Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Speculation Time

Go down 
+3
QuestionMark
Tuga
Screamingophelia
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Screamingophelia
Other Crimes Moderator & Top 10 Contributor
Screamingophelia

Contribution Points : 193207
Forum Reputation : 1317

Speculation Time Empty
PostSubject: Speculation Time   Speculation Time Icon_minitimeTue Dec 05, 2017 1:09 pm

I was thinking today about the evidence we don't have and things that are redacted and sealed etc..What don't we have and how would it affect our view on the case, E&D, their parents, JeffCo, the school....

The big one, the Basement Tapes. Say they took out the bomb making info and bleeped out or removed the people they talked badly about, what else is in it that we can't see? Would it be SO bad? I imagine it would dispel a lot of the allure of "E and D being bad ass and godlike" no they were dorks ranting and raving about crap.

What do we think the school covered up?

Why are the depositions being held for so long, even though the victims families even have said "release them we want to talk about what we heard from the Klebold's and Harris's"

Back to top Go down
Tuga

Contribution Points : 64417
Forum Reputation : 0

Speculation Time Empty
PostSubject: Re: Speculation Time   Speculation Time Icon_minitimeTue Dec 05, 2017 1:50 pm

I'll always be baffled by the principal's PR. Had this happened where I live, he would have been hanged, drawn and quartered for letting this happen under his watch.
Back to top Go down
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark

Contribution Points : 120353
Forum Reputation : 3191

Speculation Time Empty
PostSubject: Re: Speculation Time   Speculation Time Icon_minitimeTue Dec 05, 2017 2:01 pm

Screamingophelia wrote:
I imagine it would dispel a lot of the allure of "E and D being bad ass and godlike" no they were dorks ranting and raving about crap.

Considering the fact that even Randy Stair, who was a transsexual brony who committed his murder spree in order to be with his ghost waifu, has fans, I think that anyone who wants to idolize Eric and Dylan will continue to do so no matter what.

Littlelo

Littlelo

Contribution Points : 66478
Forum Reputation : 90

Speculation Time Empty
PostSubject: Re: Speculation Time   Speculation Time Icon_minitimeTue Dec 05, 2017 2:07 pm

I think no matter how much you redact from TBT, it would not matter. There were several reasons they chose not to release them. From my understanding, most of all they just didn't want kids to have more of a blueprint or something to emulate. Even though we are told by people that they seemed more immature and posturing than intimidating, younger "fans" may not have seen them that way.

Edit: but to tie this into your point more, I do think it could change our view on Columbine, specifically E&D's behavior and personalities (for those of us that aren't "fans" of them)
Back to top Go down

Speculation Time Empty
PostSubject: Re: Speculation Time   Speculation Time Icon_minitimeTue Dec 05, 2017 2:26 pm

QuestionMark wrote:
Screamingophelia wrote:
I imagine it would dispel a lot of the allure of "E and D being bad ass and godlike" no they were dorks ranting and raving about crap.

Considering the fact that even Randy Stair, who was a transsexual brony who committed his murder spree in order to be with his ghost waifu, has fans, I think that anyone who wants to idolize Eric and Dylan will continue to do so no matter what.

To true.
Back to top Go down
Littlelo

Littlelo

Speculation Time Empty
PostSubject: Re: Speculation Time   Speculation Time Icon_minitimeTue Dec 05, 2017 2:38 pm

Good point about Randy Stair. He obsessed over their suicide photo....the one piece of evidence that (to me) would be the most hard to stomach and did not show E&D as strong, intimidating, or triumphant. To someone like Randy, reality was already skewed. You can't anticipate what to redact and what to release unless you can think like them.
Back to top Go down
munchkinphone

Contribution Points : 63814

Speculation Time Empty
PostSubject: Re: Speculation Time   Speculation Time Icon_minitimeTue Dec 05, 2017 3:52 pm

Screamingophelia wrote:

I think this is exactly what they are afraid of. People realizing that Eric and Dylan just were dorks with twisted minds and that people are capable of doing horrible things without having a specific kind of personality which allows it.

Maybe that is also why they say Eric is a psychopath and Dylan was a depressed follower.

I dont like oversimplifying things like that, but it is true that to quickly judge them as people who are disturbed in many ways contributes to a view of killers as a specific type of unhuman beings that you have to go through various steps to become. This belief can make angry little teenagors surpress their excessive feelings until they are old enough to understand what to do with them (therapy), and by that time they will need lots of it.

