Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!
 
HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

 

 where the old library was?

Go down 
+8
23september
Lizpuff
milennialrebelette
Ainjel
Littlelo
Screamingophelia
spidEr
Aimee Lacroux
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Aimee Lacroux

Aimee Lacroux


Posts : 73
Contribution Points : 59171
Forum Reputation : 0
Join date : 2017-12-31
Location : Europe

where the old library was? Empty
PostSubject: where the old library was?   where the old library was? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 06, 2018 1:00 pm

I know they have renovated (where the old library entrance was) with lockers, and a window i was told, does anyone have any images ?
Back to top Go down
spidEr

spidEr


Posts : 432
Contribution Points : 70901
Forum Reputation : 145
Join date : 2016-12-03
Age : 101
Location : germany

where the old library was? Empty
PostSubject: Re: where the old library was?   where the old library was? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 06, 2018 1:05 pm

It has been made to align with the wall next to it, and there is windows over looking the cafeteria. I believe sorotiyalpha has photos where they have put a large blue clock over it.

a temporariy wall with lockers replaced it in August 1999

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

here it is now
update credit to sorotiyalpha

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Back to top Go down
Aimee Lacroux

Aimee Lacroux


Posts : 73
Contribution Points : 59171
Forum Reputation : 0
Join date : 2017-12-31
Location : Europe

where the old library was? Empty
PostSubject: Re: where the old library was?   where the old library was? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 07, 2018 3:14 am

Thanks for these!!!
1. Is the wall of lockers gone now?
2. Is image 2 where the clock is where the old library was?
3 what view or place is image 3 taken from?

_________________
“There is a saying in Tibetan, 'Tragedy should be utilized as a source of strength.[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] '
Back to top Go down
Aimee Lacroux

Aimee Lacroux


Posts : 73
Contribution Points : 59171
Forum Reputation : 0
Join date : 2017-12-31
Location : Europe

where the old library was? Empty
PostSubject: Re: where the old library was?   where the old library was? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 07, 2018 3:18 am

Its so intense that the main walls and doorways at columbine have remained the same since 1999 ... thought they would have designed the school from scratch or demolish.

_________________
“There is a saying in Tibetan, 'Tragedy should be utilized as a source of strength.[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] '
Back to top Go down
spidEr

spidEr


Posts : 432
Contribution Points : 70901
Forum Reputation : 145
Join date : 2016-12-03
Age : 101
Location : germany

where the old library was? Empty
PostSubject: Re: where the old library was?   where the old library was? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 07, 2018 9:30 am

the temporary wall with the lockers was right in front if it and it was only like that for a few months after the tragedy and it is gone now. There was a window overlooking the cafeteria at one point, but I can't find the photo. I can't confirm 100% but I believe the clock is in front of where the entrance use to be.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest




where the old library was? Empty
PostSubject: Re: where the old library was?   where the old library was? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 07, 2018 10:20 am

Aimee Lacroux wrote:
Its so intense that the main walls and doorways at columbine have remained the same since 1999 ... thought they would have designed the school from scratch or demolish.


To tear down and rebuild the entire school would have been VERY expensive. So they likely just opted for for the library rebuild/cafeteria refurbishing as that is where most of the murders happened.
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Other Crimes Moderator & Top 10 Contributor
Screamingophelia


Posts : 6430
Contribution Points : 194596
Forum Reputation : 1317
Join date : 2017-08-25
Age : 36

where the old library was? Empty
PostSubject: Re: where the old library was?   where the old library was? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 07, 2018 10:26 am

Did they also do anything with the lockers? Or am I misremembering?

_________________
"And you know, you know, you know, this can be beautiful, you say you're numb inside, but I can't agree. So the world's unfair, keep it locked out there. In here it's beautiful."
Back to top Go down
Online
Littlelo

Littlelo


Posts : 1210
Contribution Points : 67828
Forum Reputation : 90
Join date : 2017-04-26

where the old library was? Empty
PostSubject: Re: where the old library was?   where the old library was? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 07, 2018 11:49 am

ShadowedGoddess wrote:
Aimee Lacroux wrote:
Its so intense that the main walls and doorways at columbine have remained the same since 1999 ... thought they would have designed the school from scratch or demolish.


To tear down and rebuild the entire school would have been VERY expensive. So they likely just opted for for the library rebuild/cafeteria refurbishing as that is where most of the murders happened.

