Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Library

Go down 
+7
QuestionMark
Lunkhead McGrath
Ld010
Lizpuff
Yumeko-chan
Screamingophelia
Kerea2244
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Kerea2244
Top 10 Contributor
Kerea2244

Contribution Points : 122900
Forum Reputation : 40

Library Empty
PostSubject: Library   Library Icon_minitimeWed Oct 31, 2018 6:29 am

Im NOT including the shooters in this, but how bad was the crime scene in the library??
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Other Crimes Moderator & Top 10 Contributor
Screamingophelia

Contribution Points : 192899
Forum Reputation : 1317

Library Empty
PostSubject: Re: Library   Library Icon_minitimeWed Oct 31, 2018 8:09 am

From the descriptions I’ve read and just witness statements I imagine it was pretty horrible. Also considering the fact that the first responders in the library I think had PTSD And there were some suicides as well. Just looking at the walk-through video after everyone was taken out of the library it’s pretty graphic

anna444 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Library Empty
PostSubject: Re: Library   Library Icon_minitimeWed Oct 31, 2018 8:13 am

Agreed with Screaming. What video footage we have on the library is very graphic even without the victim's bodies laying there. I don't even want to imagine what it looked like or smelled like when the first responders and SWAT went in.No
Back to top Go down
Yumeko-chan

Contribution Points : 104615
Forum Reputation : 102

Library Empty
PostSubject: Re: Library   Library Icon_minitimeWed Oct 31, 2018 1:28 pm

Um, yeah, watching the firefighter video of the walkthrough should be all you need, but if you wanna get more graphic, I can certainly answer some questions...
Back to top Go down
Lizpuff

Lizpuff

Contribution Points : 95424
Forum Reputation : 1190

Library Empty
PostSubject: Re: Library   Library Icon_minitimeWed Oct 31, 2018 2:09 pm

I would assume you could smell the iron in the air.

anna444 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Library Empty
PostSubject: Re: Library   Library Icon_minitimeWed Oct 31, 2018 2:14 pm

Lizpuff wrote:
I would assume you could smell the iron in the air.  

Among other things. Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Kerea2244
Top 10 Contributor
Kerea2244

Library Empty
PostSubject: Re: Library   Library Icon_minitimeWed Oct 31, 2018 2:36 pm

I wonder how graphic the victims bodys were No Sad

Library Empty
PostSubject: Re: Library   Library Icon_minitimeWed Oct 31, 2018 3:36 pm

Kerea2244 wrote:

If you have ever gone through the autopsy reports, those would give you a good idea at the extent of bodily damage.
Back to top Go down
Kerea2244
Top 10 Contributor
Kerea2244

Library Empty
PostSubject: Re: Library   Library Icon_minitimeWed Oct 31, 2018 4:32 pm

ShadowedGoddess wrote:
Kerea2244 wrote:

If you have ever gone through the autopsy reports, those would give you a good idea at the extent of bodily damage.
Yeah I did
Back to top Go down
Ld010

Contribution Points : 49650
Forum Reputation : 0

Library Empty
PostSubject: Re: Library   Library Icon_minitimeMon Nov 05, 2018 4:18 pm

Yumeko-chan wrote:
Um, yeah, watching the firefighter video of the walkthrough should be all you need, but if you wanna get more graphic, I can certainly answer some questions...
Hello Yumeko, I understand you are library survivor Amanda Duran, is it correct? In that case, congratulations for your youtube channel, I watched all of your vids and I d'love for you to soon give an update!
Also, I was wondering what was it like inside the library in the moments between the end of the shooting and the escape from the school. Was it dark from the gunsmoke? did you see anyone's body? did you smell or heard something that you still remember to this day?
Back to top Go down
Lunkhead McGrath

Contribution Points : 75386
Forum Reputation : 225

Library Empty
PostSubject: wanting   Library Icon_minitimeThu Nov 08, 2018 5:46 pm

Kerea2244 wrote:

Well a lot of that wondering is precisely because you probably ***never will*** see actual pics/video footage of the library with the dead people still in it.

If you *could* see it....it'd probably just be a bunch of kids lying there with blood all over the place. You'd be shocked, amazed, something you'd always wanted to see and you could finally see it....and then you'd get bored with it and move on. It wouldn't look any different than the San Ysidro massacre which you can go look up footage of.....except that you might get some novelty value out of being able to tell which kid is which.