Sad but true, I think that is the reason.
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

Speculation Time Empty
PostSubject: Re: Speculation Time   Speculation Time Icon_minitimeTue Dec 05, 2017 6:05 pm

munchkinphone wrote:
Screamingophelia wrote:

I think this is exactly what they are afraid of. People realizing that Eric and Dylan just were dorks with twisted minds and that people are capable of doing horrible things without having a specific kind of personality which allows it.

Maybe that is also why they say Eric is a psychopath and Dylan was a depressed follower.

I dont like oversimplifying things like that, but it is true that to quickly judge them as people who are disturbed in many ways contributes to a view of killers as a specific type of unhuman beings that you have to go through various steps to become. This belief can make angry little teenagors surpress their excessive feelings until they are old enough to understand what to do with them (therapy), and by that time they will need lots of it.

Sad but true, I think that is the reason.

I agree. I can't really add anything right now Smile

Back to top Go down
Lunkhead McGrath

Contribution Points : 76111
Forum Reputation : 225

Speculation Time Empty
PostSubject: Re: Speculation Time   Speculation Time Icon_minitimeWed Dec 06, 2017 8:28 am

TBT would likely be a disappointment IMO--two kids in a basement talking shit. I thought it was already widely known that nobody they were talking shit about died on 4/20/99.

Nobody should think E&D were godlike or badass to begin with. There's nothing godlike about shooting unarmed people.
Back to top Go down
Littlelo

Littlelo

Speculation Time Empty
PostSubject: Re: Speculation Time   Speculation Time Icon_minitimeWed Dec 06, 2017 8:33 am

I agree, the tapes would take a lot of the mystery out of Columbine and show E&D for who they truly were.

Interesting to note- though no one mentioned on the tapes may have been a victim on 4/20, I read in the 11k that one of the people found on a hit list was a library survivor.
Back to top Go down
munchkinphone

Speculation Time Empty
PostSubject: Re: Speculation Time   Speculation Time Icon_minitimeWed Dec 06, 2017 8:46 am

I feel like the only reason I want to see the tapes is to analyse the bodylanguage between Eric and Dylan to understand their relationship better.

Even a mute video would do, though tone of voice can tell alot about a person as well. Hmm..

Especially the tone of voice when the whole Jewish thing came up.

Here's a funny question, maybe I should make a poll, Would you rather have the full audio of the basementtapes or the video on mute?
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

Speculation Time Empty
PostSubject: Re: Speculation Time   Speculation Time Icon_minitimeWed Dec 06, 2017 8:54 am

munchkinphone wrote:
I feel like the only reason I want to see the tapes is to analyse the bodylanguage between Eric and Dylan to understand their relationship better.

Even a mute video would do, though tone of voice can tell alot about a person as well. Hmm..

Here's a funny question, maybe I should make a poll, Would you rather have the full audio of the basementtapes or the video on mute?

I agree, I want to see the whole Jewish thing because both Sue and Judy say Eric becomes angry and Dylan looks scared. I assume there's more to it then that.

That is a good question.. maybe video on mute, because at least you can also see their facial expressions.
Back to top Go down
munchkinphone

Speculation Time Empty
PostSubject: Re: Speculation Time   Speculation Time Icon_minitimeWed Dec 06, 2017 9:02 am

Screamingophelia wrote:
munchkinphone wrote:

I agree, I want to see the whole Jewish thing because both Sue and Judy say Eric becomes angry and Dylan looks scared. I assume there's more to it then that.

That is a good question.. maybe video on mute, because at least you can also see their facial expressions.

Yes, also I want to know how much they were facing the camera versus each other and how close. In what videos they are excited and in what videos they are more relaxed. But if you think about how shitty their cameras were.. man I dont know..
Back to top Go down
Littlelo

Littlelo

Speculation Time Empty
PostSubject: Re: Speculation Time   Speculation Time Icon_minitimeWed Dec 06, 2017 9:07 am

The Jewish thing is something I am very interested in seeing. Eric drew a damn swastika in Dylan's yearbook, he was pretty open about his hatred in that regard.
Back to top Go down

Speculation Time Empty
PostSubject: Re: Speculation Time   Speculation Time Icon_minitimeWed Dec 06, 2017 9:13 am

Littlelo wrote:
The Jewish thing is something I am very interested in seeing. Eric drew a damn swastika in Dylan's yearbook, he was pretty open about his hatred in that regard.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Sorry just found this and died! Haha Roll