Also the school had JUST had some renovations done a few years prior, so it definitely was not something they had factored into their budget.
Back to top Go down
Aimee Lacroux

Aimee Lacroux


Posts : 73
Contribution Points : 59171
Forum Reputation : 0
Join date : 2017-12-31
Location : Europe

where the old library was? Empty
PostSubject: Re: where the old library was?   where the old library was? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 07, 2018 2:11 pm

Thank you spidEr so much for the pics and info Smile if you have any more info on it i would love to know:)

_________________
“There is a saying in Tibetan, 'Tragedy should be utilized as a source of strength.[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] '
Back to top Go down
Aimee Lacroux

Aimee Lacroux


Posts : 73
Contribution Points : 59171
Forum Reputation : 0
Join date : 2017-12-31
Location : Europe

where the old library was? Empty
PostSubject: Re: where the old library was?   where the old library was? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 07, 2018 2:12 pm

True, i understand that renovating is expensive, but so sad what happened at that location.

_________________
“There is a saying in Tibetan, 'Tragedy should be utilized as a source of strength.[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] '
Back to top Go down
Aimee Lacroux

Aimee Lacroux


Posts : 73
Contribution Points : 59171
Forum Reputation : 0
Join date : 2017-12-31
Location : Europe

where the old library was? Empty
PostSubject: Re: where the old library was?   where the old library was? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 07, 2018 2:18 pm

Why would they put a giant clock there ? Does anyone know the symbolism behind that? They could have done something a bit better ((no offence) but something nice could have been there instead of a giant clock.

_________________
“There is a saying in Tibetan, 'Tragedy should be utilized as a source of strength.[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] '
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest




where the old library was? Empty
PostSubject: Re: where the old library was?   where the old library was? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 07, 2018 2:23 pm

Aimee Lacroux wrote:
True, i understand that renovating is expensive, but so sad what happened at that location.  


No doubt Columbine was an event that destroyed that community as a whole. If I remember correctly there were many who did indeed want the entire school demolished and a new one built. But it just wasn't possible due to the HUGE cost something like that would have been.

Also the fact that Eric and Dylan had wanted, and tried desperately to "take down" the school, is why a lot of people wanted it to be left alone. In their minds if the school was torn down then E&D would have won in a sense.

Still to be a survivor and then to walk back into that school, down the same halls, etc. was the bravest things those kids had likely done in their lives at that point in time.
Back to top Go down
Aimee Lacroux

Aimee Lacroux


Posts : 73
Contribution Points : 59171
Forum Reputation : 0
Join date : 2017-12-31
Location : Europe

where the old library was? Empty
PostSubject: Re: where the old library was?   where the old library was? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 07, 2018 2:26 pm

E&d could never take down columbine in all honesty, the students were brave and so were the teachers, parents to keep it on the same site. But it would have been nice for a fresh start with a new school with the same name.

_________________
“There is a saying in Tibetan, 'Tragedy should be utilized as a source of strength.[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] '
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest




where the old library was? Empty
PostSubject: Re: where the old library was?   where the old library was? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 07, 2018 2:37 pm

Aimee Lacroux wrote:
Why would they put a giant clock there ? Does anyone know the symbolism behind that? They could have done something a bit better ((no offence) but something nice could have been there instead of a giant clock.


Well clocks in general could have several meanings. If the clock was stopped at exactly the same time as the library shootings, or if the clock ran backwards, symbolizing the want to "turn back the hands of time" and somehow stop the massacre are just a few examples.

Although I think this was just a giant clock, and didn't really have any symbolism behind it.scratch

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong! Smile
Back to top Go down
Aimee Lacroux

Aimee Lacroux


Posts : 73
Contribution Points : 59171
Forum Reputation : 0
Join date : 2017-12-31
Location : Europe

where the old library was? Empty
PostSubject: Re: where the old library was?   where the old library was? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 07, 2018 2:41 pm

Hehe, i know that clock is just a normal clock. I dont get it. Personally i would have liked a beautiful muriel celebrating life and how precious it is, with artwork and things the victims would have liked. A big ( no offence )ugly clock , why oh why. Must have a meaning.

_________________
“There is a saying in Tibetan, 'Tragedy should be utilized as a source of strength.[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] '
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest




where the old library was? Empty
PostSubject: Re: where the old library was?   where the old library was? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 07, 2018 2:44 pm

Aimee Lacroux wrote:
Hehe, i know that clock is just a normal clock. I dont get it. Personally i would have liked a beautiful muriel celebrating life and how precious it is, with artwork and things the victims would have liked. A big ( no offence )ugly clock , why oh why. Must have a meaning.


