Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Dave Cullen disses Columbiners

Go down 
+11
Jenna horse
MellonCollie
Lunkhead McGrath
Tracy
W.A.R.
sscc
Littlelo
QuestionMark
spidEr
Screamingophelia
LPorter101
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
LPorter101
Top 10 Contributor
LPorter101

Contribution Points : 150640
Forum Reputation : 2754

cullen - Dave Cullen disses Columbiners - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dave Cullen disses Columbiners   cullen - Dave Cullen disses Columbiners - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 01, 2017 12:26 am

sscc wrote:
I will never shake my sneaking suspicion that LPorter101 is Dave Cullen's online alter ego and that he's only trying to stir up some discussion about himself for fun. It's funny that you never see them in the same place at the same time... What a Face

Twisted Evil

PostSubject: Re: Dave Cullen disses Columbiners   cullen - Dave Cullen disses Columbiners - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 01, 2017 12:40 am

Those videos of him signing his books, lol, he's acting like he's as big as Margaret Atwood or JK Rowling.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dave Cullen disses Columbiners   cullen - Dave Cullen disses Columbiners - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 01, 2017 7:56 am

Screamingophelia wrote:
QuestionMark wrote:
ShadowedGoddess wrote:
Screamingophelia wrote:
The 19th anniversary is coming up in April I'm sure he'll say something stupid before then.

Truly hard to believe that we are coming up on the 19th anniversary.

Almost twenty years since it first happened and people are still talking about it.

My Lyft driver tonight and I were talking, it was rush hour so it took a while to get to my destination and we started talking about Mindhunter and true crime and he goes "You know what I want to learn more about, Columbine and Eric Harris, didn't his dad call 911 on that day thinking his son was involved" Cracks knuckles.. okay I guess we are going to talk about it...

Younger people still want to learn it seems.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] I hope you schooled him well! Haha
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dave Cullen disses Columbiners   cullen - Dave Cullen disses Columbiners - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 01, 2017 7:59 am

sscc wrote:
I will never shake my sneaking suspicion that LPorter101 is Dave Cullen's online alter ego and that he's only trying to stir up some discussion about himself for fun. It's funny that you never see them in the same place at the same time... What a Face

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] OH MY GAWD! Shocked How dare you be so insulting! But on another note that is funny as f*ck! Roll
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dave Cullen disses Columbiners   cullen - Dave Cullen disses Columbiners - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 01, 2017 8:03 am

LPorter101 wrote:
Now, see, this is what I'm talking about. Dave Cullen has posted multiple videos to YouTube showing him autographing his own book:

It's, like, who gives a shit? What are you hoping to accomplish by posting these videos, Dave? If you're trying to make yourself look like a pathetic attention whore, then you're doing a very good job.

Personally, I think this is his way of saying, "Hah, hah, I'm a best-selling author! Up yours!" to his online critics.

Or maybe he was just bored.

I don't know what he was smoking when he posted this video:

Dignity, Dave. Dignity. Class. Look it up.

See? We told you it wouldn't be long! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Other Crimes Moderator & Top 10 Contributor
Screamingophelia

Contribution Points : 193232
Forum Reputation : 1317

PostSubject: Re: Dave Cullen disses Columbiners   cullen - Dave Cullen disses Columbiners - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 01, 2017 8:09 am

ShadowedGoddess wrote:
Screamingophelia wrote:
QuestionMark wrote:
ShadowedGoddess wrote:
Screamingophelia wrote:
The 19th anniversary is coming up in April I'm sure he'll say something stupid before then.

Truly hard to believe that we are coming up on the 19th anniversary.

Almost twenty years since it first happened and people are still talking about it.

My Lyft driver tonight and I were talking, it was rush hour so it took a while to get to my destination and we started talking about Mindhunter and true crime and he goes "You know what I want to learn more about, Columbine and Eric Harris, didn't his dad call 911 on that day thinking his son was involved" Cracks knuckles.. okay I guess we are going to talk about it...