That's how I felt about the other half of the 1999 class photo, which I'd wanted to see for *years*. Holy crap. HERE IT IS. Hey, there's Lauren! Hey, there's Lisa Kreutz!! Hey, a bunch more 1999 kids with those stupid blonde highlights in their hair!

And after looking at it a few times...that was it. Moving along!!!

I bet the basement tapes would be the same way.
Back to top Go down

Library Empty
PostSubject: Re: Library   Library Icon_minitimeThu Nov 08, 2018 5:50 pm

Lunkhead McGrath wrote:
Kerea2244 wrote:

Well a lot of that wondering is precisely because you probably ***never will*** see actual pics/video footage of the library with the dead people still in it.  

If you *could* see it....it'd probably just be a bunch of kids lying there with blood all over the place.   You'd be shocked, amazed, something you'd always wanted to see and you could finally see it....and then you'd get bored with it and move on.  It wouldn't look any different than the San Ysidro massacre which you can go look up footage of.....except that you might get some novelty value out of being able to tell which kid is which.

That's how I felt about the other half of the 1999 class photo, which I'd wanted to see for *years*.  Holy crap.  HERE IT IS.  Hey, there's Lauren!  Hey, there's Lisa Kreutz!!  Hey, a bunch more 1999 kids with those stupid blonde highlights in their hair!  

And after looking at it a few times...that was it.  Moving along!!!

I disagree. After following the timeline so closely, watching some of the funerals, reading about these kids for years - sometimes even in their own words - seeing the anguish of their families, committing their smiling faces to memory...I don't think that it would be just a generic dead body that I happen to recognize laying bloodied on the library floor. I think I'd see them as the human beings that they were and feel very real sorrow at their loss.
Back to top Go down
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark

Contribution Points : 119628
Forum Reputation : 3191

Library Empty
PostSubject: Re: Library   Library Icon_minitimeThu Nov 08, 2018 6:19 pm

Lunkhead McGrath wrote:

No because then you'd have people bickering and wondering "what does this little detail mean? What does this say about Eric/Dylan's mental state? Let's analyze their tone of voice for answers!" and far from answering any questions would just create a bunch more as people try to interpret the information they'd be given.

Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

Library Empty
PostSubject: Re: Library   Library Icon_minitimeThu Nov 08, 2018 6:33 pm

QuestionMark wrote:
Lunkhead McGrath wrote:

No because then you'd have people bickering and wondering "what does this little detail mean? What does this say about Eric/Dylan's mental state? Let's analyze their tone of voice for answers!" and far from answering any questions would just create a bunch more as people try to interpret the information they'd be given.

It would be a never ending cycle

Though the one part I’d give my right arm for is the “Dylan you’re Jewish” part. I think Sue and Judy were way too close to this situation and hated Eric

I’ll always agree with Brooks he said He thought their friends should’ve been able to see the tapes because they could’ve given insight

Top Contributor
HanShotFirst

Contribution Points : 63587
Forum Reputation : 1210

Library Empty
PostSubject: Re: Library   Library Icon_minitimeFri Nov 09, 2018 4:40 am

Screamingophelia wrote:
From the descriptions I’ve read and just witness statements I imagine it was pretty horrible. Also considering the fact that the first responders in the library I think had  PTSD And there were some suicides as well. Just looking at the walk-through video after everyone was taken out of the library it’s pretty graphic

This is why I scratch my head when people ask why Eric and Dylan killed themselves. If the first responders had mental breakdowns and suicidal tendencies then how can you possibly imagine any other outcome for Eric and Dylan who willingly painted such an atrocious portrait? Once the adrenaline wore off their psychological state must have been just terrible, even more so than it was before. It's one thing to idolize films and fantasize about committing such acts, but it must be a whole other thing to actually do them and see firsthand the end results.

anna444 likes this post

Back to top Go down
thelmar

thelmar

Contribution Points : 82007
Forum Reputation : 3068

Library Empty
PostSubject: Re: Library   Library Icon_minitimeFri Nov 09, 2018 7:32 am

Screamingophelia wrote:

