back to top Go down
sscc

PostSubject: Re: Dave Cullen disses Columbiners   cullen - Dave Cullen disses Columbiners Icon_minitimeWed Nov 22, 2017 11:28 pm

It's still inaccurate and it does seem like projection because it's mainly harmless young women who seem to be keen on Dylan's sensitivity while most of the actual copycats have expressed some sort of connection with Eric (Reb) or even emulated him if they were influenced at all by Columbine in committing an act of violence.

Ironically, in the other school shooting in the Littleton school district, the perpetrator literally called himself a "psychopath with a superiority complex" and basically pretended to be Eric Harris (Reb) whenever he could. In his analysis Langman agrees with the self-diagnosis. Oddly enough, he is willing to note that Pierson was emulating Eric's writing in his own journal but it somehow seems to escape him that Pierson may also have been emulating his demeanor and behavior and attempting to live up to the classic psychopath image of Eric that is presented in the media. Langman says that he was adept at "impression management" when he needed to be, just like Eric, and he was so good at it that he went around showing pictures he had made of a K-Pop star photoshopped into images of Sandy Hook to his classmates and managed to get himself suspended after screaming at his mother in the parking lot of the school that he was going to kill a staff member. Now we have a second psychopathic school shooter in one little district of suburban Colorado. What a coincidence!

And can I just take a second to point out that the silly article is also providing false information about Lanza as a lead in for Cullen's BS about how dangerous Dylan is in the Columbine copycat phenomenon?
Quote :
“We finally have authentic photographic evidence of the gym incident where Dylan was running around pushing people,” Lanza gushed in a forum post about a new photo of a Columbine shooter Dylan Klebold.

Klebold appeared to be one of Lanza’s favorite killers. In a late 2011 forum post, Lanza conceded that Klebold’s conspirator Eric Harris was “a monster,” but appeared to express some sympathy for Klebold, whom some investigators have described as a depressive bullying victim, as opposed to Harris, who has been described as a calculating psychopath.

Three terribly inaccurate statements in two paragraphs of writing even before Cullen's point of view is introduced (and these are not the only inaccuracies in the article but let's leave it at that).

The comment in bold is the most ridiculous and with that, it's obvious that the author did not take the time to do any research on Adam Lanza. Adam mocked both of them repeatedly. While he definitely sympathized more generally with mass murderers and I'm sure that Eric and Dylan were no exception, he certainly did not express sympathy or reverence for either of them.

The other two things I object to are not quite as obvious because they are based on the context of the posts that she quoted, but if she had done any research, it would have been hard to miss.

Adam did not concede that Eric was a monster. He was clearly making a joke, combining the 13 vs. 15 victims controversy with the Cullen controversy. If the author had taken any time to read about Adam Lanza or Columbine, she probably would have understood this.

The second comment was in response to LPorter's "photo of Dylan shirtless." After an in-depth analysis, I think she may have been right that Lanza genuinely mistook the photoshop of a fat Dylan for an exciting, new photo of Columbine shooter Dylan Klebold that was worth gushing over. I don't know exactly how she would have researched "dylfat.png" since it's no longer on the internet but I think she could have found a way if she had tried.

Cullen should be honored to be quoted in an article of this caliber because it certainly lives up to his impeccable journalistic standards in every way.
Back to top Go down
LPorter101
Top 10 Contributor
LPorter101

PostSubject: Re: Dave Cullen disses Columbiners   cullen - Dave Cullen disses Columbiners Icon_minitimeWed Nov 22, 2017 11:59 pm

Quote :
The second comment was in response to LPorter's "photo of Dylan shirtless." After an in-depth analysis, I think she may have been right that Lanza genuinely mistook the photoshop of a fat Dylan for an exciting, new photo of Columbine shooter Dylan Klebold that was worth gushing over. I don't know exactly how she would have researched "dylfat.png" since it's no longer on the internet but I think she could have found a way if she had tried.

Maybe if she had tried hacking into one of my old backup hard drives...

Here are some of the other ones I did:

There are more...

Top 10 Contributor
LPorter101

PostSubject: Re: Dave Cullen disses Columbiners   cullen - Dave Cullen disses Columbiners Icon_minitimeThu Nov 23, 2017 12:05 am

Here are some more:

There are still more...

Top 10 Contributor
LPorter101

PostSubject: Re: Dave Cullen disses Columbiners   cullen - Dave Cullen disses Columbiners Icon_minitimeThu Nov 23, 2017 1:02 am

I created most of these memes several years ago, when I had a sudden inspiration to "bait" Cullen into coming to the board. But then I realized that whole "bait" thing was kind of silly, so I just posted them for the lulz.