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] I hope you schooled him well! Haha

I did LOL, and I gave him some ideas for books. I didn't mention Cullen's... also for craps and giggles I told him to go to youtube and watch Hitmen for Hire and all the videos.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dave Cullen disses Columbiners   cullen - Dave Cullen disses Columbiners - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 01, 2017 8:15 am

Mystic808 wrote:
Those videos of him signing his books, lol, he's acting like he's as big as Margaret Atwood or JK Rowling.

For some reason I keep picturing Cullen as Gilderoy Lockhart signing his books for Harry Potter!

Cullen likely stuffs autographed pictures of himself in each one! Rolling Eyes Roll
Back to top Go down
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark

Contribution Points : 120378
Forum Reputation : 3191

PostSubject: Re: Dave Cullen disses Columbiners   cullen - Dave Cullen disses Columbiners - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 01, 2017 2:21 pm

Screamingophelia wrote:
QuestionMark wrote:
Screamingophelia wrote:

That's encouraging to know. Most people I know aren't into true crime unfortunately.

I had to find some podcast communities to talk true crime with because I only had one friend in my life interested in it at all.

I said it before and I'll say it again, I have ha some of my real life friends ask me "What's Columbine?" Those were sad occasions.

PostSubject: Re: Dave Cullen disses Columbiners   cullen - Dave Cullen disses Columbiners - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 01, 2017 2:26 pm

QuestionMark wrote:
Screamingophelia wrote:
QuestionMark wrote:
Screamingophelia wrote:

That's encouraging to know. Most people I know aren't into true crime unfortunately.

I had to find some podcast communities to talk true crime with because I only had one friend in my life interested in it at all.

I said it before and I'll say it again, I have ha some of my real life friends ask me "What's Columbine?" Those were sad occasions.

depends on how old you are, kids are graduating high school next year who werent alive for it...most people know Sandy Hook, pulse, and vegas
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dave Cullen disses Columbiners   cullen - Dave Cullen disses Columbiners - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 01, 2017 2:31 pm

-warrior wrote:
QuestionMark wrote:
Screamingophelia wrote:
QuestionMark wrote:
Screamingophelia wrote:

depends on how old you are, kids are graduating high school next year who werent alive for it...most people know Sandy Hook, pulse, and vegas

Agreed. I mean we are just a few short months away from the 19th Columbine anniversary. Nineteen very long years. Most these young whippersnappers today don't realize what Columbine is.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dave Cullen disses Columbiners   cullen - Dave Cullen disses Columbiners - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 01, 2017 2:32 pm

ShadowedGoddess wrote:
-warrior wrote:
QuestionMark wrote:
Screamingophelia wrote:
QuestionMark wrote:
Screamingophelia wrote:

Agreed. I mean we are just a few short months away from the 19th Columbine anniversary. Nineteen very long years. Most these young whippersnappers today don't realize what Columbine is.  

i wasnt even alive for columbine
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dave Cullen disses Columbiners   cullen - Dave Cullen disses Columbiners - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 01, 2017 2:37 pm

-warrior wrote:
ShadowedGoddess wrote:
-warrior wrote:
QuestionMark wrote:
Screamingophelia wrote:
QuestionMark wrote:
Screamingophelia wrote:

i wasnt even alive for columbine

Notice I said "most" these young whippersnappers. Haha
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: Dave Cullen disses Columbiners   cullen - Dave Cullen disses Columbiners - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 01, 2017 2:43 pm

I was 17, a senior in college. It's interesting watching the younger generation become interested in Columbine but putting it in the context of now.

I've seen questions like "would Eric and Dylan believe in trans rights?" "Was Dylan really a woman but trapped in a mans body" "would they be moved by Lady Gaga and how accepting she was?"

Umm... no, no and no. Did you research at all? Or were you like 17 year old me? Sighs, so edgy, so, so edgy

Top 10 Contributor
LPorter101

PostSubject: Re: Dave Cullen disses Columbiners   cullen - Dave Cullen disses Columbiners - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 01, 2017 3:41 pm

Screamingophelia wrote:
I was 17, a senior in college.

You graduated high school when you were 13? Kewl.

