Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Clement Park/Memorial

Go down 
+3
spidEr
Juicy Jazzy
Screamingophelia
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Screamingophelia
Other Crimes Moderator & Top 10 Contributor
Screamingophelia

Contribution Points : 193506
Forum Reputation : 1317

Clement Park/Memorial  Empty
PostSubject: Clement Park/Memorial    Clement Park/Memorial  Icon_minitimeSat Dec 09, 2017 1:04 am

Hi everyone! Just got back from dinner and some theatre. Here are some thoughts from today and pictures.

I visited the Memorial. The park is huge and open. The school of course is right next to it and there are tennis courts and a baseball field. I think in many ways it would be a nice place to go to school just for the scenery. I wonder how many kids even back then went to the lake after school. I walked by the front on my way to catch my Uber. There were teachers, kids and parents bustling in and out so I didn't take any pictures, but the cafeteria/commons has huge glass windows.

When you first enter the park you see the different picnic areas and I assume one of those tables under the awnings is where E&D were getting ready before. Leawood is right across the street and there are a ton of houses around the school. On my way to Denver we drove down Wadsworth, which is actually one of the main roads.

The scenery is gorgeous and I took a picture of the hill where the crosses once stood. There is a sense of peace in the park, it may just be me since I love being near the water and the sun was setting, so it was just nice. Someone asked me what I was looking for but I was too shy to tell him, so I just walked around the park and found my way to the memorial.

Lauren and Rachel's memorials have writings from their journals and Kelly's has her poems etched into it.

It was moving and I did cry a little.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

D3TROIT40OZ313 likes this post

Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: Clement Park/Memorial    Clement Park/Memorial  Icon_minitimeSat Dec 09, 2017 1:05 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: Clement Park/Memorial    Clement Park/Memorial  Icon_minitimeSat Dec 09, 2017 1:07 am

I took a photo of one of Kelly's poems I will have to upload that too if anyone wants to see it.

Juicy Jazzy

Contribution Points : 98344
Forum Reputation : 21

PostSubject: Re: Clement Park/Memorial    Clement Park/Memorial  Icon_minitimeSat Dec 09, 2017 4:19 am

Thanks for uploading your photos!
Back to top Go down
spidEr

spidEr

Contribution Points : 69376
Forum Reputation : 145

PostSubject: Re: Clement Park/Memorial    Clement Park/Memorial  Icon_minitimeSat Dec 09, 2017 4:44 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
here is another beautiful view from the memorial
Back to top Go down
Littlelo

Littlelo

Contribution Points : 66303
Forum Reputation : 90

PostSubject: Re: Clement Park/Memorial    Clement Park/Memorial  Icon_minitimeSat Dec 09, 2017 8:22 am

Thank you so much for sharing!

I really like the photo of the hill where the crosses used to be. Not sure why it just looks like a beautiful place.
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: Clement Park/Memorial    Clement Park/Memorial  Icon_minitimeSat Dec 09, 2017 9:38 am

You're welcome. Yes it's really beautiful Smile

Today is Red Rock Canyon after breakfast, yoga and the Botanic Gardens/dinner in Denver

PostSubject: Re: Clement Park/Memorial    Clement Park/Memorial  Icon_minitimeSat Dec 09, 2017 1:48 pm

Screamingophelia wrote:
You're welcome. Yes it's really beautiful Smile

Today is Red Rock Canyon after breakfast, yoga and the Botanic Gardens/dinner  in Denver

Hope you are having a great time! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: Clement Park/Memorial    Clement Park/Memorial  Icon_minitimeSat Dec 09, 2017 2:04 pm

I
Am! I went to red rock early today. Now my friend and I are at deer Creek Canyon.

Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: Clement Park/Memorial    Clement Park/Memorial  Icon_minitimeSat Dec 09, 2017 2:09 pm

If nature cured depression nobody will be depressed living here.

I do know counselors love to tell depressed people to take a walk in nature.

PostSubject: Re: Clement Park/Memorial    Clement Park/Memorial  Icon_minitimeSat Dec 09, 2017 2:36 pm

Screamingophelia wrote:
I
Am! I went to red rock early today. Now my friend and I are at deer Creek Canyon.

At first I read "I ate a deer a Creek Canyon" I was like well Damn that girl must be hungry as hell! Shocked Haha
Back to top Go down
sororityalpha
Top 10 Contributor
sororityalpha

Contribution Points : 122083
Forum Reputation : 1001

PostSubject: Re: Clement Park/Memorial    Clement Park/Memorial  Icon_minitimeSat Dec 09, 2017 2:39 pm

Thank you for sharing your visit.

Here are some really good pictures from there as well:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: Clement Park/Memorial    Clement Park/Memorial  Icon_minitimeSat Dec 09, 2017 4:41 pm

ShadowedGoddess wrote:
Screamingophelia wrote:
I

At first I read "I ate a deer a Creek Canyon" I was like well Damn that girl must be hungry as hell! Shocked Haha

Lol. That would be some hike. I can't wait to get to the grocery store, get over here Bambi.

It's interesting because you're going about the day and "oh we just passed Ken Caryl middle school"

Back to top Go down
spinvault

spinvault

Contribution Points : 73128
Forum Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: Clement Park/Memorial    Clement Park/Memorial  Icon_minitimeSat Dec 09, 2017 5:26 pm

Thanks for sharing the pictures and your observations. I am a little jealous that you got to meet Sue Klebold.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Clement Park/Memorial    Clement Park/Memorial  Icon_minitimeSat Dec 09, 2017 5:27 pm

Screamingophelia wrote:
ShadowedGoddess wrote:
Screamingophelia wrote:
I

Lol. That would be some hike. I can't wait to get to the grocery store, get over here Bambi.

