Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Would Eric have gone NBK in Plattsburgh?

Go down 
+2
Screamingophelia
LPorter101
6 posters
AuthorMessage
LPorter101
Top 10 Contributor
LPorter101

Contribution Points : 150615
Forum Reputation : 2754

Would Eric have gone NBK in Plattsburgh? Empty
PostSubject: Would Eric have gone NBK in Plattsburgh?   Would Eric have gone NBK in Plattsburgh? Icon_minitimeTue Nov 28, 2017 2:36 pm

Or Michigan?

Somehow I doubt it.

I take Eric at face value when he says that having to move across the country so many times, starting over every time, fucked him up.

What do you think?

PostSubject: Re: Would Eric have gone NBK in Plattsburgh?   Would Eric have gone NBK in Plattsburgh? Icon_minitimeTue Nov 28, 2017 2:42 pm

I agree. Eric's problems didn't start until that last move. Before that he seemed like a typical teenager. Or at least hadn't shown any outward signs of things not being right with him.
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Other Crimes Moderator & Top 10 Contributor
Screamingophelia

Contribution Points : 193207
Forum Reputation : 1317

PostSubject: Re: Would Eric have gone NBK in Plattsburgh?   Would Eric have gone NBK in Plattsburgh? Icon_minitimeTue Nov 28, 2017 2:49 pm

Nope! His friends from Michigan and Plattsburgh were shocked.

I remember the 60 minutes interview where they showed the footage of Eric playing soccer with his friends and he looked so happy, they all really liked him. He also needed Dylan as much as Dylan needed Eric. Not to hijack, but could Dylan have been a lone wolf shooter?

It's telling that none of Eric's friends outside of Colorado believed it could've been him but a lot of people he went to school with at Columbine weren't shocked.

PostSubject: Re: Would Eric have gone NBK in Plattsburgh?   Would Eric have gone NBK in Plattsburgh? Icon_minitimeTue Nov 28, 2017 2:52 pm

Screamingophelia wrote:
Not to hijack, but could Dylan have been a lone wolf shooter?

Not a chance! He couldn't even kill himself even after being suicidal for years. I seriously doubt him just snapping and going on a shooting spree alone.
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: Would Eric have gone NBK in Plattsburgh?   Would Eric have gone NBK in Plattsburgh? Icon_minitimeTue Nov 28, 2017 2:55 pm

I agree. I just wanted to put it out there. I don't think either of the boys would've done anything like it without each other.

PostSubject: Re: Would Eric have gone NBK in Plattsburgh?   Would Eric have gone NBK in Plattsburgh? Icon_minitimeTue Nov 28, 2017 2:59 pm

Screamingophelia wrote:
I agree.  I just wanted to put it out there. I don't think either of the boys would've done anything like it without each other.

I agree with that! Alone Eric would have likely continued his hate filled rants online, and Dylan pinning for love and his own death. But together they were indeed a volatile mix.
Back to top Go down
Littlelo

Littlelo

Contribution Points : 66478
Forum Reputation : 90

PostSubject: Re: Would Eric have gone NBK in Plattsburgh?   Would Eric have gone NBK in Plattsburgh? Icon_minitimeTue Nov 28, 2017 5:32 pm

I don't believe Eric's moving was the sole factor leading up to NBK, but I believe it had a huge impact. Not only would he have had a chance to form long term friendships and feel more a part of his community, but he also would have never met Dylan. They fed off of each other's rage. I don't believe he would have done it.
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: Would Eric have gone NBK in Plattsburgh?   Would Eric have gone NBK in Plattsburgh? Icon_minitimeTue Nov 28, 2017 5:48 pm

They were looking for that friend where they could truly be themselves with and they found each other, sadly that spelled disaster for so many people.

Littlelo

PostSubject: Re: Would Eric have gone NBK in Plattsburgh?   Would Eric have gone NBK in Plattsburgh? Icon_minitimeTue Nov 28, 2017 7:01 pm

Screamingophelia wrote:
They were looking for that friend where they could truly  be themselves with and they found each other, sadly that spelled disaster for so many people.

It's a shame because so many people probably envy their friendship on some level. How much they trusted each other and the things they did with/for each other. It's just a shame they couldn't have gotten help.

