Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Earliest Mass Murders/Spree killings In World History?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage

Earliest Mass Murders/Spree killings In World History? Empty
PostSubject: Earliest Mass Murders/Spree killings In World History?   Earliest Mass Murders/Spree killings In World History? Icon_minitimeFri Jun 08, 2018 11:11 pm

not mass shootings but like perhaps killing sprees with swords and daggers and shit?
*Do not include serial killers like that french knight or those werewolf serial killers*
Back to top Go down
UncontinuedProcess

UncontinuedProcess

Contribution Points : 69332
Forum Reputation : 430

PostSubject: Re: Earliest Mass Murders/Spree killings In World History?   Earliest Mass Murders/Spree killings In World History? Icon_minitimeSat Jun 09, 2018 5:15 am

Barnett Davenport is often referred to be the first individual mass murderer in post-revolutionary America, he killed his landlord, his wife and granddaughter before setting their house on fire which killed two sleepers within the house.

There's also the Beselick rampage in the Holy Roman Empire in 1583 which a man used an axe and arson to kill 41 people but very little information on that case exists.

Giuseppe Marco Fieschi could be considered the first mass shooter by using a volley gun that he constructed with a co-conspirator to assassinate King Louis-Philippe, he ended up killing 18 people and wounded a further 22 while Louis-Philippe escaped serious injury.

I know there was a pile of mass murders during the 19th century that used melee weapons but most of them consisted of family annihilations, I figure you are probably looking for some pre-1800's.

Also  
TheOne99 wrote:
those werewolf serial killers*
Hold up here, what?! I need to know about this.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Earliest Mass Murders/Spree killings In World History?   Earliest Mass Murders/Spree killings In World History? Icon_minitimeSat Jun 09, 2018 7:24 am

Piruz Nahavandi killed 7 to 10 people and injured 3 to 6 others in Medina, Rashidun Caliphate in 644. Used a melee weapon.

Christoff Bihl killed his nine children in Zabern, Holy Roman Empire on August 25, 1580. Used a knife, and his bare hands.

Blasius Endres killed seven members of his household in Wangen im Allgäu, Holy Roman Empire on August 9, 1585. Used a Iron mortar, hunting knife and his bare hands.

Jorg Rosthell killed his wife and six children in Breslau, or Prüsseln, Holy Roman Empire on April 11, 1599. Used a butcher knife.

Hans Eisenbeiß killed eight members of his household in Eliasbrunn, Holy Roman Empire on April 28, 1606. Used an axe.

In 1614 a man killed his wife and five children in their sleep in Valencia, Spain. He was executed by hanging, drawing, and quartering.

Michel Mosenheuer killed seven of his relatives in Benterode, Holy Roman Empire during January 13 to January 14, 1616. Used a Scimitar. Committed suicide.

Heinrich Rosenzweig killed his wife and six children in Quedlinburg, Holy Roman Empire on January 2, 1621. Used a sword, hatchet and his bare hands.

On October 22, 1641 a Javanese killed six people aboard the English ship "Coster" anchoring in the road of Bantam, Java. Used a kris (a dagger).

Thomas Austin killed nine of his relatives in Cullompton, United Kingdom in 1694. Used an axe.

John Chambers killed six of his children in Simer, United Kingdom, in date unknown, probably 1725.

Soera Brotto killed seven people and injured 10 others in Cape Town, Cape Colony during September 25 to 26, in 1786. Used a melee weapon.

Magofuku Itsuki killed three people and wounded six others with a sword in Furuichi, Japan in 1796.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Earliest Mass Murders/Spree killings In World History?   Earliest Mass Murders/Spree killings In World History? Icon_minitimeSat Jun 09, 2018 8:01 am

UncontinuedProcess wrote:
Barnett Davenport is often referred to be the first individual mass murderer in post-revolutionary America, he killed his landlord, his wife and granddaughter before setting their house on fire which killed two sleepers within the house.

There's also the Beselick rampage in the Holy Roman Empire in 1583 which a man used an axe and arson to kill 41 people but very little information on that case exists.

Giuseppe Marco Fieschi could be considered the first mass shooter by using a volley gun that he constructed with a co-conspirator to assassinate King Louis-Philippe, he ended up killing 18 people and wounded a further 22 while Louis-Philippe escaped serious injury.

I know there was a pile of mass murders during the 19th century that used melee weapons but most of them consisted of family annihilations, I figure you are probably looking for some pre-1800's.

Also  
TheOne99 wrote:
those werewolf serial killers*
Hold up here, what?! I need to know about this.

Yea, I had a book called "Historical Serial KIllers" and there were these 2 serial killers from france and germany who back in like 1400s and 1500s or somewhere around there dressed as wolves and lured their victims or something only to be later found out by mobs that they were actually humans and executed I think
Back to top Go down
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark

Contribution Points : 122653
Forum Reputation : 3191

PostSubject: Re: Earliest Mass Murders/Spree killings In World History?   Earliest Mass Murders/Spree killings In World History? Icon_minitimeSat Jun 09, 2018 12:09 pm

UncontinuedProcess wrote:

Sounds like an early version of Jared Loughner.

