Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Toronto Van Incident April 2018

Go down 
+10
MysteryMan
sororityalpha
Tommy QTR
InsaneIntruder
philosopher_king
W.A.R.
QuestionMark
STK
Oldmare
Dunkelziffer
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Dunkelziffer

Contribution Points : 99410
Forum Reputation : 0

Toronto Van Incident April 2018 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Toronto Van Incident April 2018   Toronto Van Incident April 2018 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 25, 2018 12:08 pm

InsaneIntruder wrote:
Dunkelziffer wrote:
These vehicle-ramming type attacks get kind of frequent. It's such an ugly and lazy method. Didn't Lanza write something to that effect? How he could not get into this method because it was too unpersonal?
That's why people do it. Because it's lazy. All you have to do is get a car and drive it into a crowd of people. Simple as that. That's why they're so frequent, you don't need to plan it a lot, it doesn't require a ton of intellect to get a high score (while for a bombing for example it does) and even with strict gun laws you can still do it as countries would never ban cars.

Yes, exactly. It's easy, cheap and can be done without a lot of preparation. Getting (and hiding) guns (or other materials), making plans, planning diversions etc. is work. But renting a van and plowing in a group of people, no problem.
This last christmas I saw large temporary concrete pollers at the entrance to the local christmas market. So this is the solution to the subject of "baning vans because they could be used in a ramming attack".
Back to top Go down
Oldmare

Oldmare

Contribution Points : 59949

PostSubject: Re: Toronto Van Incident April 2018   Toronto Van Incident April 2018 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 25, 2018 12:20 pm

There was a Toronto Maple Leaf game here the evening after the attack. Security and Police placed large cement blocks around the area people would be walking on the sidewalks on thier way to the game. To protect them from any other type of attack. I've read that exterior landscaping has changed in Europe to help protect people from these kinds of attacks.

I don't understand the mentality of "i hate being celibate so I'm going to kill a bunch of innocent people."
It's completely beyond my understanding ...if true.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Sent from Topic'it App
Back to top Go down
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark

Contribution Points : 120953
Forum Reputation : 3191

PostSubject: Re: Toronto Van Incident April 2018   Toronto Van Incident April 2018 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 25, 2018 1:25 pm

Undyne wrote:
"What are they going to suggest next, ban vehicles!?"

No, because vehicles, unlike guns, have a purpose outside of killing/injuring things.  Glad I could shoot this stupid talking point down.

Man you're dense.

InsaneIntruder

InsaneIntruder

Contribution Points : 86403
Forum Reputation : 340

PostSubject: Re: Toronto Van Incident April 2018   Toronto Van Incident April 2018 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 25, 2018 2:08 pm

Dunkelziffer wrote:
InsaneIntruder wrote:
Dunkelziffer wrote:
These vehicle-ramming type attacks get kind of frequent. It's such an ugly and lazy method. Didn't Lanza write something to that effect? How he could not get into this method because it was too unpersonal?
That's why people do it. Because it's lazy. All you have to do is get a car and drive it into a crowd of people. Simple as that. That's why they're so frequent, you don't need to plan it a lot, it doesn't require a ton of intellect to get a high score (while for a bombing for example it does) and even with strict gun laws you can still do it as countries would never ban cars.

Yes, exactly. It's easy, cheap and can be done without a lot of preparation. Getting (and hiding) guns (or other materials), making plans, planning diversions etc. is work. But renting a van and plowing in a group of people, no problem.
This last christmas I saw large temporary concrete pollers at the entrance to the local christmas market. So this is the solution to the subject of "baning vans because they could be used in a ramming attack".
Exactly.
Also if I recall correctly, went I went to Times Square there were blocks of stone on the sidewalk which were apparently there to stop vehicles.
Back to top Go down
Undyne

Contribution Points : 102463
Forum Reputation : 27

PostSubject: Re: Toronto Van Incident April 2018   Toronto Van Incident April 2018 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 25, 2018 2:35 pm

QuestionMark wrote:
Undyne wrote:

No, because vehicles, unlike guns, have a purpose outside of killing/injuring things.  Glad I could shoot this stupid talking point down.