Do you think they had the type of friendship where, if NBK never happened, E and D would still be friends or at least keep in touch today?
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: Would Eric have gone NBK in Plattsburgh?   Would Eric have gone NBK in Plattsburgh? Icon_minitimeTue Nov 28, 2017 10:07 pm

I wonder how their other close friends felt about the fact that they were willing to die together. That's heavy. It would screw with my mind for a long time.

I think it would depend if Eric went into the military. They may be Facebook friends today, if NBK never happened I think they would have stayed friends though.

Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark

Contribution Points : 120353
Forum Reputation : 3191

PostSubject: Re: Would Eric have gone NBK in Plattsburgh?   Would Eric have gone NBK in Plattsburgh? Icon_minitimeTue Nov 28, 2017 10:26 pm

Littlelo wrote:
Do you think they had the type of friendship where, if NBK never happened, E and D would still be friends or at least keep in touch today?

I think NBK was an integral part of their friendship.

Littlelo

Littlelo

PostSubject: Re: Would Eric have gone NBK in Plattsburgh?   Would Eric have gone NBK in Plattsburgh? Icon_minitimeTue Nov 28, 2017 10:30 pm

QuestionMark wrote:
Littlelo wrote:

I think NBK was an integral part of their friendship.

I think so, too. I think their sadness and rage kept them together. Had they been able to grow up and mature, maybe they would have kept in touch, but I don't think they would have stayed close.
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: Would Eric have gone NBK in Plattsburgh?   Would Eric have gone NBK in Plattsburgh? Icon_minitimeTue Nov 28, 2017 10:36 pm

There's been a lot of interpretation of Dylan's "maybe I'll just go NBK (Gawd) with Eric" as meaning he couldn't believe he was going to do it with Eric. I may also be interpreting it differently because I listened to AMR read by Sue and in the audio book she uses a certain inflection that makes is sound like Dylan is irritated.

I imagine their paths in life would have taken them in different directions if they never did NBK and they were still alive.

At the risk of sounding sappy, I do sometimes wonder if they had a good bye moment with each other, maybe the night before like "we're really going to do this, this is it, you're an awesome friend, remember that time such and such happened. Well see you tomorrow"

Littlelo

PostSubject: Re: Would Eric have gone NBK in Plattsburgh?   Would Eric have gone NBK in Plattsburgh? Icon_minitimeTue Nov 28, 2017 10:39 pm

Screamingophelia wrote:

At the risk of sounding sappy, I do sometimes wonder if they had a good bye moment with each other, maybe the night before like "we're really going to do this, this is it, you're an awesome friend, remember that time such and such happened. Well see you tomorrow"

I don't think it's sappy at all. It's something many people have probably wondered because it's pretty much impossible to imagine being in that situation and understanding their feelings and their dynamic with one another.

I think this is another reason people want to see the final basement tape so bad.
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: Would Eric have gone NBK in Plattsburgh?   Would Eric have gone NBK in Plattsburgh? Icon_minitimeTue Nov 28, 2017 10:46 pm

I think if they're out there we will see them eventually one day, the Basement Tapes.

They had to have had a heart to heart before.

Do you remember if Zach, Robyn or Devon talked to Dylan that night on 4/19. The 3 of them said they talked to Dylan a lot on the phone in the evening. We have no way of knowing what Eric did unless his parents ever talk. I assume played video games or played with Sparky.

Littlelo

PostSubject: Re: Would Eric have gone NBK in Plattsburgh?   Would Eric have gone NBK in Plattsburgh? Icon_minitimeTue Nov 28, 2017 10:51 pm

Screamingophelia wrote:
I think if they're out there we will see them eventually one day, the Basement Tapes.

They had to have had a heart to heart before.

Do you remember if Zach, Robyn or Devon talked to Dylan that night on 4/19. The 3 of them said they talked to Dylan a lot on the phone in the evening. We have no way of knowing what Eric did unless his parents ever talk. I assume played video games or played with Sparky.