I personally thought the ginormous clock was kind of hideous as well. Haha
Back to top Go down
Aimee Lacroux

Aimee Lacroux


Posts : 73
Contribution Points : 59171
Forum Reputation : 0
Join date : 2017-12-31
Location : Europe

where the old library was? Empty
PostSubject: Re: where the old library was?   where the old library was? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 07, 2018 2:46 pm

Thank god im not the only one lol cant imagine the victims in heaven being impressed with it either ;) to me its as if they ran out of ideas and set a gigantic clock noone could amiss.
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Other Crimes Moderator & Top 10 Contributor
Screamingophelia


Posts : 6430
Contribution Points : 194596
Forum Reputation : 1317
Join date : 2017-08-25
Age : 36

where the old library was? Empty
PostSubject: Re: where the old library was?   where the old library was? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 07, 2018 3:18 pm

ShadowedGoddess wrote:
Aimee Lacroux wrote:
Hehe, i know that clock is just a normal clock. I dont get it. Personally i would have liked a beautiful muriel celebrating life and how precious it is, with artwork and things the victims would have liked. A big ( no offence )ugly clock , why oh why. Must have a meaning.


I personally thought the ginormous clock was kind of hideous as well. Haha

A mural would have been really nice. Especially since many who died were very artistic in their own right. They do have a plaque somewhere in the school I think.

Correct me if I am wrong, but the new library is not connected to the school? When I was there I passed the Columbine Memorial Library, which was adjacent to the park.
Back to top Go down
Online
Screamingophelia
Other Crimes Moderator & Top 10 Contributor
Screamingophelia


Posts : 6430
Contribution Points : 194596
Forum Reputation : 1317
Join date : 2017-08-25
Age : 36

where the old library was? Empty
PostSubject: Re: where the old library was?   where the old library was? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 07, 2018 3:21 pm

I know the class of 2009 was for the 10 year anniversary, but does it strike anyone as odd to memoralize them and not the other classes, those who were there during the massacre?

Devon had said when she was in the theatre after the massacre she is pretty sure Dylan's ghost was in there and paid her a visit. Bright lights came on and she heard foot steps and when she called out his name the lights turned off and there was nothing.

She didn't say it was Dylan, but she said "he" so I assume it was Dylan and not Rachel....

_________________
"And you know, you know, you know, this can be beautiful, you say you're numb inside, but I can't agree. So the world's unfair, keep it locked out there. In here it's beautiful."
Back to top Go down
Online
Guest
Guest




where the old library was? Empty
PostSubject: Re: where the old library was?   where the old library was? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 07, 2018 3:23 pm

Screamingophelia wrote:
I know the class of 2009 was for the 10 year anniversary, but does it strike anyone as odd to memoralize them and not the other classes, those who were there during the massacre?

Devon had said when she was in the theatre after the massacre she is pretty sure Dylan's ghost was in there and paid her a visit. Bright lights came on and she heard foot steps and when she called out his name the lights turned off and there was nothing.

She didn't say it was Dylan, but she said "he" so I assume it was Dylan and not Rachel....


I am a firm believer that places can absorb or be imprinted with certain smells, sounds, someone's energy, etc.
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Other Crimes Moderator & Top 10 Contributor
Screamingophelia


Posts : 6430
Contribution Points : 194596
Forum Reputation : 1317
Join date : 2017-08-25
Age : 36

where the old library was? Empty
PostSubject: Re: where the old library was?   where the old library was? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 07, 2018 3:27 pm

ShadowedGoddess wrote:
Screamingophelia wrote:
I know the class of 2009 was for the 10 year anniversary, but does it strike anyone as odd to memoralize them and not the other classes, those who were there during the massacre?

Devon had said when she was in the theatre after the massacre she is pretty sure Dylan's ghost was in there and paid her a visit. Bright lights came on and she heard foot steps and when she called out his name the lights turned off and there was nothing.

She didn't say it was Dylan, but she said "he" so I assume it was Dylan and not Rachel....


I am a firm believer that places can absorb or be imprinted with certain smells, sounds, someone's energy, etc.

As do I. I pick up on energy a lot.