Hey a hungry girl has gotta eat! Haha Roll
Back to top Go down
Kiwik

Kiwik

Contribution Points : 73976
Forum Reputation : 25

PostSubject: Re: Clement Park/Memorial    Clement Park/Memorial  Icon_minitimeSat Dec 09, 2017 7:08 pm

Did you climb the hill that's in your 2nd pic? That was my favorite spot, since you overlooked the memorial on one side and the school on the other, and you could see Denver in the distance
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: Clement Park/Memorial    Clement Park/Memorial  Icon_minitimeSat Dec 09, 2017 8:34 pm

I didn't but I can go back and climb it.

It's been an experience to say the least.

spidEr

PostSubject: Re: Clement Park/Memorial    Clement Park/Memorial  Icon_minitimeSun Dec 10, 2017 4:02 pm

Screamingophelia wrote:
If nature cured depression nobody will be depressed living here.

I do know counselors love to tell depressed people to take a walk in nature.
Walking in Colorado wilderness wouldn't cure depression, but would certainly take your mind off of it better than anti-depressant pills would. Absolutely stunning, I dream about Colorado every night, but I have no money or I would go there.
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: Clement Park/Memorial    Clement Park/Memorial  Icon_minitimeSun Dec 10, 2017 4:06 pm

I went back and climbed the hill. Totally worth it Smile

I noticed how angry the writing on Dan Rourboughs is. Talking about no peace for the wicked, a Godless school and a county who covers things up.

There were people visiting today Smile

Littlelo

Contribution Points : 66303
Forum Reputation : 90

PostSubject: Re: Clement Park/Memorial    Clement Park/Memorial  Icon_minitimeSun Dec 10, 2017 5:25 pm

Danny's father was always very upset that he allowed him to attend a "pagan" school, so it doesn't surprise me that there is anger in the writings.
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: Clement Park/Memorial    Clement Park/Memorial  Icon_minitimeSun Dec 10, 2017 8:23 pm

Which boggles my mind since Columbine seems very Christian.

You get an interesting perspective I think as an outsider of Eric and Dylan being here. It's hard to explain. I don't know how it was back in the 90's but everyone is really friendly and seem open but it's like the boys got shunned and ostracized and for what?

Last edited by Screamingophelia on Sun Dec 10, 2017 11:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: Clement Park/Memorial    Clement Park/Memorial  Icon_minitimeSun Dec 10, 2017 10:03 pm

Drove by a Blackjack pizza!!!

spidEr

PostSubject: Re: Clement Park/Memorial    Clement Park/Memorial  Icon_minitimeMon Dec 11, 2017 7:59 am

Screamingophelia wrote:
Wow! I thought that building had gone affraid
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Clement Park/Memorial    Clement Park/Memorial  Icon_minitimeMon Dec 11, 2017 8:08 am

Screamingophelia wrote:

I love these posts! It is clear you are having the time of your life getting to see this stuff, and it makes me happy. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: Clement Park/Memorial    Clement Park/Memorial  Icon_minitimeMon Dec 11, 2017 8:42 am

spidEr wrote:
Screamingophelia wrote:
Wow! I thought that building had gone affraid

I don't think it was THE Blackjack, it was "a" blackjack. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: Clement Park/Memorial    Clement Park/Memorial  Icon_minitimeMon Dec 11, 2017 8:43 am

ShadowedGoddess wrote:
Screamingophelia wrote:

I love these posts! It is clear you are having the time of your life getting to see this stuff, and it makes me happy. Very Happy

It's pretty fun, I went to the Botanical Gardens last night too, that was fun.

I went to a few greats restaurants too
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: Clement Park/Memorial    Clement Park/Memorial  Icon_minitimeMon Dec 11, 2017 2:16 pm

Passed the infamous convention center.

On my way to lunch then the airport.

Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: Clement Park/Memorial    Clement Park/Memorial  Icon_minitimeTue Dec 12, 2017 12:34 am

I was treated on the way home to loud talker, non stop talker.. for the whole flight THEN at baggage claim, would not shit up about nonsense. Shocked

PostSubject: Re: Clement Park/Memorial    Clement Park/Memorial  Icon_minitimeTue Dec 12, 2017 7:29 am

Screamingophelia wrote:
I was treated on the way home to loud talker, non stop talker.. for the whole flight THEN at baggage claim, would not shit up about nonsense. Shocked

You should have just started talking about mass murderers! That probably would have shut them up real fast! Haha Roll
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: Clement Park/Memorial    Clement Park/Memorial  Icon_minitimeTue Dec 12, 2017 5:43 pm

ShadowedGoddess wrote:
Screamingophelia wrote:

You should have just started talking about mass murderers! That probably would have shut them up real fast! Haha Roll

"I'll tell you, I saw My Friend Dahmer and I've been writing a film on a school shooting, now you have to figure..." that would shut him up. LOL

ETA- It is fictional, not based on anything real, characters are make believe from my good old head.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Clement Park/Memorial    Clement Park/Memorial  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Clement Park/Memorial
Page 1 of 1