Zach talked to Dylan on the phone the night before

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: Would Eric have gone NBK in Plattsburgh?   Would Eric have gone NBK in Plattsburgh? Icon_minitimeTue Nov 28, 2017 10:52 pm

Thank you Littlelo

Contribution Points : 70298
Forum Reputation : 345

PostSubject: Re: Would Eric have gone NBK in Plattsburgh?   Would Eric have gone NBK in Plattsburgh? Icon_minitimeWed Nov 29, 2017 12:35 am

No. There are so many variables that i could be on here all night listing them.
Back to top Go down
Rebbie556

Contribution Points : 92006
Forum Reputation : 225

PostSubject: Re: Would Eric have gone NBK in Plattsburgh?   Would Eric have gone NBK in Plattsburgh? Icon_minitimeThu Dec 07, 2017 4:57 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] footage? I’ve never seen that
Do you have link ? I only saw the video with little leagues picture but footage never heard about that....
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: Would Eric have gone NBK in Plattsburgh?   Would Eric have gone NBK in Plattsburgh? Icon_minitimeThu Dec 07, 2017 5:01 pm

It's from a longer 60 mins doc. I know a lot of people have been trying to find it

I saw it when I was a teen.

PostSubject: Re: Would Eric have gone NBK in Plattsburgh?   Would Eric have gone NBK in Plattsburgh? Icon_minitimeSat Dec 09, 2017 9:38 am

ShadowedGoddess wrote:
Screamingophelia wrote:

Not a chance! He couldn't even kill himself even after being suicidal for years. I seriously doubt him just snapping and going on a shooting spree alone.
I disagree.

If a timid recluse like Seung Hui Cho could kill 32 innocent people then himself - then so could Dylan Klebold.
Back to top Go down
Littlelo

Littlelo

PostSubject: Re: Would Eric have gone NBK in Plattsburgh?   Would Eric have gone NBK in Plattsburgh? Icon_minitimeSat Dec 09, 2017 9:43 am

Ivan wrote:
ShadowedGoddess wrote:
Screamingophelia wrote:

I disagree.

If a timid recluse like Seung Hui Cho could kill 32 innocent people then himself - then so could Dylan Klebold.

I agree that shyness doesn't mean he wasn't capable, but do you think Dylan specifically would have been able to plan and organize it all without Eric? I feel like Eric brought the motivation that Dylan lacked. Not to say he wasn't just as integral to the planning, I just think having another person involved was an important part of it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Would Eric have gone NBK in Plattsburgh?   Would Eric have gone NBK in Plattsburgh? Icon_minitimeSat Dec 09, 2017 9:50 am

Littlelo wrote:
Ivan wrote:
ShadowedGoddess wrote:
Screamingophelia wrote:

I disagree.

I agree that shyness doesn't mean he wasn't capable, but do you think Dylan specifically would have been able to plan and organize it all without Eric? I feel like Eric brought the motivation that Dylan lacked. Not to say he wasn't just as integral to the planning, I just think having another person involved was an important part of it.
I don't know about organize it - Dylan was very spontaneous and sociopathic like. I think if he found a gun somewhere and a few rounds of ammo he'd shoot up some place.

He would practically become Michael Douglas from Falling Down IMO.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Would Eric have gone NBK in Plattsburgh?   Would Eric have gone NBK in Plattsburgh? Icon_minitimeSat Dec 09, 2017 9:53 am

Maybe Robert Hawkins is a better example. I could see Dylan doing something like that on his own if given the right opportunity.
Back to top Go down
Littlelo

Littlelo

PostSubject: Re: Would Eric have gone NBK in Plattsburgh?   Would Eric have gone NBK in Plattsburgh? Icon_minitimeSat Dec 09, 2017 9:55 am

Ivan wrote:
Maybe Robert Hawkins is a better example. I could see Dylan doing something like that on his own if given the right opportunity.

Yeah, I feel like if he acted alone it would have been more spontaneous. The main thing would be, he definitely didn't want to make it out alive. He just wanted to take people with him.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Would Eric have gone NBK in Plattsburgh?   Would Eric have gone NBK in Plattsburgh? Icon_minitimeSat Dec 09, 2017 9:59 am

Littlelo wrote:
Ivan wrote:

Yeah, I feel like if he acted alone it would have been more spontaneous. The main thing would be, he definitely didn't want to make it out alive. He just wanted to take people with him.
Well he wouldn't be obsessed with dates like Eric was and the planning.

Just one day he'd feel like killing people, find a gun somewhere and it'd be all she wrote.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Would Eric have gone NBK in Plattsburgh?   Would Eric have gone NBK in Plattsburgh? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Would Eric have gone NBK in Plattsburgh?
Page 1 of 1