PostSubject: Re: Earliest Mass Murders/Spree killings In World History?   Earliest Mass Murders/Spree killings In World History? Icon_minitimeSat Aug 10, 2019 5:24 pm

Other than the Boston Massacre, has there ever been a case of someone going on a shooting rampage with a musket?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Earliest Mass Murders/Spree killings In World History?   Earliest Mass Murders/Spree killings In World History? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 12, 2019 12:22 pm

S.S. Anna massacre: In March 1860 two boatswain killed six tripulation members aboard the barque "Anna", which was going to Cowes on the Isle of the Wight, the murders occurred on the height of the Mexico Gulf. After a special order passed by the state secretary, by the request of the American minister, the two boatswain were arrested and were to be sent to the United States, there to be charged with murder.
Back to top Go down
Stallo

Contribution Points : 45105
Forum Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: Earliest Mass Murders/Spree killings In World History?   Earliest Mass Murders/Spree killings In World History? Icon_minitimeTue Nov 05, 2019 3:37 pm

One mass murder i found very interesting happened the year 1900 in Sweden. Johan Filip Nordlund killed five people and wounded eight. He was on a steamboat the plan was to kill everyone on board and then rob whatever he could find, he shot 4 to death and stabbed 1 to death. In 1910 he was executed by guillotine [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Earliest Mass Murders/Spree killings In World History?   Earliest Mass Murders/Spree killings In World History? Icon_minitimeTue Nov 05, 2019 4:33 pm

Stallo wrote:
One mass murder i found very interesting happened the year 1900 in Sweden. Johan Filip Nordlund killed five people and wounded eight. He was on a steamboat the plan was to kill everyone on board and then rob whatever he could find, he shot 4 to death and stabbed 1 to death. In 1910 he was executed by guillotine [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I am well aware of Johan Filip Nurdlund, I made a thread about him on here
Back to top Go down
Stallo

Contribution Points : 45105
Forum Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: Earliest Mass Murders/Spree killings In World History?   Earliest Mass Murders/Spree killings In World History? Icon_minitimeThu Nov 07, 2019 8:15 am

TheOne99 wrote:

Oh okey. You Swedish? Mattias Flink is a more recent swedish mass shooter worth reading bout, you've probaby heard of him if you knew about Nordlund.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Earliest Mass Murders/Spree killings In World History?   Earliest Mass Murders/Spree killings In World History? Icon_minitimeThu Nov 07, 2019 3:54 pm

Stallo wrote:
TheOne99 wrote:

Oh okey. You Swedish? Mattias Flink is a more recent swedish mass shooter worth reading bout, you've probaby heard of him if you knew about Nordlund.
No
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Earliest Mass Murders/Spree killings In World History?   Earliest Mass Murders/Spree killings In World History? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 27, 2019 8:55 pm

[quote="Enesbrietchvonfrederitch"]Piruz Nahavandi killed 7 to 10 people and injured 3 to 6 others in Medina, Rashidun Caliphate in 644. Used a melee weapon.
/quote]

Do you know of any more cases like this? Cases during the Middle Ages were people just go on stabbing/slashing rampages on random strangers, maybe even bow attacks?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Earliest Mass Murders/Spree killings In World History?   Earliest Mass Murders/Spree killings In World History? Icon_minitimeSat Dec 28, 2019 2:33 am

TheOne99 wrote:
Enesbrietchvonfrederitch wrote:
Piruz Nahavandi killed 7 to 10 people and injured 3 to 6 others in Medina, Rashidun Caliphate in 644. Used a melee weapon.
/quote]

Do you know of any more cases like this? Cases during the Middle Ages were people just go on stabbing/slashing rampages on random strangers, maybe even bow attacks?
Hello! I don't know of more attacks like this. However, I know of the poem called "Amok of Pedro" which is in the times of the Jesus Christ age. If the poem interests you, I will send a link to you.
Back to top Go down
James411

Contribution Points : 87307
Forum Reputation : 89

PostSubject: Re: Earliest Mass Murders/Spree killings In World History?   Earliest Mass Murders/Spree killings In World History? Icon_minitimeSat Dec 28, 2019 1:39 pm

The Spartans in ancient Greece lured a bunch of helots like 2000 of them into a valley.  They killed the strongest helots so they would not rebel.

From Wikipedia

According to a passage in Thucydides, 2,000 helots were massacred in a carefully staged event in 425 BC or earlier:

"The helots were invited by a proclamation to pick out those of their number who claimed to have most distinguished themselves against the enemy, in order that they might receive their freedom; the object being to test them, as it was thought that the first to claim their freedom would be the most high spirited and the most apt to rebel. As many as two thousand were selected accordingly, who crowned themselves and went round the temples, rejoicing in their new freedom. The Spartans, however, soon afterwards did away with them, and no one ever knew how each of them perished."[33]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Earliest Mass Murders/Spree killings In World History?   Earliest Mass Murders/Spree killings In World History? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Earliest Mass Murders/Spree killings In World History?
Page 1 of 1