Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Harris's journal

Go down 
+2
Jenn
MysteryMan
6 posters
AuthorMessage
MysteryMan

Contribution Points : 90508
Forum Reputation : 12

Harris's journal Empty
PostSubject: Harris's journal   Harris's journal Icon_minitimeTue May 01, 2018 3:45 am

So I always wondered why the gaps between another entries in his journal are so huge. If I were him and my goal was the most shocking terrorist attack in USA history I'd write on all my thoughts, reasons, philosophy and how I prepare for this. I assume that the Jefferson county didn't released all pages from the journal. I don't believe in that so am I the only one?
Back to top Go down
Jenn
Forum & Discord Server Owner
Jenn

Contribution Points : 119033
Forum Reputation : 1004

Harris's journal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Harris's journal   Harris's journal Icon_minitimeTue May 01, 2018 4:10 am

No, I think they released his entire journal. He says something like "many months has passed". And I'm guessing it was hard work for him to keep up with his school work, his job, his diversion community service and planning and preparing for Columbine.

And I think his journal entries slowed down once they got guns because that is when the plan actually turned into a reality for Eric. I know they had been talking about it since April, 1998 but I don't think they actually started preparing everything until they got the guns in December, 1998. And so they only had 4 months to get everything prepared. That really doesn't leave a lot of time for journal writing.

Back to top Go down

Harris's journal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Harris's journal   Harris's journal Icon_minitimeTue May 01, 2018 4:26 am

MysteryMan wrote:
So I always wondered why the gaps between another entries in his journal are so huge. If I were him and my goal was the most shocking terrorist attack in USA history I'd write on all my thoughts, reasons, philosophy and how I prepare for this. I assume that the Jefferson county didn't released all pages from the journal. I don't believe in that so am I the only one?

You would be correct in the assumption that many people feel Jeffco didn't release every single piece of evidence. Jeffco proved themselves to be very untrustworthy during their investigation. They dragged out releasing info as long as possible, even after being ordered to by the court.

SO they dropped a few things here and there, saying "Yep this is it. All of the evidence."  Then low and behold more shit was found. I think they did this more then once.  Rolling Eyes

SO who knows what was lost or simply destroyed that we were never made aware of? It is this very reason that I am extremely skeptical,  and have issues with Jeffco in general. Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark

Contribution Points : 120628
Forum Reputation : 3191

Harris's journal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Harris's journal   Harris's journal Icon_minitimeTue May 01, 2018 9:54 am

ShadowedGoddess wrote:
MysteryMan wrote:

You would be correct in the assumption that many people feel Jeffco didn't release every single piece of evidence. Jeffco proved themselves to be very untrustworthy during their investigation. They dragged out releasing info as long as possible, even after being ordered to by the court.

SO they dropped a few things here and there, saying "Yep this is it. All of the evidence."  Then low and behold more shit was found. I think they did this more then once.  Rolling Eyes

SO who knows what was lost or simply destroyed that we were never made aware of? It is this very reason that I am extremely skeptical,  and have issues with Jeffco in general. Evil or Very Mad

My gripe with this is that, well, what else could they possibly keep under wraps, and for what purpose? Maybe I'm too naïve for my own good but I imagine that there can't be that much that could seriously implicate them.

Harris's journal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Harris's journal   Harris's journal Icon_minitimeTue May 01, 2018 10:04 am

QuestionMark wrote:
ShadowedGoddess wrote:
MysteryMan wrote:

My gripe with this is that, well, what else could they possibly keep under wraps, and for what purpose? Maybe I'm too naïve for my own good but I imagine that there can't be that much that could seriously implicate them.

I'm not saying that there was/still is anything else under wraps. Just saying that Jeffco was shady AF, and has well earned the mistrust people had/still have in their investigation abilities.

They brought all the skepticism down on themselves in my opinion.
Back to top Go down
Sane One

Contribution Points : 85098
Forum Reputation : 0

Harris's journal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Harris's journal   Harris's journal Icon_minitimeTue May 01, 2018 2:23 pm

There is corruption among everybody, it doesn’t matter if you’re in law enforcement or not. Anything that makes anybody look bad they will never release. There’s so many holes in the country concert Vegas massacre that it makes Jeffco look like saints.

Whether it’s not doing your job correctly, not performing at your best, ignorance, fear etc.... who knows. But in the end every group and every company in this world is run like a gang. They protect their own no matter what.
Back to top Go down

Harris's journal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Harris's journal   Harris's journal Icon_minitimeTue May 01, 2018 2:39 pm

Sane One wrote:
There is corruption among everybody, it doesn’t matter if you’re in law enforcement or not. Anything that makes anybody look bad they will never release. There’s so many holes in the country concert Vegas massacre that it makes Jeffco look like saints.  

Whether it’s not doing your job correctly, not performing at your best, ignorance,  fear etc.... who knows. But in the end every group and every company in this world is run like a gang. They protect their own no matter what.