Jenna horse

Contribution Points : 58647
Forum Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: Dave Cullen disses Columbiners   cullen - Dave Cullen disses Columbiners - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 01, 2017 4:03 pm

I found out about columbine in high school and have been interested since then
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: Dave Cullen disses Columbiners   cullen - Dave Cullen disses Columbiners - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 01, 2017 4:12 pm

I meant High School. Surprised

I wish I was a genius like that.

Jenna horse

PostSubject: Re: Dave Cullen disses Columbiners   cullen - Dave Cullen disses Columbiners - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 01, 2017 4:16 pm

I was horrible at math
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dave Cullen disses Columbiners   cullen - Dave Cullen disses Columbiners - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 01, 2017 4:27 pm

Jenna horse wrote:
I was horrible at math

what
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dave Cullen disses Columbiners   cullen - Dave Cullen disses Columbiners - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 01, 2017 4:28 pm

-warrior wrote:
Jenna horse wrote:
I was horrible at math

what

She was just stating that she was horrible at math.
Back to top Go down
Jenna horse

Jenna horse

PostSubject: Re: Dave Cullen disses Columbiners   cullen - Dave Cullen disses Columbiners - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 01, 2017 4:28 pm

In high school I got a c in math so yeah but I loved history and Columbine was a favorite subject to research
Back to top Go down
InsaneIntruder

InsaneIntruder

Contribution Points : 85828
Forum Reputation : 340

PostSubject: Re: Dave Cullen disses Columbiners   cullen - Dave Cullen disses Columbiners - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 01, 2017 4:30 pm

"fr*ck (m0my wil gr0nd m3 if i sw3r) d03s c0lumb0nk3rz!111!!111"
-Cuve Dallen
Back to top Go down
Jenna horse

Jenna horse

PostSubject: Re: Dave Cullen disses Columbiners   cullen - Dave Cullen disses Columbiners - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 01, 2017 4:36 pm

I picked up a columbine book at my high school library and read it that’s how I got into columbine
Back to top Go down
Norwegian
Top 10 Contributor

Contribution Points : 78853
Forum Reputation : 304

PostSubject: Re: Dave Cullen disses Columbiners   cullen - Dave Cullen disses Columbiners - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 20, 2020 8:03 am

Well, the argument isnt entirely unfounded. We had the Valentines Day shooting attempt, which is linked to the TCC. The whole community its2lf isnt so much of a problem, yet, it seems like some people have met each other in these communities in order to committ such violent acts. Hopefully, these are few and far between.

But other than that- not that I like to talk about anyone in particular - but theres Lynn Ann and she apparently have harassed several survivors of the Columbine shooting. And thats just absolutely disgusting. Some of them, apparently, have participated in this type of harassment, but I personally belive that most Columbiners have issues in one way or another, and they need help. Not scorn.
Back to top Go down
Norwegian
Top 10 Contributor

PostSubject: Re: Dave Cullen disses Columbiners   cullen - Dave Cullen disses Columbiners - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 13, 2020 6:43 pm

I think society is a bit to blame for this, because these perpetrators are constantly put up there for everyone to see.
Back to top Go down
EthanEmerson
Banned

Contribution Points : 82059
Forum Reputation : 475

PostSubject: Re: Dave Cullen disses Columbiners   cullen - Dave Cullen disses Columbiners - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 14, 2020 1:37 am

Oh, by 'Columbiners' you mean all of us "turds" ?
I love the fact that Dave Cullen compares us to poop.
I picture him having dreams where he has poo-flinging matches with columbiners dressed up in turd suits.
Back to top Go down
Norwegian
Top 10 Contributor

PostSubject: Re: Dave Cullen disses Columbiners   cullen - Dave Cullen disses Columbiners - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 14, 2020 5:27 am

I think that a lot of mishaps comes from the media. I wont deny that there are some people out there that are genuine assholes. The only thing Ive heard from Dave Cullen talking about Columbiners, However, is that he has had death threats against him and so on.
Back to top Go down
EthanEmerson
Banned

PostSubject: Re: Dave Cullen disses Columbiners   cullen - Dave Cullen disses Columbiners - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 14, 2020 12:09 pm

I have screen shots of Cullen calling people turds, monsters, and other insults. He's a jerk.

