Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Eric BPD much?

Go down 
+5
Lavitax
Wumselito
itsgeorgann
QuestionMark
Rebbie556
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Rebbie556

Contribution Points : 92406
Forum Reputation : 225

Eric BPD much? Empty
PostSubject: Eric BPD much?   Eric BPD much? Icon_minitimeThu Nov 23, 2017 8:38 pm

Im the only one who thinks that Eric might had Borderline personality ?

Borderline personality disorder (BPD) is a serious mental disorder marked by a pattern of ongoing instability in moods, behavior, self-image, and functioning. These experiences often result in impulsive actions and unstable relationships. A person with BPD may experience intense episodes of anger, depression, and anxiety that may last from only a few hours to days.

Some people with BPD also have high rates of co-occurring mental disorders, such as mood disorders, anxiety disorders, and eating disorders, along with substance abuse, self-harm, suicidal thinking and behaviors, and suicide.

Other symptoms include:

-Frantic efforts to avoid real or imagined abandonment (check)
-A pattern of intense and unstable relationships with family, friends, and loved ones, often swinging from extreme closeness and love (idealization) to extreme dislike or anger (devaluation) (he had some issues yes)
-Distorted and unstable self-image or sense of self (check)
-Impulsive and often dangerous behaviors, such as spending sprees, unsafe sex, substance abuse, reckless driving, and binge eating (
-Recurring suicidal behaviors or threats or self-harming behavior, such as cutting (self harmed according to autopsy)
-Intense and highly changeable moods, with each episode lasting from a few hours to a few days (check)
-Chronic feelings of emptiness (check)
-Inappropriate, intense anger or problems controlling anger (check)
-Having stress-related paranoid thoughts (check)
-Having severe dissociative symptoms, such as feeling cut off from oneself, observing oneself from outside the body, or losing touch with reality (REB his alter ego)
-Seemingly ordinary events may trigger symptoms. For example, people with borderline personality disorder may feel angry and distressed over minor separations—such as vacations, business trips, or -sudden changes of plans—from people to whom they feel close. (check)

Medications should not be used as the primary treatment for BPD as the benefits are unclear.
However, in some cases, a mental health professional may recommend medications to treat specific symptoms, such as mood swings, depression, or other disorders that may occur with BPD. Treatment with medications may require care from more than one medical professional.

he was complaining about feeling too normal (lightheaded much ?) on the frist medication zoloft he complained they made him homicidal and suicidal.
only what he got was Luvox which is same shi. as zoloft just different brand.
and from what i read i forgot the sites name . erics psychiatrist had no permission to prescribe meds.
Even Wayne & Kathy blame him for misleading them.
I would love to see documentas of this doc and the "treatments " Eric got

AnnunakiLady likes this post

Back to top Go down
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark

Contribution Points : 120753
Forum Reputation : 3191

Eric BPD much? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eric BPD much?   Eric BPD much? Icon_minitimeThu Nov 23, 2017 9:07 pm

Rebbie556 wrote:
-Frantic efforts to avoid real or imagined abandonment (check)
-A pattern of intense and unstable relationships with family, friends, and loved ones, often swinging from extreme closeness and love (idealization) to extreme dislike or anger (devaluation) (he had some issues yes)
-Distorted and unstable self-image or sense of self (check)
-Impulsive and often dangerous behaviors, such as spending sprees, unsafe sex, substance abuse, reckless driving, and binge eating (
-Recurring suicidal behaviors or threats or self-harming behavior, such as cutting (self harmed according to autopsy)
-Intense and highly changeable moods, with each episode lasting from a few hours to a few days (check)
-Chronic feelings of emptiness (check)
-Inappropriate, intense anger or problems controlling anger (check)
-Having stress-related paranoid thoughts (check)
-Having severe dissociative symptoms, such as feeling cut off from oneself, observing oneself from outside the body, or losing touch with reality (REB  his alter ego)
-Seemingly ordinary events may trigger symptoms. For example, people with borderline personality disorder may feel angry and distressed over minor separations—such as vacations, business trips, or -sudden changes of plans—from people to whom they feel close.  (check)

