Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Speculation: the last songs they ever listened to?

Go down 
+7
cakeman
garbagetalker1
Saoradh
Lunkhead McGrath
QuestionMark
Screamingophelia
aperiogaming
11 posters
AuthorMessage
aperiogaming

Contribution Points : 57403
Forum Reputation : 0

Speculation: the last songs they ever listened to? Empty
PostSubject: Speculation: the last songs they ever listened to?   Speculation: the last songs they ever listened to? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 18, 2018 4:30 pm

It's something that rings in my mind recently when I consider Columbine and the day of the massacre itself.

I know Eric and Dylan were both big into music and I always wonder what the last songs they heard were?

I'd imagine Eric listening to something energetic to pump him up - he mentioned Son of A Gun by KMFDM pumped him up for soccer games, if I remember correctly. On the other hand, I could picture Dylan listening to a very slow, NIN song as he prepared to finally say goodbye.

Thoughts?
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Other Crimes Moderator & Top 10 Contributor
Screamingophelia

Contribution Points : 192899
Forum Reputation : 1317

PostSubject: Re: Speculation: the last songs they ever listened to?   Speculation: the last songs they ever listened to? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 18, 2018 4:44 pm

I thought of son of a gun for Eric as well!

Not to be on the nose but I think Dylan listened to Wrath by KMFDM before he went in

Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark

Contribution Points : 119628
Forum Reputation : 3191

PostSubject: Re: Speculation: the last songs they ever listened to?   Speculation: the last songs they ever listened to? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 18, 2018 5:12 pm

I wonder if Dylan listened to the NIN album The Downward Spiral before going to the school.

Lunkhead McGrath

Contribution Points : 75386
Forum Reputation : 225

PostSubject: Re: Speculation: the last songs they ever listened to?   Speculation: the last songs they ever listened to? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 18, 2018 6:17 pm

I bet they both binge-listened three straight hours of Smash Mouth before that fateful morning. Fuckin' 90s kids!!!
Back to top Go down
Saoradh

Saoradh

Contribution Points : 37254
Forum Reputation : 175

PostSubject: Re: Speculation: the last songs they ever listened to?   Speculation: the last songs they ever listened to? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 04, 2021 2:49 pm

The Verve - Bittersweet Symphony: It was playing on Eric's car radio two weeks before Columbine.

Vluptune dislikes this post

Back to top Go down
garbagetalker1

garbagetalker1

Contribution Points : 25312

PostSubject: Re: Speculation: the last songs they ever listened to?   Speculation: the last songs they ever listened to? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 04, 2021 4:45 pm

Sadgasm wrote:
The Verve - Bittersweet Symphony: It was playing on Eric's car radio two weeks before Columbine.

cap

Vluptune likes this post

Back to top Go down
cakeman

cakeman

Contribution Points : 79172
Forum Reputation : 1491

PostSubject: Re: Speculation: the last songs they ever listened to?   Speculation: the last songs they ever listened to? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 06, 2021 5:32 pm

Rachel liked the Verve.

Of course, I don't know, but something on KMFDM's Xtort or "Symbols" is probably your best guess. Son of A Gun, Wrath, Stray Bullet, Dogma, Anarchy, Power, Megalomaniac, one of those.

Strange how it's so often "KMFDM for Eric,  NIN for Dylan", when they both liked both. Eric had NIN written on his backpack. They both played Quake. Nails were used as shrapnel surely for that reason. Ultimate DOOM has an homage to NIN.

Then Dylan had the Xtort shirt on the day of the van break in, the Wrath shirt on the day of the massacre. Dylan writes "My wrath for January's incident will be godlike", mentioning in one sentence two KMFDM songs, the van breakin, and the massacre, granted in Eric's yearbook.

It seems they got introduced to lots of their music from the 95 and 97 Mortal Kombat film CDs. Brooks said he played a lot of Mortal Kombat with Dylan.

Personally, I find it more interesting to think about what it was from the songs that influenced the plan, rather than what was the last song they ever heard. For example one could probably switch Patti's phone call for the beginning of "Power".

Hard to imagine something gloomy for that day. Killing themselves was only to come after much excitement.  And of course, there's always video game music like DOOM's first level theme. James Holmes shot up a movie theater, as does Duke Nukem 3D in the first level, and was cryptic about what music was in his earphones. "Techno" he said. I have to wonder if it was Duke.
Back to top Go down
Koschei

Koschei

Contribution Points : 29929
Forum Reputation : 2

PostSubject: Re: Speculation: the last songs they ever listened to?   Speculation: the last songs they ever listened to? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 08, 2021 7:51 pm

One song that i could see Dylan listing to is Burn by Nine Inch Nails

For Eric i would say Waste / Son of a gun / Godlike as Possible KMFDM contenders

Banned

Contribution Points : 25386

PostSubject: Re: Speculation: the last songs they ever listened to?   Speculation: the last songs they ever listened to? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 09, 2021 3:23 am

brandon scott hole - zenjin pseudoscorpion

Mr Bubbless, Employer_Square and garbagetalker1 like this post

Back to top Go down
Vluptune
Banned

Contribution Points : 25386

PostSubject: Re: Speculation: the last songs they ever listened to?   Speculation: the last songs they ever listened to? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 09, 2021 3:52 am

yes, he was at columbine

Employer_Square likes this post

Back to top Go down
Stinkfist

Stinkfist

Contribution Points : 26493

PostSubject: Re: Speculation: the last songs they ever listened to?   Speculation: the last songs they ever listened to? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 09, 2021 3:22 pm

For Eric I would imagine either Stray Bullet or Son Of A Gun or maybe anything KMFDM or Rammstein

For Dylan probably anything Nine Inch Nails, though for some reason I imagine him listening to the song Disarm by Smashing Pumpkins

Adzybear

Contribution Points : 60086
Forum Reputation : 100

PostSubject: Re: Speculation: the last songs they ever listened to?   Speculation: the last songs they ever listened to? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 09, 2021 4:11 pm

I guess only Jeffco will know what CD's were in the actual CD player in their cars after they parked up outside the school.

I know they found receipts and stuff but, I would love to know which CD/Song Dylan cut off by simply turning his keys to engine off before he got out to open the trunk.

Koschei

Contribution Points : 29929
Forum Reputation : 2

PostSubject: Re: Speculation: the last songs they ever listened to?   Speculation: the last songs they ever listened to? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 09, 2021 5:51 pm

Adzybear wrote:
I guess only Jeffco will know what CD's were in the actual CD player in their cars after they parked up outside the school.

I know they found receipts and stuff but, I would love to know which CD/Song Dylan cut off by simply turning his keys to engine off before he got out to open the trunk.

I know that in Dylan's car they found a White Zombie CD thought it doesn't specify which as well as a best of the Door's CD.

PostSubject: Re: Speculation: the last songs they ever listened to?   Speculation: the last songs they ever listened to? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Speculation: the last songs they ever listened to?
Page 1 of 1