I felt an eerie calmness at the memorial. It was a strange feeling. Like I was very careful and I felt the need to apologize for being there since I didn't know anyone, and I just cried for a good minute. Then I was fine.



Back to top Go down
Online
Aimee Lacroux

Aimee Lacroux


Posts : 73
Contribution Points : 59171
Forum Reputation : 0
Join date : 2017-12-31
Location : Europe

where the old library was? Empty
PostSubject: Re: where the old library was?   where the old library was? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 07, 2018 3:45 pm

Wow really are there ghosts at columbine? Anyone ever admitted it public?

_________________
“There is a saying in Tibetan, 'Tragedy should be utilized as a source of strength.[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] '
Back to top Go down
Aimee Lacroux

Aimee Lacroux


Posts : 73
Contribution Points : 59171
Forum Reputation : 0
Join date : 2017-12-31
Location : Europe

where the old library was? Empty
PostSubject: Re: where the old library was?   where the old library was? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 07, 2018 3:47 pm

I wouldnt ever stay overnight at columbine, i too believe tragedy stays absorbed into the scene of the crime. Im sure e&d watch students now and think wtf lol thats just me .

_________________
“There is a saying in Tibetan, 'Tragedy should be utilized as a source of strength.[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] '
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Other Crimes Moderator & Top 10 Contributor
Screamingophelia


Posts : 6430
Contribution Points : 194596
Forum Reputation : 1317
Join date : 2017-08-25
Age : 36

where the old library was? Empty
PostSubject: Re: where the old library was?   where the old library was? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 07, 2018 3:48 pm

Aimee Lacroux wrote:
Wow really are there ghosts at columbine? Anyone ever admitted it public?

Just Devon as far as I know!
Back to top Go down
Online
Aimee Lacroux

Aimee Lacroux


Posts : 73
Contribution Points : 59171
Forum Reputation : 0
Join date : 2017-12-31
Location : Europe

where the old library was? Empty
PostSubject: Re: where the old library was?   where the old library was? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 07, 2018 3:51 pm

Hmmm if i was a student there i would freak out lol its must be eerie when the school is half empty.
I did see a channeller channel e&d (if you believe that stuff. I watched it for Entertainment) and she said the victims waited for e&d to cross over before they left. Interesting.

_________________
“There is a saying in Tibetan, 'Tragedy should be utilized as a source of strength.[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] '
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Other Crimes Moderator & Top 10 Contributor
Screamingophelia


Posts : 6430
Contribution Points : 194596
Forum Reputation : 1317
Join date : 2017-08-25
Age : 36

where the old library was? Empty
PostSubject: Re: where the old library was?   where the old library was? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 07, 2018 3:57 pm

Aimee Lacroux wrote:
Hmmm if i was a student there i would freak out lol its must be eerie when the school is half empty.
I did see a channeller channel e&d (if you believe that stuff. I watched it for Entertainment) and she said the victims waited for e&d to cross over before they left. Interesting.

I don't entirely know what that means. Like they were guarding the school maybe?

When their bodies were removed snow started falling pretty hard. Granted it was probably just Denver weather but it was pretty haunting to say the least.
Back to top Go down
Online
Guest
Guest




where the old library was? Empty
PostSubject: Re: where the old library was?   where the old library was? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 07, 2018 3:58 pm

Aimee Lacroux wrote:
Hmmm if i was a student there i would freak out lol its must be eerie when the school is half empty.
I did see a channeller channel e&d (if you believe that stuff. I watched it for Entertainment) and she said the victims waited for e&d to cross over before they left. Interesting.

If you believe in such things, and she wasn't a fraud. Then yes, them supposedly waiting for Eric and Dylan would be a very interesting concept to say the least.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest




where the old library was? Empty
PostSubject: Re: where the old library was?   where the old library was? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 07, 2018 4:02 pm

Screamingophelia wrote:
Aimee Lacroux wrote:
Hmmm if i was a student there i would freak out lol its must be eerie when the school is half empty.
I did see a channeller channel e&d (if you believe that stuff. I watched it for Entertainment) and she said the victims waited for e&d to cross over before they left. Interesting.

I don't entirely know what that means. Like they were guarding the school maybe?

When their bodies were removed snow started falling pretty hard. Granted it was probably just Denver weather but it was pretty haunting to say the least.