He didn't even have a conversation with me and he blocked me right off the bat when I followed him on Twitter, likely because I had just 1 post about Columbine and it was contemplating Dylan's life.

He hates the people he claims he wants to help with his book and information and research, all his talks at schools, wherever he is invited, he's full of beans.

Dave Cullen and Randy Brown would make a great couple. They're both antagonistic, rude, and crass to people who don't agree with their theories. Cullen goes further than Randy, though.

I've watched Cullen unfold his mean streak on people. Once, when we actually did have a conversation on Facebook, I watched someone ask him an innocent question and Cullen read meaning into the question, accused this person of having other motives, called him names, then blocked him. The question was not even about the killers or anything. It was not even something a "columbiner" would ask. I can't recall what it was I wrote it down, took screen shots, but I was in awe of how mean Cullen was to this person. Then I watched him do it again and again on Facebook.

Honestly, I think Cullen was paid to take over the narrative. He's not a great writer, he was never a real journalist, he got the gig out of nowhere, and he has the spotlight? And people believe him? Now that was a psy op.

isabellaaa likes this post

Back to top Go down
Norwegian
Top 10 Contributor

PostSubject: Re: Dave Cullen disses Columbiners   cullen - Dave Cullen disses Columbiners - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 14, 2020 2:09 pm

EthanEmerson wrote:
I have screen shots of Cullen calling people turds, monsters, and other insults. He's a jerk.

He didn't even have a conversation with me and he blocked me right off the bat when I followed him on Twitter, likely because I had just 1 post about Columbine and it was contemplating Dylan's life.

He hates the people he claims he wants to help with his book and information and research, all his talks at schools, wherever he is invited, he's full of beans.

Dave Cullen and Randy Brown would make a great couple. They're both antagonistic, rude, and crass to people who don't agree with their theories. Cullen goes further than Randy, though.

I've watched Cullen unfold his mean streak on people. Once, when we actually did have a conversation on Facebook, I watched someone ask him an innocent question and Cullen read meaning into the question, accused this person of having other motives, called him names, then blocked him. The question was not even about the killers or anything. It was not even something a "columbiner" would ask. I can't recall what it was I wrote it down, took screen shots, but I was in awe of how mean Cullen was to this person. Then I watched him do it again and again on Facebook.

Honestly, I think Cullen was paid to take over the narrative. He's not a great writer, he was never a real journalist, he got the gig out of nowhere, and he has the spotlight? And people believe him? Now that was a psy op.

OK, Ive never seen any of this, but online harassment isnt good. Do you have any sources?

From my personal perspective, much of peoples ability to have too much of a trust in what they read, its because they lack Basic source criticism. Ive seen the reviews that Just about ecchoes the other points of view. Ive also seen positive reviews that seems to know a thing or two about the whole incident. Probably more than Just by reading Dave Cullen. I do agree with Cullen to a certain extent that many of hes opponents prescribe views to Dave Cullen that isnt what he has said or that he has backed out of. I also agree that he comes off as a bit simplistic. For instance no 'normal' psychopath would have gone on a killing spree like Drew(the Jonesboro- killer) or Eric, and I think Cullen knows this aswell. Its probably a good place to start, by understanding the opposite personalities. Yet, in hes videos hes not laying out so much more than 'Eric Harris was a psychopath' (which Im inclined to believe, yes). And than he talks about screening depression. Thats all good and well, but theres more that makes a school shooting. In other words, its too simple to focus on one thing.

Some claims regarding the bullying was, indeed, misrepresented. Such as Evan Todd. I dont think he bullied Eric and Dylan, when we look at the context that it was said, actually. Or certainly it doesnt count as evidence. And than Nathan Vanderaus statement. It wasnt Eric and Dylan that had a cup of fecal matter thrown at them. It was the TCM. Bad as that is, its not them hes referring to. The rest, I really dont know, because the statements are contradictory and conflicting. He does allow that there was a lot of bullying at Columbine, but he denies that the two were bullied. This is based, in large part, on their journals, he writes in hes book. IDK hes take on the police report and the interviews and the book by Brooks Brown. Yet, he did mention 'Far from the tree' in an article, which I felt was puzzling, because this book suggests that Dylan was bullied.
The thing is, though, that Sue basically allowed that She did not know how her sons life was like at school. Im not a journalist or anything, nor have I met with people Connected to this tragedy like Kass and Cullen. I do think that evidence is important. But what strikes me as weird its that he doesnt seem to elaborate on the withness testimonies from their friends, when talking about bullying . Some in there suggests that they were bullied. Some suggests that they did not see any bullying, whereas some suggest that only Eric got picked on. Has he tried tried to elaborate on this? IDK. I think I have to go back to chapter 28 and see what he had to say, sooner or later(im too tired by now). But atleast IDK wether he has tried to clarify this