100% agreed! I'm still shaking my head at all the bullshit surrounding Vegas. Evil or Very Mad Suspect
Back to top Go down
Jollyhelpful

Jollyhelpful

Contribution Points : 66369
Forum Reputation : 70

Harris's journal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Harris's journal   Harris's journal Icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2018 2:23 pm

There's something I've always wondered about Eric's journal. Why do you think he stopped writing in it two weeks before the massacre? While his last entry did end on a bitter note, it just doesn't come off as "final" to me. Eric has always come across as a sentimental guy to me; and with his love of foreshadowing, I'm surprised he didn't write anything the weekend of the 17th? He probably relished the fact that all the kids he hated so much were getting dolled up for prom, all the while having no idea that this would be the last weekend of their lives. Although maybe I'm reading into this too much since they were recording the basement tapes at the same time.
Back to top Go down

Harris's journal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Harris's journal   Harris's journal Icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2018 3:13 pm

Jollyhelpful wrote:
There's something I've always wondered about Eric's journal. Why do you think he stopped writing in it two weeks before the massacre? While his last entry did end on a bitter note, it just doesn't come off as "final" to me. Eric has always come across as a sentimental guy to me; and with his love of foreshadowing, I'm surprised he didn't write anything the weekend of the 17th? He probably relished the fact that all the kids he hated so much were getting dolled up for prom, all the while having no idea that this would be the last weekend of their lives. Although maybe I'm reading into this too much since they were recording the basement tapes at the same time.

I have often wondered the same. scratch But maybe he considered the basement tapes enough of a send off.

Also he was trying everything in his power to get a date to the Prom himself, so that probably didn't leave much time to rant. Haha
Back to top Go down
Jollyhelpful

Jollyhelpful

Contribution Points : 66369
Forum Reputation : 70

Harris's journal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Harris's journal   Harris's journal Icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2018 3:37 pm

Quote :
Also he was trying everything in his power to get a date to the Prom himself, so that probably didn't leave much time to rant. Haha

You would think the fact that he couldn't get a prom date would've been something he'd rant about in his journal. Also what do think are the chances he would've written about that night if he had gotten lucky with Susan?
Back to top Go down

Harris's journal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Harris's journal   Harris's journal Icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2018 3:39 pm

Jollyhelpful wrote:
Quote :

You would think the fact that he couldn't get a prom date would've been something he'd rant about in his journal. Also what do think are the chances he would've written about that night if he had gotten lucky with Susan?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Oh no doubt Eric would have checked himself off the "To Do List" ASAP! Roll
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Other Crimes Moderator & Top 10 Contributor
Screamingophelia

Contribution Points : 193482
Forum Reputation : 1317

Harris's journal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Harris's journal   Harris's journal Icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2018 4:08 pm

ShadowedGoddess wrote:
Jollyhelpful wrote:
Quote :

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Oh no doubt Eric would have checked himself off the "To Do List" ASAP! Roll

He would have picked the perfect pen for it and he would have told EVERYONE.

Next day Eric would be like "So did you kiss Robyn or anything.." "No.. Reb.. the halcyon is waiting for me... blah blah" I GOT LAID DYLAN!!!! I HAD SEX!!!!! Then on Monday everyone would know too...

Harris's journal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Harris's journal   Harris's journal Icon_minitimeSat Aug 11, 2018 3:38 am

Screamingophelia wrote:
He would have picked the perfect pen for it and he would have told EVERYONE.

Next day Eric would be like "So did you kiss Robyn or anything.." "No.. Reb.. the halcyon is waiting for me... blah blah" I GOT LAID DYLAN!!!! I HAD SEX!!!!! Then on Monday everyone would know too...

LOL
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

Harris's journal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Harris's journal   Harris's journal Icon_minitimeSun Sep 02, 2018 4:27 pm

This made me laugh due to the Radioactive Clothing video... what is Eric's whole journal is really his "Reb' persona making fun of Eric and everything Eric does wrong.

people cant figure out to use a fucking lighter.

Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark

Contribution Points : 120628
Forum Reputation : 3191

Harris's journal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Harris's journal   Harris's journal Icon_minitimeMon Sep 03, 2018 10:54 am

Screamingophelia wrote:
This made me laugh due to the Radioactive Clothing video... what is Eric's whole journal is really his "Reb' persona making fun of Eric and everything Eric does wrong.

He did say that people who fuck up using a lighter should be shot, so I guess that means he was making good on his declaration.  Very Happy

Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

Harris's journal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Harris's journal   Harris's journal Icon_minitimeMon Sep 03, 2018 11:09 am

QuestionMark wrote:
Screamingophelia wrote:

He did say that people who fuck up using a lighter should be shot, so I guess that means he was making good on his declaration.  Very Happy

He did, Say what you want about Eric, he had follow through for sure.

Harris's journal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Harris's journal   Harris's journal Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Harris's journal
Page 1 of 1