Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Library before massacre

Go down 
+7
Selah
queenfarooq
archer96
shades
Draw_It_White
Lizpuff
TaylorsMom
11 posters
AuthorMessage
TaylorsMom

TaylorsMom

Contribution Points : 77292
Forum Reputation : 25

Library before massacre Empty
PostSubject: Library before massacre   Library before massacre Icon_minitimeWed Sep 07, 2016 9:10 am

Not sure if this has been discussed or in another thread...but does anyone have any photos/video of inside the library before the massacre? I'd like to see the layout and what it was like then. TIA!!
Back to top Go down
Lizpuff

Lizpuff

Contribution Points : 95424
Forum Reputation : 1190

PostSubject: Re: Library before massacre   Library before massacre Icon_minitimeWed Sep 07, 2016 9:53 am

Oh those might be tough to find. I know the RMN video shows Dylan in a very small snapshot of the computer area....but I don't know if I have seen full shots of the library beforehand

Draw_It_White

Draw_It_White

Contribution Points : 97168
Forum Reputation : 104

PostSubject: Re: Library before massacre   Library before massacre Icon_minitimeWed Sep 07, 2016 11:05 am

I looked for these before but could only find the murals that are there now and the crime scene ones.
Back to top Go down
shades

shades

Contribution Points : 78986
Forum Reputation : 38

PostSubject: Re: Library before massacre   Library before massacre Icon_minitimeWed Sep 07, 2016 11:33 am

The best is to ask a Columbine alumni. Idk, maybe they might have random photographs or a senior video stashed somewhere.

Contribution Points : 71521
Forum Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: Library before massacre   Library before massacre Icon_minitimeWed Sep 07, 2016 5:28 pm

Pretty certain this was taken before the massacre, not the best picture but does show some sort of an overview! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
queenfarooq

Contribution Points : 101637
Forum Reputation : 10

PostSubject: Re: Library before massacre   Library before massacre Icon_minitimeWed Sep 07, 2016 6:52 pm

archer96 wrote:
Pretty certain this was taken before the massacre, not the best picture but does show some sort of an overview! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

This is the remodeled library taken after the massacre.

There is another angle of the remodeled library here: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
archer96

Contribution Points : 71521

PostSubject: Re: Library before massacre   Library before massacre Icon_minitimeWed Sep 07, 2016 7:11 pm

queenfarooq wrote:

This is the remodeled library taken after the massacre.

There is another angle of the remodeled library here: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Ah my apologises, thanks for clearing that up!
Back to top Go down
TaylorsMom

TaylorsMom

PostSubject: Re: Library before massacre   Library before massacre Icon_minitimeWed Sep 07, 2016 10:03 pm

Thanks all for your input! I figured this wouldn't be easy to find if its even possible to find. I do see parts of the library in the aftermath video from the shooting, just random spot where the victims were shot. I'd rather see photos or a video of the library before the massacre to give me a better visual aid, I'm a visual learner :-)
Back to top Go down
Selah

Selah

Contribution Points : 79783

PostSubject: Re: Library before massacre   Library before massacre Icon_minitimeFri Sep 09, 2016 7:28 pm

There's a small snapshot of it in a home video made by Rachel Scott a year prior to the massacre. It shows the outside a bit. But that's all.
Back to top Go down
bubbles

Contribution Points : 74267

PostSubject: Re: Library before massacre   Library before massacre Icon_minitimeSat Sep 10, 2016 3:48 am

Small picture and doesn't provide too much of a view of the library as it was, but here's a picture of the library circa '95-'97ish:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I also presume this interview of Dylan was held in the library:

It appears he's standing close to where he would later murder Kyle Velasquez according to this diagram:

Back to top Go down
bubbles

Contribution Points : 74267

PostSubject: Re: Library before massacre   Library before massacre Icon_minitimeSat Sep 10, 2016 3:50 am

Selah wrote:
There's a small snapshot of it in a home video made by Rachel Scott a year prior to the massacre. It shows the outside a bit. But that's all.

I found that youtube clip to be rather eerie and I've always wondered if there is a longer/unedited version out there. I wonder who edited the clip on youtube as well. Some people have claimed that Rachel apparently did but I'm not so sure.
Back to top Go down
shades

shades

PostSubject: Re: Library before massacre   Library before massacre Icon_minitimeSat Sep 10, 2016 5:47 am

Their library reminds me of my middle school library

Top 10 Contributor
sororityalpha

Contribution Points : 121538
Forum Reputation : 1001

PostSubject: Re: Library before massacre   Library before massacre Icon_minitimeSat Sep 10, 2016 1:26 pm

That looks like the location of Table 15 in the Library
Back to top Go down
TaylorsMom

TaylorsMom

PostSubject: Re: Library before massacre   Library before massacre Icon_minitimeSat Sep 10, 2016 10:02 pm

Thanks for that picture [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]!! I agree with [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] that this looks like it would be table [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]?
Back to top Go down
Juicy Jazzy

Juicy Jazzy

Contribution Points : 97794
Forum Reputation : 21

PostSubject: Re: Library before massacre   Library before massacre Icon_minitimeSun Sep 11, 2016 5:51 am

sororityalpha wrote:

That looks like the location of Table 15 in the Library
Nice photo. Really gives a great insight on the view Eric and Dylan had during the rampage, how they were shooting at police, etc.
Back to top Go down
Gonz

Gonz

Contribution Points : 84240
Forum Reputation : 50

PostSubject: Re: Library before massacre   Library before massacre Icon_minitimeSun Sep 11, 2016 6:06 am

I think that is table 19, under which Cassie died, since it seems to be right next to the window. If it was table 15 it should be a bit farther and you would be able to see the south side of table 20 behind the girl in pink.

Here you have that picture and another one in a better resolution:

Back to top Go down
TaylorsMom

TaylorsMom

PostSubject: Re: Library before massacre   Library before massacre Icon_minitimeSun Sep 11, 2016 9:54 am

Excellent observation [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]. So this could quite possibly be the table Eric banged on and knelt down and said the famous "peek-a-boo" before killing Cassie?
Back to top Go down
shades

shades

PostSubject: Re: Library before massacre   Library before massacre Icon_minitimeSun Sep 11, 2016 10:26 am

It's very much likely Cassie's table too based on the diagram...I remember seeing an aerial or helicopter shot rather of the library where you can see a little inside because of the broken windows and someone speculating that they "could see Cassie's arms or legs" or something - my point is that her table is right next to the window, like in that picture.

Top 10 Contributor
sororityalpha

Contribution Points : 121538
Forum Reputation : 1001

PostSubject: Re: Library before massacre   Library before massacre Icon_minitimeSun Sep 11, 2016 11:33 am

The reason it could be Table 15 is because of the bookshelves under the window.

In the FBI library crime scene diagram, the bookshelves under the window run from Window 7 to Window 10 - only Table 19 & Table 20 are beside the bookshelves.

Back to top Go down
Gonz

Gonz

Contribution Points : 84240
Forum Reputation : 50

PostSubject: Re: Library before massacre   Library before massacre Icon_minitimeSun Sep 11, 2016 3:28 pm

sororityalpha wrote:
The reason it could be Table 15 is because of the bookshelves under the window.

In the FBI library crime scene diagram, the bookshelves under the window run from Window 7 to Window 10 - only Table 19 & Table 20 are beside the bookshelves.

You're right, I checked the Fire Departmen Video and when Cassie's table is shown (19:51 min) there's no bookshelves next to it. So it should be either table 15 or table 20 in a different position. Good eye Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Library before massacre   Library before massacre Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Library before massacre
Page 1 of 1