That would depend on how she tried to spin it. scratch She may have meant they waited as guardians OR that they waited as a form of forgiveness/acceptance of E&D.
Back to top Go down
Aimee Lacroux

Aimee Lacroux


Posts : 73
Contribution Points : 59171
Forum Reputation : 0
Join date : 2017-12-31
Location : Europe

where the old library was? Empty
PostSubject: Re: where the old library was?   where the old library was? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 07, 2018 4:02 pm

Yes it was interesting because the chaneller said E&d realised their mistake and the victims knew in their soul contracts they would die after they died, so waited for them to cross over. It was forgiveness i think.


Last edited by Aimee Lacroux on Sun Jan 07, 2018 4:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Other Crimes Moderator & Top 10 Contributor
Screamingophelia


Posts : 6430
Contribution Points : 194596
Forum Reputation : 1317
Join date : 2017-08-25
Age : 36

where the old library was? Empty
PostSubject: Re: where the old library was?   where the old library was? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 07, 2018 4:03 pm

ShadowedGoddess wrote:
Aimee Lacroux wrote:
Hmmm if i was a student there i would freak out lol its must be eerie when the school is half empty.
I did see a channeller channel e&d (if you believe that stuff. I watched it for Entertainment) and she said the victims waited for e&d to cross over before they left. Interesting.

If you believe in such things, and she wasn't a fraud. Then yes, them supposedly waiting for Eric and Dylan would be a very interesting concept to say the least.

I don't know sometimes if you can really talk to spirits that you didn't know in real life. However I have had some VERY vivid dreams of E and D throughout my life since I was 18. I dream pretty vividly and remember 99% of them and people who I never met, or I met once can be in them...

_________________
"And you know, you know, you know, this can be beautiful, you say you're numb inside, but I can't agree. So the world's unfair, keep it locked out there. In here it's beautiful."
Back to top Go down
Online
Aimee Lacroux

Aimee Lacroux


Posts : 73
Contribution Points : 59171
Forum Reputation : 0
Join date : 2017-12-31
Location : Europe

where the old library was? Empty
PostSubject: Re: where the old library was?   where the old library was? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 07, 2018 4:04 pm

What dreams did you have? If you dont mind sharing:)

_________________
“There is a saying in Tibetan, 'Tragedy should be utilized as a source of strength.[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] '
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Other Crimes Moderator & Top 10 Contributor
Screamingophelia


Posts : 6430
Contribution Points : 194596
Forum Reputation : 1317
Join date : 2017-08-25
Age : 36

where the old library was? Empty
PostSubject: Re: where the old library was?   where the old library was? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 07, 2018 4:26 pm

Aimee Lacroux wrote:
What dreams did you have? If you dont mind sharing:)

I don't mind at all.

My dreams about Eric are always pleasant oddly enough. Usually he and I just talk, one time he told me we used to talk on AIM and he was sorry he didn't tell me about the massacre, he said he was anti violence now but everyone he meets only knows what he did and not who he was. Then I did have an "adult"Dream with Eric.. I was weirded out by that.

When I started researching again after about 10 years of nothing I did have a dream I tried to stop them but I was too late.

Most of my Dylan dreams involve him yelling at me or ignoring me. Once I was snooping in what supposedly was his room. My last one though was me at his home and he was slowly dying and mute. His mom said even though I didn't know him I was now part of the family and I should stay for dinner and I woke up pretty sad for a while.

All of these were in a span of years.. so it's not as though they are nightly lol.
Back to top Go down
Online
Ainjel

Ainjel


Posts : 90
Contribution Points : 67183
Forum Reputation : 0
Join date : 2017-03-30

where the old library was? Empty
PostSubject: Re: where the old library was?   where the old library was? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 07, 2018 8:27 pm


If your talking about this link, this is obviously fake.  She even gets the names mixed up of the two boys.  Read the reviews about her other so-called “channeling” experiences.  I’m all for believing that someone can possibly talk to the dead but this lady is not legit.
Back to top Go down
spidEr

spidEr


Posts : 432
Contribution Points : 70901
Forum Reputation : 145
Join date : 2016-12-03
Age : 101
Location : germany

where the old library was? Empty
PostSubject: Re: where the old library was?   where the old library was? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 07, 2018 10:14 pm

I'm sorry but they are fake. If they could really do that then they would have a nobel prize and be rich and not making small youtube videos for a few views, they would be using those powers to speak to victim's of murder and help solve crimes. Also if they could speak to anyone throughout history, all the great powerful people who died, why would they choose those two? What they are saying they can do would give them highly paid government jobs and all of the history and science books would be rewritten, plus religions would collapse as they would get confirmation about what happens after death and which religions are legitimate.
Back to top Go down
Aimee Lacroux

Aimee Lacroux


Posts : 73
Contribution Points : 59171
Forum Reputation : 0
Join date : 2017-12-31
Location : Europe

where the old library was? Empty
PostSubject: Re: where the old library was?   where the old library was? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 08, 2018 5:57 am

Lol yes no way to prove its legit.