As for Kass'book I havent fully read it, but hes offering a lot of footnotes to hes book, which I though was useful.
Back to top Go down
EthanEmerson
Banned

PostSubject: Re: Dave Cullen disses Columbiners   cullen - Dave Cullen disses Columbiners - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 14, 2020 8:09 pm

Yeah my source is Dave Cullen himself online. All you have to do is watch him for a period of time and you'll see him in action. He doesn't even try to hide it. Create a fake account, have him add you, and just watch him. Sooner or later you're going to see him treat people like garbage. I have a folder full of screen shots of the abuse I saw him dish out on Twitter and Facebook on my other computer.

Dave acknowledges that bullying happened, but I think his stance is that it wasn't a factor in their choice to kill. It was insignificant and Eric was just nuts. I might be putting words in his mouth, but that's the distilled version I get from watching his presentations at universities.
Back to top Go down
EthanEmerson
Banned

PostSubject: Re: Dave Cullen disses Columbiners   cullen - Dave Cullen disses Columbiners - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 14, 2020 8:32 pm

Examples of Dave being an immature adult are here. This is just a fraction of his shenanigans. I just sourced these right now, I have tons more. Some are far worse. For a man who claims to care about the kids and the people he speaks to, he sure blocks people and calls them trolls and turds and dismisses them the moment they question him or even ask him questions. He actually blocked someone admittedly for asking a question he thought was stupid.

Does this look like the behavior of an adult who cares about preventing school violence? Or does this look like the behavior of someone who can't handle criticism or conversation? His favorite word is "turd."

You would think he would be willing to engage in conversation, but no, like Randy, he is right, his position is the only position, and if you can't see it his way then you didn't read his book (even if you did read it), and you're on block.

These images will only be available for a month, then the hosting will delete the images (I'm not on my regular computer sorry!)

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
EthanEmerson
Banned

PostSubject: Re: Dave Cullen disses Columbiners   cullen - Dave Cullen disses Columbiners - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 14, 2020 8:34 pm

One might argue that everyone deserves to be blocked because they were acting out of line, but no, I have seen with my own eyes, people asking police, innocent questions and Dave goes into full blast mode attacking and blocking the person, then posting about how he blocked them. Just like a teenager does to create more drama.

How anyone takes him seriously I fail to see.
Back to top Go down
EthanEmerson
Banned

PostSubject: Re: Dave Cullen disses Columbiners   cullen - Dave Cullen disses Columbiners - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 14, 2020 8:37 pm

When anyone criticizes his. book, he jumps to, "you didn't read my book" --- that might be true for some, but for the majority of us, no, Dave, we have read it, we just caught all the false information and want to know why you failed to even talk to any of the shooters' friends and cherry picked your evidence and even disrespected the victims by quoting them incorrectly and relaying their injuries incorrectly... like how could you miss that? We read your book. We just don't like it because it's wrong lol

But we are turds, so...

Back to top Go down
LPorter101
Top 10 Contributor
LPorter101

PostSubject: Re: Dave Cullen disses Columbiners   cullen - Dave Cullen disses Columbiners - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 14, 2020 10:27 pm

Quote :
Examples of Dave being an immature adult are here. This is just a fraction of his shenanigans. I just sourced these right now, I have tons more. Some are far worse. For a man who claims to care about the kids and the people he speaks to, he sure blocks people and calls them trolls and turds and dismisses them the moment they question him or even ask him questions. He actually blocked someone admittedly for asking a question he thought was stupid.

