Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Trailer for The Dirties - School Shooting movie

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage

Trailer for The Dirties - School Shooting movie Empty
PostSubject: Trailer for The Dirties - School Shooting movie   Trailer for The Dirties - School Shooting movie Icon_minitimeSat 31 Aug 2013 - 23:34

I wasn't really sure where to post this one.  So, if it's in the wrong spot, please redirect me to where it should go on this forum.  Spotted this on Tumblr.

Here is a trailer for the film THE DIRTIES, presented by Kevin Smith. It’s about 2 students who get bullied at school and decide to make a movie about them seeking revenge

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

“You make movies about yourself,” he continued. “Eric Harris and Dylan Klebold made hundreds of movies about themselves, tons of them. And when you watch them, they’re funny kids trying to make one another laugh, which is the part of the story you never hear when you hear about Columbine, when you hear about anybody who’s doing something super-violent in school.”

"...Smith said. “It takes you to a place that most movies don’t go, because it humanizes the person who is most villainized in the flick. I was incredibly moved. …

SDCC | Kevin Smith and Matt Johnson Talk ‘The Dirties’ and Indie Film Boom

Last edited by InFiNiNcEX5 on Sun 1 Sep 2013 - 5:25; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
em81

Contribution Points : 100499
Forum Reputation : 3

PostSubject: Re: Trailer for The Dirties - School Shooting movie   Trailer for The Dirties - School Shooting movie Icon_minitimeSun 1 Sep 2013 - 1:12

Interesting, thanks for sharing.
Back to top Go down
Lifetime

Contribution Points : 101403
Forum Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: Trailer for The Dirties - School Shooting movie   Trailer for The Dirties - School Shooting movie Icon_minitimeSun 1 Sep 2013 - 1:14

Awesome, I can't believe Kevin Smith is directing this.

PostSubject: Re: Trailer for The Dirties - School Shooting movie   Trailer for The Dirties - School Shooting movie Icon_minitimeSun 1 Sep 2013 - 1:35

To clarify, directed by Matt Johnson and presented by Kevin Smith.
Back to top Go down
MarmaladeSkies

Contribution Points : 100641

PostSubject: Re: Trailer for The Dirties - School Shooting movie   Trailer for The Dirties - School Shooting movie Icon_minitimeSun 1 Sep 2013 - 10:13

Actually looks decent. I like how the pay homage to Elephant by wearing the same shirt John Robinson wore in the movie.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Trailer for The Dirties - School Shooting movie   Trailer for The Dirties - School Shooting movie Icon_minitimeSun 1 Sep 2013 - 11:04

I also like how they had a Pulp Fiction poster
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Trailer for The Dirties - School Shooting movie   Trailer for The Dirties - School Shooting movie Icon_minitimeThu 3 Oct 2013 - 6:32

Kevin Smith chats about The Dirties  1 hour 6 min in.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
areyoulistening

Contribution Points : 101072

PostSubject: Re: Trailer for The Dirties - School Shooting movie   Trailer for The Dirties - School Shooting movie Icon_minitimeSat 5 Oct 2013 - 21:57

You can watch it here! :)http://www.putlocker.com/file/5C1133C64B84CE70#

It's not harmful to your computer.

There's a part where one of the guys is reading "Columbine" I kindly had to walk away for 5 minutes. I love this movie!

Contribution Points : 96189

PostSubject: Re: Trailer for The Dirties - School Shooting movie   Trailer for The Dirties - School Shooting movie Icon_minitimeThu 10 Oct 2013 - 1:42

I wanna see that one. Not out in DVD yet, I assume. Will be on the lookout for it.

Not sure what the format is, though. Docu-fiction? Sounds interesting.
Back to top Go down
em81

PostSubject: Re: Trailer for The Dirties - School Shooting movie   Trailer for The Dirties - School Shooting movie Icon_minitimeThu 10 Oct 2013 - 3:10

Did someone see this movie?

I want to see it, but they don´t have a release date for Germany (I asked them on Facebook)
Back to top Go down
areyoulistening

PostSubject: The Dirties   Trailer for The Dirties - School Shooting movie Icon_minitimeThu 10 Oct 2013 - 3:19

Watch it completely free here

wait for the numbers to count down and click "free user" It's in English.

Well worth the watch!

PostSubject: Re: Trailer for The Dirties - School Shooting movie   Trailer for The Dirties - School Shooting movie Icon_minitimeThu 10 Oct 2013 - 4:27

Rather disappointed in it. Comes across pretentious.. too self aware, maybe? Cool 
The ending was so abrupt and just..oddly placed. Frankly, I don't get all the rave reviews.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Trailer for The Dirties - School Shooting movie   Trailer for The Dirties - School Shooting movie Icon_minitimeSat 12 Oct 2013 - 14:52

InFiNiNcEX5 wrote:
Rather disappointed in it.  Comes across pretentious.. too self aware, maybe?  Cool 
The ending was so abrupt and just..oddly placed.  Frankly, I don't get all the rave reviews.
Me neither, man. Some things came off offensive to me. Spoiler: Like when they when to shoot guns with his uncle or some shit, he did that little wave and head turn like Dylan. Pissed me off for some reason. The ending was a total disappointment. Not to mention that fucking book. Everywhere you go besides here that book is praised, fuck that shit.
Back to top Go down
areyoulistening

PostSubject: Re: Trailer for The Dirties - School Shooting movie   Trailer for The Dirties - School Shooting movie Icon_minitimeSat 12 Oct 2013 - 17:52

Affliction wrote:
InFiNiNcEX5 wrote:
Rather disappointed in it.  Comes across pretentious.. too self aware, maybe?  Cool 
The ending was so abrupt and just..oddly placed.  Frankly, I don't get all the rave reviews.
Me neither, man. Some things came off offensive to me. Spoiler: Like when they when to shoot guns with his uncle or some shit, he did that little wave and head turn like Dylan. Pissed me off for some reason. The ending was a total disappointment. Not to mention that fucking book. Everywhere you go besides here that book is praised, fuck that shit.
I enjoyed it. Yes the ending was a bit rushed and the use of the book annoyed the hell out of me, but it was a good concept and delivered quite well in parts. They seemed human to me in a way that other school shooters aren't in movies. I don't know, maybe it's just me..

PostSubject: Re: Trailer for The Dirties - School Shooting movie   Trailer for The Dirties - School Shooting movie Icon_minitimeMon 14 Oct 2013 - 0:47

areyoulistening wrote:
Affliction wrote:
InFiNiNcEX5 wrote:
I enjoyed it. Yes the ending was a bit rushed and the use of the book annoyed the hell out of me, but it was a good concept and delivered quite well in parts. They seemed human to me in a way that other school shooters aren't in movies. I don't know, maybe it's just me..
The movie in itself is a very good watch indeed. The story really makes you feel for these two humans. Strong thoughts are to be had in this film. Just so much of the little "we know about this so lets throw it in" bugged me is all. Will watch again after I watch Zero Day a few hundred times haha:drunken:
Back to top Go down
em81

PostSubject: Re: Trailer for The Dirties - School Shooting movie   Trailer for The Dirties - School Shooting movie Icon_minitimeMon 14 Oct 2013 - 2:11

It is not a bad movie. I enjoyed it. The first 40 minutes I laughed a lot, but than I got cold because of fear. The end was not bad at all. What end do you wish?

I really loved goofy Matt Johnson, he is really awesome. I had only trouble with the audio sometimes.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Trailer for The Dirties - School Shooting movie   Trailer for The Dirties - School Shooting movie Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Trailer for The Dirties - School Shooting movie
Page 1 of 1