_________________
“There is a saying in Tibetan, 'Tragedy should be utilized as a source of strength.[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] '
Back to top Go down
spidEr

spidEr


Posts : 432
Contribution Points : 70901
Forum Reputation : 145
Join date : 2016-12-03
Age : 101
Location : germany

where the old library was? Empty
PostSubject: Re: where the old library was?   where the old library was? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 23, 2018 4:33 am

I am still searching but there was a video on YouTube of Frank D showing an interviewer around the school and at one point in the video they are standing where the library entrance was and he is explaining what they have in place of it, which was a window.
Back to top Go down
Aimee Lacroux

Aimee Lacroux


Posts : 73
Contribution Points : 59171
Forum Reputation : 0
Join date : 2017-12-31
Location : Europe

where the old library was? Empty
PostSubject: Re: where the old library was?   where the old library was? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 23, 2018 5:58 am

Do you have a link? Thank you.

_________________
“There is a saying in Tibetan, 'Tragedy should be utilized as a source of strength.[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] '
Back to top Go down
milennialrebelette

milennialrebelette


Posts : 248
Contribution Points : 60715
Forum Reputation : 725
Join date : 2018-10-28
Age : 32
Location : Littleton, CO

where the old library was? Empty
PostSubject: Re: where the old library was?   where the old library was? Icon_minitimeMon Nov 05, 2018 9:48 pm

Screamingophelia wrote:
ShadowedGoddess wrote:
Aimee Lacroux wrote:
Hehe, i know that clock is just a normal clock. I dont get it. Personally i would have liked a beautiful muriel celebrating life and how precious it is, with artwork and things the victims would have liked. A big ( no offence )ugly clock , why oh why. Must have a meaning.


I personally thought the ginormous clock was kind of hideous as well. Haha

A mural would have been really nice. Especially since many who died were very artistic in their own right. They do have a plaque somewhere in the school I think.

Correct me if I am wrong, but the new library is not connected to the school? When I was there I passed the Columbine Memorial Library, which was adjacent to the park.




You're talking about the JeffCo Public Library also called Columbine. It's on the north end of Clement Park at like Bowles and Cross. The school library was rebuilt on the hill where Rachel died. The redesigned the west entrance and the staircase. You walk out that door and maybe like 10 feet into the library? It's super nice I used to go there on my lunch period and do work, I was super behind to graduate.

And yeah if you walk along the hall kind of to the south? Theres windows after the lockers that look over the atrium and down to the Commons.

I graduated in 2010.

Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest




where the old library was? Empty
PostSubject: Re: where the old library was?   where the old library was? Icon_minitimeTue Nov 06, 2018 9:26 am

Was the original Columbine library remodeled in such a way that it was dismantled and torn down, or was it basically built around and barricaded off to be used for storage or something like that? I mean, if you were to somehow get through the wall behind that giant clock (which I actually think looks kind of nice, if not a bit too obvious of a concealment), would there be new rooms and supplies, new columns, maybe even some classrooms, or would the wide open library space still be behind it?

Then again I think I remember reading that the entire floor of the library was torn out and the cafeteria basically became a high two-story room. Is that what turned into the atrium? I not I find it an extremely creepy thought to imagine that the original library might still be standing behind that clock. It would give me chills to attend that school and know that just on the others side of the wall is the quiet, hallowed ground of a massacre.
Back to top Go down
Lizpuff

Lizpuff


Posts : 2677
Contribution Points : 97499
Forum Reputation : 1190
Join date : 2016-03-02
Age : 36

where the old library was? Empty
PostSubject: Re: where the old library was?   where the old library was? Icon_minitimeTue Nov 06, 2018 9:29 am

miketheratguy wrote:
Was the original Columbine library remodeled in such a way that it was dismantled and torn down, or was it basically built around and barricaded off to be used for storage or something like that? I mean, if you were to somehow get through the wall behind that giant clock (which I actually think looks kind of nice, if not a bit too obvious of a concealment), would there be new rooms and supplies, new columns, maybe even some classrooms, or would the wide open library space still be behind it?