This was how the whole "baiting" thing got started:

The only thing I accomplished was making myself seem seriously mentally deranged. Very Happy

Contribution Points : 60484

PostSubject: Re: Dave Cullen disses Columbiners   cullen - Dave Cullen disses Columbiners Icon_minitimeThu Nov 23, 2017 5:09 am

QuestionMark wrote:
Tracy wrote:

When did I overestimate the general public's interest in Columbine? I never said anything about their interest of lack thereof. All I said is if all the evidence came out for all to see, it's not going to match the picture they have painted of Columbine. Whether one person looks at it or they all do, the truth would be out there.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dave Cullen disses Columbiners   cullen - Dave Cullen disses Columbiners Icon_minitimeThu Nov 23, 2017 10:28 am

Oh please, he should look in the mirror before dissing anyone since he is on the level of Tumblr obsessed fangirls himself when it comes to Dylan.
Back to top Go down
LPorter101
Top 10 Contributor
LPorter101

PostSubject: Re: Dave Cullen disses Columbiners   cullen - Dave Cullen disses Columbiners Icon_minitimeThu Nov 30, 2017 1:51 pm

So I was looking through Dave Cullen's Tumblr, looking for stuff to mock, and I saw that his mother died recently.

It would be uncool to mock that, so I won't.

Also, he has a dog now. He posted some pictures of himself kissing the dog. I was going to make some snarky comment about the pictures, like, "Wow, Dave Cullen is more desperate than I thought," but I decided to hold my tongue.

For the record, the dog is a boy. Cullen likes the turn the dog over. (He wrote that turning the dog upside down is his "favorite pose.") Do you think ... nah, he wouldn't stoop that low.

Come on, Cullen! Give me something to work with here! Tweet "Cullenbine for Christmas!" again or some shit like that.

PostSubject: Re: Dave Cullen disses Columbiners   cullen - Dave Cullen disses Columbiners Icon_minitimeThu Nov 30, 2017 2:41 pm

LPorter101 wrote:
So I was looking through Dave Cullen's Tumblr, looking for stuff to mock, and I saw that his mother died recently.

It would be uncool to mock that, so I won't.

Also, he has a dog now. He posted some pictures of himself kissing the dog. I was going to make some snarky comment about the pictures, like, "Wow, Dave Cullen is more desperate than I thought," but I decided to hold my tongue.

For the record, the dog is a boy. Cullen likes the turn the dog over. (He wrote that turning the dog upside down is his "favorite pose.") Do you think ... nah, he wouldn't stoop that low.

Come on, Cullen! Give me something to work with here! Tweet "Cullenbine for Christmas!" again or some shit like that.

Yeah talking about someone's recently deceased mother would be hitting way below the belt. Evil or Very Mad  Also bringing a innocent canine into a online feud seems in poor taste as well.

Be patient. Give it a few days, Dave will likely stick his foot in his mouth and give you something to roast him over.. Haha
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: Dave Cullen disses Columbiners   cullen - Dave Cullen disses Columbiners Icon_minitimeThu Nov 30, 2017 2:50 pm

The 19th anniversary is coming up in April I'm sure he'll say something stupid before then.

Two short months until the 20th anniversary of the January incident.

MellonCollie

Contribution Points : 58589

PostSubject: Re: Dave Cullen disses Columbiners   cullen - Dave Cullen disses Columbiners Icon_minitimeThu Nov 30, 2017 4:56 pm

spidEr wrote:
I actually agree with him. I hate the term Columbiner, and those kids actually make the real research community look like a joke. When I see these tumblr pages or memes or the "shit columbiners say" video on youtube, it really makes me stay even more quiet about being interested in this topic.

You took the words right out of my mouth.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dave Cullen disses Columbiners   cullen - Dave Cullen disses Columbiners Icon_minitimeThu Nov 30, 2017 4:59 pm

Screamingophelia wrote:
The 19th anniversary is coming up in April I'm sure he'll say something stupid before then.

Truly hard to believe that we are coming up on the 19th anniversary.
Back to top Go down
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark

PostSubject: Re: Dave Cullen disses Columbiners   cullen - Dave Cullen disses Columbiners Icon_minitimeThu Nov 30, 2017 5:40 pm

ShadowedGoddess wrote:
Screamingophelia wrote:

Almost twenty years since it first happened and people are still talking about it.

LPorter101
Top 10 Contributor
LPorter101

PostSubject: Re: Dave Cullen disses Columbiners   cullen - Dave Cullen disses Columbiners Icon_minitimeThu Nov 30, 2017 6:24 pm

Now, see, this is what I'm talking about. Dave Cullen has posted multiple videos to YouTube showing him autographing his own book:

It's, like, who gives a shit? What are you hoping to accomplish by posting these videos, Dave? If you're trying to make yourself look like a pathetic attention whore, then you're doing a very good job.

Personally, I think this is his way of saying, "Hah, hah, I'm a best-selling author! Up yours!" to his online critics.

Or maybe he was just bored.