Now I haven't read the 11k, so I don't know for sure if you're right on this or not, but from the way you describe it, it sounds like a BPD diagnosis is much more applicable for Dylan rather than Eric. Mind going into greater detail?

itsgeorgann

Contribution Points : 59075
Forum Reputation : 0

Eric BPD much? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eric BPD much?   Eric BPD much? Icon_minitimeThu Nov 23, 2017 9:25 pm

Possible
Back to top Go down
Wumselito

Wumselito

Contribution Points : 65049

Eric BPD much? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eric BPD much?   Eric BPD much? Icon_minitimeThu Nov 23, 2017 9:44 pm

I've always thought of Dylan being more of a borderline personality myself.
Back to top Go down
Lavitax

Contribution Points : 65398

Eric BPD much? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eric BPD much?   Eric BPD much? Icon_minitimeFri Nov 24, 2017 5:19 am

Though Dylan did not have a pattern of intense or unstable relationships.  He maintained all of his friendships with no fights or major problems.  Yet, this is a fairly significant characteristic of BPD.  By contrast, Eric was often hot and cold and burned bridges with friends (i.e. Zack and Nate) until all he had left was Dylan.
Back to top Go down
Rebbie556

Eric BPD much? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eric BPD much?   Eric BPD much? Icon_minitimeFri Nov 24, 2017 12:34 pm

Lavitax wrote:
Though Dylan did not have a pattern of intense or unstable relationships.  He maintained all of his friendships with no fights or major problems.  Yet, this is a fairly significant characteristic of BPD.  By contrast, Eric was often hot and cold and burned bridges with friends (i.e. Zack and Nate) until all he had left was Dylan.

from what i read Eric had some issues with his parents he was closer to his mom than his dad.
Back to top Go down

Eric BPD much? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eric BPD much?   Eric BPD much? Icon_minitimeFri Nov 24, 2017 3:01 pm

There are several mental issues and disorders that Eric and Dylan both had symptoms of. Eric did indeed have several that are listed for BPD. But with neither studied while alive all is really just speculation.

Eric was being seen by Dr. Albert, but it will be a cold day in Hell before those session records are ever released.
Back to top Go down
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark

Eric BPD much? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eric BPD much?   Eric BPD much? Icon_minitimeFri Nov 24, 2017 8:22 pm

ShadowedGoddess wrote:
Eric was being seen by Dr. Albert, but it will be a cold day in Hell before those session records are ever released.  

What therapist was Dylan seeing, if I may ask?
Back to top Go down

Eric BPD much? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eric BPD much?   Eric BPD much? Icon_minitimeFri Nov 24, 2017 8:25 pm

QuestionMark wrote:
ShadowedGoddess wrote:

What therapist was seeing Dylan, if I may ask?

To my knowledge Dylan never saw a therapist. Although it is quite clear that he badly needed one.
Back to top Go down
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark

Eric BPD much? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eric BPD much?   Eric BPD much? Icon_minitimeFri Nov 24, 2017 8:32 pm

ShadowedGoddess wrote:
QuestionMark wrote:
ShadowedGoddess wrote:

To my knowledge Dylan never saw a therapist. Although it is quite clear that he badly needed one.

I wonder why they gave Eric a therapist and not Dylan. Strange.

Rebbie556

Eric BPD much? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eric BPD much?   Eric BPD much? Icon_minitimeFri Nov 24, 2017 8:38 pm

QuestionMark wrote:
ShadowedGoddess wrote:
QuestionMark wrote:
ShadowedGoddess wrote:

I wonder why they gave Eric a therapist and not Dylan. Strange.

i wonder that too... is there anything mentioned in sue´s book (a mothers reckoning)about dylan seeing therapist ?or his mental state?
as i know he had medications too johnsons wort (correct the name of it if its wrong).
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Other Crimes Moderator & Top 10 Contributor
Screamingophelia

Contribution Points : 193607
Forum Reputation : 1317

Eric BPD much? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eric BPD much?   Eric BPD much? Icon_minitimeFri Nov 24, 2017 8:44 pm

IMHO, Eric had already exhibited anger issues and things like that, Dylan did not. So it seemed like it would make more sense to send Eric to a doctor.