Obviously they cleaned it up and removed the carpet and whatnot but I have to admit, I find it an extremely creepy thought to imagine that the original library might still be standing behind that clock. It would give me chills to attend that school and know that just on the others side of the wall is the quiet, hallowed ground of a massacre.

I didn't attend the school, but it is gone. Now above the commons is a giant open area. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

_________________
Hold me now I need to feel complete
Like I matter to the one I need
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest




where the old library was? Empty
PostSubject: Re: where the old library was?   where the old library was? Icon_minitimeTue Nov 06, 2018 9:35 am

Lizpuff wrote:

I didn't attend the school, but it is gone. Now above the commons is a giant open area.

Just after I made my post I realized that I remembered something about that and went back to add the edit. Thanks for the confirmation, those are some good pictures. It's good to know that there's nothing behind the old library entrance but I still find it creepy that the area is exposed and visible. Surely kids who ate in the commons had to have looked up at some point and realized "holy shit, a bunch of people were murdered right up there".
Back to top Go down
milennialrebelette

milennialrebelette


Posts : 248
Contribution Points : 60715
Forum Reputation : 725
Join date : 2018-10-28
Age : 32
Location : Littleton, CO

where the old library was? Empty
PostSubject: Re: where the old library was?   where the old library was? Icon_minitimeTue Nov 06, 2018 1:14 pm

miketheratguy wrote:
Lizpuff wrote:

I didn't attend the school, but it is gone. Now above the commons is a giant open area.

Just after I made my post I realized that I remembered something about that and went back to add the edit. Thanks for the confirmation, those are some good pictures. It's good to know that there's nothing behind the old library entrance but I still find it creepy that the area is exposed and visible. Surely kids who ate in the commons had to have looked up at some point and realized "holy shit, a bunch of people were murdered right up there".

Here are some pictures of the Commons from when I was a student. They're from my own personal facebook so I hope that's okay. I have tons more from all over the school, I want to blur out some of the faces before I post the rest.

But here's us setting up for Homecoming in the Commons area. I was one of the few students I think that had siblings there during the shooting, since they're my half brother and sister they're 7 and 9 years older than me. I was also one of the oldest students in my grade, I got held back a year in elementary school. So I don't think a lot of the students think about that. Plus there's a lot of parents who went to Columbine. So we all have tons of memories about the school and they're not about the shooting. Think of all your thoughts about your own school. That's just like us, except our school is Columbine.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]


Back to top Go down
milennialrebelette

milennialrebelette


Posts : 248
Contribution Points : 60715
Forum Reputation : 725
Join date : 2018-10-28
Age : 32
Location : Littleton, CO

where the old library was? Empty
PostSubject: Re: where the old library was?   where the old library was? Icon_minitimeTue Nov 06, 2018 1:20 pm

miketheratguy wrote:
Lizpuff wrote:

I didn't attend the school, but it is gone. Now above the commons is a giant open area.

Just after I made my post I realized that I remembered something about that and went back to add the edit. Thanks for the confirmation, those are some good pictures. It's good to know that there's nothing behind the old library entrance but I still find it creepy that the area is exposed and visible. Surely kids who ate in the commons had to have looked up at some point and realized "holy shit, a bunch of people were murdered right up there".
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]


Last edited by milennialrebelette on Tue Nov 06, 2018 1:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Lizpuff

Lizpuff


Posts : 2677
Contribution Points : 97499
Forum Reputation : 1190
Join date : 2016-03-02
Age : 36

where the old library was? Empty
PostSubject: Re: where the old library was?   where the old library was? Icon_minitimeTue Nov 06, 2018 1:23 pm

Thank you for sharing your personal photos!

_________________
Hold me now I need to feel complete
Like I matter to the one I need
Back to top Go down
milennialrebelette

milennialrebelette


Posts : 248
Contribution Points : 60715
Forum Reputation : 725
Join date : 2018-10-28
Age : 32
Location : Littleton, CO

where the old library was? Empty
PostSubject: Re: where the old library was?   where the old library was? Icon_minitimeTue Nov 06, 2018 1:34 pm

Of course! Here's a couple more that give you an idea of the atrium over the Commons where the library was and how things are hung from up there sometimes. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Other Crimes Moderator & Top 10 Contributor
Screamingophelia


Posts : 6430
Contribution Points : 194596
Forum Reputation : 1317
Join date : 2017-08-25
Age : 36

where the old library was? Empty
PostSubject: Re: where the old library was?   where the old library was? Icon_minitimeTue Nov 06, 2018 1:36 pm

Lizpuff wrote:
Thank you for sharing your personal photos!