Would you mind posting more? I find them strangely amusing. Very Happy

Banned

PostSubject: Re: Dave Cullen disses Columbiners   cullen - Dave Cullen disses Columbiners - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 14, 2020 10:30 pm

Haha sure, I have to get them from my other computer though but I will be connecting that back up soon probably this weekend!

There's a gem in there and I can't remember what it is. I need to expand my collection.

What's up with his hashtags? Columbully? And a few more? Is that a "thing?" I don't use Twitter, so I have no idea haha
Back to top Go down
EthanEmerson
Banned

PostSubject: Re: Dave Cullen disses Columbiners   cullen - Dave Cullen disses Columbiners - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 14, 2020 10:35 pm

Oh here's a gem. Cullen gets called a "self-impressed turd" and the tables are turned!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Cullen deleted his tweet that was linked here, sadly.

He's just Negative NancyPants about everybody.
Back to top Go down
Norwegian
Top 10 Contributor

PostSubject: Re: Dave Cullen disses Columbiners   cullen - Dave Cullen disses Columbiners - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 15, 2020 5:04 am

EthanEmerson wrote:

Does this look like the behavior of an adult who cares about preventing school violence? Or does this look like the behavior of someone who can't handle criticism or conversation? His favorite word is "turd."

You would think he would be willing to engage in conversation, but no, like Randy, he is right, his position is the only position, and if you can't see it his way then you didn't read his book (even if you did read it), and you're on block.

These images will only be available for a month, then the hosting will delete the images (I'm not on my regular computer sorry!)

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

It would be more convincing if people brought up the whole conversation. Cullen says in hes book that he has recieved death threats from so- called 'Columbiners'. Given that people dont like the book very much, Im not remotely surprised. Ive seen it before, how conversations can be taken out of context Just to put someone in a bad light

Back to top Go down
Norwegian
Top 10 Contributor

PostSubject: Re: Dave Cullen disses Columbiners   cullen - Dave Cullen disses Columbiners - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 15, 2020 5:07 am

EthanEmerson wrote:
When anyone criticizes his. book, he jumps to, "you didn't read my book" --- that might be true for some, but for the majority of us, no, Dave, we have read it, we just caught all the false information and want to know why you failed to even talk to any of the shooters' friends and cherry picked your evidence and even disrespected the victims by quoting them incorrectly and relaying their injuries incorrectly... like how could you miss that? We read your book. We just don't like it because it's wrong lol

But we are turds, so...

Examples?
Back to top Go down
Norwegian
Top 10 Contributor

PostSubject: Re: Dave Cullen disses Columbiners   cullen - Dave Cullen disses Columbiners - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 15, 2020 5:10 am

Guest wrote:
LPorter101 wrote:
Now, see, this is what I'm talking about. Dave Cullen has posted multiple videos to YouTube showing him autographing his own book:

It's, like, who gives a shit? What are you hoping to accomplish by posting these videos, Dave? If you're trying to make yourself look like a pathetic attention whore, then you're doing a very good job.

Personally, I think this is his way of saying, "Hah, hah, I'm a best-selling author! Up yours!" to his online critics.

Or maybe he was just bored.

I don't know what he was smoking when he posted this video:

Dignity, Dave. Dignity. Class. Look it up.

See? We told you it wouldn't be long! Very Happy

And this is relevant, because...?
Back to top Go down
Norwegian
Top 10 Contributor

PostSubject: Re: Dave Cullen disses Columbiners   cullen - Dave Cullen disses Columbiners - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 15, 2020 5:16 am

EthanEmerson wrote:
Oh here's a gem. Cullen gets called a "self-impressed turd" and the tables are turned!

Tweets unavailable. Are you sure we are talking about the same Dave Cullen?
Back to top Go down
thelmar

thelmar

Contribution Points : 82757
Forum Reputation : 3068

PostSubject: Re: Dave Cullen disses Columbiners   cullen - Dave Cullen disses Columbiners - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 15, 2020 10:55 am

Norwegian wrote:
EthanEmerson wrote:

Tweets unavailable. Are you sure we are talking about the same Dave Cullen?