Also I think the person who made this is a member of the forum. scratch So if you see this all credit goes to you! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

Speculation Time Empty
PostSubject: Re: Speculation Time   Speculation Time Icon_minitimeWed Dec 06, 2017 9:22 am

ShadowedGoddess wrote:
Littlelo wrote:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Sorry just found this and died! Haha Roll

Also I think the person who made this is a member of the forum. scratch So if you see this all credit goes to you! Very Happy

LOL

I would have loved to hear the opinion of an unbiased person. Judy already hates Eric and Sue is Dylan's mom so they are going to see that moment as a "poor Dylan, he's afraid, why couldn't he just leave. Damn Eric"

Back to top Go down
Littlelo

Littlelo

Speculation Time Empty
PostSubject: Re: Speculation Time   Speculation Time Icon_minitimeWed Dec 06, 2017 9:27 am

Omgggg lol

I agree - an unbiased opinion would be good.
Back to top Go down
Holloka

Holloka

Contribution Points : 66623

Speculation Time Empty
PostSubject: Re: Speculation Time   Speculation Time Icon_minitimeWed Dec 06, 2017 3:42 pm

(My main reason is to doubt how authentic of a nazi Eric was is the fact he didn't notice Dylan's obvious jewish heritage. Save for the blue eyes and light hair, he could have been a poster-child of jew boys)

As for the basement tapes, it is true that school shooters mimic Eric and Dylan constantly. I remember recently someone here on the forums linked a Ted talk of this professor who said E&D basically became the forefathers of all school shooters after them, and I kinda-sorta-little bit agree there.

And I think that's a good thing, because E&D were pretty dumb. A large reason why shootings in schools are thwarted lately is because these youth mimic them, making them blatantly easy to predict and get busted early.

- Trench coat because E&D wore them: it's not like people in school will notice.
- Hiding the stash of ammo and weapons in your own room because Eric did it - your parents would surely never find them.
- Writing everything down in an actual paper diary (that can be also conveniently found by your parents) because E&D did that - no way your detailed descriptions of a planned massacre would ever rouse suspicion, I mean, why would it.
- Taking pictures of yourself posing with firearms, or downright video manifestos because E&D did that - no way anyone has a chance of finding that before your little "judgement day", don't worry... But even if they would, who would ever doubt your good intentions?

I wish we would have a Kappa emoji on here  Haha

E&D were crooks and they didn't mean this little inch for us, but credit where credit is due. They made it a little bit easier to spot those who need to be spotted.

Littlelo

Speculation Time Empty
PostSubject: Re: Speculation Time   Speculation Time Icon_minitimeWed Dec 06, 2017 4:03 pm

Very good points about E&D's precedents. Anyone who uses what they did as a guide is exponentially increasing their chances of failing or getting caught. They certainly were not masterminds.
Back to top Go down
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark

Contribution Points : 120353
Forum Reputation : 3191

Speculation Time Empty
PostSubject: Re: Speculation Time   Speculation Time Icon_minitimeWed Dec 06, 2017 5:12 pm

Holloka wrote:
- Trench coat because E&D wore them: it's not like people in school will notice.
- Hiding the stash of ammo and weapons in your own room because Eric did it - your parents would surely never find them.
- Writing everything down in an actual paper diary (that can be also conveniently found by your parents) because E&D did that - no way your detailed descriptions of a planned massacre would ever rouse suspicion, I mean, why would it.
- Taking pictures of yourself posing with firearms, or downright video manifestos because E&D did that - no way anyone has a chance of finding that before your little "judgement day", don't worry... But even if they would, who would ever doubt your good intentions?

Don't forget
- Trying to find a partner for your rampage, because it's not like you could be reported by someone who isn't into mass murder.
- Making bombs, which require a great deal of expertise and care to perfect and create, which you'll totally be able to pull off - all while attracting no suspicion to yourself of course.

Now that being said, an alarmingly large number of plots were foiled only because the would be shooter(s) made a simple mistake or one person recognized a threat as a threat and not a joke or prank.

Littlelo

Littlelo

Speculation Time Empty
PostSubject: Re: Speculation Time   Speculation Time Icon_minitimeWed Dec 06, 2017 7:13 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] As could have easily happened with Columbine. It's crazy how many pieces there were that just didn't come together in time.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Speculation Time Empty
PostSubject: Re: Speculation Time   Speculation Time Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Speculation Time
Page 1 of 1