Though the one part I’d give my right arm for is the “Dylan you’re Jewish” part. I think Sue and Judy were way too close  to this situation and hated Eric

OMG- same!! I always thought that seemed ridiculous that Dylan was suddenly in fear of Eric because he was 1/4 Jewish. I think, just like people who look at their high school photos and see "evil", Sue and Judy saw what they wanted to/ would expect to see from Eric the devil. I envision it more as Dylan being embarrassed that he's Jewish (because they tried to act like these hardcore racists) and Eric's response was more like, "Sucks for you, man."

anna444 likes this post

Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

Library Empty
PostSubject: Re: Library   Library Icon_minitimeFri Nov 09, 2018 9:04 am

thelmar wrote:
Screamingophelia wrote:

Though the one part I’d give my right arm for is the “Dylan you’re Jewish” part. I think Sue and Judy were way too close  to this situation and hated Eric

OMG- same!! I always thought that seemed ridiculous that Dylan was suddenly in fear of Eric because he was 1/4 Jewish. I think, just like people who look at their high school photos and see "evil", Sue and Judy saw what they wanted to/ would expect to see from Eric the devil. I envision it more as Dylan being embarrassed that he's Jewish (because they tried to act like these hardcore racists) and Eric's response was more like, "Sucks for you, man."

I am leaning more towards that too. They were trying to be bad ass and hate everything in Dylan’s like go to Passover with my family...He’s probably like really that sucks.

And who knows maybe Eric wanted to scare him a little bit after Dylan almost shot him?

Library Empty
PostSubject: Re: Library   Library Icon_minitimeFri Nov 09, 2018 9:27 am

QuestionMark wrote:

Agreed. This will be the case with the depositions as well when they are finally released. Any new info will be picked apart and discussed down to the smallest detail.  Also any new information will stir up questions that will still be argued over and discussed probably for another 20 years or so.
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

Library Empty
PostSubject: Re: Library   Library Icon_minitimeFri Nov 09, 2018 9:47 am

ShadowedGoddess wrote:
QuestionMark wrote:

Agreed. This will be the case with the depositions as well when they are finally released. Any new info will be picked apart and discussed down to the smallest detail.  Also any new information will stir up questions that will still be argued over and discussed probably for another 20 years or so.

I also remember there is was a quote from Lauren’s mom and she said she was looking forward to talking about the depositions. So we will probably hear from the victims families then too. At least some of them.

Library Empty
PostSubject: Re: Library   Library Icon_minitimeFri Nov 09, 2018 10:45 am

Screamingophelia wrote:
ShadowedGoddess wrote:
QuestionMark wrote:

I also remember there is was a quote  from Lauren’s mom and she said she was looking forward to talking about the depositions. So we will probably hear from the victims families then too. At least some of them.

I hope they do discuss their thoughts on what if anything was learned during the depositions.
Back to top Go down
Clogerhead

Clogerhead

Contribution Points : 49918

Library Empty
PostSubject: Re: Library   Library Icon_minitimeFri Nov 09, 2018 3:40 pm

I've always wondered how much vomit is present in these types of crime scenes. Blood and dead bodies is obviously the first thing we think of, but considering the amount of physical and emotional pain that the victims go through, along with the disgusting sight and smell of dead bodies, I think there would be a lot of people throwing up.

"little teen pirn" -Nikolas Cruz

anna444 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Library Empty
PostSubject: Re: Library   Library Icon_minitimeFri Nov 09, 2018 3:43 pm

Clogerhead wrote:
I've always wondered how much vomit is present in these types of crime scenes. Blood and dead bodies is obviously the first thing we think of, but considering the amount of physical and emotional pain that the victims go through, along with the disgusting sight and smell of dead bodies, I think there would be a lot of people throwing up.

I wouldn't rule it out. No
Back to top Go down
ChaotixBoy

ChaotixBoy

Contribution Points : 65092

Library Empty
PostSubject: Re: Library   Library Icon_minitimeFri Nov 23, 2018 11:13 pm

There were a few people who were in the library like firefighters and SWAT team who later committed suicide because of the PTSD. So I imagine the library was very brutal. All the blood and body parts everywhere, smell of dead bodies, the smoke and debris up in there. Just horrible.

anna444 likes this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Library Empty
PostSubject: Re: Library   Library Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Library
Page 1 of 1