No, it's not Columbine author, Dave Cullen. The twitter handle is DaveCullenCF. This twitter account is now suspended for violation of Twitter rules. DaveCullenCF belonged to a Dave Cullen that has a blog/business called Computing Forever. My knowledge of this is only minutes old from a Google search but he seems like a right-wing, English, conspiracy theorist.
His Youtube

His website

That said, I have also seen the Dave Cullen, Columbine author, being exceedingly rude to people who ask respectful, legitimate questions. It's like he recognizes that these people know he's full of shit and so he shuts them down with insults and comments about them being Columbiners before they can post anything else to expose him.
He certainly gets a lot of hate, there's no doubt about that, and some people deserve to be blocked. He could take the high road on those and just block them and move on, but I don't begrudge him getting snarky with people who are attacking him. But when you are nasty to someone who is asking a serious, respectful question, it shows a complete lack of character.
Back to top Go down
EthanEmerson
Banned

PostSubject: Re: Dave Cullen disses Columbiners   cullen - Dave Cullen disses Columbiners - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 15, 2020 1:10 pm

Dave's tweets and posts are not out of context.
Look, I watched him do it live on Facebook and on Twitter. Some people bait him, but many do not.
His response to everyone the same.

I literally watched a person he didn't know ask him a question.
Dave presumed he was trolling, accused him of trolling, then called him nasty names and blocked him.
Then made a new post about this person calling him more names.
And the guy did not deserve it.

We have been around the block enough to see his behavior happen in real time, I am not the only one.

He has no excuse for his behavior.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] said it perfectly. He doesn't take the high road and he doesn't even try to engage in a conversation when met with even the simplest questions unless those questions are already praising him.

He's in a high position to influence people and he's squandering that and wasting it.
He only cares about his reputation and image as the Columbine expert. Dare to question anything and your head is on his platter.

All I can say is watch him for a while, you will see.
Back to top Go down
EthanEmerson
Banned

PostSubject: Re: Dave Cullen disses Columbiners   cullen - Dave Cullen disses Columbiners - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 15, 2020 1:11 pm

Oh that wasn't his Tweet about the bathroom thing? I thought it was! Oops my bad!!
Back to top Go down
EthanEmerson
Banned

PostSubject: Re: Dave Cullen disses Columbiners   cullen - Dave Cullen disses Columbiners - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 15, 2020 1:16 pm

I got blocked by Dave as well for no reason. It was on an anonymous account and I was not even doing anything but following him on Twitter. Didn't say a word didn't post anything to him or anyone else, just one day BAM he blocked me. I didn't have any crazy Columbiner followers or anything. I followed news people and writers only on my Twitter. However, I made one post something to the effect of "I wonder what Dylan Klebold could have done with his life if he didn't choose the path he chose" or something like that. Then, not long after I got blocked.

Dave also claims he got PTSD from researching the case and has to have ongoing treatment for it. I'm not sure I buy that, he sounds like he wants to be considered a Columbine survivor or something. Like he's now part of the tragedy that he isn't really part of. But now it's legitimately his.
Back to top Go down
EthanEmerson
Banned

PostSubject: Re: Dave Cullen disses Columbiners   cullen - Dave Cullen disses Columbiners - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 15, 2020 1:43 pm

The way I see it, even if Cullen is initially attacked, his responses are out of line, unprofessional, and mean.

If he was just some random guy, I wouldn't have a problem with his interactions with people.

Cullen is now a public figure and has a responsibility to be the adult in the conversation.

He is in a high position of influence (for those who don't know better) and he has an unspoken obligation to guide those conversations toward resolution or simply ignore people who attack him.

He doesn't just do it to people who attack him, though. He isn't like us here who wanted to research the case to find out what happened. He was an unknown journalist who was given the biggest story in America at the time, rose to fame, and he can't handle that fame being threatened. Everything is a threat to him. You could be the most rational, soft-spoken person having a reasonable conversation with him and then ask him why he dismisses bullying as a factor and why he believes Eric was a psychopath if you can't diagnose anyone post-mortem, and at first he will tell you to "read his book to find out why" and then when you say you read it, he will tell you that you just don't want to listen to the truth. If you press him for specific answers still, then he will fly off the handle and ream you and call you a turd, block you, and then make a post about you on Facebook and Twitter to garner support from his followers so he can feel righteous and right and make you wrong.