Man you're dense.

Care to offer a counterpoint?

This braindead talking point is all over Twitter and elsewhere because these people literally do not know the primary function of a vehicle vs. a gun.

Last edited by Undyne on Wed Apr 25, 2018 2:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Stoned Slacker

Stoned Slacker

Contribution Points : 58729
Forum Reputation : 15

PostSubject: Re: Toronto Van Incident April 2018   Toronto Van Incident April 2018 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 25, 2018 2:43 pm

ban assault vans omgg!!!!111
Back to top Go down
Tommy QTR

Contribution Points : 92517
Forum Reputation : 575

PostSubject: Re: Toronto Van Incident April 2018   Toronto Van Incident April 2018 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 25, 2018 4:38 pm

Great now this is going to demonise all Incels and make all of them seem like misogynists who hate women and support violence.

-Lil Peep
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Toronto Van Incident April 2018   Toronto Van Incident April 2018 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 25, 2018 4:43 pm

Tommy QTR wrote:
Great now this is going to demonise all Incels and make all of them seem like misogynists who hate women and support violence.    

It likely will. But if you are truly a part of that community then be a voice for the ones that aren't violent or women hating.
Back to top Go down
Dunkelziffer

Contribution Points : 99410

PostSubject: Re: Toronto Van Incident April 2018   Toronto Van Incident April 2018 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 25, 2018 4:51 pm

InsaneIntruder wrote:
Dunkelziffer wrote:
InsaneIntruder wrote:
Dunkelziffer wrote:

Exactly.
Also if I recall correctly, went I went to Times Square there were blocks of stone on the sidewalk which were apparently there to stop vehicles.

Just read about a new direct energy weapon that uses high-powered microwaves to stop cars the Defense Department’s Joint Non-Lethal Weapons Program [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] is developing.

We will be standing in the streets and toss microwaves at vehicles.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Toronto Van Incident April 2018   Toronto Van Incident April 2018 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 25, 2018 4:53 pm

Dunkelziffer wrote:
InsaneIntruder wrote:
Dunkelziffer wrote:
InsaneIntruder wrote:
Dunkelziffer wrote:

Exactly.

Just read about a new direct energy weapon that uses high-powered microwaves to stop cars the Defense Department’s Joint Non-Lethal Weapons Program [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] is developing.

We will be standing in the streets and toss microwaves at vehicles.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]  Well whatever works right? scratch
Back to top Go down
Tommy QTR

PostSubject: Re: Toronto Van Incident April 2018   Toronto Van Incident April 2018 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 25, 2018 5:09 pm

ShadowedGoddess wrote:
Tommy QTR wrote:

It likely will. But if you are truly a part of that community then be a voice for the ones that aren't violent or women hating.
The majority of Incels aren't, it's just a very vocal minority that are.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Toronto Van Incident April 2018   Toronto Van Incident April 2018 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 25, 2018 5:25 pm

Tommy QTR wrote:
ShadowedGoddess wrote:
Tommy QTR wrote:

The majority of Incels aren't, it's just a very vocal minority that are.

That small minority are giving you all a bad rep.
Back to top Go down
Tommy QTR

PostSubject: Re: Toronto Van Incident April 2018   Toronto Van Incident April 2018 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 25, 2018 6:13 pm

ShadowedGoddess wrote:
Tommy QTR wrote:

And the media will only focus on the small minority while painting all Incels with the same brush.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Toronto Van Incident April 2018   Toronto Van Incident April 2018 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 25, 2018 6:15 pm

Tommy QTR wrote:
ShadowedGoddess wrote:
Tommy QTR wrote:

And the media will only focus on the small minority while painting all Incels with the same brush.