Dylan cultivated a persona for himself that helped him fool a lot of people. Eric was a bit more open with his emotions and anger, more so than Dylan though he did have times where he let it out like in gym class.

Sue said in her book she found an empty bottle of St. Johns Wort and I think there was one in his car too.

Dylan knew he was depressed, he was a cutter too but was self sufficient and felt he didn't need help.

After the van incident, according to AMR, they talked about whether or not Dylan needed a counselor. He said he didn't and he would prove to them that he didn't need one. They said it was fine but they may revisit it.

Dylan desperately needed help, but he'd have to be honest with the therapist to begin with. His mom said in her book even if they forced him to go, Dylan probably would have sat there and not said anything.

anna444 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Eric BPD much? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eric BPD much?   Eric BPD much? Icon_minitimeFri Nov 24, 2017 8:54 pm

Screamingophelia wrote:
IMHO, Eric had already exhibited anger issues and things like that, Dylan did not. So it seemed like it would make more sense to send Eric to a doctor.

Dylan cultivated a persona for himself that helped him fool a lot of people. Eric was a bit more open with his emotions and anger, more so than Dylan though he did have times where he let it out like in gym class.

Sue said in her book she found an empty bottle of St. Johns Wort and I think there was one in his car too.

Dylan knew he was depressed, he was a cutter too but was self sufficient and felt he didn't need help.

After the van incident, according to AMR, they talked about whether or not Dylan needed a counselor. He said he didn't and he would prove to them that he didn't need one. They said it was fine but they may revisit it.

Dylan desperately needed help, but he'd have to be honest with the therapist to begin with. His mom said in her book even if they forced him to go, Dylan probably would have sat there and not said anything.

Agreed. Dylan was hell bent on proving that he didn't need to be in therapy. Outwardly he seemed to have gotten his shit together enough for his parents to think he was back on the right track. While inside he was still on his way to NBK.

THIS is just one of the reason why I think Dylan was the better manipulator.
Back to top Go down
Rebbie556

Eric BPD much? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eric BPD much?   Eric BPD much? Icon_minitimeFri Nov 24, 2017 8:58 pm

ShadowedGoddess wrote:
Screamingophelia wrote:

Agreed. Dylan was hell bent on proving that he didn't need to be in therapy. Outwardly he seemed to have gotten his shit together enough for his parents to think he was back on the right track. While inside he was still on his way to NBK.  

THIS is just one of the reason why I think Dylan was the better manipulator.  

uhm ya sure he didnt need help?
he mentioned in his diary in 97 going on a killing spree with a female before eric.
Means Eric was not in the plan at that time?
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Other Crimes Moderator & Top 10 Contributor
Screamingophelia

Contribution Points : 193607
Forum Reputation : 1317

Eric BPD much? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eric BPD much?   Eric BPD much? Icon_minitimeFri Nov 24, 2017 9:15 pm

I think Dylan needed help, Dylan didn't think he needed help I was saying. He was able to convince his parents he was fine. He needed a lot of help, he was spiraling from the time he was 15/16.

Those who think Eric was a better manipulator than Dylan have not remotely studied Dylan....

anna444 likes this post

Back to top Go down
Rebbie556

Eric BPD much? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eric BPD much?   Eric BPD much? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2018 8:01 pm

what I´m pretty sure about is that Eric had Asthenophobia which is fear of weakness.
Back to top Go down

Eric BPD much? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eric BPD much?   Eric BPD much? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 30, 2018 6:59 am

I think both had APD. But Dylan and Eric had different variations of the disorder. Dylan was more cunning and manipulative. Eric was more angry and outwardly homicidal.
Back to top Go down
42099_4EVA

42099_4EVA

Contribution Points : 66260
Forum Reputation : 28

Eric BPD much? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eric BPD much?   Eric BPD much? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 30, 2018 2:02 pm

Well....I'm one who honestly don't think Dylan needed mental help. I think Dylan just never wanted to be here, in this existence. That's not mental in my opinion. He was depressed because he was happy in this existence, in this dimensional plane. I honestly believe that Dylan was just never meant for this world. His existence was meant for so much more and for so much better than this world. I feel like he was so miserable because this existence, this world wasn't his home.