He's so predictable, it's his pattern.
Back to top Go down
Norwegian
Top 10 Contributor

PostSubject: Re: Dave Cullen disses Columbiners   cullen - Dave Cullen disses Columbiners - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 15, 2020 2:52 pm

EthanEmerson wrote:
Dave's tweets and posts are not out of context.
Look, I watched him do it live on Facebook and on Twitter. Some people bait him, but many do not.
His response to everyone the same.

I literally watched a person he didn't know ask him a question.
Dave presumed he was trolling, accused him of trolling, then called him nasty names and blocked him.
Then made a new post about this person calling him more names.
And the guy did not deserve it.

We have been around the block enough to see his behavior happen in real time, I am not the only one.

He has no excuse for his behavior.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] said it perfectly. He doesn't take the high road and he doesn't even try to engage in a conversation when met with even the simplest questions unless those questions are already praising him.

He's in a high position to influence people and he's squandering that and wasting it.
He only cares about his reputation and image as the Columbine expert. Dare to question anything and your head is on his platter.

All I can say is watch him for a while, you will see.

It is, as long as you do not provide other Twitter accounts so we only get to see Cullens Tweets
Back to top Go down
EthanEmerson
Banned

PostSubject: Re: Dave Cullen disses Columbiners   cullen - Dave Cullen disses Columbiners - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 15, 2020 3:04 pm

@Norweigan
Yes, these are just quick screen shots I grabbed because I don't have time to get the rest from my computer.

What I'm saying is that Dave's ATTITUDE and RESPONSES are not justified and are not always provoked.

You're suggesting that Dave is being baited, and I'm saying I've watched these conversations take place live and he does this to people without provocation.

If you want to look at his whole conversations, then go look for yourself...
Back to top Go down
Norwegian
Top 10 Contributor

PostSubject: Re: Dave Cullen disses Columbiners   cullen - Dave Cullen disses Columbiners - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 15, 2020 3:11 pm

I think the sources is always on the person making the claim. Why should I look for your sources of information [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]?
Back to top Go down
EthanEmerson
Banned

PostSubject: Re: Dave Cullen disses Columbiners   cullen - Dave Cullen disses Columbiners - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 15, 2020 3:15 pm

I'm not trying to prove a point here, I simply provided fast screen shots for people to see what I was talking about.

You weren't part of that conversation, and you can look for yourself because I'm not posting them to try to make anyone believe anything.

Back to top Go down
EthanEmerson
Banned

PostSubject: Re: Dave Cullen disses Columbiners   cullen - Dave Cullen disses Columbiners - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 15, 2020 3:19 pm

And you missed my point entirely.
My point is that Dave is nasty to people and calls them turds.
Provoked or not, that makes him a jerk.
That is my only point.
The screen shots are of his nasty behavior.
That is not "out of context" that is a direct display of his nasty behavior.
If you want to defend him, go for it, but his actions are visible and there is no excuse or justification for it.

Read the rest of the Tweets if you want, it won't change the fact that Dave throws insults at people and is mean and nasty.
Back to top Go down
Norwegian
Top 10 Contributor

PostSubject: Re: Dave Cullen disses Columbiners   cullen - Dave Cullen disses Columbiners - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 15, 2020 3:25 pm

EthanEmerson wrote:
And you missed my point entirely.
My point is that Dave is nasty to people and calls them turds.
Provoked or not, that makes him a jerk.
That is my only point.
The screen shots are of his nasty behavior.
That is not "out of context" that is a direct display of his nasty behavior.
If you want to defend him, go for it, but his actions are visible and there is no excuse or justification for it.

Read the rest of the Tweets if you want, it won't change the fact that Dave throws insults at people and is mean and nasty.

I got your point. But you should have gotten my point. Which is that when people make claims they should provide evidence for it. Not ask people to go look for it themselves. You make the claim, you also should back them up. Its not my Job to look for your sources

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dave Cullen disses Columbiners   cullen - Dave Cullen disses Columbiners - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dave Cullen disses Columbiners
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next