I don't know what he was smoking when he posted this video:

Dignity, Dave. Dignity. Class. Look it up.

Littlelo

PostSubject: Re: Dave Cullen disses Columbiners   cullen - Dave Cullen disses Columbiners Icon_minitimeThu Nov 30, 2017 6:25 pm

How embarrassing. Anyone know what Sue Klebold thinks of him? (Sorry if this has already been discussed).
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: Dave Cullen disses Columbiners   cullen - Dave Cullen disses Columbiners Icon_minitimeThu Nov 30, 2017 8:57 pm

QuestionMark wrote:
ShadowedGoddess wrote:
Screamingophelia wrote:

Almost twenty years since it first happened and people are still talking about it.

My Lyft driver tonight and I were talking, it was rush hour so it took a while to get to my destination and we started talking about Mindhunter and true crime and he goes "You know what I want to learn more about, Columbine and Eric Harris, didn't his dad call 911 on that day thinking his son was involved" Cracks knuckles.. okay I guess we are going to talk about it...

Younger people still want to learn it seems.
Back to top Go down
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark

PostSubject: Re: Dave Cullen disses Columbiners   cullen - Dave Cullen disses Columbiners Icon_minitimeThu Nov 30, 2017 9:25 pm

Screamingophelia wrote:
My Lyft driver tonight and I were talking, it was rush hour so it took a while to get to my destination and we started talking about Mindhunter and true crime and he goes "You know what I want to learn more about, Columbine and Eric Harris, didn't his dad call 911 on that day thinking his son was involved" Cracks knuckles.. okay I guess we are going to talk about it...

That's encouraging to know. Most people I know aren't into true crime unfortunately.

Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: Dave Cullen disses Columbiners   cullen - Dave Cullen disses Columbiners Icon_minitimeThu Nov 30, 2017 9:31 pm

QuestionMark wrote:
Screamingophelia wrote:

That's encouraging to know. Most people I know aren't into true crime unfortunately.

I had to find some podcast communities to talk true crime with because I only had one friend in my life interested in it at all.
Back to top Go down
Lunkhead McGrath

Contribution Points : 76136
Forum Reputation : 225

PostSubject: Re: Dave Cullen disses Columbiners   cullen - Dave Cullen disses Columbiners Icon_minitimeThu Nov 30, 2017 9:41 pm

Screamingophelia wrote:
QuestionMark wrote:
ShadowedGoddess wrote:
Screamingophelia wrote:

Ask any young person about the major scandals/events of the 90s - OJ, Oklahoma City, Waco, Unabomber, Ruby Ridge, Tonya Harding, Slobodan Milosevic, Monica Lewinsky, Columbine....see which ones they know. NONE of them know Ruby Ridge, Slobodan gets a "who?" Milosevic, the great bad guy in the world before Osama Bin Laden showed up...
Back to top Go down
sscc

PostSubject: Re: Dave Cullen disses Columbiners   cullen - Dave Cullen disses Columbiners Icon_minitimeThu Nov 30, 2017 9:45 pm

I will never shake my sneaking suspicion that LPorter101 is Dave Cullen's online alter ego and that he's only trying to stir up some discussion about himself for fun. It's funny that you never see them in the same place at the same time... What a Face
Back to top Go down
MellonCollie

MellonCollie

Contribution Points : 58589

PostSubject: Re: Dave Cullen disses Columbiners   cullen - Dave Cullen disses Columbiners Icon_minitimeThu Nov 30, 2017 9:54 pm

Littlelo wrote:
How embarrassing. Anyone know what Sue Klebold thinks of him? (Sorry if this has already been discussed).
I've been thinking of that too.
Back to top Go down
sscc

PostSubject: Re: Dave Cullen disses Columbiners   cullen - Dave Cullen disses Columbiners Icon_minitimeThu Nov 30, 2017 10:17 pm

MellonCollie wrote:
Littlelo wrote:
I've been thinking of that too.
She thanked him for helping her with her book. Irony prevails, as he was one of her fact checkers.
Sue Klebold wrote:
Many thanks go to Dave Cullen for talking with me about his research on the Columbine tragedy, and for helping me recount specifics of the incident. He generously searched through piles of material to fact-check references when I needed his help with accuracy.

And she said this in the notes for the chapter on the basement tapes.
Sue Klebold wrote:
I remember very little of what Kate and Randy told us that day and was not able to take notes, so I have reconstructed the events using the Jeffco report and others. I am profoundly grateful to Dave Cullen for his fastidious attention to detail and the help he gave me to ensure that this section is accurate. That said, any and all errors are my own.

She also directed people to [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] (which now redirects to Cullen's current website [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] for access to the Jeffco documents.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dave Cullen disses Columbiners   cullen - Dave Cullen disses Columbiners Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dave Cullen disses Columbiners
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next