True.
Back to top Go down
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark

PostSubject: Re: Toronto Van Incident April 2018   Toronto Van Incident April 2018 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 25, 2018 6:49 pm

Undyne wrote:
QuestionMark wrote:
Undyne wrote:

Man you're dense.

This braindead talking point is all over Twitter and elsewhere because these people literally do not know the primary function of a vehicle vs. a gun.

You're missing the point completely. The point is that if you ban guns, then the next killer will use something else to kill people with. And you can't exactly ban cars or knives.

Oldmare

Oldmare

Contribution Points : 59949

PostSubject: Re: Toronto Van Incident April 2018   Toronto Van Incident April 2018 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 26, 2018 1:35 pm

Um yah...?

Sent from Topic'it App
Back to top Go down
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark

PostSubject: Re: Toronto Van Incident April 2018   Toronto Van Incident April 2018 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 26, 2018 5:18 pm

Oldmare wrote:
Um yah...?

Sent from Topic'it App

Oh.

Looks like he might not have been an incel.

PostSubject: Re: Toronto Van Incident April 2018   Toronto Van Incident April 2018 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 26, 2018 6:01 pm

QuestionMark wrote:
Oldmare wrote:
Um yah...?

Sent from Topic'it App

Oh.

that was good ol' inspect element

also love how the media blamed an innocent man 2 get clicks
thats like if the attacker was named joe smith and the first pic on google images you use
Back to top Go down
Krieg

Krieg

Contribution Points : 61174
Forum Reputation : 10

PostSubject: Re: Toronto Van Incident April 2018   Toronto Van Incident April 2018 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 26, 2018 6:40 pm

QuestionMark wrote:
Oldmare wrote:
Um yah...?

Sent from Topic'it App

Oh.

he was an incel,here is the archive [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Undyne

Contribution Points : 102463
Forum Reputation : 27

PostSubject: Re: Toronto Van Incident April 2018   Toronto Van Incident April 2018 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 27, 2018 12:55 pm

QuestionMark wrote:
Undyne wrote:
QuestionMark wrote:
Undyne wrote:

Man you're dense.

You're missing the point completely. The point is that if you ban guns, then the next killer will use something else to kill people with. And you can't exactly ban cars or knives.

1.  It's far, far harder for one person to kill a ton of people with a knife vs a gun.
2.  Okay, let's think about a highly unlikely future where vehicle massacres have topped gun massacres in the US.  Hardly anyone would suggest banning vehicles because VEHICLES HAVE A PURPOSE OUTSIDE OF KILLING.  

Also, research suggests that more guns do not stop more crimes:

Also also, I never argued that way stricter gun control would completely solve America's violence problem.  We need to fix our nation's gross inequality problem but I guess that's just me being a social justice warrior.

Back to top Go down
Stoned Slacker

Stoned Slacker

PostSubject: Re: Toronto Van Incident April 2018   Toronto Van Incident April 2018 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 27, 2018 1:05 pm

undertale fan lol
Back to top Go down
Stoned Slacker

Stoned Slacker

PostSubject: Re: Toronto Van Incident April 2018   Toronto Van Incident April 2018 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 27, 2018 1:06 pm

but assault vans r a srs problem now and we need 2 ban them ok
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Toronto Van Incident April 2018   Toronto Van Incident April 2018 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 23, 2018 7:01 am

More info on Alek Minassian.

Apparently he used to make meowing noises and try and bite people. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Rosie1756

Rosie1756

Contribution Points : 16321
Forum Reputation : 227

PostSubject: Re: Toronto Van Incident April 2018   Toronto Van Incident April 2018 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 19, 2022 2:16 am

He admitted he stopped the van because he couldn't clean the windshield, did the wipers get damaged or did he not know how to use them?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Toronto Van Incident April 2018   Toronto Van Incident April 2018 - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Toronto Van Incident April 2018
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2