Now Eric, Eric needed mental help because Eric didn't mind being here, but he had a lot of hurt and pain bottled up within him and he didn't know any other way to express it than through anger and rage. Eric also had zero self esteem despite him being a great looking kid, a smart looking kid. Eric - in my opinion, needed mental anger help and mental self esteem help. He needed mental help to learn that he was good enough. Also he needed mental help to help him heal from a lot of the physical and mental trauma that occurred to him prior to the planning of NBK.
Back to top Go down
Jea

Jea

Contribution Points : 58667
Forum Reputation : 10

Eric BPD much? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eric BPD much?   Eric BPD much? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 30, 2018 10:18 pm

I think both of them, especially Dylan, was very confused and had wrong perceptions about death because of religion background in their family. No offense, but religion is very depreciate a value of live, and person who is struggle in depression have a wrong feeling that after death will be sort of better world.
Dylan meant to be here, because there no other choice - one life. also you should remember his age, you know teenagers are very sensitive and could be very self-destructive. But c'mon in our days depression can threat very well.

42099_4EVA

42099_4EVA

Contribution Points : 66260
Forum Reputation : 28

Eric BPD much? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eric BPD much?   Eric BPD much? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 30, 2018 10:26 pm

Jea wrote:
I think both of them, especially Dylan, was very confused and had wrong perceptions about death because of religion background in their family. No offense, but religion is very depreciate a value of live, and person who is struggle in depression have a wrong feeling that after death will be sort of better world.
Dylan meant to be here, because there no other choice - one life. also you should remember his age, you know teenagers are very sensitive and could be very self-destructive. But c'mon in our days depression can threat very well.

Well I'm an atheist but the reason why I say I don't think Dylan was meant to be here is because people like Dylan were meant for so much more than what this world had and has to offer. Some people are too good for this world. Sometimes when I think of Dylan, I think of that film Powder, where the main character was from another world but was brought into this world and could never fit in, could never adapt, he could never understand the people of this world, because this world wasn't his home and he was miserable here until he went home. That's how I think Dylan was, in my opinion (and that's just because I believe there are other dimensional worlds beyond this one).
Back to top Go down
Jea

Jea

Contribution Points : 58667
Forum Reputation : 10

Eric BPD much? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eric BPD much?   Eric BPD much? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 30, 2018 11:21 pm

42099_4EVA wrote:
Jea wrote:

Well I'm an atheist but the reason why I say I don't think Dylan was meant to be here is because people like Dylan were meant for so much more than what this world had and has to offer. Some people are too good for this world. Sometimes when I think of Dylan, I think of that film Powder, where the main character was from another world but was brought into this world and could never fit in, could never adapt, he could never understand the people of this world, because this world wasn't his home and he was miserable here until he went home. That's how I think Dylan was, in my opinion (and that's just because I believe there are other dimensional worlds beyond this one).
Don't blame the world, here is a place for everyone, so it's very important to abstract yourself and sublimate your angst in something useful, but Dylan was very concentrated on his inner pain, cultivated it and associated himself only with negation of his existence. There is no need to understand people, it's more important to understand yourself.

Fatheroftwo

Contribution Points : 83638

Eric BPD much? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eric BPD much?   Eric BPD much? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2018 12:05 am

ShadowedGoddess wrote:
There are several mental issues and disorders that Eric and Dylan both had symptoms of.  Eric did indeed have several that are listed for BPD. But with neither studied while alive all is really just speculation.

Indeed, we'll never see those records. Dr. Albert is not well regarded in his field and with that I'm being very kind.

Mental health is a national issue and quite frankly it's very difficult to get proper care. I pray the study develops a break through in the coming years, but right now it's in dire need of attention and advancement in care.
Back to top Go down
Rebbie556

Eric BPD much? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eric BPD much?   Eric BPD much? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2018 1:50 am

I read&posted the reviews of dr.albert. As I said he has bad reviews and patients recommended to take pictures of your records .do you agree with the Harris about that psychologist?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Eric BPD much? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eric BPD much?   Eric BPD much? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Eric BPD much?
Page 1 of 1