I second that!! Smile

_________________
"And you know, you know, you know, this can be beautiful, you say you're numb inside, but I can't agree. So the world's unfair, keep it locked out there. In here it's beautiful."
Back to top Go down
Online
milennialrebelette

milennialrebelette


Posts : 248
Contribution Points : 60715
Forum Reputation : 725
Join date : 2018-10-28
Age : 32
Location : Littleton, CO

where the old library was? Empty
PostSubject: Re: where the old library was?   where the old library was? Icon_minitimeTue Nov 06, 2018 1:43 pm

Screamingophelia wrote:
Lizpuff wrote:
Thank you for sharing your personal photos!


I second that!! Smile

Thanks! Like I said I have tons of them. Some of them I want to blur out the faces, more up close of specific people with parts of the school in the background. They're my own personal pictures but I don't think my classmates would want to be featured personally without their knowledge on a forum about the shooting. It might make my 10 year reunion that's coming up in the next year and a half, a little awkward.

If there's any specific part of the school you're interested in, I could see if I have any pictures there specifically and post those, before I finish putting together a big post with all my pictures. Just let me know!
Back to top Go down
Lizpuff

Lizpuff


Posts : 2677
Contribution Points : 97499
Forum Reputation : 1190
Join date : 2016-03-02
Age : 36

where the old library was? Empty
PostSubject: Re: where the old library was?   where the old library was? Icon_minitimeTue Nov 06, 2018 1:53 pm

milennialrebelette wrote:
Screamingophelia wrote:
Lizpuff wrote:
Thank you for sharing your personal photos!


I second that!! Smile

Thanks! Like I said I have tons of them. Some of them I want to blur out the faces, more up close of specific people with parts of the school in the background. They're my own personal pictures but I don't think my classmates would want to be featured personally without their knowledge on a forum about the shooting. It might make my 10 year reunion that's coming up in the next year and a half, a little awkward.

If there's any specific part of the school you're interested in, I could see if I have any pictures there specifically and post those, before I finish putting together a big post with all my pictures. Just let me know!

When you said your 10 year reunion was in 1.5 years I thought no way you graduated in 2010....then I had the ohh... moment of realization. man time flies

_________________
Hold me now I need to feel complete
Like I matter to the one I need
Back to top Go down
milennialrebelette

milennialrebelette


Posts : 248
Contribution Points : 60715
Forum Reputation : 725
Join date : 2018-10-28
Age : 32
Location : Littleton, CO

where the old library was? Empty
PostSubject: Re: where the old library was?   where the old library was? Icon_minitimeTue Nov 06, 2018 7:22 pm

Lizpuff wrote:
milennialrebelette wrote:
Screamingophelia wrote:
Lizpuff wrote:
Thank you for sharing your personal photos!


I second that!! Smile

Thanks! Like I said I have tons of them. Some of them I want to blur out the faces, more up close of specific people with parts of the school in the background. They're my own personal pictures but I don't think my classmates would want to be featured personally without their knowledge on a forum about the shooting. It might make my 10 year reunion that's coming up in the next year and a half, a little awkward.

If there's any specific part of the school you're interested in, I could see if I have any pictures there specifically and post those, before I finish putting together a big post with all my pictures. Just let me know!

When you said your 10 year reunion was in 1.5 years I thought no way you graduated in 2010....then I had the ohh... moment of realization. man time flies

I feel you! I can't believe it's coming up on 10 years. 20 years for my sister. I feel so old!
Back to top Go down
23september




Posts : 237
Contribution Points : 67665
Forum Reputation : 100
Join date : 2017-09-12

where the old library was? Empty
PostSubject: Re: where the old library was?   where the old library was? Icon_minitimeWed Nov 07, 2018 2:59 am

Thank you for sharing the pics!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content





where the old library was? Empty
PostSubject: Re: where the old library was?   where the old library was? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down
 
where the old library was?
Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next
 Similar topics
-
» Library Survivors fleeing the library
» Library
» Why did they go to the library instead of the gym?
» Instead of the Library
» Why did they go to the library?

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum :: Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum :: Columbine Photos-
Jump to: